Reaction score
150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png
V
200px-Newcastle_United_Logo.svg.png

Referee: Mark Halsey
Assistant referees: Dean Mohareb & Bob Pollock
Fourth official: Kevin Wright

Newcastle team news

Newcastle are missing quite a few first team players for todays game at home against Spurs.

Injured : Hatem Ben Arfa (Broken Leg), Campbell (leg), Carroll (thigh), Gosling (knee), Smith & R Taylor (both ankle), S Taylor (hamstring)

Tottenham team news

Jonathon Woodgate and Jaime O'Hara have both returned to training this week and will face late fitness tests but it will be unlikely that they will feature in todays game. Also Assoy-Ekotto and Palacios are doubtful after picking up knocks in training.

Doubtful: Woodgate, O'Hara (Both fitness) , Assou-Ekotto & Palacios (both knee)
Injured: Huddlestone (ankle), King (groin),

Match facts

Head-to-head
• Newcastle are looking for their fifth consecutive home league win over Tottenham.
• However, Spurs have won the last two league meetings, including in December when they won 2-0, despite having Younes Kaboul sent off.

Newcastle
• Newcastle are unbeaten in the league in 2011 (W2 D1).
• Only the top four clubs have scored more league goals than Newcastle this season, with Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan accounting for 21 of their 35 goals so far.

Tottenham
• Spurs are unbeaten in all nine league matches where they have scored first this season.
• Tottenham have conceded in each of their last 11 league away matches.
• Rafael van der Vaart has scored three goals in Tottenham's last two away matches.

Top Scorers

Newcastle
Carroll: 11 goals (11 league); Nolan 10 goals (10 league)

Tottenham

Van der Vaart: 11 goals (9 league); Bale: 11 goals (7 league)

Your predictions ?

Mine is;

Newcastle 1-3 Tottenham
Nolan - VDV, Bale x2

Last edited:
Is this even on TV?
I wouldn't be a Sunderland fan if I didn't say 7-0 Tottenham.

Newcastle's line-up

Harper
Simpson - Coloccini - Williamson - Enrique
Barton - Nolan - Guthrie - Jonas
Best - Ameobi

Bench: Krul, Campbell, Perch, Ferguson, Lovenkrands, Ranger, Xisco​

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Is this even on TV?
I wouldn't be a Sunderland fan if I didn't say 7-0 Tottenham.

Not in the UK, but it is on:

AD Sports HD4
Fox Sports 1 (Australia) (viewers choice)
GO Sports 4 (Malta)
Nova Sport (Bul)
Nova Sports 3 (Hellas)
Sky Calcio 4 +HD4
Sport 1 Live (Ned)
Sportsnet
Sport.TV Liga Inglesa
Supersport 5 (ZA)
TV2 PL HD1
TV3 Slovenia
Viasat Football (Sweden)
Viasat Xtra PL 5

Last edited:
Very Interesting line up today.

Cudicini
Hutton Dawson Gallas Bale
Lennon Jenas Modders Pienaar
Rafa
Defoe

Looks like 'Arry's looking to recreate Baines/Pienaar combo, as Bale has been stifled recently at LW.
So it should be harder for them to track his runs from deep.

Pleased with the line up, especially Rafa/Defoe, and Gomes must have a last minuted injury as theres been nothing in the news.

Starting line-up- Cudicini; Hutton, Dawson, Gallas, Bale; Lennon, Jenas, Modric, Pienaar; Van der Vaart; Defoe.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Cudicini
Rafa
Defoe

Looks like 'Arry's looking to recreate Baines/Pienaar combo, as Bale has been stifled recently at LW.

Pleased with the line up, especially Rafa/Defoe, and Gomes must have a last minuted injury as theres been nothing in the news.
at least crouch isn't playing

Don't see us winning this one, although I think we can scrape a draw. 1-1 I think.

Cudicini
Rafa
Defoe

How is Bale at actually defending? Not sure if Bale LB is a good or bad thing for us :p

Don't see us winning this one, although I think we can scrape a draw. 1-1 I think.

I think we'll struggle to get even that, unless Guthrie plays a blinder. Although just remembered that LeonBestIsMint, 6-0 win.

I think we'll struggle to get even that, unless Guthrie plays a blinder. Although just remembered that LeonBestIsMint, 6-0 win.

I think Barton and Simpson can kick Bale and Peeenaarse enough to keep them quiet. I think they will struggle to deal with our two big men up top.

How is Bale at actually defending? Not sure if Bale LB is a good or bad thing for us :p

Not quite sure myself, he hasn't played there for quite some time, hes very much improved though, seeing as you don't have an out and out winger I think he'll be okay and potentially more of a threat with Pienaar drifting inside and leaving room for his late runs.

Not quite sure myself, he hasn't played there for quite some time, hes very much improved though, seeing as you don't have an out and out winger I think he'll be okay and potentially more of a threat with Pienaar drifting inside and leaving room for his late runs.

I wouldn't underestimate Barton at RM, that's arguably our biggest threat. Especially as, as Dunc said, we've got two big men up front, expect lots of early crosses and defence splitting balls for Shola to skew wide and Best to not quite catch up to.

I wouldn't underestimate Barton at RM, that's arguably our biggest threat. Especially as, as Dunc said, we've got two big men up front, expect lots of early crosses and defence splitting balls for Shola to skew wide and Best to not quite catch up to.

What I meant was that as Barton's not a winger, I can't see him particularly exploiting Bale and taking him on.

Goin for a 2-1 Spurs win, but Newcastle will be pretty physical and unsettle a few Spurs players. Gonna be payin attention to see what happens with the Piennar and Bale linkup

They replaced the Newcastle badges on the dugout seats with the ******* sports direct logo?

Also anyone got a good quality English stream?