Hey, I have been playing as Newcastle for a while and used alot of the tips in the guilde on my save, Only think i struggled with was selling the players, didnt get anything for Williamson and perch(Loaned Perch in the end,no bids for Williamson) and sold jonas for 8.5 upfront.

I bought Nem, Adryan and Okore (as the guide says the more you play him the better his PA seems to rise) but also got Rodja Nainggolan, hes from calgari and Plays as a Cm or Dm. I havnt bought him in any of my other saves so unsure how he plays normally for others but he was transfer listed by request for 9.5m and he has gotten on average 8.06 as a Ball winning midfielder alongside Cobaye with Tiote just behind, got sent off against Arsenal tho, and has the status 'seems angry' in most of the big games so far.

I play the 4-5-1 with Tiote as anchor and the two mentioned above in midfield, Cisse is on fire atm but cant seem to get Ba to play well, tried him alongside Cisse or alone as a poacher.

Im currently 4th 5 points behind 2nd at christmas( City are winning everything atm so not Gunna win the league)

One last thing is with the is formation i promised attacking football to the fans and board at the start of the season and i struggle to provide that in most games, i play standard with attacking or counter most of the time apart from the cups and europa etc where i play attacking so it might be just my tactics that casue it.

Other wise a really good guide and enjoying the save so far :)

Hey, I have been playing as Newcastle for a while and used alot of the tips in the guilde on my save, Only think i struggled with was selling the players, didnt get anything for Williamson and perch(Loaned Perch in the end,no bids for Williamson) and sold jonas for 8.5 upfront.

I bought Nem, Adryan and Okore (as the guide says the more you play him the better his PA seems to rise) but also got Rodja Nainggolan, hes from calgari and Plays as a Cm or Dm. I havnt bought him in any of my other saves so unsure how he plays normally for others but he was transfer listed by request for 9.5m and he has gotten on average 8.06 as a Ball winning midfielder alongside Cobaye with Tiote just behind, got sent off against Arsenal tho, and has the status 'seems angry' in most of the big games so far.

I play the 4-5-1 with Tiote as anchor and the two mentioned above in midfield, Cisse is on fire atm but cant seem to get Ba to play well, tried him alongside Cisse or alone as a poacher.

Im currently 4th 5 points behind 2nd at christmas( City are winning everything atm so not Gunna win the league)

One last thing is with the is formation i promised attacking football to the fans and board at the start of the season and i struggle to provide that in most games, i play standard with attacking or counter most of the time apart from the cups and europa etc where i play attacking so it might be just my tactics that casue it.

Other wise a really good guide and enjoying the save so far :)

Sounds like you are having great fun mate. I think i will need to start a new game with Newcastle and test again the value at which you can sell the players.

I have seen Nainggolan go to some of the big clubs. His stats are amazing and for £9.5m that's a great buy.

Cisse scored like 37 goals for me in the first season. Ba was the same for me. Maybe try changing some of his individual instructions to get him to play as a more attacking player.

The board always said the same about me, even though i had attack on about 70% of the time. I dont really think it matters that much. So i just ignored it.

Hope you get that champions league spot :D

You have to offer them out at the start for these prices. Fulham take Jonas and Reading take Marveaux. Cant remember who takes Williamson

Who did you guys buy with the money you received?

Correct with the teams but i wasnt getting offers like them i just had to keep lowering it till they made a bid a soon as i started ha.

These are who i sold and bought .. Now that i have played the game for a while now i probs would of made better signing but they have done well won league and qualified for champs league twice and won europa league and fa cup etc .. would probs not got the loans i brought in.View attachment 287793

Might give my Man Utd save a break and start a new one with the Mighty Toon. Looks promising for sure!

I loaned him to udinese. He's played in most there games and got into the brazil u21

first thing i did as newcastle boss was give ba a new contract his mimimum release fee is now 35m

I loaned him to udinese. He's played in most there games and got into the brazil u21

Sounds like a good loan deal.

first thing i did as newcastle boss was give ba a new contract his mimimum release fee is now 35m

Me to. It is awful losing him for £7m and i think he gets like 30% of the transfer. He isn't a star performer for me though so I'm thinking of selling him for as much as i can get for him (at least £15m).

Sold Gutierrez after a solid first season for 15 mil, so that was a real good deal, but you seem to have gotten great prices for all the others. My first season transfers included Ademilson, Wellington Nem and Wallace, all of whom had great seasons. Finished a surprisingly high 3rd and won the EURO Cup too. Going to try for the premier league title in the second year, just got a whole bunch of regens with amazing potential, and Sommer, Capuano, Bittencourt after selling off Perch, Ryan Taylor, Marveaux, Williamson, and Gutierrez. Looking good :)

Hey just finished my first season with Newcastle(pretty slow i know) just thought i would update.

Finished third behind City and spurs, lost to City with 2 games to go to lose 2nd spot to them, but beat Spurs on the last day to sucure third spot. Been following the same tactics all season, Mainly playes 4-4-2 with two Wingers because Tiote got injured for 6 months. Lost Cisse to the African Nations Cup so Bought Ademilson and He got young player of the season with 11 goals and 9 assists in 13 games for me which saved my season really.Got to the Last 16 of the Euro Cup to lose to Inter 2-0 so not to gutted.

Now i am Looking to build my defence a little, Krul got the golden glove last season but lost coloccini for 3 months in November which left me short at the back, Skirtel is transfer listed atm so might Take a punt at him, anyone got any suggestions for a good CB?

otherwise just selling of the deadwood so to speak and getting a few good regens in, Not sure how to post Screenshots otherwise would show you tHe Full back i signed.

Hey just finished my first season with Newcastle(pretty slow i know) just thought i would update.

Finished third behind City and spurs, lost to City with 2 games to go to lose 2nd spot to them, but beat Spurs on the last day to sucure third spot. Been following the same tactics all season, Mainly playes 4-4-2 with two Wingers because Tiote got injured for 6 months. Lost Cisse to the African Nations Cup so Bought Ademilson and He got young player of the season with 11 goals and 9 assists in 13 games for me which saved my season really.Got to the Last 16 of the Euro Cup to lose to Inter 2-0 so not to gutted.

Now i am Looking to build my defence a little, Krul got the golden glove last season but lost coloccini for 3 months in November which left me short at the back, Skirtel is transfer listed atm so might Take a punt at him, anyone got any suggestions for a good CB?

otherwise just selling of the deadwood so to speak and getting a few good regens in, Not sure how to post Screenshots otherwise would show you tHe Full back i signed.

Kyriakos Papadopoulos, might have to spend more on him now you have done a season, best defender for me so far

Started my first ever save on fm13 with newcastle. here is a screenshot of my transfers: View attachment 295025
I am currently 7th in the league but have been plagued with injuries and also have been missing ba, cisse and tiote due to the african cup of nations. Can anyone give me advice please on who to sign?

lallana is a good signing doing great for me, try offering Marveaux for £7.5m PSG usually offer it no problem in first season, deffo need cover at the back as williamson just doesn't do it for me anyway. Try shawcross or subotic if you can afford £15m spread over 48mths. Ive sold all my players 30 0r older to reduce the wages significantly. wellington Nem is great for cover if your playing with attacking wingers. Adryan (midfield) from flamengo for less than £1m(great for future). Julien Quercia from lorient on loan did excellent for me upfront as a short term loan. I would have kept hold of shane ferguson( plays a few positions).

Last edited:
cheers will try and offload marveaux at the end of the season and will have a look at adryan. I need a new right back because simpson simply can't cut it, any ideas?

Wallace from fluminense has a buyout clause of 4,4 mil at the start of the game, always turns out class as rb/Rwb for me.

Nice guide, the problem with newcastle is that you basically have two proacher (Cisse and Ba). In the proacher role Cisse is the better one, so I sold Ba for - believe me or not - GBP 25,5mln to Chelsea (offer new contract --> sell Ba). Besides I sold Gutierez to Juventus for GBP 12,5mln and loaned Anita to Udinese. The players I bought so far are: Jovetic (GBP 19mln), Monreal (GBP 10mln) and M'Vila (GBP 15mln) / Tiote back up. To complete my squad I will sign Ljajic as AML (inside forward) in the near future.

Nice guide, the problem with newcastle is that you basically have two proacher (Cisse and Ba). In the proacher role Cisse is the better one, so I sold Ba for - believe me or not - GBP 25,5mln to Chelsea (offer new contract --> sell Ba). Besides I sold Gutierez to Juventus for GBP 12,5mln and loaned Anita to Udinese. The players I bought so far are: Jovetic (GBP 19mln), Monreal (GBP 10mln) and M'Vila (GBP 15mln) / Tiote back up. To complete my squad I will sign Ljajic as AML (inside forward) in the near future.

Yeah you gotta love the proacher role

Hiya Im new to replying on this website! I think out of most of the team guides Ive read on here this is by far the best. With NEwcastle being my 2nd team, behind the mighty Swindon Town, Ive become somewhat obsessed with trying to nail Newcastle into the top 4. I just cant do it!! Struggling to go higher than 6th. Just wondered what the best results people have had? Has anyone won the league in first season? Im going to start AGAIN this afternoon! Im determined to get a good save going!!

Hiya Im new to replying on this website! I think out of most of the team guides Ive read on here this is by far the best. With NEwcastle being my 2nd team, behind the mighty Swindon Town, Ive become somewhat obsessed with trying to nail Newcastle into the top 4. I just cant do it!! Struggling to go higher than 6th. Just wondered what the best results people have had? Has anyone won the league in first season? Im going to start AGAIN this afternoon! Im determined to get a good save going!!

Cheers mate. I'm sure it is possible to win the league in the first year, though the highest i have finished with the Toon 2nd. Newcastle need squad depth the most as they dont have enough quality squad players to slot into the team when needed.

Thanks for this I'm not great with tactics and this has helped me a lot. I also signed Kjaer who has been one of my best CBS love him!