Newcastle United- All in a Hard Day's Work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Who needs Ba; we got Best
Reaction score
Newcastle United- All in a Hard Day's Work

The date was Friday 5th June, 2009. It was a pleasant morning in the North East. The sun was out and people left for jobs, optimistic of the summer ahead. For many, it was the last day of school or work and everyone seemed set on making it a day to remember. The clouds were wispy and the air was fresh, kids set of for school at a brisk pace, eager to see their friends for the last time for six weeks. The sun shone beautifully for almost everyone, expect one well respected Tynesider, Alan Shearer.

At 12.27, it was confirmed that he would be manager of relegated Newcastle United no more. That season of agony was enough to convince hated chairman (Head of Sports Direct) Mike Ashley, that it was time for a change. Newcastle would be preparing for life in the Coca Cola Championship without their all-time top scorer.

As people returned from School and work, they were greeted with the news. Sky Sport's Poll summed up the general feeling from the disgruntled Geordies:

Are you Happy with the sacking of Shearer?

Yes- 13%
No- 87%

Mike Ashley was about to make himself the most hated man in Newcastle. Alan Shearer left a press conference in disgust claiming 'He was unable to make transfers of his own accord.' Ashley was quick to deny this but it is no coincidence that Kevin Keegan left the club for the same reasons.

What had started as a lovely day was immediately turning into a nightmare for the passionate fans. Shearer had left, morale was low, and Owen... was injured again.

But, just as quickly as Shearer was sacked, a new man was brought in. Chris Hughton was the name. Hughton, Newcastle's First Team Coach and former Tottenham Hotspur defender was delighted with the job but understood the challenge he was about to take on.

Guiding Newcastle United's lacklustre side, back to the Premier League and restoring their glory. This is his story...

Pre-Season, First Season.
Transfer & Tactics, First Season.
Games 1-6, First Season.
Games 7-12, First Season
Games 13-21, First Season.
Games 22-31, First Season
Games 32-38, First Season
Newcastle v Chelsea, FA Cup
Rest of the Season, First Season
Screenshot Update

Transfers, Second Season
First Premier League Update, Second Season
Second Premier League Update, Second Season
Loan Report
Third Premier League Update, Second Season
Fourth Premier League Update, Second Season
Fifth Premier League Update, Second Season

Transfer Update, Third Season
First Results Update, Third Season
Second Results Update, Third Season
Vanden Borre Problems
Third Results Update, Third Season

Rest of Third and Fourth Season Summary

Tactics and Transfers, Fifth Season
First Results Update, Fifth Season
Two Out, One In!
Second Results Update, Fifth Season
Money Money Money!
Third Results Update, Fifth Season

Transfers Out, Sixth Season
Transfers In, Sixth Season
Community Shield Win, Sixth Season
August Update, Sixth Season
September Update, Sixth Season
October Update, Sixth Season
November Update, Sixth Season
Newcastle Shock Real Madrid!
Before I leave you...
December Update, Sixth Season
January Transfer Update, Sixth Season
January Matches Update, Sixth Season
Beating the Special One!
February Update, Sixth Season
March Premier League Update, Sixth Season
Newcastle v Inter Second Leg

Last edited:
even as a middlesbrough fan im loving this start to the story keep it up and i never thought i would say it but... good luck

Chrissy boy, welcome back to the story front. I am starting a save with Newcastle as well. Be interesting for some advice. Btw, the guide is immense

also, people coming back to school on the 5th of June. :O :S

Love the beginning :D As a true Newcastle fan, I will sure follow this.

Viva La Cultu

Good luck mate. Its a nice change with Newcastle, as you actually have some cash :) Gotta go for Djalo, 800k 19 goals in 26 games so far.

even as a middlesbrough fan im loving this start to the story keep it up and i never thought i would say it but... good luck

Chrissy boy, welcome back to the story front. I am starting a save with Newcastle as well. Be interesting for some advice. Btw, the guide is immense

also, people coming back to school on the 5th of June. :O :S

sounds good mate

Joshb- Thanks mate. To hear that from a Boro fan is encouragement enough!

Nick- Thanks mate. Glad you like the guide. On the School holiday front I made a mistake there so I changed it to 'leaving' school. This isn't the right time but we'll have to make do. ;)

MH96- Thanks mate. I hope you enjoy it. :)

You can expect updates tomorrow. Thanks for all your support so far! :D

really detailed :) and hopefully you can keep it going. shall be following :D

Great start mate, I have a feeling I am going to love this. :D

Thanks to DaSiimM (great name!), Stuart, Ronaldal, Dan and Max. I hope you enjoy. :)

Yeah, I will be following, as I am doing a Newcastle save aswell.

Ohhh, your stories are always good, you can count on me to follow. Your guide is immense btw, can you take a look at my story? Thanks and good luck mate :p

Good Luck mate, hope you are successful :)

So, Pre-Season was up and running soon enough. My fixture list lined up as so:

Newcastle Reserves
Gillingham
Saint-Etienne
Viitorul C-ta
Gloria Bistrita
International
Cambridge United

So, not too tough then. However, Saint-Etienne were sure to be a challenge for us. Here is how it all went!

Newcastle 2-0 Reserves (Ameobi x2, Ameobi MoM)
Ameobi the super substitute came on with Pancrate and the two were inspirational. Ameobi scored a penalty and a great poacher's effort to seal the win. Slightly disappointed as we missed too many chances.

Gillingham 2-3 Newcastle (Godsmark x2, Ranger, Godsmark MoM)
We went 3-0 up through 3 great goals. Godsmark was amazing and gave Gillingham the run-around all day. I played a weakened side with most of the Reserves playing. Simeon Jackson scored their goals but we held on in the end.

Newcastle 5-2 Saint-Etienne (Djalo x3, Smith, Lovenkrands, Djalo MoM)
Well, this was a surprise. Smith scored a stunner to put us 1-0 up. Djalo bagged three after a sending off for them! Lovenkrands finished off with a nice finish. Great win and probably the best we are going to get this Pre-Season!

Viitorul C-ta 0-2 Newcastle (S.Taylor, Carroll, S.Taylor MoM)
Easy win here. Taylor scored a good header and a great finish from Carroll sealed a decent victory away from home.

Gloria Bistrita 1-2 Newcastle (Vuckic x2, MoM Vuckic)
I fielded a weakened side and it showed. However Vuckic shone through to bag a brace. Vital goals for the promising youngster.

International 0-7 Newcastle (Smith, Coloccini, S.Taylor x2, Carroll x2, Donaldson, MoM S.Taylor)
Great win here. Carroll and Coloccini bagged a brace each. Coloccini netted a good penalty with Smith and Donaldson scoring screamers!

Cambridge 0-2 Newcastle (Coloccini, Pancrate, MoM Enrique)
A decent win to round off a 100% Pre-Season. Coloccini scored a great header and Pancrate scored a flukey cross to seal the win. Enrique ran the show with two assists!

Transfers!

Transfer wise, Jonas left the club for £3.1M as he can't be used in my tactics. A good deal for the club which allowed us to buy...

...Yannick Djalo for 800k. A great bargain for the club. He has huge potential so he will be a vital player for us this season. Goals are something we are going to need so he has huge boots to fill!

any advice for me. we are sitting 8th after 4 games with 6 points.

good preseason however

Status
Not open for further replies.