Newcastle United v Sunderland

Who will come out on top in the North East derby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Who needs Ba; we got Best
Reaction score
Newcastle United v Sunderland

Date: Sunday 31st October 2010 - Kick Off: 13:30 - Stadium: St.James' Park​

View attachment 111602 v View attachment 111599

Is it on TV? Yes: Sky Sports 1 and HD1

The deadliest rival in the North East, rather fittingly scheduled on Halloween. Newcastle fans used to gloat that they had the better team but since their relegation to the Championship, the tables have turned. Both sides have enjoyed above average starts to the season, Sunderland 7th and Newcastle 9th. It ensures to be a tight game at St James' Park, home of many fierce rival matches.

Newcastle:

Chris Hughton has come under fire this week after a 4-0 defeat against Arsenal in the Carling Cup and he will be looking to prove that Newcastle's sudden diabolical home form, can be turned around in the most critical of all matches. Newcastle have not won at home in four matches, games including Blackpool and Wigan. It has been a frustrating time for the Toon Army faithful. In-form Kevin Nolan and Andy Carroll are expected to start and Tim Krul will continue in goal despite his own goal against Arsenal mid-week. Steven Taylor will not start as he has not yet recovered from a shoulder injury and Campbell will not play either.

Sunderland:

Fraizer Campbell is out but Sunderland have a mainly fit team. Richardson returns from a shoulder injury. David Meyler will not make the squad and is still recovering from an injury. Steve Bruce's side have done well this season, with Darren Bent leading the line for the Mackems. They have taken 12 points from 27 and will look to continue their decent form. Ahmed Elmohamady is now fit to play.

I am predicting:

Newcastle 1-1 Sunderland (Carroll, Bent)

I don't think we'll win but we should be strong enough to hold out for a draw, as long as James Perch doesn't play!

Last edited:
pretty sure I put this down as a 1-0 Sunderland in the predictions :p

sorry newcastle fans

x :p

Newcastle 2 - 1 Sunderland

Hope it's the other way around though.

Im really looking forward to this game, i think Sunderland will win 3-2. A cracker of a game.

2-1 Sunderland, Henderson to be man of the match.

Ps. I was gonna make this thread, you beat me to it :'(

got a funny feeling about Newcastle winning this one about 1-0 scrappy game

I predict a draw, both teams are doing well and may just cancel each other out. I'll go with 2-2

Off topic: Seeing the title of the thread reminded me of the time tony made that thread about newcastle reserves v Sunderland reserves and tried to claim it one of the biggest matches of the season. haha.

2-1 Sunderland, Henderson to be man of the match.

Ps. I was gonna make this thread, you beat me to it :'(

Sorry mate. :D

Hope I wasn't too biased in the OP. ;)

Good luck Sunderland fans. I am personally looking forward to the banter on Sunday. :wub:

0-1 Down to an early Bramble goal, then a Shola second half hat-trick, and a goal from Perch to wrap it up.

2-1 for Sunderland with Darren Bent scoring the winner at the 90th minute.

Newcastle 2 - 0 Sunderland

Although, I do hope I'm wrong as I would like a Sunderland win, but I can see Newcastle winning this, and not being troubled that much.

Both goals to come in the second half.

Sorry mate. :D

Hope I wasn't too biased in the OP. ;)

Good luck Sunderland fans. I am personally looking forward to the banter on Sunday. :wub:

Don't you live in Cambridge..?

Surely there will be no mackems..?

Status
Not open for further replies.