Newcastle United v Sunderland

Who will come out on top in the North East derby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bramble and Perch to score? What a game that would be! |)

It's law for ex-Newcastle players to score against us, for Ameobi to score against the mackems and for a bad Newcastle player to score too (Luque in the 4-1 for example)

3-2 Newcastle. Can see there being a sending off or 2. Carroll, Ameobi and Lovenkrands to get the goals, with Bent and Bramble.

i've got an odd feeling that we wont win the game and it'll probably end as a draw (1-1). hopefully im wrong though

2-1 Sunderland, I got a funny feeling that Jordan Henderson will finally step up for Sunderland in this game

Slightly updated OP with others who are/are not playing.

2-1 Sunderland, I got a funny feeling that Jordan Henderson will finally step up for Sunderland in this game

I may be being bias, but I would say he has already 'stepped up'. After all, it looks like he's gonna make the England squad next month.

I would cry with laughter if Titus Bramble scored. XD

I may be being bias, but I would say he has already 'stepped up'. After all, it looks like he's gonna make the England squad next month.

I would cry with laughter if Titus Bramble scored. XD

I'd just cry.

I think we'll win this just. 2-1. Jonas will be to good for Onouha.

I think we'll win this just. 2-1. Jonas will be to good for Onouha.

I think your main threat is without doubt your left side but Onouha and Elmohammady are very good, both have pace and Onouha is very strong.

At the same time I think whoever plays left wing for us (Welbeck or Zenden) will have Perch/Simpson especially as Malbraque will drift wing-to-wing.

It'll certainly be an interesting game and I'd take a draw.

I reckon it'll be 2-2. Carrol and Nolan for the scum - Bent and Bramble(please) for us.

Sadly for Newcastle fans, i feel Sunderland are solid with their 4-5-1 formation and i can't see them breaking it down. With Britain's leading marksman and a world cup star on the bench, i'll have to go

Sunderland 2-0 Newcastle

Goals from Bent and Malbranque

Simpson is quality, Perch is ***** though, hopefully he is dropped.

Simpson is quality, Perch is ***** though, hopefully he is dropped.

When Simpson was on loan at us in the Champ. he looked good going forward but not too good defensively, having said that it was about 4/5 years ago.

He's definitely improved under Chris Hughton, very good attacking and defending. A definite future England star imo.

And we haven't conceded in 3 games.

We are on a 7 match unbeaten run including City, Utd, Arsenal, Villa and Liverpool.

And our bench on Saturday had Britain's most expensive goal keeper (Gordon), the captain (Da Silva) and one of the key players (Cristian Riveros) to Paraguay who reached the Qtr Finals of the World Cup. The captain of Ghana (Mensah) who, arguably, deserved to get into the Semi-finals of the World Cup. And their top scorer and world player of the year shortlisted player (Gyan). And brother the the cpatin of England (A. Ferdinand). If that isn't strength in depth I honestly don't know what is.

With the Americans money, Sunderland have the potential to go top 10 at the very least, if not Europa league.

Think, 10-15 years ago, roles were reversed. Newcastle were one of the big teams and Sunderland were fighting relagation.

Status
Not open for further replies.