New Mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Editor

Reaction score
Sean made a great choice in picking Max & Frankie, they're very active and favorites on the Forum but who is cmh9090?!?! He just has a few sticky links on his sig and just says "use the threads in my signature in future. cheers..." I mean any1 can do that :S
Also who is missbecky? Only 200 posts but a mod, a relative on Sean?

Sean made a great choice in picking Max & Frankie, they're very active and favorites on the Forum but who is cmh9090?!?! He just has a few sticky links on his sig and just says "use the threads in my signature in future. cheers..." I mean any1 can do that :S

First off, it's not much to do with you who becomes Mod.

Secondly, cmh9090 and Jake are the other two mods. Both very active members at different times who bring something to the forum. No ****** threads no spam posts and generally point people in the right direction.

missbecky is Sean's ladyfriend and is a mod of the general chat section, probably because she won't put up with people posting shiz in there and will keep that area nice and tidy - [sexism] like a good woman (K) lul [/sexism].

Being a moderator has nothing to do with the amount of posts you have. I have less than other people who aren't mods - should I be demoted?

..and like O-M-G she deleted threads that were old and already closed, l2mod, can tell she slept her way to the position

All of the newly appointed moderators of the FM Section (Jake, cmh9090, Frankie, Max) have done very well. Just because you don't see them active it doesn't mean they aren't doing their job.

Just because she has 200 posts it doesn't mean she can't be a moderator. She is someone I can trust not to do anything stupid with their power and will keep the General Section clear from spam and useless threads.

This is just a thinly veiled 'Why didn't you choose me as a mod' thead.

sean has the right to pick any one he wants as mods and so far i think sean done a very good job on fm base and we should trust in his decision if its his girl freind or not its up to him who he feels is the right person for bein a mod my only problem is when the new pacth out lol but so far you should trust in who hes picked

regarding my sig, it was actually a suggestion made by my mate, when he saw me directing one day and told me that it would be a little more convenient rather than searching and then keying the link and i thought it was a pretty good idea.

secondly, im relatively new as a mod and therefore, i still have a lot too learn, along with controlling my temperament (was pretty aggressive in the past) and think twice before i do anything foolish.

lastly, my apologies if the sig seems inappropriate and tbh, i wont really mind changing it. :)

your sig is fine cmh. it points newbies in the right direction. well done for that, good moderator skills

Sometimes I think people take Freedom of Speech to far. Just because they think they have the right to speak their mind, they think that automatically gives them the right to dictate to others, even if it is not their right. Sean can use who ever he want, and their is not a **** thing you can do about it. He did not even had to advertise the position, but he did. And you know what? I think he made a **** fine choice.
Oh and one last thing, do you think a person's capabilities is directly link to the amount of posts that they have on this site?

Sorry Sean if this post is to stingy or if I am talking out of my place.

nope, not at all. just because you have more posts, doesn't make you more superior. Kris has more posts than Sean, but Sean founded the website and we respect him for that. We praise him more than Kris (sorry m8).

just to question the editors first post. hes been a member for just under 2 months. ive been a member since late 2008, how would he have a clue how active i am? especially considering for the past 2 weeks ive had a broken hand and thus my keyboard abilities are on a similar level to a chimp.

chm9090 is from singapore, and therefore is online when we are all sleeping, im a night owl so we are often online at the same time, he does a good job clearing up the very silly spam that gets posted at 4am.

having a high number of posts does not mean you are a 'better' or 'more respected' member than anyone else. most people who have been members for 1 year+ have thousands of posts because there was a craze a little while ago of trying to get to the top of the 'whos got the most posts' list which sean rightly removed. people were just spamming rubbish to get their post count up.

i suggest you search for zebedee, he got a few hundred posts, but he is in my opinion one of the most valuable members currently active on fm-base.

completely agree Jake. you are a great mod:wub:

someones bitter me thinks.

I have to admit i was a litle suprised with the decision made( before the jealousy stuff comes in, i didnt even apply, cause i think it is a **** job). but i think every mod has done a awesome job. Espicially Jake. i reli thought he was a but of a tool before. but some1 i reli respect now.

good choice sean.

yeah well done Sean, 4 great choices. hope they become full time

someones bitter me thinks.

I have to admit i was a litle suprised with the decision made( before the jealousy stuff comes in, i didnt even apply, cause i think it is a **** job). but i think every mod has done a awesome job. Espicially Jake. i reli thought he was a but of a tool before. but some1 i reli respect now.

good choice sean.

lol i think i know why that is.....

i remember disagreeing a few times with you in discussions about united. <)

just to confirm. all 4 of us are now full time.

and obviously becky is too, shes seans girlfriend, couldnt sack her now could he :p

most probaly mate. but as i said, i got no problem with you. all in the past

Yh I'm trying too figure out how most of the Mod's commented on it, but none closed it.. lol

Once again Sean takes all the glory :(

Also LOL on the fail of the thread.

Leaving it open for opinions that is all. Will get closed once we get a response from the OP probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.