NEW CHELSEA

rgpsupernova

Reaction score
NEW CHELSEA

JUNE 10TH

4 trophies the season before, 3 clubs chasing his signature,2 glowing references and 1 monster contract, none of which could save Andre Villas Boas from Roman Abramovich`s latest press of the SW6 panic button.

More managers than league titles, more expensive contract settlements than most teams annual wage bill, this stops now demanded the wealthy Russian oligarch during crisis talks at the clubs West London offices.

Reports Abramovich has dismissed those responsible for recommending AVB have been confirmed as have murmurings that Roman is personally hand picking the new manager..... more to follow

JUNE 12TH
View attachment 232052
-------BREAKING NEWS CHELSEA APPOINT FORMER ENGLAND PLAYER RICHARD FLETCHER (37yrs) AS NEW MANAGER ON 2 YEAR DEAL-----

----------FLETCHER WILL BE THE FIRST BRITISH MANAGER OF THE ABRAMOVICH ERA-------

VIA:chelseafc.comView attachment 232033

Chelsea football club are pleased to announce that former England international RICHARD FLETCHER has agreed to become the clubs new manager.Having received 40 caps for his country before injury ended his career Mr Fletcher has recently worked both home and abroad specializing in youth development coaching, This includes spells at LA MASIA the renowned Barcelona academy and he enjoyed a very success full stint as youth team manager with Udinese in Italy.The appointment is with immediate effect, join chelseafc.com tomorrow for a live managers press conference.

EXTRACT FROM SKY SPORTS NEWS -

Former mangers and players as well as Chelsea fans have been having there say about the surprise appointment of Richard Fletcher, the general view is shock that Chelsea are going down the young manager route again after the previous regime failed to yeald success.

37 year old Fletcher will face the almost annual grilling of the new Chelsea manager from the press tomorrow.

Last edited:
NEW CHELSEA

JUNE 13TH

Time = 14:00hrs
location = Stamford Bridge,London
Event = New manager presentation

View attachment 232044 View attachment 232045 View attachment 232046 View attachment 232047

Chelsea Football club would like to welcome new manager Richard Fletcher, further to press rumors this appointment is as PERMANENT MANAGER on a 2 year deal with a view to extend after a successful first 12 months.

Mr Fletcher is happy to answer your questions but will not as stated in your press pack answer anything regarding former club employees or future transfer targets on an individual basis.

THE MIRROR - "Richard you sit here today as the new boss of Chelsea, tell us how does it feel??"

R.FLETCHER - "It`s fantastic, the facilities are first class and I cant wait to get started"

THE MIRROR - "The fact is you are the latest of a growing list of Chelsea managers, what if anything can you do to make sure you down fail were so many have before???"

R.FLETCHER - "Wow your already trying to get me sacked" LAUGHS "Myself and the board have had good discussions and have drawn up a clear and achievable plan of action, the logic is for a long and successful tenure under my management which will involve a complete revamp of this club from top to bottom"

THE MIRROR - "So what is the remit for this coming season?"

R.FLETCHER - "Champions league qualification is a must for a club of this stature, a cup trophy will kick start this project as winning breeds a winning mentality, and we will fly the blue flag high in Europe. This club has won 25 trophies so far, by the time IM finished it will be 50!"

sky sports - "Richard congrats on the new job, What do you say to people who claim your to inexperienced for a club like Chelsea, just live the previous manager??"

R.FLETCHER -"My Record and experience with young players and networking is what attracted the board, There are tough decisions to be made and we plan to remove the `old guard` of players and go forward with a younger spine of player, Mr Abramovich trusts me as the man to decide who goes and who stays and to use my contacts to both attract and move on players. THE revolution starts here!

SKY SPORTS - "Thats quite a statement, can you say whose in your plans and who isn't??"

R.FLETCHER - "Not today sorry, watch this space, All I will add is the current wage bill of around £1,800,000 per week must and will be slashed"

TALK SPORT - "Any news about staff?"

R.FLETCHER - "Yes we've let a few of the AVB reign go, Eddie Newton was unwilling to change roles and become a coach so Jim Fraser has been promoted as my assistant, I like his motivational skills and want to bring an English spine to the backroom staff, Brian Eastwick will join as a coach this week"

Last edited:
NEW CHELSEA

JUNE 15TH

VIA:chelseafc.com View attachment 232060
Fletcher:COMPARING THE MARKET

The official website spoke exclusively with our new manager RICHARD FLETCHER today at the clubs Cobham training ground

CFC - "With the transfer window in full swing can we expect to see many new faces arriving soon?"

R.FLETCHER -"Thats the plan, We have targets in mind but my plan is to sell before we buy, Sure clubs will know we have money to spend but thats been the case at Chelsea for many years now, we wont be held to ransom and will walk away from any deal that aint right for the club"

CFC - "Theres been lots of talk of a massive clear out, is that the case??, and now you have spoken with and trained the players could that change your plans?"

R.FLETCHER - "Look I will be frank, this is an ageing team, the wage budget is sky high, In the next few weeks players will be moved on, a MASSIVE CLEAR OUT?? well we expect to see 8-10 high profile names leave yes. The new philosophy is to lower age and wages and that means IM afraid some very talented Chelsea heroes will be leaving us, fans need to prepare for their departures but rest assured in the long run it will work out, trust me."

-------CLUB SOURCE : 10 COULD GO AT CHELSEA-------

View attachment 232059

Sky sources understand as many as 10 players could be leaving Chelsea football club in the current transfer window, big names such as CECH,DROGBA, ASHLEY COLE AND BOSINGWA have been offered to other teams as part of new manager Richard Fletcher`s plans to re-invent the blues, further to this we understand that Captain JOHN TERRY and vice captain FRANK LAMPARD who in the past have been seen as part of the furniture at the club are also not immune from Fletcher`s axe and could also be heading elsewhere,,,, more as it comes

JUNE 16TH

HERE IS A ROUND-UP OF THE LATEST NEWSPAPER HEADLINES

THE MIRROR : FLETCHER, "IT`S TRUE" Chelsea boss confirms rumors big guns for sale,
R.FLETCHER - "We are looking to build the new team around Mata,Ramires and Sturridge, the old guard are available for transfer"

JUAN MATA#10 @ TWITTER View attachment 232058 : Big changes at our club, the boss has a plan and we need to get behind him

TALK SPORT - CUNDY, "TORRES IS FLETCHER`S NUMBER 9" Ex player says el nino will be managers big name star and remain at club

DAILY EXPRESS - BRIDGE OF BYES- Ferrera,Hilaro Malouda latest 3 to be told "pack your bags"

LONDON EVENING STANDARD - DROGBA- "I WELCOME PSG BID", Striker not in first team plans under new boss

Last edited:
Good start mate sounds interesting. Terru is impossible to get rid of though, good luck with that one ;)

NEW CHELSEA

JUNE 24TH

FRIDAY PRESS CONFERENCE View attachment 232106

CLUB EXEC: GOOD AFTERNOON AND WELCOME TO CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB, Today manager Richard Fletcher will be answering your questions, prior to this Chelsea football club can confirm that Didier Drogba has left the club and joined PSG Due to the nature of his departure no further comment shall be made and this matter is off limits.

The Mirror - "Richard your a bit light up top, plans for a new striker??"

R.FLETCHER - "Afternoon,not yet, we still have players in need of pastures new, Malouda, Cole and Lampard will be gone by the weekend"

THE MIRROR -"I think the football world is in shock from your last statement, surely no team can lose 3 current international players, where are they heading?"

R.FLETCHER - "Flo will be starting a new adventure in Spain, Frank and Ashley have agreed to join Roberto Mancini`s Manchester City as of this evening, CAN I jut add Didier was most un-professional in his departure as one of your colleagues reported"

TALK SPORT - "ARE YOU KEEPING ANY PLAYERS???" HE JOKES

R.FLETCHER - "Obviously its a shock but as stated before times are changing"

JUNE 25TH

------LAMPARD & COLE JOIN MAN CITY------
SKY CONFIRMS ENGLISH DUO HEAD NORTH TO ETIHAD FOR £8M & £12M RESPECTIVELY, Chelsea refuse to comment amid fans protest

JUNE 28TH

VIA:chelseafc.comView attachment 232119
GOODBYE: PETR CECH
Chelsea FC today confirms the departure of long standing goal-keeper Petr Cech who has joined AC.MILAN, A fans favorite and title winner, Chelsea FC Wishes Petr all the best. The move was expected after manager Richard Fletcher re-called Belgian Tibault Courtious form on loan at ATHLETICO MADRID and described the youngster as the clubs keeper for a generation.

MANAGER THOUGHTS: KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON
In the week 2 CFC legends headed north, manager Richard Fletcher was keen to assure fans its best to trust his radical stance regarding transfers.

View attachment 232118TALK SPORT REPORT - NICO "FLETCHER IS STRUGGLING TO MOVE ON PLAYERS"
Former Chelsea striker Anelka has told pals that his previous clubs new boss cant complete his revolution,

"" he may be over 2000 miles away but Nicolas Anelka is still haunting his former club, IN Shanghai Sports the number 39 tells how Fletcher had to reluctantly accept an installment plan for keeper Petr Cech and sell Frank Lampard and Ashley cole at significantly reduced prices just to complete the transfers, the board of directors who initially were impressed at how Fletcher over saw the departures of Hilario, Malouda and Ferrera without much fuss are reportedly frustrated with the managers lack of success in moving on high profile players ""

"" FURTHER TO THIS IT IS REPORTED JOHN TERRY IS THE LATEST CHELSEA PLAYER TO HAVE FALLEN OUT WITH FLETCHER, REPORTS ARE THE MANAGER SEES TERRY AS HIS BIGGEST CHALLENGE TO CLEAR FROM HIS SQUAD LIST AND THE PAIR ARE BARELY SPEAKING ""

View attachment 232132 View attachment 232133

Last edited:
NEW CHELSEA

View attachment 232153 View attachment 232154@JT26FOREVERBLUE

"ONLY WAY CAN GET MY POINT ACROSS, FLETCHER HAS PLACED ME IN RESERVES COSI TOLD IM I AINT GOIN NO-WERE GEZZA, ONE CLUB MAN ME #CLUELESSGAFFER"

-----JOHN TERRY STRIPPED OF CHELSEA CAPTAINCY----

View attachment 232155
SKY SPORTS today can confirm John terry has been removed as Chelsea captain and placed in the reserves, speaking earlier Chelsea manager Richard Fletcher pulled no punches -

"Im flattered John joined Twitter just for my benefit, this is a clear and utter breach of club policy and he is FINISHED at our club
"

SKY SPORTS understands Fletcher has asked the board to consider releasing the player on a free but with 3 years left his contract would cost upwards of £27 Million pounds, Terrys reluctance to leave his boyhood club is seen by many as a monumental challenge to Richard Fletcher and he is said to be welcoming advise as to how to rid Terry from his sights????​

Last edited:
NEW CHELSEA

JUNE 29TH

A LOOK AT THE LATEST NEWSPAPER HEADLINES

THE MIRROR : "IT`S NOT TERRYS, ITS MINE!" Chelsea boss says former skipper can spend 3 seasons in the reserves

SUN SPORT : "TATTS MY BOY" Fletcher targets Naples midfield wizard Marek Hamsik in reported £25Million deal

Thechels.net : "BLUE REVOLUTION" Supporters website offers support for under pressure bosses faith in youth

LONDON EVENING STANDARD : "NO-MAR" Brazilian wonderkid priced out of Chelsea move

-----CHELSEA EXEC TAKES ITALIAN FLIGHT-----

View attachment 232310

View attachment 232311

SKY sources can confirm reports a Chelsea delegation left Heathrow airport this morning bound for LINATE airport in Milan, Italy. The party is expected to catch a connecting flight to Napoli in southern Italy with the signature of Marek Hamsik top of the priority list.... more as we get it

JULY 1ST

VIA:chelseafc.comView attachment 232309
Breaking News: New signing tomorrow
Chelsea football club are pleased to announce the club shall be un-veilling the first signing of Richard Fletchers reign tomorrow @ stamford bridge, you can watch live online or from 6pm on Chelsea t.v

Pat Nevin: Early days
Ex player and columnist Pat Nevin sums up a busy few weeks for his former club

David Luiz: signing in the megastore next week!!
your chance to meet the cult icon

JULY 2ND

WEBSITE MEETS NEW SIGNING TODAY

VIA:chelseafc.comView attachment 232309

Welcome to a very special day here at Stamford bridge, The official website is pleased to present manager Richard Fletcher and new signing SIME VRSALJKO from Dynamo Zagreb.

R.FLETCHER : It is with great satisfaction I welcome Sime to the Chelsea family, Coming from Zadar in Croatia his English is still not great but he has asked me to express his delight at joining a massive club like ours and his excitement for the city of London.

From day 1 he was my top target and I truly believe we have signed at 19 a star of not only the future but of the present day, a big well done to the club for winning the race for Sime`s signature as he was wanted by a host of clubs, and at £1.1million pounds only it represents fantastic value.

Finally I would like to assure supporters this is the first of 4-5 summer signings before Augusts kick off.

View attachment 232316View attachment 232317View attachment 232310

Last edited:
NEW CHELSEA

3 JULY

Personal Memo:From Jim Fraser (ASISTANT MANAGER)

"Gaffer, following this mornings training session I am pleased to report the players seems to be getting use to the 4-1-2-3 formation we are trying to impleiment. The high Line was proving tricky but David Luizs pace suits it nicely and T.C in goal is playing as a sweeper keeper.Hopefully the players fitness will be ok due to the high pressing tactic and little time wasting. Finally attached is a list of this months pre-season friendly`s - "

7TH - Vitesse: AWAY
12TH-HSV: HOME
20TH-BENFICA: HOME
25TH-VELEZ: AWAY
06TH-BANFIELD: AWAY

Personal Memo:Lucas California (AGENT)

View attachment 232388"Hi guys @Chelsea Soccer team, Wanted to inform you about The Galaxy striker Landon Donovan`s talent and availability, Lan is a fab player who neva stops running and has a great scoring record, in fact he recently became our MLS all time high goal scorer, you have the digits, call me"

4th July

-----CHELSEA SET TO SIGN MAREK HAMSIK FROM NAPOLI----

View attachment 232385

Chelsea football club have called a press conference where they are expected to announce the signing of Marek Hamsik from Napoli....

time:1500hrs
View attachment 232392
View attachment 232393CHELSEA OFFICIAL SPOKES PERSON - Hello and welcome to the Spackman suite here at the bridge, in a moment manager Richard Fletcher will be taking your questions but firstly Chelsea football club our pleased to announce our second signing of the summer - KWADWO ASAMOAH from Udinese!

SKY SPORTS - "Richard we arrived here expecting to see the boy Hamsik from Napoli, instead you have signed Asamoah, have we missed something here?"

R.FLETCHER -"Thanks Gary, not at all, Kwadwo was our target and the Media just got it wrong, Marek is a fine player but we wanted a more typical DM with more bite in the tackle, last weeks trip to Italy was to finalize this deal and we also picked up Manu BADU from Udinese at the same time, hes only 20 and looks a star in the making"

SKY SPORTS - "So you have 2 new midfielders, how much are we talking regards to transfer fees for the 2???"

R.FLETCHER -"£13Mill for Kwadwo and £4.5Millions for Manu, The board are very pleased"

TALK SPORT - "Afternoon, take it you had these 2 in mind from your time in Udine??"

R.FLETCHER - "YES, There both on my personal shortlist, last questions please"

TALK SPORT -"With your 3 strikers formation surely we can expect Chels to swoop for a replacment for Didier ASAP?"

R.FLETCHER - "There will be no-more strikers coming in, We look set with Mata and Studge out wide and Nando throught the middle,plus we already have Lukaku and Salomon, Nat Chalobah has been promoted to the first squad and I can maybe only see 1 more signing, you will get a full squad list emailed by the end of the month."

Last edited:
NEW CHELSEA

6 JULY

VIA:chelseafc.comView attachment 232405
New faces train:Our new boys train for the first time
Summer signings Sime Vrsaljko and Emmanuel Badu joined in in full training in Holland this morning and are both available for tomorows friendly against our feeder club Vitesse. Fellow new boy Asamoah is expected to join up with the squad later this week.

Manager:New captain
Richard Fletcher today told the official website that a new captain and vice captain will be announced on the day of the first league fixture.

View attachment 232406
Givemefootball.com - PRE SEASON BUILD UP
Team report:CHELSEA,PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 232407View attachment 233841View attachment 233842View attachment 233843

Chelsea have been one of the most talked about teams this summer, Richard Fletcher a 37year old with minimal experience has been tasked with a mini revolution at the pensioners. Fletchers tactics appear similar to sacked former coach Andre Villas-Boas, however Fletcher is hoping that by having sold the old guard of players whom AVB failed to get onside and motivate, he will energize a NEW CHELSEA. The following have made a swift exit from West London :

D.DROGBA
F.LAMPARD JR
F.MALOUDA
A.COLE
J.BOSWINGA
H.HILARIO
P.FEREIRA
PCECH

With former captain John Terry placed in the reserves and told he will never play under Fletcher again,.

Fletcher has brung in 3 signings of his own, as well as promoting youngsters Lukaku,Piazon and Chalobah into the senior squad, The tactician says he likes to work with a squad of about 20 players and with Courtous recalled from loan to replace Peter Cech the squad is fast approaching that number.

Givemefootball.com summary : The revolution is long overdue at Chelsea, However with so much talent leaving in such a short space Fletcher`s boys face an uphill challenge, The title and elusive champions League surely are beyond them this season but with the long term backing from Owner Roman Abramovich, and Fletchers eye for young talent the future might just look bright, If Abramovich keeps his nerve that is!

View attachment 232411

7TH JULY

Via:cheseafc.com
View attachment 232405
Matchday live:V
itesse V Chelsea 14:00pm
Pre-season truly begins today as the blues play there first match under manger Richard Fletchers leadership. Our opponents are well known to Chelsea fans as we continue our relationship with the dutch feeder club. As for Vitesse they are currently in the Dutch top division and have 5 youngsters on loan from Chelsea

Managers pre-game interview:Hit the ground running
Richard Fletcher has told the official website he want his team to win his first game in charge, It may only be a friendly but the winning mentality starts here he told us, Also Fletcher has spoke of his desire for a clean sheet.

Team News:Courtois makes his first start, Ivanovic is temp captain
Courtois,Ivanovic,Cahill,Luiz,Bertrand,Mikel,Ramires,Meireles,Mata,Sturridge,Torres

View attachment 232418

View attachment 232417@juanmata10 "Friendly matches today, Fernando has been playing a very high level and looks sharp, Me and Dani out wide working well, COME ON CHELSEA!!" peace

Last edited:
I think you could come to regret selling some of those players

NEW CHELSEA

View attachment 232419SCORE CENTRE
VITESSE 2 CHELSEA 0
7/7/11
FRIENDLY

New Chelsea manager Richard Fletcher was left frustrated today as his Chelsea squad were beaten by Vitesse, The match turned as early as the 5th minute when stand in captain Ivanovic was shown a straight red card. Sime Vrsaljko replaced Dan Sturridge minutes later as cover.

10 men Chelsea matched there opponents until the stroke of half time when a free kick gave the hosts the lead. The young heads of the blues dropped and Vitesse doubled there advantage 1 minute later to send the blues in at half time 2 behind.

Fletcher replaced meireles with Paizon at the brake and went for a 4-1-1-3 formation in an attempt to rescue the game.

The second period was typical of a friendly match with lots of tired legs on display, again a young Chelsea side matched the hosts but neither keeper was rarely troubled and it ended 2-0.
VIA:chelseafc.comView attachment 232420
Managers post game interview:Richard Fletcher was upbeat despite his teams defeat

CFC -"Richard you said pre match you wanted a win and ideally a clean sheet, despite playing probably our strongest team we got neither, initial thoughts??"

R.FLETCHER - "A win would have been nice but in that heat with 10 men it was a very difficult game, They are about 2 weeks ahead of us condition wise and have played 3 games already, but we battled hard and can take some positives from this match for sure"

CFC - "Brana was shown a red card virtually straight from the kick off, that couldnt have helped your plans"

R.FLETCHER- "NO, Red cards in friendlys shouldnt happen, I shoulder some of the blame for asking him to press the opposition so much, I must add that in general the teams response was good and we battled hard out there"

CFC - "HSV in 5 days, surely have to get some momentum from that game now?"

R.FLETCHER - "It cant come soon enough, were off back home now, determined to improve, thanks"

Last edited:
NEW CHELSEA

JULY 9TH

MEMO FROM JIM FRASER (ASSISTANT)
"Hi gaffer, chin up from Saturdays result, theres a long long road ahead!!The boys had a bleep test and weights session today and everyone seems in good shape for The HSV game, Brana and Raul should be fit for 90mins as they only played small cameo roles against Vitesse. Further to what you said afterwards, I would stick with Rambo in the attacking play maker role, sure he suits the bob-box style better but he is still young and will adjust IM sure"

MEMO TO JIM FRASER FROM RICHARD FLETCHER
"Thanks Jimmy, yes lets keep spirits up, IM sticking with this shape for the next 2-3 games at least, but will ask the team to slow the tempo down to try and retain possession for longer, and have dropped the high line back 2 notches, Personnel wise I noticed were a bit short of cover for Ryan at left back, any players you can think of for cover that might be available?? besides that am happy with the squad, its very young but if we start the season well I think were be ok"

12 JULY

Via:chelseafc.com
View attachment 232432Matchday live:Chelsea V HSV 13:00pm
Chelsea welcome the German visitors to London for our second game of pre season

Managers pre-game interview:boss wants goals
Manager Richard Fletcher has told us he want the blues to end the pre-season goal drought today!

Team news:Fernando Torres continues as the loan striker
Courtois,Ivanovic,Cahill,Luiz,Bertrand,Mikel,Ramires,Meireles,Mata,Sturridge,Torres

Last edited:
Very different but very good. Looking forward to seeing how the season ends up and where JT ends up.

NEW CHELSEA

View attachment 232435SCORE CENTRE
CHELSEA 4 HSV 1
12/7/11
FRIENDLY

Normal service was resumed this afternoon in front of the Stamford Bridge faith full, Chelsea were in front after only 14 minutes when winger Juan Mata met a Ramires pass before slotting a shot under the keep, the hosts then controlled possession for large spells and generally looked comfortable, if not really testing the opposition keep much in the first half.

Richard Fletcher made 3 changes for the second half, Youngsters Romeu and Badu replaced Mikel and Mereiles in the centre of the park and didnt look out of place, Nathanial Chalobah replaced Cahill and showed good covering pace.

It wasnt until 75 minutes when HSV`s Besic was sent off for a foul on the dangerous Mata that the game came alive, Fletcher insisted out of form Fernando Torres take the resulting spot kick and the Spaniard who had been quiet calmly made it 2-nil to Chelsea.

Late goals from Sturridge 84th min and Ivanovic 86th added the gloss for Chelsea but they lost a first clean sheet for young Belgian keeper Tibault Courtois in stoppage time when Marcus berg pulled one back for HSV.

Via:chelseafc.com
View attachment 232451
Managers post game interview:Richard Fletcher was pleased with what he saw today

CFC- "Well you said a victory was important and your side dully delivered"

R.FLETCHER -"Yes, me and Jim Fraser were very pleased with the players today, it was a great effort, also 35,000 fans at the bridge for a friendly was a great turn out so well done to everyone who cheered on the boys today, it makes such a difference"

CFC - "Much has been said about Fernando and his lack of goals since joining us, why did you want him to take the penalty today and good decision by the way"

R.FLETCHER - "Thank you, Fernando is a talent, he can play as a complete forward or like recently in the poacher role, The goals haven't been coming recently but today can be the end of the famine and the start of the feast for him, it was obvious the lift finding the net gave him in the last 15-20 minutes."

CFC- "Nat Chalobah looked at home out there, your thoughts on his run out?"

R.FLETCHER - "He was quality, the supporters were excited to see a product of our fantastic youth system out there, I am tipping Nat for the England squad for the next world cup"

Back