Newcastle United- All in a Hard Day's Work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick:

That isn't too bad actually. Newcastle's first fixtures are West Brom, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and Palace I think. West Brom is always a tough. Be grateful if you come away with a draw. Reading will always give you a game. You should be beating Palace and Sheff Wed. Could I see a few screenshots of your team and tactics please? Cheers mate. :)

By looking at your pre season, you should pwn everyone.

Thanks Max. I doubt that considering I always fail somewhere along the line. XD

Tactics Update and First Month Update tomorrow!!!

Howay the lads! What role do you give Djalo? Poacher or Advanced?

keep up the work i look forward to reading your stories hopefully they will stay long and indepth like how you started :) keepupthe good work

Djalo seems to have started well for you :). Although, I hold onto Jonas usually, as you can get 7-10m for him 2nd season. Cracking results in the friendlies aswell, especially the St. Etienne one.

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

any advice for me. we are sitting 8th after 4 games with 6 points.
good preseason however

Can u post a couple of screens? Squad, and tactics?

Djalo seems to have started well for you :). Although, I hold onto Jonas usually, as you can get 7-10m for him 2nd season. Cracking results in the friendlies aswell, especially the St. Etienne one.

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

Can u post a couple of screens? Squad, and tactics?

in the morning yeah, i'm off for a kip though

Good luck Chris :)

I saw you bought my baby Yannick :wub:

Mr Hough's tactics by any chance :p.. if so you should try out the Nike defence on it as me and mrhough were discussion it on msn..PM if you want to know :D

Transfers and Tactics- The In-detail Update

OK, let's start with tactics shall we? I will be using Mr.Hough's Wonder Tactic after seeing that many people have had huge success, while using them at Newcastle. They are sure to make an interesting season full of goals and tense games. :) My players generally fitted perfectly into the tactic. All I needed was to buy another striker and a defensive midfielder. I think I got good ones. :D

At Left Back and Right Back, Enrique and Taylor will be perfect as they are quick, both have decent skill and are always ready to support the more attacking players.
At Centre Back I have Taylor and Coloccini. Centre back can end up being where a huge amount of goals come from. Both have a great head on them and are top players at this level.
In Defensive Midfield I signed Hedwiges Maduro seeing as we had no natural DM. He is a top tackler and a great passer of the ball. For 2.3M, he wasn't cheap but I reckon he'll be worth it.
In Centre Midfield I have Smith, Nolan, Barton and Guthrie. A great choice of players all with good attacking and defending skills. These players will be vital this year!
In Attack we have Lovenkrands, Djalo, Carroll and Ameobi. Top strikers at this level. I signed Djalo as I thought the front line needed a boost. He had a good Pre-Season which was also encouraging!

Next up are transfers.

Transfers Out!

Jonas Gutierrez
Jonas went out because we didn't need wingers. Simple as that really. His stats are quite low too and we gained over £3M from him which is a huge bonus. A good player but he would have only become unhappy. This would affect the squad and we would lose games.

View attachment 48013

Transfers In!

Yannick Djalo​
In came Yannick Djalo in an attempt to boost our strike force. A great player and at £800k he was an amazing bargain too. I reckon we can get 20+ goals out of him this season which we will need as the other strikers could struggle to hit that target. Hopefully he'll be worth it and become a great player with us!

View attachment 48014

Hedwiges Maduro
Finally, I snapped up Hedwiges Maduro for a cool £2.3M. A lot of money for us so we desperately need him to perform. A defensive midfielder who can pass, tackle and head a ball. Even if his attributes say otherwise. He is our only natural Defensive Midfielder so he won't have too much competition for a place. Unless Alan Smith plays well of course!

That is my update for the morning. Thanks for following and I hope you continue too! Chris.

Last edited:
Thanks mate. He just scored on his debut. ;)

Djalo looks like could be a bargin buy :D well done so far nice read :p

Thanks mate. I really hope he is. :)

Djalo is a bargain for the premier league!

17 goals and 14 assists in 26 games ^^)

A great month for Newcastle United which consisted of 5 wins and just one draw. We got through to the Carling Cup 3rd Round which is also a bonus. Here is what happened:

West Brom 1-3 Newcastle (Djalo, Lovenkrands, S.Taylor)
A superb win to start off the season. Coloccini gave away a penalty and Tamas put them one up at half time. I slammed the team and it worked. Djalo scored a debut goal immediately after the break. A lovely striker into the bottom corner. Lovenkrands gave us the lead after connecting with a Maduro through ball and then rounded Carson. Finally, Steven Taylor headed home a Ryan Taylor free kick to record a vital win against the Brummies.

Newcastle 4-1 Reading (Carroll x2, Lovenkrands x2)
Carroll gave us the lead on 26 minutes with a 25 yard screamer which evaded Federici and into the bottom corner. Carroll then made it two after a Barton through ball which he slipped past the keeper on 47 minutes. 10 minutes later we were 3-0 up as Djalo set up Lovenkrands who placed the ball home. Nolan gave away a penalty which Church duly converted. But, in the 82nd minute, Maduro headed the ball to Lovenkrands who ran from the halfway line to score a second. Great win!

Newcastle 1-1 Sheffield Wednesday (Djalo)
A poor performance from us which led to a deserved draw. Djalo slotted the ball into the net on 22 minutes after taking on two players. However, Ryan Taylor gave away our third penalty in three games and Tommy Miller smashed home. A poor result for us.

Crystal Palace 0-4 Newcastle (Djalo, Carroll x2, Best)
Djalo gave us the lead when he slotted the ball home early on. Then, Andy Carroll tapped a sitter into the net from a superb Djalo assist. Leon Best made it three smashing a screamer home to give him a dream debut. Carroll rounded off the victory late on when he ran through from a Leon Best through ball to slide it past a helpless Speroni!

Norwich 1-2 Newcastle (Carroll, Smith) CC 2nd Round
A good performance from the Reserves but it took until Extra Time to secure a win. Carroll headed home on 9 minutes to give us a lead which we fully deserved. Then, Norwich defender Mamadou Seck scored while unmarked from a corner. It took until the 118th minute to score but Super Sub Alan Smith placed the ball into the net to send us through to the next round!

Newcastle 5-1 Leicester (Djalo x4, Carroll)
Djalo scored an amazing four goals to secure the thrashing of Leicester City. It took just seven minutes for Djalo to hit his first as he volleyed home after Best's cross took a deflection. He had to wait until the 35th minute to whack the ball home and then 3 minutes later he complete his hat-trick, connecting with a Barton through ball to slot the ball past Weale. 10 minutes later he had four running 35 yards and firing the ball into the top corner! Carroll made it five on 67 minutes as he whacked it past Weale. Waghorn grabbed a consolation goal but it was not enough.

Player of the Month

Yannick Djalo has been superb with 7 goals in the Championship including 4 against Leicester. If he carries on like this then is guaranteed to be top scorer. A great signing so far and he looks at home with Carroll, Lovenkrands and Best. Amazing player, amazing price.

Overall, a great month. The strikers are on fire. The midfielders are getting loads of assists and the defenders are solid. We are second in the league to Preston who have won all their games. I can't see that lasting and we only need 3 points to go above them. Here is the team. I hope you keep following!

Status
Not open for further replies.