How does this work for season 2?
Do the original players needs to be checked aswell? How do you find them?

theoretically you just search ALL players again, load it in the file and then use the "preserve function" in app, which currently is bugged. but there is a workaround allegedly by deleting all ".png"s in the config file afterwards.
however in the current state you may run into issues come season 6, 7, 8, 9 - depending on how powerful your system and your database is - since the app can only process a certain amount of players. in my research this also happens when using preserve --- the players are treated like any others and the assigning crashes at some point unfortunately.

my personal recommendation for the time being is:
- keep the amount of players low enough to process.
-- include only players from your league, big clubs and your shortlist since I figure that's the ones you care about the most
-- furthermore if you have the ingame editor you can set a threshold for example everyone with a potential ability of >100 since you probably won't really care about about some youth players in the Peruvian 2nd division that wouldn't make their first team
- keep using the old newgen facepack alongside the new one. I personally can't stand the fm generated faces. the old newgen face pack works like a charm, replacing all the faces that this wonderful tool didn't change without interfering with those that it did change. so my PA 189 right back from Germany doesn't look like his father was Yao Ming and still named him Günther, but said 15 year old Peruvian newgen with a PA of 47 still has a real face - although it actually might be the face of Yao Ming's son.

In my opinion that's the best compromise for now.

After a few days of bad connectivity and work commitments I finally install the faces and it’s amazing ?? Thank you for designing it

Hello!

First I would like to congratulate the great job, it was very good!
Yesterday I installed about 500 newgens to test, as it was in the middle of the season and it worked 100%.
Mas Today that i finished the season and I have just over 3000 newgens in the RTF file already generated, and when trying to generate faces with the newganManager application nothing happens! he stays in the message: "Map player to ethenicity" forever ...

someone went through this and knows how to solve? Do I need to reseat everything or delete something?
PS: I tried all the available modes in the app and waited more than 20min
1606509609329.png

in FM20 if you have the ingame editor you can set a Newgen flag. however the filter "Newgen" requires you to set it to "is not" to display only newgens

o_O OMG, where? :D

I'm either dumb or blind for not being able to find it...

1606514816220.png

Hey
facepack looks great but i cannot find to rtf file within fm to get the right overview of the list of players.
Screenshot (1).png

Hello!

Yesterday I installed about 500 newgens to test, as it was in the middle of the season and it worked 100%.
Mas Today that i finished the season and I have just over 3000 newgens in the RTF file already generated, and when trying to generate faces with the newganManager application nothing happens! he stays in the message: "Map player to ethenicity" forever ...

someone went through this and knows how to solve? Do I need to reseat everything or delete something?
View attachment 521970

i have the exact same problem, if you find a solution pls let me know :)

Hello!

View attachment 521970

Found the issue on my end , for some reason i was missing the African and Asian subfolders in my FMNEWGAN folder , so it was stuck on ethnicity because it didn't had nothing to map on African and Asian players

Last edited:
i have the exact same problem, if you find a solution pls let me know :)

when that happens it is most likely caused because the nation combination is unaccounted for so the NewGan app doesnt have a picture to map to the player. You have to compare your newgan log file to your RTF file and see which player it stopped at. The log file will contain the last successful player so you compare that to the RTF file. The next player after the successful player is the one causing the problem. You have to remove him.

Of course if you have thousands and thousand++ of newgens the bigger chance this can occur all through out your list. This is why people trying to do 50k newgens have so many problems. 1st its **** big, 2nd higher chance of weird nationality combo, and finally the unexplained.

when that happens it is most likely caused because the nation combination is unaccounted for so the NewGan app doesnt have a picture to map to the player. You have to compare your newgan log file to your RTF file and see which player it stopped at. The log file will contain the last successful player so you compare that to the RTF file. The next player after the successful player is the one causing the problem. You have to remove him.

Of course if you have thousands and thousand++ of newgens the bigger chance this can occur all through out your list. This is why people trying to do 50k newgens have so many problems. 1st its **** big, 2nd higher chance of weird nationality combo, and finally the unexplained.
removing the second nat. in the view list could fix the problem? the script still check full names so i dont think it will big of a problem to just remove it

ok boys i managed to make it work for me !!!

I took some tips and went to trial and error xD
I am in July 2021, and there were + - 14k of newgens ...
I will try to leave the step by step of how it worked for me:

as described before, the app just kept loading forever ...

1º - I made a watch list with + - 100 newgens players, I saved this list with ctrl + P, excludes the profiles in FMNEWGANv2.
So I created a new profile, loaded this new RTF from 100 players, selected GENERATE> REPLACE FACES and then the app worked! Then I went to FM, restarted the skin and GG, the ruptures of the 100 players on the list were there!

PS: I did everything with the game OPEN AND I DID NOT CLICK ANYTHING ELSE!

After...

2º- I went to search for players, put it to search for players with a PA of at least 90 (I bought the editor in game), this generated a list of + - 3,000 players.
so I saved normally with ctrl + P (importantly, I noticed that my lists are now with MBs, before they were only with KBs, even with huge numbers of players).
I loaded the list, selected PRESERVE> REPLACE FACES and then the app crashed for a moment BUT it worked normally!
I went to FM again (which remained open), restarted the skin and all 3,000 rotos were there!

I did this procedure again with 70PA, but I believe that it did not impact the final result.

Finally, I REMOVED the PA limit, that is, I loaded all newgens between 15 and 16. (as in the video tutorial)!
this generated + - 14 thousand players and a 3mb file!
I repeated the same procedure (PRESERVE> REPLACE FACES) with this new RTF and GG. 14k of beautiful newgens!

For those who do not have the in-game editor, try making the watch list of 100 players and then try all the new genres directly.
if it still doesn't work, you probably need to buy the editor, or wait for the devs to fix it.

Hope this helps!
ps²: translated by google translator xD

1606560287796.png

If anyone is interested I can tell you how to make this facepack drag n drop. You wont have to tinker with it every youth intake or however often you want to refresh the default faces.

There is 2 downsides. Ethnicity won't match player skin color or nationality and once newgens go over 127,992 players there could be duplicates. But its **** easy to use.

If anyone is interested I can tell you how to make this facepack drag n drop. You wont have to tinker with it every youth intake or however often you want to refresh the default faces.

There is 2 downsides. Ethnicity won't match player skin color or nationality and once newgens go over 127,992 players there could be duplicates. But its **** easy to use.

so it would be like the old regen face pack? and what do you mean with drag and drop?

id really like that

Last edited:
so it would be like the old regen face pack? and what do you mean with drag and drop?

id really like that

Basically.

I created a new config based upon the new fm21 uid. Populated it out to around 1,250,000 records and it uses all of the 127,992 pics from this NewGan face pack.

the only other thing it required me to do was collapse all of the NewGan pics into 1 folder and use a bulk renamer on them to number them 1 to 127,992 in a completely random order.

If I was to zip that folder up and host it somewhere all you would have to do is drop it into your graphics folder and reload cache/skin. Making it a completely drag n drop mod.

I adore the this NewGan face pack but I just feel there is going to be a big part of the fm community that it's going to be to difficult to consistently use all the time especially in long lower league type saves.

My fm20 save was 10th tier I played 20 years it was largely newgens everywhere. I would have had to run this mod several times a year if I didn't want to see fm default newgen pics.

To me I rather give up ethnicity matching for simplistic sake. Let the nvidia gaugan AI pics shine. They are the star of the show.

Then for all the advanced users or people who are hardcore they would just use the pack with the ethnicity feature. Basically having 2 versions of the mod. 1 simple for general players and 1 advanced for the hardcore.

Basically.

I created a new config based upon the new fm21 uid. Populated it out to around 1,250,000 records and it uses all of the 127,992 pics from this NewGan face pack.

the only other thing it required me to do was collapse all of the NewGan pics into 1 folder and use a bulk renamer on them to number them 1 to 127,992 in a completely random order.

If I was to zip that folder up and host it somewhere all you would have to do is drop it into your graphics folder and reload cache/skin. Making it a completely drag n drop mod.

I adore the this NewGan face pack but I just feel there is going to be a big part of the fm community that it's going to be to difficult to consistently use all the time especially in long lower league type saves.

My fm20 save was 10th tier I played 20 years it was largely newgens everywhere. I would have had to run this mod several times a year if I didn't want to see fm default newgen pics.

To me I rather give up ethnicity matching for simplistic sake. Let the nvidia gaugan AI pics shine. They are the star of the show.

Then for all the advanced users or people who are hardcore they would just use the pack with the ethnicity feature. Basically having 2 versions of the mod. 1 simple for general players and 1 advanced for the hardcore.

i did it with the old pack, when i had a players whos ethnicity didnt fit i just looked for a face i liked and edited the config to give him the face, really loved it

Really nice facepack, but when i changed the zoom on the interface, it has stopped working and won't show ever since?

Basically.

Thats exactly what i was doing in FM20
Now, since there is a difference in Ids on Players and Staff, im using the old method to give a face to all staff regen.

I think this is a great project and I'm really liking it, but what should I do if I wanna remove it? Should I just delete the faces from the graphics?

I think this is a great project and I'm really liking it, but what should I do if I wanna remove it? Should I just delete the faces from the graphics?
just remove the config file or yeah, removing the faces also work