Hey guys, I am going to buy him tonight for my Manchester United team but I dont really play a poacher role, do you think I would be able to train him as a DLF and would he still be as effective if I was to do this. Maybe getting RVP to tutor him.

I paid for him for 1.5m in compensation. He's one of best young poacher. Train then Zhim heavy at poacher role, but now in finishing, then probably pace next. I use him all attack, no closing, so he will not be tired.

If you need a DLF, buy someone else, like fierro, maupay is really a poacher, his passing is not good, and creativity average. And you'll just waste how good a poacher he can be.

This guy is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. 15 years old and he's scored 5 goals (one against Porto!) and set up 1 in just 4 pre-season games. Absolute diamond of a player for just £1.3m.

View attachment 360396 Been working him hard, training him on a heavy workload to be a poacher!! Currently being Tutored By Falcao and keeping the big Columbian out of the team!! How good can he be?

This is him on loan at Sunderland in my Spurs game at the moment!

I think my main mission is going to make him into the best striker in the world! and see how good I can get his stats up to!

This is him on loan at Sunderland in my Spurs game at the moment!

I think my main mission is going to make him into the best striker in the world! and see how good I can get his stats up to!
I've never been one to rush players into my Senior squad, I avoided it when possible in the first season, he made 10 First team appearances mainly in cups, this season I planned to have him around the firsts, working closely with Falcao but I just cant lave him out, he doesn't stop scoring at the moment. Do you think youth players are better going out where they will play 90 minutes every week? Or is it good to develop them around the squad they will be part of?

I've never been one to rush players into my Senior squad, I avoided it when possible in the first season, he made 10 First team appearances mainly in cups, this season I planned to have him around the firsts, working closely with Falcao but I just cant lave him out, he doesn't stop scoring at the moment. Do you think youth players are better going out where they will play 90 minutes every week? Or is it good to develop them around the squad they will be part of?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...mplete-how-train-tutor-my-players-thread.html

Neil Maupay was great for me since the start of the game. He was a 5 star, last season(my 4th season, his PA down to 4.5 star, but still CA was 2 star.), he was 2nd to falcao in league scoring. Won Youth player of the month awards, and even player of the month once. He was great, i was hoping he will be better this season.

He was beast in the start of the season, scoring 7 out of 8 games. Then i play my regen Poacher "Jimmy McMahon" against a Home match against Derby, easy game so i opted to use him, his 1st ever league game, he scored a hat trick!. The next game was a capital one game, also an easy game , so i use Jimmy again. He scored twice, almost has a hat trick, just cleared off the line, twice!..All in 1st half, i substituted maupay for him as Jimmy was Knock by someone, making his stamina down to 60ish...

Maupay then, started to miss CCC, one on ones. He was just awful, though he provided an assist.. Then i check the stats of Maupay, still great, He was still at 2 star CA, and his PA down to 3.5. I was shocked, i trained him really well, but i noticed his stats isnt rising up anymore. Then after 2 games, he was injured, kept him out for 2 weeks. After the injury his PA was down to 3. All my coaches report was that.

In those absents, jimmy was my 1st choice poacher (i play 2 upfront, a DLF).. Jimmy, scored a hattrick again in a game, then recently, in my Champion League Home Game against PSG( PSG is monster in my save)..Maupay was match fit, maupay start the game, but failed again at putting those chances away, caught offside 4 times in 1st half.. Then i substituted jimmy for maupay, the score was 1-1, jimmy scored the winner and then score another one to win 3-1.. He was just awesome.

Now im torn about, Maupay, should i sell him? I really dont want to rotate my poacher, should i loan him? and if i sell him, should i have a buy back?... McMahon is really doing great, a 3 star CA, with 5 star PA. I have another poacher regen that i would use as a back up (2.5 CA star, 4.5 PA star).

This is maupay

Maupay's PPM:

Channels
places shot
One-Twos ( im playing slow possesion game)
Offside
Tries 1st time shot
Lob Keeper(Though he rarely lobs really)

This is McMahon

McMahon's PPM:

Shoot With Power
Offside
Round Keeper
One-Twos ( Training Him)

Attributes COMPARISON

Maupay is better mentaly, but jimmy more technical(except for flair, do poacher need flair?)

I need opinions, i love Maupay, but i think he cant give me the boost i needed anymore, is there a "Mileage" system in this game, was maupay being drained out as being a 1st choice for the 1st 4 seasons of his young career?.. Mcmahon still has 2 stars to fill, while Maupay has one.

Also, is Tries 1st time shot and Move into channels PPM is good for a poacher? or a slow possesion game?

Thanks, Cheers Mate. Going to wash laundry while waiting for opinions.

PS: last season i was 2nd place, now im 4th 11 games in( all other team has 12 games, if i won the next game, i'll be 1st again).. i planned to compete for Champion league position again this year, even take the title, champions league now is not reachable now i think. Got Whooped by PSG and Roma.

do you guys use any transfer update changes?Cuz when i start new save or on my previus ones that guy has only PA of 150 and seem not te be good as any of my regens

Neil Maupay was great for me since the start of the game. He was a 5 star, last season(my 4th season, his PA down to 4.5 star, but still CA was 2 star.), he was 2nd to falcao in league scoring. Won Youth player of the month awards, and even player of the month once. He was great, i was hoping he will be better this season.

He was beast in the start of the season, scoring 7 out of 8 games. Then i play my regen Poacher "Jimmy McMahon" against a Home match against Derby, easy game so i opted to use him, his 1st ever league game, he scored a hat trick!. The next game was a capital one game, also an easy game , so i use Jimmy again. He scored twice, almost has a hat trick, just cleared off the line, twice!..All in 1st half, i substituted maupay for him as Jimmy was Knock by someone, making his stamina down to 60ish...

Maupay then, started to miss CCC, one on ones. He was just awful, though he provided an assist.. Then i check the stats of Maupay, still great, He was still at 2 star CA, and his PA down to 3.5. I was shocked, i trained him really well, but i noticed his stats isnt rising up anymore. Then after 2 games, he was injured, kept him out for 2 weeks. After the injury his PA was down to 3. All my coaches report was that.

In those absents, jimmy was my 1st choice poacher (i play 2 upfront, a DLF).. Jimmy, scored a hattrick again in a game, then recently, in my Champion League Home Game against PSG( PSG is monster in my save)..Maupay was match fit, maupay start the game, but failed again at putting those chances away, caught offside 4 times in 1st half.. Then i substituted jimmy for maupay, the score was 1-1, jimmy scored the winner and then score another one to win 3-1.. He was just awesome.

Now im torn about, Maupay, should i sell him? I really dont want to rotate my poacher, should i loan him? and if i sell him, should i have a buy back?... McMahon is really doing great, a 3 star CA, with 5 star PA. I have another poacher regen that i would use as a back up (2.5 CA star, 4.5 PA star).

This is maupay

Maupay's PPM:

Channels
places shot
One-Twos ( im playing slow possesion game)
Offside
Tries 1st time shot
Lob Keeper(Though he rarely lobs really)

This is McMahon

McMahon's PPM:

Shoot With Power
Offside
Round Keeper
One-Twos ( Training Him)

Attributes COMPARISON

Maupay is better mentaly, but jimmy more technical(except for flair, do poacher need flair?)

I need opinions, i love Maupay, but i think he cant give me the boost i needed anymore, is there a "Mileage" system in this game, was maupay being drained out as being a 1st choice for the 1st 4 seasons of his young career?.. Mcmahon still has 2 stars to fill, while Maupay has one.

Also, is Tries 1st time shot and Move into channels PPM is good for a poacher? or a slow possesion game?

Thanks, Cheers Mate. Going to wash laundry while waiting for opinions.

PS: last season i was 2nd place, now im 4th 11 games in( all other team has 12 games, if i won the next game, i'll be 1st again).. i planned to compete for Champion league position again this year, even take the title, champions league now is not reachable now i think. Got Whooped by PSG and Roma.

Your regen is way better imo and can improve even more.

How do you guys develop Maupay? I am playing with Southampton and I have bought Sidibe from Sunderland with the sole purpose to tutor Maupay and get his mental attributes up to as near 20 as possible (Determination, Work Rate, Teamwork). I currently play him against the weaker sides of the premier league and sometimes Bring him on with 20mins to spare when/if Jay Rodriguez gets tired.

His Training schedule is "Complete Forward - Heavy" because I wanted him to round his attributes off so that he isn't noticeably weak in for example heading. But would it be best to assign his training to a particular attribute/poacher role as this is what he
plays as in my team, I'm only in Nov 2012, here he is...
View attachment 377211

How do you guys develop Maupay? I am playing with Southampton and I have bought Sidibe from Sunderland with the sole purpose to tutor Maupay and get his mental attributes up to as near 20 as possible (Determination, Work Rate, Teamwork). I currently play him against the weaker sides of the premier league and sometimes Bring him on with 20mins to spare when/if Jay Rodriguez gets tired.

His Training schedule is "Complete Forward - Heavy" because I wanted him to round his attributes off so that he isn't noticeably weak in for example heading. But would it be best to assign his training to a particular attribute/poacher role as this is what he
plays as in my team, I'm only in Nov 2012, here he is...
View attachment 377211

Put him on poacher on heavy and **** turn awesome!

@Minergy Ok ok, will do, I'll see how he turns out in the next few months from this haha