Newcastle United Vs Arsenal (Premier League)

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I don't care about the result. I just think there will be a few red cards/broken legs.

And Barton is still a huuuuge herrro! :D

he was, for u , a hero that brought N. Castle back in the EPL.

but he sure is an unprofessional douche

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

JackWilshereJack Wilshere

Maybe Gerviniho should not have reacted like he did as two wrongs dont make a right but barton was unprofessional!

There is giving a ****, and then there is what he did today.

Did he stamp on someone?! Oh wait.. no...

Hypothetical situation, if Barton had also got sent off and Newcastle had gone on to lose, would you still be calling him a hero?

Yeah, because he's a Newcastle player, and I loves all of them.. apart from Leon Best, he's woeful. I was expecting us to lose today anyway, but, we didn't, we got a point, you dropped two, in the grand scheme of things. You're also going to be without one of your best players for three games, while you have lost your two best players as well, talk about timing. You can't put all the blame on Barton, you have to take responsibility for your own actions, or your own players actions, although thats the standard Arsenal way isn't it? It's never our fault.

No need. Barton is a good footballer, with a personality, I would rather our teams was full of players that actually give a **** about the club than a bunch of robots.

I bet most 'high profile' players, if they had been through the stuff he has been through this summer, they wouldn't be playing for their team, and if they did, I bet they wouldn't be putting in 110%.

Playing for their team? 110%? He was absolutely terrible today.

TBH Dunc, apart from the controversy, he was pretty average and his deliveries were utterly pants.

However, Arsenal were masters of their own decline

Is it not important to note that the "stuff he's been through this summer" is largely through his own making? He knows full-well that the stuff he said was against his contract - as Pardew said pre-match... He has to take the consequences which is a fine and whatever else the manager deems necessary. What does he do instead? Whine about it on twitter again.

True, but that doesn't negate the fact that many players, if brought back into a team after such things have gone on, won't play as well as before said things happened.

Take Fabregas for example. Last season he was shocking, Season before he was amazing.. might have been something to do with him wanting to leave and join Barcelona?

Playing for their team? 110%? He was absolutely terrible today.

Granted, he wasn't at his best, but he still put his all into it. Every player can have an off day.

TBH Dunc, apart from the controversy, he was pretty average and his deliveries were utterly pants.

However, Arsenal were masters of their own decline

Still played better than anyone else we could have played, until we get HBA back.

Did he stamp on someone?! Oh wait.. no...
No idea what the f**k Song was playing at with that. Obviously learnt nothing from what happened with Diaby last season.

I was expecting us to lose today anyway, but, we didn't, we got a point, you dropped two, in the grand scheme of things. You can't put all the blame on Barton, you have to take responsibility for your own actions, or your own players actions, although thats the standard Arsenal way isn't it? It's never our fault.
I don't feel like we dropped two in all honesty. We never looked likely to win and tbh after the sending off a loss wouldn't of been a big shock. We just weren't good enough today anywhere other than in defence. I don't blame Barton for us not winning because even with 11 on I don't think we would of. Just think what he did was an absolute dog act, just because he thought Gervinho dove, doesn't mean he can take the law into his hands.

Last edited:
True, but that doesn't negate the fact that many players, if brought back into a team after such things have gone on, won't play as well as before said things happened.

Take Fabregas for example. Last season he was shocking, Season before he was amazing.. might have been something to do with him wanting to leave and join Barcelona?

Last season Fabregas wasnt as good by his standards, and yet was still pretty good during the season.

Barton ran around fist pumping, scrapping and shouting, and played like a damp squib

When does HBA return?

No idea what the f**k Song was playing at with that. Obviously learnt nothing from what happened with Diaby last season.

I don't feel like we dropped two in all honesty. We never looked likely to win and tbh after the sending off a loss wouldn't of been a big shock. We just weren't good enough today anywhere other than in defence.

Agreed with your first point.

Fair enough if you feel a draw was an ok result. I just figured if you wanted to get top four, you would be expecting to beat teams like us, but it was away, and we do seem to play a lot better at home, with our '12th man'.

To be fair, a draw would've been the most fair result. So, I don't know what the **** you all are ranting about... Game is over, **** happens, move on. We have a crucial match to **** up against Udinese in three days.

Fabregas wasnt as good by his standards, and yet was still pretty good during the season.

Barton ran around fist pumping, scrapping and shouting, and played like a damp squib

When does HBA return?

A few weeks I hear.

Thing is about Barton, that's just part of his game, if he plays for you, you will love him, if he doesn't, you will think hes a ***. No doubt he spends allot of time aggravating the opposition, but I would rather he played his natural game, than restrict him, obviously you can ask him to calm it down, but when he's on form, he can be really, really good. Still, at many places he gets a bad deal, at wolves last season for example, sometimes he doesn't help himself, but then again sometimes teams go out there to just wind him up.

Agreed with your first point.

Fair enough if you feel a draw was an ok result. I just figured if you wanted to get top four, you would be expecting to beat teams like us, but it was away, and we do seem to play a lot better at home, with our '12th man'.

Obviously we would rather beat you, but TBH - after all the talk and the pre-season we've had, a draw was hardly surprising. IF that was mid-season, it would have been considered a decent result because SJP is a difficult place for any side to go - let alone us when you've got a midfield consisting of Cheik Tiote and Joey Barton (I'm not talking about their technical quality ;))

Don't think there's an Arsenal fan on the planet who doesn't think Song was a mong for stamping on Barton, unprovoked. Or that Gervinho shouldn't have reacted, but the point most were making is that Barton was also a disgrace, especially with his post-match comments.

A few weeks I hear.

Thing is about Barton, that's just part of his game, if he plays for you, you will love him, if he doesn't, you will think hes a ***. No doubt he spends allot of time aggravating the opposition, but I would rather he played his natural game, than restrict him, obviously you can ask him to calm it down, but when he's on form, he can be really, really good. Still, at many places he gets a bad deal, at wolves last season for example, sometimes he doesn't help himself, but then again sometimes teams go out there to just wind him up.

Totally agreed on the latter part, what happened at Wolves was a disgrace, and Song was a **** today, and fully deserves his incoming ban

Obviously we would rather beat you, but TBH - after all the talk and the pre-season we've had, a draw was hardly surprising. IF that was mid-season, it would have been considered a decent result because SJP is a difficult place for any side to go - let alone us when you've got a midfield consisting of Cheik Tiote and Joey Barton (I'm not talking about their technical quality ;))

Don't think there's an Arsenal fan on the planet who doesn't think Song was a mong for stamping on Barton, unprovoked. Or that Gervinho shouldn't have reacted, but the point most were making is that Barton was also a disgrace, especially with his post-match comments.

I don't think it makes any of them a disgrace tbh. Granted Song did something he doesn't normally do, I imagine, he doesn't seem that kind of player, but indeed, it was a rather stupid thing to do.

Gervinho, again, doesn't seem like the kind of player to get caught up in things, and Barton shouldn't have done what he did, but at the end of the day, you need to take responsibility for your own actions, I am sure after the match he will have seen his actions on the TV, and regretted doing it.

Barton just needs to keep his mouth shut off the pitch, I have no problem with him being a *** on the pitch, as because, like I have already mentioned, it's part of his game, but he just needs to delete his twitter, and stop doing interviews for a bit, for two reasons: 1) he's pretty thick, 2) people are out to wind him up anyway, the easiest way is to do it online where you can pretend to be anyone.

End of the day, all three players need to have a sharp look at themselves.

Also, doesn't Tiote have a properly sexy round head?

A few weeks I hear.

I said the same thing about "Mark Van Bommel". Milan fans love him and one of the reason for their superb defensive record, but others just hate him "Cynical diving *******".

TBH Ferdinand did same to Torres last season but there wasn't much fuss about it.

I actually thought it was a pen on Gervinho, but there we go.

Joey Barton is a massive cunthole, though.

Just wearing my Joey Barton jersey. I love that man (not in a homosexual way)

Status
Not open for further replies.