St James Park
52,405 (capacity)

Rivals:
Sunderland, Middlesbrough

Media prediction:
7th

View attachment 286593

Expectations:
The board and the fans will be expecting to build on last year’s fantastic 5th​ place finish. Also back in Europe, they will be expecting to make it past the group stage.

View attachment 286593

Squad: (Underlined words/names are clickable for screenshots)

Goalkeepers:

#. Tim Krul
#. Steve Harper
#. Jak Alnwick

Central Defenders:

#. Fabricio Coloccini
#. Steven Taylor
#. Mike Williamson

Fullbacks:

#. Davide Santon

#. Danny Simpson
#. Ryan Taylor
#. Shane Ferguson

Defensive Midfielder:

#. Cheick Tiote
#. Vurnon Anita
#. James Perch

Attacking midfielder:

#. Yohan Cabaye
#. Haris Vuckic
#. Dan Gosling

Wingers:

#. Hatem Ben Arfa
#. Jonas Gutierrez
#. Gabriel Obertan
#. Sylvain Marveux

Attackers:

#. Papiss Cisse
#. Demba Ba
#. Shola Ameobi
#. Nile Ranger

Promising youngsters:

#. Adam Campbell
#. Remie Streete
#. Gael Bigiramana
#. Mehdi Abeid

Newcastle has an outstanding team with a few star players in all positions. You should look to strengthen the depth of the squad in the first season. You may want to look for a new right back as the current players just don’t cut it.

View attachment 286593

Suggested Tactics:

Tactic 1 :

4-5-1

Team Instructions

This tactic works great Home and Away. I like to change my strategy depending on the situation. If you are doing counter make sure to set "play offside" to no.

Tactic 2:

4-2-3-1

Team Instructions

This tactic is not my own. It is Kofloks Goals Galore. I find this works great against the smaller teams of the league.

View attachment 286593

Suggested Transfers:

Transfers Out:
Jonas Gutierrez|£11 m| high wages & he really isn’t that good.
Mike Williamson|£5 m| He may be a decent back-up player but there is better alternatives.
Sylvain Marveaux|£8 m| the offer is just too good to turn down.
James Perch|£5 m| the utility man just is not good enough

Transfers In:
Wellington Nem|£3.5 m| Worth £9 m but has a release clause in his contract. Will be a star for years to come.
Adryan|£875 k| for such a small price this kid is a must buy in this year’s game.
Jores Okore|£1.3 m| Great young CB with bags of potential. Coloccini’s long term replacement.
Matthias Zimmermann|£4.5 m| cracking young Fullback. His stats will rise quickly the more games he gets.

View attachment 286593

Extra Notes:

• [*=center]Make sure to ask your board to enhance your youth and training facilities.
    [*=center]Try and get an extra feeder club as soon as possible and then keep getting new one every time you can
    [*=center]Offer Demba Ba a new contract or you will lose him for a measly £7 m
    [*=center]Check out some of the amazing youth players Newcastle have to offer and get them tied down to long term contracts.

View attachment 286593

I hope that the Newcastle United team guide has been useful, feel free to comment on mistakes or suggestions or even questions surrounding Newcastle. Post your success etc. in this thread as well if you like.

View attachment 286593

Howay The Lads

"I've turned down Barcelona, Inter Milan, Juventus and Manchester United to play here. I hope everyone already knows how much it means to me to play for Newcastle United."
- Alan Shearer

"They have those fans who are so emotional and fanatical, they expect to win the World Cup!" - Sir Alex Ferguson

Last edited:
Fair play thats a pretty good guide. Eill you be writeing guides about other teams in the future?

I am thinking of doing a couple of team guides Cai. Napoli should be next.

Thanks Raikan appreciate that.

Updated. Changed the layout and added a lot off stuff. (tactics, screenshots, more transfers and a few random things.)

8 mill for Marveux and 5 for Williamson ... 11 for Jonas .. No one would give me that much for them ha .. Well done

8 mill for Marveux and 5 for Williamson ... 11 for Jonas .. No one would give me that much for them ha .. Well done

You have to offer them out at the start for these prices. Fulham take Jonas and Reading take Marveaux. Cant remember who takes Williamson

I managed to get 5million for obertan

I think you can get about £7m for Obertan, though I'm not 100% sure as i kept him for cover.

Who did you guys buy with the money you received?

i bought emerson from santos as cover for santon adryan,mattheus and niang on loan

I'm Newcastle, followed this advice and lost away to S'oton 5-1... cannit believe it..

i bought emerson from santos as cover for santon adryan,mattheus and niang on loan

How is Adryan getting on? Do you use him or is he loaned out?

I'm Newcastle, followed this advice and lost away to S'oton 5-1... cannit believe it..

That sounds bad mate. What tactic did you use and what players did you buy? A few screenshot of the game would help me see where you went wrong.

Last edited:
That sounds bad mate. What tactic did you use and what players did you buy? A few screenshot of the game would help me see where you went wrong.

I'm gonna start again with it. I don't know if there gonna be a bogey team or not? I was using the 451 formation, then I signed and sold the noted players and the team was fully trained with the formation and tactics. Feel free to give me any advice on this post :) can't deal with our own team losing 5-1 away to S'oton :(

I'm gonna start again with it. I don't know if there gonna be a bogey team or not? I was using the 451 formation, then I signed and sold the noted players and the team was fully trained with the formation and tactics. Feel free to give me any advice on this post :) can't deal with our own team losing 5-1 away to S'oton :(

My bogey team seems to be stoke this year. In all away games i like to start with counter or standard strategy. Be aggressive on team talks if you are losing or drawing with "lesser" teams. Your defense should be Krul/Gk Zimmermann/RB S.Taylor/RCB Colo/LCB Santon/LB.

My bogey team seems to be stoke this year. In all away games i like to start with counter or standard strategy. Be aggressive on team talks if you are losing or drawing with "lesser" teams. Your defense should be Krul/Gk Zimmermann/RB S.Taylor/RCB Colo/LCB Santon/LB.

Thanks :) I also don't have an option to untick "Play Offside" :S

Alright, I can't seem to sell Gutierrez for £11m and the offers for Perch and Williamson are in monthly installments.

Monthly Installments are fine. Strange that you can't sell Jonas try selling for £10m. Also you don't have to buy/sell the exact same players i did look around the other leagues for players that you think will improve you team.

Monthly Installments are fine. Strange that you can't sell Jonas try selling for £10m. Also you don't have to buy/sell the exact same players i did look around the other leagues for players that you think will improve you team.

I am looking round. £11m is just to good to turn down when offered for Jonas, and I hate Williamson.