Newcastle vs Liverpool 17:30 ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing, but not surprising, newcastle deserved to win and are unfortunate to not have done so by more.

Just want to say, liverpool had 4 players who could have closed down caroll to stop the last goal, main culprit being Lucas, you don't leave a player of caroll's quality in that amount of space for so long!

Soto and Skrtel got well and truly schooled, especially after Ranger came on.

Torres, i love you, but go away.

:wub: I put Andy Carrol in my Fantasy Team... But the bad news is so is Pepe Reina :S

Thing is, am I the only one who thinks Torres hasn't been the same player since his injuries?

Thing is, am I the only one who thinks Torres hasn't been the same player since his injuries?

Nope, if you look back on some threads from last season and in the summer i said he will struggle from now on. I think i even tipped him to be a flop this season.

Nope, if you look back on some threads from last season and in the summer i said he will struggle from now on. I think i even tipped him to be a flop this season.

Looks like your tip is pretty much spot on. But he also needs better players around him. Without players like Gerrard, he's pretty ineffectual. But how many quality players could Hodgson attract? Not many I feel. Quality bloke, but not a Liverpool manager

Looks like your tip is pretty much spot on. But he also needs better players around him. Without players like Gerrard, he's pretty ineffectual. But how many quality players could Hodgson attract? Not many I feel. Quality bloke, but not a Liverpool manager

I said unless Torres gets a big target man striker to partner him and take some ov the weight off him he will suffer. When i heard they tried getting Carlton Cole on deadline day i thought that would be a excellent signing.

Cole would have been a very good partner, you're right. Could use him at Goodison right now. Can't hit a donkeys backside right now

Torres wont be the same again, he was too good, so defenders took the option of kicking him out of the game.

Now he has either lost it physically or mentally, or he just doesn't care any more.

It's a shame.

Berbatov + Torres that would be frightening!

Can you imagine the threats Berbatov would get if he ever thought of going to Liverpool? He'd get an incredible amount of stick lol. But he would form a lethal partnership with Torres yeah.

TOON ARRRMMMYYY!!!

Woop! Carrolls goal was ******* sick!

Watched in a pub surrounded by 'pool fans. Made them eat their words at 2-1 after they 'were back in the game'

Fantastic Carroll goal, 30 yards, although what Liverpool were doing is beyond me.

Nothing much to say, really. The better team won. Liverpool needs to clean-house ASAP, and I'm not even talking about Roy. Too many average players in the first team squad. They have the numbers, but not enough quality.

Torres looked like a striker from League 2 today. Bad first touch, slow pace, plus no real enthusiasm IMO. Contrary to what they've said, NESV needs to spend big in January or else it's curtains for their CL and EL spot hopes.

Be because Torres has lost faith and feels let down. Promised a big name manager to move the club up, then they get Hodgson. Hodgson did wonders at Fulham (look at Europe), but he just can't seem to motivate the Liverpool players.

I am iced. I don't know what to think about Alan, I am sure the players would have done a **** now that Chris left the club, but it seemed like it was wrong.
I don't know what happened, but hopefully Alan will give a boost to the players and bring few points to Newcastle.

Scariest thing of all this season..

Emile Heskey has been more prolific than both Wayne Rooney and Fernando Torres this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back