Newcastle 4 - 4 Arsenal - The Greatest Comeback?

Danny

Premium
Reaction score
I've been having a debate with a friend (who happens to be a Newcastle fan) and he's under the impression this was the 'Best Comeback Ever' now I think that's a little stupid due to some of the other comeback's that have been played, one example is Liverpool's comeback in the Champions League Final, which many consider to be 'The Best', also after Arsenal went 4-0 up they had to play the majority of the game with 10 men.

"they were terrorised by the noise of 52,000 fired up fans and some unbelievable team spirit second half. Arsenal are the best footballing side in the country man, 4-0 up with 40 minutes to see out against a strike force as thin as ours. Howay your argument falls flat on it's face. Once in a life time stuff." - A quote from him.

I'd like to hear the views of Newcastle fans on this, and also other peoples views.

Any silly comments and arguing I will close the thread.

the liverpool comeback has greater significance because it was the champions league final, but our comeback on saturday was still special, we are the entertainers again.

I think he might have a point, i think it is the greatest turnaround i have ever seen. and i have seen mmy far share, whether it was liverpools, or Utds against Spurs.

no i it was 10 V 11 made it easier for toon

Nothing will beat Liverpool 3-0 Down in the UCL Final and comming back to winning the game on pens

I agree with your friend. It was UNBELIEVABLE to watch, god knows what Pardew said to them at half time, but its just unheard of for a team to even get near to coming back from 4-0 down.

Not the greatest ever, but quite possibly the greatest ever in the Premiership. Also Arsenal did not play the majority of the game with 10 men.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e58rdYk1rPE"]YouTube - [HQ] Tottenham 3-4 Manchester City - 2004 FA Cup[/ame]

Obv as a city fan im gonna choose this one. We had ten men and our team was pretty poor back then bar SWP, Distin, Dunne and Bosvelt

Lol that's ridiculous, Newcastle managed to comeback because Arsenal didn't turn up in the second half. Liverpool's was just magical.

no i it was 10 V 11 made it easier for toon

Nothing will beat Liverpool 3-0 Down in the UCL Final and comming back to winning the game on pens

Still to score 4 goals, in 40 minutes against Arsenal, when 4-0 down, ten men or not, that is ******* special.

Lol that's ridiculous, Newcastle managed to comeback because Arsenal didn't turn up in the second half. Liverpool's was just magical.

But on the other hand, you could say Liverpools was just AC milan having 7 minutes of Imploding. Just saying it works both ways.

the 1993 leicester comeback from 3-0 down in the playoffs to 3-3 was awesome till we lost 4-3 :(

Has to be Istanbul, game had so much significance.

Nah, Tottenham 3-4 Man City beats this, or Champs League Final 2005.

It happens against Newcastle too....
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEogJgb7sSE"]YouTube - Danny Baker's Freak Football - QPR 5 Newcastle 5[/ame]

Angola 4-4 Mali did anyone watch this? Not saying it was necessarily the best, but wow it was something special.