Newcastle United Vs Arsenal (Premier League)

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
when we played newcastle last november did Kos get sent off?

as if he did that means we have been down to 10 men every time we have played Newcastle in the prem lol

when we played newcastle last november did Kos get sent off?

as if he did that means we have been down to 10 men every time we have played Newcastle in the prem lol

He got sent off for 'denying a goal-scoring opportunity' which wasn't because Squillaci had it fairly covered, TBH.

To be honest I thought if Cabaye was playing in Arsenal's team in Ramseys position and Ramsey took over Rosicky's at CAM I could see Arsenal winning that match.

For 5 million as well...I would have thought Wenger would be straight in there especially with him knowing Gervinho.

No disrespect to Newcastle but he is better than them no matter how many times commentators will say he's 'untried' etc etc. (Newcastle in their current state before I get the abuse)

Isn't the law that if a player raises his hands to another player (to his face), it's a sending-off offence? Just like Diaby grabbing Barton by the throat last season.

The Football Ramble

It's a popular misconception that raised hands are an automatic red card. It doesn't say that anywhere in the FIFA Laws of the Game.

The Football Ramble

It's a popular misconception that raised hands are an automatic red card. It doesn't say that anywhere in the FIFA Laws of the Game.

You've doen this like twice already. The rule is that of violent conduct which garners a red card. It's football you play with your feet not hands.

And why else would you raise your hands to another player unless you wanna knock his block off. Or in gervinhos case give em an enforced face palm.

No one can replace Fabregas really. not in Arsene's price range.

Maybe Javi Martinez if he is willing to shell out a few million euros but he's a different player but would add a bit of defensive bite and tenacity/passing flair/engine/height to the midfield.

I found the chants that broke through for most of the 2nd half amusing, ''Spend some *cking money'' over and over again.

I would guess it was the Newcastle fans but it would not surprise me if the Arsenal away fans were fed up.

now starts the evil month of this season. CL play-off, later liverpool, and then CL again, ending with a game at OT.

August is evil!!

still kos and tv5 look soild at the back. :p

You've doen this like twice already. The rule is that of violent conduct which garners a red card. It's football you play with your feet not hands.

And why else would you raise your hands to another player unless you wanna knock his block off. Or in gervinhos case give em an enforced face palm.

I quoted it again in reply to Joss since I couldn't be bothered trawling through pages for last time. >.<

If he's sent off for violent conduct, so should Barton, unless dragging someone from the floor is suddenly non-violent, yet stroking another persons face is. Both should have gone or neither, it's not like Barton being a **** was obstructed by anyone yet Gervinho was.

And to all you pundits who say ''Arsenal should beat Udinese easy'' I beg to differ, I've put a £10 note down on Di Natale scoring and Udinese going through. Seriously underestimating them in the British press, Doubai/Asamoah/Sio/Di Natale are all capable. Then Isla/Danilo/Neuton/Handanovic in defence.

Think Udinese will pull off an upset, and I hope it's the wake up call to Wenger to strengthen his squad.

Joey bartons tweets:

[h=3]Imagine if id of stamped on Song, all the numptys would be out calling for a public execution. What cos its on me its alright? #hypocrites.

Great result and performance from the lads. On a personal note hopefully, today proves my commitment, if it was ever in doubt? #toonarmy

What do people want me to do, stand and trade blows with Gervinho. If u raise ur hands to players faces, u should beoff. Ref got it right...

Gervinho can't slap Barton that's a red , song stamped on Barton that should of been a red ! #espnuk(Savage)

well said Sav, maybe I shouldnt of got involved but diving and trying to win a penalty, is sh*t. Needs stamping out (No pun)[/h]

And to all you pundits who say ''Arsenal should beat Udinese easy'' I beg to differ, I've put a £10 note down on Di Natale scoring and Udinese going through. Seriously underestimating them in the British press, Doubai/Asamoah/Sio/Di Natale are all capable. Then Isla/Danilo/Neuton/Handanovic in defence.

Think Udinese will pull off an upset, and I hope it's the wake up call to Wenger to strengthen his squad.

we really need champ league football though :( if we are in the europa league i will :'(

and now..

hate CHEATS that dive to win pens. If theres contact go down but dont blatantly try to con the ref. Refs have it hard enough

and now..

hate CHEATS that dive to win pens. If theres contact go down but dont blatantly try to con the ref. Refs have it hard enough
Wonder if he sees a replay of it and that there was infact contact if he will apologise to Gervinho.

And love how he is now calling it a slap, yet was telling van Persie among others he was punched. Or if your Steven Taylor, elbowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.