Newcastle United - The Return of the Entertainers

fonds-ecran-newcastle-united-logo-7.jpg

PRE-SEASON

I think this summer window will go down as a notable one in my career here mainly due to the fact that next season Arp, Maresic, D'Amico etc will be home grown so I wont really be restricted with regards to my squad as the likes of Hayden, Dummett and Carroll are hanging in there due to their status. That being said all 3 impressed when called upon last season.

Another reason for it being notable will be because I brought in some amazing players!!!!!!

In other news I got Polish side Jagellonia as a feeder side while both my domestic affiliated clubs, Coventry and Gateshead, have been promoted so I have loaned a few players out to them. I also signed a new deal after Chelsea offered me the chance to manage them but in the end they plumped for some guy called Guardiola!!!

So onto the transfers...…….

--

PLAYERS OUT

3 first team players left for around £20m. Ayoze Perez (Leicester), Christian Atsu (Valencia) and Yoshinori Muto (Eintracht Frankfurt) have all departed as I looked to freshen up the squad. Ayoze was rubbish last season but Atsu and Muto excelled however I found better replacements and even though Muto was valued at £50m when I sold him I thought it was right to get rid.

I also got a decent transfer fee for Henri Saivet as he joined Hull for £13.5m while reserve players Longstaff, Sterry and Juanito left for small fees and the likes of Martin, Santisteban, Toure, Kawaya and Mousolin amongst others departed on loan. In the end I took in a total of £93m in player sales.

--

PLAYERS IN

I was aware that I needed to strengthen the side in order to maintain our domestic superiority but also to make inroads into the elite in Europe. With that in mind I spent £113m which isn't a lot compared to the amount that I recouped but when you take into account wages and agent fees etc I am left without a penny to spend as I tried to upgrade my squad. That being said I got some bargains.

Possibly my biggest bargain - despite being the new club record signing - is the £40m I spent on
Moise Kean to make his loan move permanent from Juventus. I couldn't not meet the clause after he scored over 30 goals from the left wing last season and although he isn't a new face he is a dynasty player.
View attachment 38565

Now for just a few million less I brought in Kean's understudy and Atsu's replacement as I shelled out £35.5m to bring in
Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund. The English wonderkid had a release clause that I was happy to meet and I have high hopes that the 19y/o will prove to be a world class performer.
View attachment 38564

£23m was spent on
Patrik Schick from Roma in a bargain deal for the club. I cheekily made the offer for his value and I was shocked to see that it was accepted. Like Sancho I have never managed Schick before but have seen him do great things so I look forward to working with him. He will compete with Arp for the striker position and also stake a claim to play AMC.
View attachment 38563

The player that Schick will be battling out with for the AMC (alongside Xadas) is
Lucas Paqueta who joined us from Flamengo for £13.25m. The 21y/o Brazilian international is another who I have wanted to manage before and I hope he can step up to the required level.
View attachment 38562

The final player for the first team was the loan signing of
Diogo Dalot from Manchester United to cover for DeAndre Yedlin at right back. I tried to bring Passlack back to the club but Dortmund weren't playing ball so Dalot gets the opportunity.
View attachment 38561

I brought in these 4 players for much cheapness at a total cost of £1.4m.
View attachment 38560View attachment 38559View attachment 38558View attachment 38557

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

No changes to the first XI provisionally apart from the AMC position where I will have to pick upon form between Schick, Paqueta and Xadas. Also up front, despite being excellent last term, Fiete Arp will be under more pressure with the arrival of Schick.

One doubt however is the depth of my squad as my U23 team only has a couple of players as I haven't signed too many teenage backups and my youth intake players haven't stepped up yet or aren't ready for it.

newcastle-united-v-chelsea-premier-league-5b4de4eb3467acf9cf000017.jpg

AUGUST

FA Community Shield
v
Manchester United 0
Newcastle United 1 (Cuisance 54)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt (Rodrigo Caio), Tierney (Dummett), Cuisance*, Arthur, D'Amico (Murphy), Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Schick (Arp)

I don't think Man Utd had their strongest side out but the side that they put out played well - especially in the 1st half. The 2nd half was different though and we scored a beautiful team goal through Cuisance and we should have added to our tally in truth.

--

UEFA European Super Cup
v
Bayern Munich 2 (Kane 32, 90)
Newcastle United 4 (Kean 23, 29, Arp 45, Lucas Paqueta 90)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Dummett), Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean*, Arp

Hello!!!! To put 4 past a strong Bayern side is a very good sign for my young and improving side and it shows that we are ready to fight amongst Europe's elite maybe. I picked Arp over Schick due to him playing against a team from his homeland and he duly scored so he is starting the league campaign.

--

v
Fulham 2 (Ayew 10, 32)
Newcastle United 6 (Kean 25, Arp 30, Lucas Paqueta 50, 62, Pellegrini 60, Cuisance 90)

Lineup
- Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Dummett), Pellegrini, Shelvey (Cuisance), D'Amico (Murphy), Lucas Paqueta*, Kean, Arp

Not a bad way to start the league campaign!!! Lucas Paqueta has almost scored more goals this season in 3 games than Ayoze Perez or Xadas did individually for the whole of last season!!!

--

v
Newcastle United 5 (Kean 16, 46, 84, Pellegrini 26, Arp 63)
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean*, Arp (Schick)

We followed 6 goals from game 1 in the league with 5 goals in game 2. Will there be 4 goals in game 3? Pellegrini scored 3 in over 50 games last season and he has 2 in 3 this term.

--

v
West Ham United 3 (Doucoure 8, Pratto 24, 90)
Newcastle United 3 (Kean 30, Lucas Paqueta 52, De Ligt 87)

Lineup - Rulli, Dalot, Lascelles, De Vrij, Tierney (Dummett), Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Arp (Schick)

Lucas ****** Pratto - he always scores against us and although his last minute equaliser was no more than West Ham deserved it was still a gutting moment. I suppose a point after being 2 down is not bad but we had the game won.

--

SUMMARY

I am delighted with our start to the season as we have claimed both of the minor cup competitions and also started the league campaign well by getting 7 out of 9 points and scoring 14 goals in only 3 games!!!

Lucas Paqueta has been the signing who has impressed so far but I suppose he is the only one who has started a few games. Pellegrini and Kean have also excelled at the start of the season while although D'Amico has been disappointing he still has 4 assists in 5 games!!!!

In the Carabao Cup we will play Swansea while we have a decent Champions League group as we have been drawn with AS Monaco, Legia Warsaw and CSKA Moscow.

Finally regarding the transfer window here are some leading signings...…

Arsenal - Mayoral, Phil Jones, Lallana and Aboubakar (Aubameyang sold)
Chelsea - Sarr, Kompany, Chiesa, Pickford
Man City - Renato Sanches and Joe Hart!!!!
Man Utd - Alli, Wilshere, Sokratis, Kolasinac
WBA - Lenglet, Smalling, Sanabria, Pope, Andreas Pereira

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MOISE KEAN
View attachment 38349

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 38348

Patrik-Schick.jpg

Patrik Schick

SEPTEMBER

v
Newcastle United 4 (Schick 15, 61, 67, Lucas Paqueta 36)
Southampton 3 (Ben Yedder 46, 49, Papadopoulos 80)

Lineup - Rulli, Dalot, Lascelles (Rodrigo Caio), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Schick*

Back to winning ways as Patrick Schick banged in a hat-trick. Arthur missed a penalty so it could have been more.

--

UEFA Champions League Group E
v
Newcastle United 2 (Schick 30, 57)
AS Monaco 1 (Pellegri 32)

Lineup - Rulli, Dalot, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean (Sancho), Schick*

Patrick Schick scored 2 great goals here as we beat Monaco who had a player sent-off early on. Pietro Pellegri is a player who I would love to sign and he showed how good he is by scoring here.

--

v
Everton 3 (Richarlison 2, Simeone 83, Davies 86)
Newcastle United 4 (Kean 33, 42, D'Amico 52, 87)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles (Rodrigo Caio), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico*, Xadas (Shelvey), Kean, Schick (Arp)

For the 3rd game in a row in the league we concede 3 goals but fortunately we managed to get 4 ourselves. D'Amico's winner was a fine finish from the edge of the area.

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
v
Newcastle United 2 (Sancho 19, Cleverley 107og)
Swansea City 2 (Bony 67, Dyer 102)
(AET Newcastle United won 5-3 on penalties)

Lineup
- Woodman, Dalot, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett (Eduardo), Cuisance (Hayden), Shelvey (Stoica), Murphy, Xadas*, Sancho, Geubbels

My backups did the job here - just!!!

-

v
Newcastle United 4 (D'Amico 11, Arthur 45pen, Sancho 77, Schick 84)
Leicester City 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur*, D'Amico, Xadas (Cuisance), Kean (Sancho), Schick

A very nice victory which means for 5 of our 6 league games we have scored at least 4 goals.

--

SUMMARY

We really have started this season on fire as we are banging in goals right, left and centre and although we still concede too many in true 90s Newcastle style as long as we score more than our opponents then I am happy.

Patrik Schick has the strikers shirt just now but I will play Fiete Arp in our next Champions League game while Geubbels got a start against Swansea as I try to share out the minutes.

Next month we face Spurs and Man City as we get some tougher fixtures after our kind start to the campaign.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PATRIK SCHICK
View attachment 38199

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 38198

Untitled%20design%20(10)_38.jpg

Arthur

OCTOBER

v
Legia Warsaw 1 (Vesovic 15)
Newcastle United 3 (Murphy 6, Arp 48, Geubbels 82)

Lineup - Woodman, Dalot, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett, Cuisance (Hayden), Shelvey, Murphy, Xadas, Sancho*, Arp (Geubbels)

Legia put up a good fight here but even though I fielded my backups we always had more quality out on the park and we got the expected victory.
--

v
Tottenham Hotspur 0
Newcastle United 2 (D'Amico 3, Kean 90)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Xadas (Sancho), Kean*, Schick (Arp)

You have no idea how pleased I am with this performance and result. A fantastic away win against a top team and a clean sheet to boost. It was an entertaining match and Spurs actually played really well tbh.

--

v
Newcastle United 4 (Pellegrini 18, Arp 33pen, Lascelles 38, Arthur 79)
Hull City 1 (Yedlin 69og)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt (Maresic), Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur*, D'Amico (Murphy), Lucas Paqueta, Sancho, Arp (Geubbels)

Another 4 goal haul but Arthur's goal was worth 400. He beat about 5 players as he dribbled through the Hull defence and then finished into the top corner from 18 yards. Kean and Schick got injured on international duty so will be out for a few weeks.

--

v
CSKA Moscow 1 (Yefremov 20)
Newcastle United 5 (Sancho 10, Ivanovic 32og, Arp 34, 76, Maresic 67)

Lineup
- Woodman, Dalot, Lascelles, Maresic, Dummett, Cuisance, Shelvey, Murphy (Geubbels), Xadas*, Sancho, Arp

My backups did a brilliant job here as they smash 5 past CSKA Moscow. Fiete Arp missed a 1st minute penalty which in the end denied him a hat-trick.

--

v
Manchester City 3 (Aguero 40, 45, Icardi 75)
Newcastle United 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt (Maresic), Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Sancho, Arp (Geubbels)

We didn't turn up at all here and were lucky to get away with a 3 goal defeat as our great start to the season comes to an abrupt end.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
v
Newcastle United 2 (Rodrigo Caio 53, Murphy 76)
Derby County 0

Lineup
- Woodman, Dalot*, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett (Eduardo), Cuisance, Shelvey (Hayden), Murphy, Xadas, Sancho, Geubbels (Arp)

We dominated this match from start to finish and we actually scored our fantastic 2nd goal when Geubbels was down injured.

--

SUMMARY

We did well this month as we thumped Legia Warsaw and CSKA Moscow in the Champions League, progressed in the Carabao Cup and in the league we thumped Hull, got a great win against Spurs but lost to Man City which sees us sit 2nd in the table 1pt behind Chelsea who are unbeaten.

All is going really well and everyone is getting plenty of game time as I have been able to throw in my backups fairly regularly and we are getting injuries to players who we have strong cover for which is fortunate so we just need to keep things going.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
XADAS

View attachment 38033

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 38032

img_imentruit_20170509-140251_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_mickael_cuisance_al_borussia_mgladbach-kOUC-U422416310113ewH-980x554@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

Mickael Cuisance

NOVEMBER

v
Newcastle United 3 (Lucas Paqueta 18, 27, Lascelles 37)
Burnley 1 (Coman 66)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Dalot), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Shelvey), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta*, Sancho, Arp

When I signed Lucas Paqueta I was hoping rather than expecting him to solve our problems at AMC but he has started off brilliantly with us and he has pretty much paid his £13m transfer fee back!

--

v
Newcastle United 4 (Xadas 24, Sancho 56, Arp 69, 73)
CSKA Moscow 1 (Hernandez 10pen)

Lineup
- Woodman, Dalot*, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett, Cuisance, Shelvey (Hayden), Murphy, Xadas, Sancho, Geubbels (Arp)

This win secures our progression into the knockout stages. Diogo Dalot is certainly impressing this season - I may een try to get him permanently if he keeps this form up.

--

v
Chelsea 3 (Musonda 27, Hazard 29, Kompany 41)
Newcastle United 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Dalot), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Sancho (Kean), Arp (Schick)

That's 2 3-0 defeats in our last 3 league matches as Chelsea go back to the top of the table thanks to their dominant 1st half display. Kean and Schick returned from injury though while Rulli was shocking.

--

v
Newcastle United 2 (Arp 69, Lucas Paqueta 71)
West Bromwich Albion 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Dummett, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Shelvey, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta*, Kean, Schick (Arp)

We peppered their goal in the first half and should have been a few goals up but then in the 2nd half we lost our way a bit so I put on my subs and they combined for the opener. Arp then assisted the 2nd. I liked WBA's signings this summer and I am surprised that they are 2nd bottom.

--

v
AS Monaco 1 (Lo Celso 52)
Newcastle United 3 (Geubbels 18, Sancho 24, 55)

Lineup
- Woodman, Dalot, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett, Cuisance, Shelvey (Hayden), Murphy, Xadas, Sancho*, Geubbels

I am delighted with this win as I put out my backups and they easily beat a strong Monaco team. This win secures us as group winners.

--

v
Bournemouth 3 (Sorloth 42, 46, 56)
Newcastle United 4 (Kean 22, 35, 37, Arp 27)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles (Rodrigo Caio), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean*, Arp

We were 4-0 up and cruising and then we just stopped playing and we almost paid the price.

--

SUMMARY

This month was almost identical to the previous one as we played well and won all of our games apart from one where we got thumped 3-0 against league leaders Chelsea who have Pep Guardiola managing them.

One thing that I have noticed is that Felice D'Amico somehow is no longer a natural RW and it now says he is a LW. I find that both annoying and confusing as he has been playing AMR for the last year and a half!!! He certainly isn't playing as well or scoring as much goals as he did last term.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUCAS PAQUETA

View attachment 37964

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 37963

Still going well near the top :D Never seen that Felice D'Amico situation before though, bizarre

geronimorulli.jpg

Geronimo Rulli

DECEMBER

v
Newcastle United 4 (Kean 29, 44, Lucas Paqueta 53, Sancho 62)
Liverpool 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico (Sancho), Lucas Paqueta, Kean*, Arp (Schick)

A fantastic result and performance. Chelsea opened up a 4pt gap over us and Liverpool before the match so it was imperative that we didn't lose and we didn't as we thumped Liverpool. Having said that how Liverpool didn't score I don't know as they missed so many chances.

--

v
Newcastle United 4 (Xadas 15, Murphy 24, 32, Sancho 62)
Legia Warsaw 1 (Pazdan 69)

Lineup - Woodman, Dalot, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett, Cuisance, Shelvey, Murphy*, Xadas, Sancho, Geubbels

My backups - who have played for most of the group stagesecured our 100% record with an easy victory here. Jacob Murphy missed a penalty to deny him his hat-trick with the last kick of the game.

--

v
Watford 0
Newcastle United 3 (Schick 4, 42, 45)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Schick*

Back to back clean sheets in the league!!!! That doesn't happen often.

--

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final
v
Arsenal 2 (Til 10, Camacho 55)
Newcastle United 1 (Pellegrini 33)

Lineup
- Woodman, Yedlin (Dummett), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico (Murphy), Xadas, Sancho (Geubbels), Schick

We lose our hold on the Carabao Cup as Rafa Benitez's Arsenal defeat us luckily. Freddie Woodman made a mistake which cost us in the end.

--

v
Newcastle United 2 (Lucas Paqueta 11, Sancho 90)
Stoke City 0

Lineup - Rulli, Dalot, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Dummett), Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta*, Kean (Sancho), Schick

3 clean sheets in a row in the league!!!!! Lucas Paqueta's goal was a screamer from the edge of the area and then he played in Sancho for the 2nd.

--

v
Manchester United 5 (Mandzukic 6, Martial 37, Lingard 69, 80, 85)
Newcastle United 2 (Xadas 73, D'Amico 78)

Lineup - Rulli, Tierney, Maresic, Rodrigo Caio, Dummett, Pellegrini, Arthur (Hayden), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean (Sancho), Schick

This game was always going to be difficult but to come into it without a RB and our 1st choice CBs made it near impossible - fortunately Chelsea lost away to Everton. We conceded 5 here - Chelsea have conceded 5 all season!!!!

--

v
Newcastle United 7 (D'Amico 17, 20, 43, Lucas Paqueta 40, 55, Arp 45, Kean 90)
Brighton & Hove Albion 2 (Andone 4, 65)

Lineup - Rulli, Dalot, Rodrigo Caio, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Xadas), D'Amico*, Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Arp

We bounce back from our defeat against Man Utd with an emphatic victory here. D'Amico seems to have refound his scoring touch as he grabbed a hat-trick.

--

SUMMARY

December had more ups than downs as on the whole we played really well. We put 4 past Liverpool and Legia Warsaw, 3 past Watford and then 7 goals were scored against Brighton unfortunately however we lost out in the Carabao Cup to Arsenal who promptly sacked Rafa Benitez and Man Utd scored 5 past us to hamper our title hopes.

In the FA Cup we will play Yeovil while our draw in the Champions League sees us paired with FC Porto.

As for January I cant see much business happening as we are broke although a pre-arranged transfer will come in but even then he doesn't look that great lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FELICE D'AMICO
View attachment 37961

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 37960

Matthijs-de-Ligt-692323.jpg

Matthijs De Ligt

JANUARY

v
Newcastle United 4 (Pellegrini 12, Kean 21, Lucas Paqueta 26, Arp 66pen)
Fulham 0

Lineup - Rulli, Dalot, Rodrigo Caio (Maresic), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean*, Arp

A decent way to start the new year as we put 4 past Fulham. Fulham had a man sent-off when the penalty was given away.

--

v
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0
Newcastle United 3 (Arthur 15, Kean 31, De Ligt 50)

Lineup - Rulli, Dalot, Maresic, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur*, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean, Arp (Schick)

--

FA Cup 3rd Round
v
Newcastle United 4 (Sancho 32, Geubbels 38, 61, Xadas 86)
Yeovil Town 0

Lineup - Woodman, Dalot, Maresic, De Ligt, Dummett (Eduardo), Cuisance (Hayden), Shelvey (Stoica), Murphy, Xadas, Sancho, Geubbels*

A nice and easy win for my backups as we get through to round 4.

--

v
Newcastle United 6 (Lucas Paqueta 12, Schick 22, 35, 58, 63, Kean 45)
West Ham United 2 (Pratto 11, 26pen)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles (Maresic), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Schick*

Patrik Schick!!!! He scored 4 and assisted the other 2 goals as he put in a faultless display. He has scored in 4 league games for us and in those scoring games he has netted 3, 1, 3 and 4!!!! Pratto once again scored against us but fortunately we were better.

--

v
Southampton 2 (Ben Yedder 23, Boufal 85)
Newcastle United 4 (Schick 25, Lucas Paqueta 49, 70, Cuisance 83)

Lineup
- Rulli, Yedlin (Dummett), Maresic, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), D'Amico (Murphy), Lucas Paqueta*, Kean, Schick

We weren't at our best today but we still scored 4 goals so I have to be happy with that. Chelsea dropped points beforehand so we move level with them.

--

v
Newcastle United 6 (D'Amico 5, 30, Arthur 8pen, 50, Schick 66, 80)
Everton 2 (Richarlison 20, Bolasie 90)

Lineup
- Rulli, Dalot, Maresic, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Kean, Schick* (Arp)

Normally after a 6-2 win I would be delighted and raving about the individual performances of Arthur, D'Amico and Schick but in the end I am demoralised as Patrik Schick picked up an injury in stoppage time and is out for 5-7 months!!!

--

SUMMARY

4, 3, 4, 6, 4, 6 - that's the amount of goals we scored in each game this month which is quite incredible. Patrik Schick really came onto his game as he smashed in 7 goals during the month however no matter how good the month was the fact that Schick got injured and is out for the rest of the season really spoils the month.

There was some transfer news too during the month. I received a bid from Borussia Dortmund for Rodrigo Caio that was to good to turn down as we got an initial £33m which could rise to £38.5m which is over a £30m profit. The deal suited us down to the ground as we were potless and paying above our weekly wage budget and it also allowed me to sign a few players...……

Rodrigo Caio's replacement is Rivaldo Coetzee who joined from Sundowns for £1m. He is a cheap replacement but at the very least it is a good opportunity for the lad, we will make a large profit on him and it pushes Maresic up the pecking order a bit.
View attachment 37897

I then signed 4 regens to boost our U23 team and give ourselves a deeper squad. Schimelholz looks like a player - he came in for £3.5m and the Portuguese right back was a steal for £500,000.
View attachment 37896View attachment 37895View attachment 37894View attachment 37893

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PATRIK SCHICK

View attachment 37899

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 37898

Last edited:
[video=youtube;MkaQn5yXzcc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkaQn5yXzcc[/video]

FEBRUARY

FA Cup 4th Round
v
Huddersfield Town 2 (Ojo 2, Cairney 56)
Newcastle United 4 (Xadas 3, Geubbels 37, 48, Murphy 39)

Lineup
- Woodman, Dalot (Sampaio), Maresic, Coetzee, Dummett (Eduardo), Cuisance, Shelvey (Stoica), Murphy, Xadas, Sancho, Geubbels*

Through we go. Woodman saved a last minute penalty here and Coetzee and Sampaio made their debuts.

--

v
Leicester City 0
Newcastle United 3 (Lucas Paqueta 3, Geubbels 70, Arthur 90)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Maresic, De Ligt (Coetzee), Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur*, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Arp (Geubbels)

This is a great result but it came at a cost as Fiete Arp got injured and is out for a month which leaves me with the 2 teenagers Geubbels and Schindelholz and the veteran Andy Carroll who is rotting in the reserves for the striker position.

--

v
Newcastle United 3 (Kean 5, Lucas Paqueta 6, Geubbels 13)
Tottenham Hotspur 1 (Origi 61)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Maresic (Coetzee), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico (Xadas), Lucas Paqueta*, Kean, Geubbels (Schindelholz)

We surged into an early 3 goal lead here and then the worst possible thing happened - Geubbels went off with an injury that will keep him out for a month - and then we lost our way a bit. Gutting for Geubbels as he was just about to get a run of starts in the team.

--

v
Newcastle United 2 (Shelvey 89pen, Sancho 90)
Arsenal 0

Lineup
- Rulli, Yedlin, Maresic, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur (Shelvey), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta*, Kean (Sancho), Schindelholz

Before the match I toyed with starting Sancho on the left and moving Kean to striker but instead I went with Schindelholz up top. The game was a non-event (although in the 1st half both Arthur and Pellegrini picked up knocks) until the last minute when Schindelholz was brought down in the box and Shelvey converted the penalty and Sancho added a 2nd moments later.

--

v
Hull City 1 (Dicko 83)
Newcastle United 3 (Schindelholz 59, Arthur 81pen, Sancho 89)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin*, Lascelles, De Ligt (Maresic), Tierney, Cuisance, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Schindelholz (Musulin)

This makes it 10 wins in a row in the league while Schindelholz got his first goal for us and Matija Musulin made his debut - he impressed while on loan at Coventry and has been capped by Croatia.

--

FA Cup 5th Round
v
Newcastle United 5 (Arthur 2, Schindelholz 29, 53, Lucas Paqueta 44, Sancho 45)
Arsenal 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Sancho, Schindelholz*

A stunning performance as we destroy Arsenal to get revenge for them dumping us out of the Carabao Cup. 17y/o Benjamin Schindelholz is certainly impressing!!!

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
v
FC Porto 0
Newcastle United 3 (Kean 29, D'Amico 38, 44)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Dalot), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico*, Lucas Paqueta (Xadas), Sancho, Kean

A fine result and performance with the only downside being that D'Amico had a 3rd goal disallowed for offside (wrongly in my opinion) when he volleyed in first time from an angle.

--

v
Newcastle United 4 (Schindelholz 7, Kean 44, Lucas Paqueta 45, Lascelles 49)
Manchester City 3 (Bernardo Silva 3, 57, Guerreiro 87)

Lineup
- Rulli, Yedlin (Dalot), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico (Sancho), Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Schindelholz

We fell behind early on here but quickly levelled when Schindelholz powered in a screamer and then he assisted Kean for the 2nd and we quickly added a 3rd and the 4th came within a few minutes of the 2nd half starting. Then we collapsed a bit and we just managed to hang on!

--

SUMMARY

This month was great for us as we won every match so I have no complaints!!!! In the league the highlight was the 4-3 victory over Man City but overall our best performance was the 5-0 thrashing of Arsenal in the FA Cup.

What makes our form all the more impressive is that for most of the month I was without my first 3 strikers - Schick, Arp and Geubbels - so 17y/o Schindelholz, just recently signed, came in and really impressed and his goal against Man City won the goal of the month award!!!

Looking at the league table we are 6pts clear with 10 games to go so we have it in our hands.

As for the youth intake I got one good player and he is this Italian central midfielder....
View attachment 37766

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUCAS PAQUETA
View attachment 37767

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 37765

Last edited:
847989516.0.jpg

MARCH

v
Burnley 1 (Hendrick 39)
Newcastle United 4 (Arthur 13, Schindelholz 23, 73, Lucas Paqueta 27)

Lineup
- Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Vrij (Maresic), Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Schindelholz*

Burnley are 2nd bottom of the table and without a manager so were never likely to cause us a problem. Geubbels and Arp are back to fitness now but Schindelholz keeps scoring so he keeps playing!!!

--

v
Newcastle United 4 (Lascelles 20, Lucas Paqueta 32, 35, Schindelholz 52)
Chelsea 0

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta*, Kean, Schindelholz (Arp)

Wonderful!!!! We gain revenge of our defeat earlier in the season by smashing 4 past Chelsea here and it basically means the title is ours as we are now 9pts clear.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
v
Newcastle United 1 (Reyes 58og)
FC Porto 1 (Rui Pedro 68)
(Agg: 4-1)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Dalot), Lascelles, Maresic, Tierney, Cuisance (Hayden), Shelvey, Murphy, Xadas*, Sancho, Arp (Geubbels)

--

FA Cup Quarter-Final

v
Newcastle United 2 (Arp 40, Geubbels 88)
Liverpool 3 (Gomez 16, Lovren 83, Oxlade-Chamberlain 120)
AET

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Xadas), Lascelles (Maresic), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico (Sancho), Lucas Paqueta*, Kean, Arp (Geubbels)

Our hold of the FA Cup is over as after winning it for the last 2 years, Liverpool dump us out somehow despite us being dominant from start to finish but we missed so many chances. Gutted.

--

SUMMARY

March was a quiet month that started off brilliantly with big victories against Burnley and Chelsea which pretty much secured our title and then we drew with Porto in a nothing game before shockingly being knocked out of the FA Cup by Liverpool in a game that we deserved to win. In the semis Liverpool will play Brentford FFS!!!!!

We are 1pt away from finding out our budget for next season and only a couple of wins away from retaining the title but my focus now is on the Champions League and we have Man Utd in the quarter-finals.

Man City, Burnley and Everton all sacked their managers this month. Niko Kovac will be Man Citys new manager.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
BENJAMIN SCHINDELHOLZ
View attachment 37661
(only because Lucas Paqueta is winning too many lol - although it was close)

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 37660

Last edited:
jacob_murphy_of_newcastle_united_looks_dejected_during_the_premi_719667.jpg

APRIL

v
Newcastle United 3 (Shelvey 27pen, Sancho 77, Lascelles 86)
Bournemouth 0

Lineup
- Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles*, Maresic, Dummett, Pellegrini, Shelvey, Murphy (Sancho), Xadas (Cuisance), Kean, Schindelholz (Geubbels)

I rested a few players for the upcoming Champions League match but we still got the win to secure Champions League football. Lascelles has scored in 3 of the last 4 league games!!!! Our starting budget for next season is £76m but already I can extend it by £20m which is food for thought.....

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
v
Manchester United 0
Newcastle United 2 (Sancho 23, Murphy 87)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt (Coetzee), Tierney, Cuisance (Shelvey), Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta (Murphy), Sancho*, Kean

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

We were decimated for this game. Schindelholz and Dalot were unavailable while Schick, Arp, Geubbels, Pellegrini and Xadas were all injured while Lucas Paqueta probably shouldn't have started but we were magnificent as Sancho scored a screamer to give us the opener and then they had Bentaleb sent-off and after that it was all about game management. Murphy added the 2nd late on which could be crucial.

--

v
Liverpool 6 (Belotti 5, Salah 19, 38, 41, Henderson 58, Wijnaldum 90)
Newcastle United 3 (Schindelholz 37, Toure 70, Sancho 78)

Lineup
- Rulli, Dalot, Lascelles, De Ligt, Dummett, Cuisance (Hayden),
Shelvey, Murphy (Toure), Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Schindelholz

Liverpool do us again!!!! To be fair I rested several players for the next match and you can see by the fact that Hayden and Toure made an appearance meant that it was a free hit for us giving our lead. However conceding 6 goals wasn't in the plan! Shelvey got sent-off in stoppage time so I cant blame him either.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg

v
Newcastle United 0
Manchester United 1 (Lingard 68)
(Agg: 2-1)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, Maresic, Tierney, Cuisance, Arthur (Shelvey), D'Amico (Murphy), Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Arp (Geubbels)

We did just enough here as we go through by a goal. When the draw was made I wouldn't have thought that we would win by 2 and keep a clean sheet in the away leg and then lose at home without scoring but there you go!! D'Amico got injured and is out for a month or so.

--

v
Newcastle United 6 (Murphy 5, 18, 68pen, Kean 24, Lucas Paqueta 33, Pellegrini 90)
Watford 1 (Penaranda 78)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin (Dalot), Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, Murphy*, Lucas Paqueta (Cuisance), Kean, Schindelholz (Geubbels)

A fantastic victory as Jacob Murphy netted a hat-trick but there was bad news as Lucas Paqueta is out for a month which is a massive blow.

--

v
West Bromwich Albion 1 (Sanabria 32)
Newcastle United 2 (Kean 11, Arthur 78pen)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt (Maresic), Dummett, Pellegrini, Arthur, Murphy, Xadas, Kean*, Arp (Schindelholz)

We weren't at our fluent best here but we got the job done thanks to a late penalty. Lascelles had a goal disallowed just before Kean gave us the lead.

--

v
Arsenal 2 (Tonny Vilhena 68, Podence 90)
Newcastle United 1 (Arthur 33)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Dummett, Pellegrini, Arthur, Murphy (Geubbels), Xadas, Kean (Sancho), Arp (Schindelholz)

This is annoying. I was over eager with the space bar so played the same team twice in a row so I may have players knackered for the semi coming up. Arp missed a penalty at 1-0 that would have secured victory too. I am pretty ****** off tbh but we have a 3pt lead with 3 games to play and have a slightly better goal difference.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
v
Real Madrid 3 (Mane 5, Isco 18, Kovacic 20)
Newcastle United 1 (Arp 25)

Lineup
- Rulli, Yedlin (Dalot), Lascelles (Maresic), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Cuisance), Murphy, Xadas, Kean, Arp

Oh what could have been!!! For the first 20min we were pathetic but after that we more than matched Real and should have scored more than the one that we did manage. Hopefully the away goal will come into use but its a big ask.

--

SUMMARY

This was not a good month as we lost 3 games and from a position where the league title was all but won we now have a question mark over our claim for the title and we also lost to Real Madrid in the first leg of the Champions League semi. In all we lost 4 games this month and we probably have lost that amount all season!!!

We go into the final month knowing that if Chelsea don't slip up we need to get something against Man Utd at home and in the Champions League we have a 2 goal deficit to overhaul at home against Real Madrid.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JACOB MURPHY

View attachment 37560

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 37559

Last edited:
jonjo_shelvey.jpg

MAY

v
Brighton & Hove Albion 0
Newcastle United 2 (Toure 43, Schindelholz 61)

Lineup - Rulli, Dalot, Maresic (De Ligt), Coetzee, Dummett (Tierney), Hayden (Arthur), Shelvey, Toure, Stoica, Sancho, Schindelholz

With us being 3pts ahead and with a superior goal difference I took a risk and rested my team to play Real Madrid and the risk came off as we earned a comfortable victory over lowly Brighton.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
v
Newcastle United 0
Real Madrid 1 (Mertens 62pen)
(Agg: 1-4)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Maresic, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur (Shelvey), Murphy, Xadas, Kean, Arp (Geubbels)

Our Champions League dreams are over as we are edged out on the night despite putting in a good performance. Part of me thinks that if I had my full strength side we could have caused an upset.

--

v
Newcastle United 1 (Xadas 78)
Manchester United 2 (Sanchez 36, Martial 37)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Maresic, De Ligt, Tierney (Dummett), Shelvey, Arthur, Murphy (Geubbels), Xadas, Kean, Arp (Schindelholz)

Oh oh - with defeat here and Chelsea winning we go into the final match of the season level on points with Chelsea but with a 1 goal advantage on goal difference so its basically a shoot-out on the final day. We are away against Stoke and Chelsea are away to Leicester.

--

v
Stoke City 1 (Maresic 30og)
Newcastle United 3 (Shelvey 6, 31, Kean 9)

Lineup - Rulli, Yedlin, Maresic, De Ligt (Coetzee), Tierney, Shelvey*, Arthur, Murphy (Geubbels), Xadas, Kean, Arp (Schindelholz)

CHAMPIONS!!!!!

In the end Chelsea drew with Leicester so there was no need for a rush on goals. In the end we got a decent win and for Shelvey to score twice is a rare occurrence!!! Moise Kean's goal makes him overtake Lucas Paqueta as our top scorer for the season.

--

SUMMARY

The end of the season didn't go according to plan!!!! Sure we won the title but it was a lot closer than it should have been and we exited the Champions League to Real Madrid.

I am left feeling slightly peeved as I honestly feel that if we didn't suffer so many injuries we would have fared better. Here is our list as the season ended...…
View attachment 37463

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JONJO SHELVEY
View attachment 37462

Last edited:
END OF SEASON POST

This season was extremely successful yet it was less successful than last term as we only won the league and the 2 minor cup competitions - the Community Shield and the European Super Cup. In the league we scored an incredible 126 goals and were running away with the league but towards the end of the season we suffered a load of injuries and our form suffered and we almost threw the championship away.

In the domestic cups we lost out in the quarter-finals in both giving up our hold on both cups. In the Champions League we won all of our group games, disposed of Porto and Man Utd but Real Madrid beat my injury ravaged side in both matches.

My squad moved forward though - as expected with such a young side. All of my backups got a decent amount of games which helped them develop greatly and the likes of Sancho, Schindelholz, Geubbels and Maresic greatly impressed when called upon with Schindelholz being a major surprise.

In other news the board have announced that St.James Park will be expanded to a 60,000 capacity.

--

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 37432

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

View attachment 37431
View attachment 37430

Goalkeepers - Woodman only got 10 games as we had really tough cup games but Rulli did well and has established himself as one of the best in the world.

Defenders - Lascelles stood out with his 5 goals and an improved rating. De Ligt, Yedlin and Tierney were solid but a special shout out goes to on loan right back Diogo Dalot who was excellent.

Midfielders - Firstly Pellegrini and Arthur were very good as expected. Arthur got into double figures in goals while Pellegrini vastly improved. On the right D'Amico did have a poorer season but he was still very good and he earned a call up to the Italy squad. On the left Moise Kean was excellent again although he scored less and his understudy Jadon Sancho was amazing in his first season for us.

However by far and away our best player of the season was Lucas Paqueta. He solved the AMC problem and with an astonishing average rating of 8.10 means he had the best individual season rating wise I have had in FM18. I just wish I had signed him in other saves having seen him perform here.

Forwards - They all had a shot!!! Arp did ok but was nothing special, Patrik Schick was amazing but he missed the 2nd half of the season with an injury, Schindelholz - a squad filler signing in January - all of a sudden came into the side due to injuries and he couldn't stop scoring while Geubbels made several appearances and did well.

Player of the Year - Lucas Paqueta
Young Player of the Year - Benjamin Schindelholz
Surprise of the Year - Benjamin Schindelholz
Donkey of the Year - Andy Carroll

--

SUMMER PLANS

I have 1 surprising transfer both in and out arranged but I plan to sell a few squad players and hopefully bring in a few quality players to push my first XI. To be honest apart from maybe at CB I haven't got a first team pick who needs replaced.

Well done on winning the title! Shame about the CL :(

PRE-SEASON POST

I am not totally happy with how my pre-season has went. I had plans to bring in a few players - especially English ones - to strengthen my squad but I was forced to sign a player earlier than I had planned so my summer plans were in turmoil. I had planned to sign the likes of Raheem Sterling (£20m), a CB, Ryan Sessegnon (moved to Man City for £20m+) and a regen RB (moved to Man City for £28m) but I spent £151m on two players so I didn't have much room for manoeuvre.

So in the end I have sold one first team shoe in, let one go out on loan, sold two squad players and brought in two of the best young players in the world that would be described as franchise players in America so here is what we have done in the transfer market.

--

PLAYERS OUT

I recouped over £80m in transfer fees. It is a sad farewell to Paul Dummett who joined Wolves for £15.5m. He wanted a new challenge and I was happy to let him go as I don't need him for registration rules anymore. He made 66 appearances for me and was a solid backup.

Isaac Hayden has also left. Never a first team pick or even a first pick as a substitute, he left to join Crystal Palace for £4.6m. He played 35 times for me and scored 5 goals.

The final player leaving on a permanent deal was my goalkeeper Geronimo Rulli who joined PSG for £60m. They offered me £47m but I offered him for £60m which they accepted and I was left thinking that I should have said £80m!!!! He played 104 times for us and was very good but I had in mind a better replacement which is revealed below.

Out on loan went several reserve players but the most notable one was Fiete Arp who despite being top scorer for us 2 seasons ago, being a German international and having won the European Golden Boy award, could only find a loan move to Derby in the CHAMPIONSHIP when I made him available!!!!! He was only let go because I had a replacement coming in but surely he will rip the Championship to shreds.

Other notable loans were my regen keeper Convery joining Spurs as a key player and Schindelholz joined Udinese while I released Andy Carroll.

--

PLAYERS IN

View attachment 37298
First of all my first signing and one I had planned for a while providing I sold Rulli and that is the arrival of
Gianluigi Donnarumma from AC Milan for £61m which was his release clause. To sell Rulli for £1m less and replace him with Donnarumma is an unbelievable piece of business and Donnarumma will be a key part of the team for years to come. He also has plenty of fellow Italians in the dressing room with Pellegrini, Kean, D'Amico and another signing who broke the transfer record that Donnarumma set...…..

View attachment 37297
Pietro Pellegri
came in from AS Monaco for £90m!!!!!!! I had planned to sign him next summer but Man City made a move for him and I couldn't let them ****** him up so my summer plans went up in the air as I broke the bank to sign Pellegri. At 19y/o he can only get better and will add to my Italian spine alongside the others. He better repay my faith in him straight away!!!

The only other player to come in for the first team was
Andrew Robertson from Liverpool for £7.25m to replace Paul Dummett as my backup LB. This means I have both of Scotland's left backs and arguably their best 2 players!!!!
View attachment 37296

My other signings were all regens who came in for a total of £3.15m. Petkovic looks to be the star turn amongst them.....
View attachment 37295View attachment 37294View attachment 37293View attachment 37292View attachment 37291

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

Because I shot my load so early budget wise I have been forced to promote some U23s into the squad. Santisteban, Stoica and Sampaio are all now part of the first team squad.

In other news I rejected the chance to manage Spain, Italy and Holland and I also rejected an astonishing £61m bid for my current 3rd choice striker Willem Geubbels from Monaco. If the bid arrived before I signed Pellegri I probably would have accepted it but considering he is only valued at £10m I think we could maybe get more in the future - the bar has been set.

Pietro-Pellegri-597750.jpg

Pietro Pellegri

AUGUST

FA Community Shield
v
Newcastle United 4 (Sancho 2, 66, Pellegri 53, 90)
Southampton 1 (Neto 11)

Lineup - Woodman, Sampaio, Maresic, Coetzee, Robertson, Santisteban, Shelvey, Murphy (Toure), Xadas (Stoica), Sancho, Pellegri*

I decided to play my backups where possible but it was our new record signing, Pietro Pellegri, who was the star of the show as he scored 2 and assisted the other 2 goals.

--

v
Newcastle United 3 (Pellegri 6, 18, Kean 26)
Swansea City 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico (Murphy), Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Pellegri*

A perfect start - Pellegri gets a double, Donnarumma gets a clean sheet and Schick returns from his long term injury.

--

v
Watford 0
Newcastle United 4 (Lucas Paqueta 7, D'Amico 27, Schick 63, 88)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Robertson), Pellegrini, Arthur (Shelvey), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Schick*

A great away performance and Patrik Schick was immense as he came in for the injured Pellegri and he picked up where he left off last season.

--

v
Newcastle United 3 (Pellegri 33, D'Amico 36, Lucas Paqueta 77)
Southampton 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles (Maresic), De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Shelvey), Arthur, D'Amico*, Lucas Paqueta, Kean, Pellegri (Schick)

A convincing victory as once again we overpower a side with over 30 shots but it seems this season we are not going to concede many.

--

SUMMARY

As far as starts of seasons go this start has been nigh on perfect! We won the Community Shield and our opening 3 games all fairly easily, scored 14 and conceded 0!!!!

It seems that my big problem for this season will be choosing my striker between Pellegri and Schick. At £90m Pellegri's fee alone demands him being picked but Schick has been immense and only a bad injury has curtailed his development with us - even Real Madrid are interested in him!!! In saying all of that I have Willem Geubbels who cant even get on the bench and I rejected a £61m bid for him in the summer!!!!!

Our perfect start to the season was sweetened by our Champions League draw as we got a very favourable group with Valencia, Ajax and Rostov.

Finally regarding the transfer window here are the key signings - Man City spent £275m!!!!!

Chelsea - Zielinski, Cavani, Sterling, De Vrij
Liverpool - Areola, Driussi, Scarpa
Man City - Dolberg, Bruma, Lallana, Sessegnon, Guedes
Man Utd - Umtiti, Andre Silva
Tottenham - Mahrez, Muto (my former striker for £44m!)
Wolves - Mayoral

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PIETRO PELLEGRI
View attachment 37229

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 37228

Jadon-Sancho-696x463.jpg

Jadon Sancho

SEPTEMBER

v
Manchester City 2 (Bailey 2, Lallana 8)
Newcastle United 2 (D'Amico 55, Geubbels 76)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Sampaio, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Robertson), Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Pellegri (Geubbels)

The international break didn't do us any favours as both Schick and Yedlin are out for about a month. The first half was a nightmare as we went 2-0 down within 8min but after giving the players a rollocking they bounced back and could have won it in the end.

--

UEFA Champions League Group G
v
Newcastle United 3 (Xadas 23, Sancho 25, Geubbels 68)
Ajax 2 (Spalvis 4, Blind 84)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Sampaio, Lascelles (Maresic), De Ligt, Robertson*, Santisteban, Arthur (Stoica), D'Amico, Xadas, Sancho, Pellegri (Geubbels)

I rested a few players here and the risk paid off as we got the win. Santisteban is really developing nicely.

--

v
Newcastle United 3 (Lucas Paqueta 13, 85, Geubbels 58)
Liverpool 0

Lineup - Donnarumma, Sampaio, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Robertson), Pellegrini, Arthur (Santisteban), D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta*, Kean, Geubbels

Liverpool came into this game with a 100% record but we ended that here. They had Joe Gomez sent-off just before half-time which helped.

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
v
Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 (Santos 90)
Newcastle United 4 (Sancho 19, 25, Cuisance 40, Conway 70)

Lineup - Woodman, Sampaio, Maresic, Coetzee, Robertson, Cuisance, Shelvey, Murphy (Conway), Xadas (Stoica), Sancho*, Geubbels (Toure)

A great result as my backups do a great job here. Cuisance scored on his return from injury but Geubbels got injured here and is out for a month.

--

v
Arsenal 1 (Hoedt 77)
Newcastle United 0

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Sampaio, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney (Robertson), Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico (Murphy), Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Pellegri

We just didn't turn up here and Arsenal fully deserved their victory.

--

v
FC Rostov 1 (Eder 78)
Newcastle United 12 (Pellegri 10, 27, 45pen, 61, 65, 90, Sancho 16, 37, Murphy 19, 46, 81, Santisteban 71)

Lineup - Woodman, Sampaio, Maresic, Coetzee,
Robertson, Cuisance (Santisteban), Shelvey (Stoica), Murphy, Lucas Paqueta (Tierney), Sancho, Pellegri*

WOW!!!!!

Forget the fact that we scored 12 goals or even the fact that we still scored 4 goals after Robertson got sent-off as the performance of Pietro Pellegri was the best I have ever seen as he scored 6 goals and got 4 assists!!!!!

And this was a backup side too - apart from Lucas Paqueta and Pellegri,

--

SUMMARY

September was a very tough month fixture wise in the league as we faced Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal with 2 of the games away from home and we got 4pts out of the 9 available which was the minimum acceptable amount.

The cups however were a different story as my squad players came in and put four past Wolves in the Carabao Cup and in the Champions League we beat Ajax 3-2 before humiliating FC Rostov 12-1!!!!!

Hopefully next month we can kick on and get back to the top of the table.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JADON SANCHO

View attachment 37152

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 37151

xadas-2000x1333.jpg

Xadas

OCTOBER

v
Newcastle United 5 (Pellegri 11pen, D'Amico 15, Lucas Paqueta 19, Arthur 42, Lascelles 53)
Crystal Palace 2 (Fassnacht 27, Zeneli 90)

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Sampaio, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Cuisance), Arthur*, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta, Kean (Sancho), Pellegri

We follow our 12 goal haul in Russia with another 5 here and it could have been more as Pellegri had a goal disallowed.

--

v
West Ham United 1 (Felipe Anderson 48)
Newcastle United 4 (Kean 17, 80, Lucas Paqueta 24, 59)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt (Maresic), Tierney, Pellegrini (Santisteban), Arthur, D'Amico (Murphy), Lucas Paqueta*, Kean, Pellegri

Another good performance and finally we saw Moise Kean back amongst the goals. Lucas Paqueta and D'Amico picked up injuries though.

--

v
Valencia 2 (Zaza 64, Fischer 67)
Newcastle United 0

Lineup
- Donnarumma, Sampaio, Lascelles, De Ligt, Pellegrini, Arthur (Stoica), Murphy, Xadas (Shelvey), Kean (Schick), Pellegri

Fair play to Valencia - they outplayed us and go top of the group with a 100% record while we go back home to lick our wounds and plan our revenge.

--

v
Newcastle United 3 (Pellegri 15, 38pen, Schick 75)
West Bromwich Albion 2 (Pasalic 3, Silva 83)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt, Tierney, Pellegrini (Shelvey), Arthur, Murphy, Xadas (Cuisance), Kean (Schick), Pellegri*

WBA put up a decent fight here and took the lead through a screamer but our superior quality shone through as Pellegri masterminded the win with 2 goals and an assist.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
v

Newcastle United 2 (Murphy 12, Conway 69)
Sheffield Wednesday 2 (Mavdidi 2, Woodrow 30)
(AET - Newcastle United won 4-3 on penalties)

Lineup - Woodman, Sampaio, Maresic, Coetzee (Delmas), Robertson, Cuisance, Shelvey (Santisteban), Murphy, Xadas, Robson (Conway), Schick

We just scrape through here although in normal time we could and should have scored 5 or 6.

--

v
Bournemouth 2 (Gray 1, Aketxe 56)
Newcastle United 2 (D'Amico 18, Lucas Paqueta 20)

Lineup - Donnarumma, Yedlin, Lascelles, De Ligt (Maresic), Tierney, Pellegrini, Arthur, D'Amico, Lucas Paqueta*, Sancho (Xadas), Pellegri (Geubbels)

A disappointing result as De Ligt had a nightmare and gifted them their goals. We almost won it in stoppage time but we hit the bar.

--

SUMMARY

This month was kinda indifferent as we just couldn't get really going. Valencia beat us in Europe, Sheff Wed held us in the Carabao Cup and Bournemouth took a point off us in the league. Personally I think its due to the amount of injuries that we have suffered. I have a squad full of quality players so it is always nice to give other players a chance but with so much chopping and changing performances have dropped a little.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUCAS PAQUETA

View attachment 37109

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 37108

Last edited: