• No

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Never will be

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • Not yet but he will be

Votes: 52 39.1%

• Total voters
pienaar isnt world class either

nani is the best right wing in the league, but still some way off world class.

Got to disagree there, nani isnt best in the league :| pienaar isn't world class but is as good as nani IMO

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Off topic, but according to what your post said, the last line should be:

Bale > Pienaar > Nani.

With the arrows that way round. Just saying.

Yea i just realized that oh well lol

Got to disagree there, nani isnt best in the league :| pienaar isn't world class but is as good as nani IMO

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Yea i just realized that oh well lol
based on what? because current stats would put him there, 4 goals and 8 assists

1. The order of the names contradicts your entire post.
2. I didn't realise we were playing the 'rate random players in order of quality' game. In that case, Lionel Messi > Nani > Emile Heskey > Ian Maxwell.

1. i know yes the arrows should be the other way around.
2. no it isn't name random players i am comparing nani to similar players in the EPL thought you would of noticed :/

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

based on what? because current stats would put him there, 4 goals and 8 assists

Yes even though he has 4 goals and 8 assists, the players around him do help that, he has scored some wonder goals but one was a fluke.

Pienaar is underrated IRL and in FM as an everton season ticket holder i watch him week in week out and in my opinion he is one of the best in the league at what he does.

1. i know yes the arrows should be the other way around.
2. no it isn't name random players i am comparing nani to similar players in the EPL thought you would of noticed :/

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Yes even though he has 4 goals and 8 assists, the players around him do help that, he has scored some wonder goals but one was a fluke.

Pienaar is underrated IRL and in FM as an everton season ticket holder i watch him week in week out and in my opinion he is one of the best in the league at what he does.
that could be said about any player in any team, the fact is he does have 8 assists and 4 goals regardless. he has 30 goals/assists in his last 30 games

Completely agree mrjack, us Evertonians who watch him week in week out are the only ones who can truly appreciate him. He is not world class but is without a shadow up there with the best in the league playing wide midfield. Along with Nani.

that could be said about any player in any team, the fact is he does have 8 assists and 4 goals regardless. he has 30 goals/assists in his last 30 games

You must be quality to achieve what nani has i admit, but in my opinion if pienaar was in his position he could achieve the same feat, he has all the attributes, the crossing, the dribbling, vision, awareness, to be a class act, wouldn't be suprised if united snapped him up to be honest

pienaar is good but come on he sometimes doesn't even start for everton

You must be quality to achieve what nani has i admit, but in my opinion if pienaar was in his position he could achieve the same feat, he has all the attributes, the crossing, the dribbling, vision, awareness, to be a class act, wouldn't be suprised if united snapped him up to be honest
if buts and maybes. thats just shifting the argument. im talking about the facts as they are

pienaar is good but come on he sometimes doesn't even start for everton
Lol are you joking? Maybe when he's injured, he is our best player when fit!

if buts and maybes. thats just shifting the argument. im talking about the facts as they are

Thats not a fair comparison though, you cant just judge on goals and assists, performance generally would be better, just because pienaar doesnt score/assist a ton doesnt mean anything.

Nowhere near world class in my opinion. Yes, he's a quality attacking player, but he has some way to go to be truly world class. Unfortunately coming out with "I'm world class" just makes him come off as a bit of a ****.

Lol are you joking? Maybe when he's injured, he is our best player when fit!

Yeah i realize that but i get the feeling that moyes prefers your russian player billy (not going to attempt to spell his name)

Will always be my favourite player as long as he's at United. He's got the talent to be one of the best and he's at a club that can make him that.

Thats not a fair comparison though, you cant just judge on goals and assists, performance generally would be better, just because pienaar doesnt score/assist a ton doesnt mean anything.
nani's general peformance has been excellent, suprisingly so if im honest, his passing has been very accrurate he gets in on goal, covers a lot of ground, his link up play with dimi has been very good, he puts in the tackles, attempted17 tackles vs stoke, attempting to win the ball deep in our own half

Probably been Man United best player this season. Wouldn't consider him in the world elite just yet but if he manages to maintain this level of form for the majority of the season. He'll make it.

nani's general peformance has been excellent, suprisingly so if im honest, his passing has been very accrurate he gets in on goal, covers a lot of ground, his link up play with dimi has been very good, he puts in the tackles, attempted17 tackles vs stoke, attempting to win the ball deep in our own half

Yeah, tracking back into his own was never one of his strong points but recently he has really impressed me with his effort in doing that.

To be honest, for him to say "he thinks he's playing close to his full potential" is a bad sign for Man Utd fans. Before this I would have said he could be world class but now, I'm not so sure. He's definetely not one of the world's best right now.

anybody remember a player named Cristiano Ronaldo? At the start of 2006/07 season Ronaldo had three seasons at United under his belt (same as Nani now) during those three seasons there were glimpses of what he was capable of (just like Nani has had) but he was criticised for not performing consistently (like Nani) criticised for lack of end product (like Nani) and was seen as a bit of a diver (yep, just like Nani)

Then at the start of 06/07 Ronaldo started to perform consistently, score goals, create goals (like Nani has done at the start of this season) if somebody had said in October/November 06 that Ronaldo was world class there would have been similar response to what people have given in this thread about Nani - he doesn't do it in the big games - he doesn't do it often enough - he not world class... Ronaldo ended the season double player of the year and was only beaten to world player of the year in 07 thanks to Kaka merking United in the UCL semis...

I'm not suggesting Nani will reach the same heights as Ronaldo did that season or since but he's been Man United best player by far this season and you can see him growing with confidence with every game. He's been playing this way since he tore Clichy a new one at the Emirates last season which went largely unnoticed due to Rooney's goals.... It is time for him to deliver and so far he is

Last edited:
To be honest, for him to say "he thinks he's playing close to his full potential" is a bad sign for Man Utd fans. Before this I would have said he could be world class but now, I'm not so sure. He's definetely not one of the world's best right now.
as long as SAF is sitting over his shoulder, he wont be resting on his laurels

just need anderson to follow nani's path and actually play to the best of his ability

Back