Just finished my 1st season with Newcastle! Really successful with some brilliant results throughout the competitions. Managed to finish 3rd in the league to get into Champions League next season! Finished someone off the Champions Man City who won the title. Also, managed to win the Europa League! The cups were disappointing due to me playing the reserves and youth mainly! Just looking for some advice though as to how i can turn my squad into League Contenders! Cisse, Kjaer, Cabaye and Wellington Nem were probably my best performers all season. Ba was a real disappointment due to constantly being injured. Ended up breaking his leg in early Feb and missing the rest of the season.

Anyways, here's the squad!

GK- Krul/Harper (contract expiring at the end of the season)
DR- Simpson/R. Taylor
DC- S. Taylor/Kjaer
DC - Coloccini/Okore
DL- Santon/R.Taylor
MR- Ben Arfa/Gutierrez
ML- Wellington Nem/Obertan/Ferguson
MC- Tiote/Anita
MC- Cabaye/Adryan
TM- Cisse/Ameobi
P- Ba (when fit)/Ademilson/Campbell

Thinking i'll probably want a young goalkeeper for the future, a new right-back and maybe a new striker? Considering selling Ba due to his constant injuries forcing him to decline as a footballer. Any ideas on how i can improve the squad to title contenders? And who did you guys buy/sell in order to mount a serious title challenge?

I just won my 1st season with the magpies using nezza 4-4-2 tactic. In the 1st season I bought Ademilson, Nem, Darwin Quintero and Ruben Yttergard-Jensen (This guy is so underrated at 2.5* but He's a beast of a midfielder, comparable to Cabaye, sometimes better because he has 'dictates tempo' PPM).

I'm starting my 2nd season now and so far I just sold Cissa to Barca for $32M (all cash!), Coloccini to Real Madrid for $13M and Obertan to Monaco for $9.5M. I bought Welbeck for $25M (half cash, half installment), Jonjo Shelvey for $10M, Chris Smalling for $15M and an english young right back whose name I couldn't remember for $17M. I'm also buying a bunch of 4* and 5* very young cheap regens for future investment.

Here's my current squad:

GK: Krul
DL: Santon
DR: Don't remember the name, he is good though.
DCs: S. Taylor + Smalling
MCL (defensive): Tiote/Anita
MCR (playmaker): Cabaye/Jensen
MR: Nem
ML: Ben Arfa
Forwards: Ba + Welbeck

I started a new game, hoping to use your guide. However I was giving NO transfer money, and I tried to sell some players and None has been sold after 6 weeks into the game, Other then that it is a ood guide.

Is there any new updates for Newcastle guide I've started with the January update.