Could you please describe exactly how you do it? I can't really see it (400+ hrs in FMs, just genuinely bad even at this)

P.s. nvm, got it

Caucasian1253 looks much more African than Caucasian to me. if I just move him to the African folder, and rename him to African12000 (African folder currently ends at 11999), would this work fine?

Attachments

• Caucasian1253.png
    Caucasian1253.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 46
Okay, guys. Sorry for spamming, but I've been fighting with the app for 2 hrs and I've no idea what I'm doing wrong. I have replaced the faces of all of my regens excluding my team ones. I know that you should include those in a list, but it didn't help. I'm kinda desperate here

update: nvm, I've messed something up and now nothing works. lovely
update 2: If I use an RTF without my players, face generating takes like 10 minutes but it works. If I include my players, it takes 3 seconds and all of regens' faces disappear at all

Last edited:
Okay, guys. Sorry for spamming, but I've been fighting with the app for 2 hrs and I've no idea what I'm doing wrong. I have replaced the faces of all of my regens excluding my team ones. I know that you should include those in a list, but it didn't help. I'm kinda desperate here

update: nvm, I've messed something up and now nothing works. lovely

nothing works, welcome in my world xD

if you want to take your regens go to your youth team in which they are, change your view to the squad view, mark your regens with ctrl+left lclick and export them just like in the search

so concerning the "mapping" bug: I've played around a bit and can't get it to work on my existing 2029 save. I tried a few of the suggestions in this thread - having FM running or closed, waiting for 2h, not or do having it in the background - no change. looking at the logfile it seems to me the app can't process more than 35888 players. I don't know if there is a certain limit but according to the log it stops at 35888. it doesn't matter if I delete all players in my file that are listed between 35800 to 36000, it still seems to suddenly stop at 35888. when I try to process a file with 35886 players it works like a charm. seems to me there is some limit as to how much players the app can process. can anyone confirm?

so concerning the "mapping" bug: I've played around a bit and can't get it to work on my existing 2029 save. I tried a few of the suggestions in this thread - having FM running or closed, waiting for 2h, not or do having it in the background - no change. looking at the logfile it seems to me the app can't process more than 35888 players. I don't know if there is a certain limit but according to the log it stops at 35888. it doesn't matter if I delete all players in my file that are listed between 35800 to 36000, it still seems to suddenly stop at 35888. when I try to process a file with 35886 players it works like a charm. seems to me there is some limit as to how much players the app can process. can anyone confirm?

Well I tried doing 8 years worth of regens in fm 20, about 120000 regens and for me it stops at 44850, did it two times.
Then I opened the config and deleted the player that was 44851 and launched it again. Now it stopped at 44862.... I dont have the patience to keep going, I will wait for a fix!

Of course I tried to do it with preserve first but preserve doesnt work at all right now.

how do i find only newgen staff members? theres no filter for it

Last edited:
Tried putting faces on 45262 newgens, and the app just doesn't seem to be able to handle the load. Always stops responding. Gonna try splitting between multiple RTF files, though I don't think that will work either as it seems to revert faces back on players if they aren't included in the RTF.

how do i find only newgen staff members? theres no filter for it
Yeah, FM doesn't seem to include the newgen filter on staff for some reason. You can probably do individual newgen staff members if you want, like at least those on your team.

Reactions: bds
Tried putting faces on 45262 newgens, and the app just doesn't seem to be able to handle the load. Always stops responding. Gonna try splitting between multiple RTF files, though I don't think that will work either as it seems to revert faces back on players if they aren't included in the RTF.
Yeah, splitting between multiple RTFs doesn't work. Basically, if you previously assigned a face to a newgen and you try to use another RTF to assign more faces to other newgens, that previous newgen must be included in the new RTF or he will lose his assigned face and revert back to the FM newgen face. Hopefully this can be changed in the future so once a face is assigned to a newgen, it doesn't get replaced if he's not included when you try to assign faces with a new RTF.

Now I'm trying to figure out what the maximum number of players the app can process and assign faces to in a single RTF. Since I'm not able to apply faces to every newgen in my game, I'm at least trying to apply faces to a good number of them. To prioritize newgens, I'm setting filters in the player search to only include players with PA of x or greater. One problem I keep running into is that I select every player in the search, but when I Ctrl+P to export the RTF, the RTF doesn't actually save the info for all 26000+ players, and only saves about 500. No clue why this is happening, because I have managed to save RTFs with ~46000 players using the same method.

Holy ****. Finally got it to work. Every newgen in my game with at least 70 PA (~26000 newgens) has a generated face now. Here are my tips for everyone who has had problems:

- Ensure you have clicked the "Exclude" tab in the player search, and uncheck the box that excludes all players from your team.

- In the player search, if you're using the in-game editor to filter for newgens only, ensure you change the filter to "Is Not". Very counter-intuitive, but this seems to be the only way to show only newgen players.

- In the player search, try filtering by PA to reduce the number of players. I added a filter to show only players with at least 70 PA. This reduced the number of newgens from ~46000 to ~26000, making it much easier for the app to process.

- Every player you want to generate a face for must be selected in the player search as opposed to just hitting Ctrl+P with no players selected. To do this, click the first player, then push Ctrl+A. It might take the game a minute to do this if you have tens of thousands of players or more. Sometimes, this still did not work for me and my RTFs would only save about 500 players. If you're having problems with only some, but not all of your newgens getting faces, your problem could be that your RTF is not actually saving all the newgens correctly. You can use a program like Notepad++ to view your RTF file and see how many, and which newgens are actually on it. Every newgen you want a face for MUST be on the RTF.

- Once you've loaded your RTF file into the app, set the mode to "Generate" and close FM. Once FM is closed, click Replace. Do NOT do anything after that. Before you click Replace, you can move the window off to the side and load up a YouTube video or something next to it to watch, because it will take a while if you have a large number of players. I cannot stress enough that once you click Replace and the program begins processing you must not minimize the program, move the window, etc. Just sit there and wait. If it says it's not responding, restart the app, try the process again, and DO NOT TOUCH YOUR COMPUTER UNTIL IT FINISHES PROCESSING.

This was the only way I could actually get the program to work without ignoring newgens I wanted faces on. Sure, some 20,000 newgens in my game still have the default FM newgen faces, but they're all under 70 PA and will probably have no impact on my game whatsoever, so I'm not too bothered by it. I suppose that will alert me when a player has less than 70 PA, but my scouts could probably figure that out anyway.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to quote/tag me and I'll try to help you.

Last edited:
Nice post, but I have some questions here

- In the player search, if you're using the in-game editor to filter for newgens only, ensure you change the filter to "Is Not". Very counter-intuitive, but this seems to be the only way to show only newgen players.

What do you mean to set to "Is Not", whih filter you are using?

- In the player search, try filtering by PA to reduce the number of players. I added a filter to show only players with at least 70 PA. This reduced the number of newgens from ~46000 to ~26000, making it much easier for the app to process.

Nu isn't that way missing 20k regens which will not get faces, if you filter by age first? Or you are not?

there is something 1 or 2 pages back with a solution to the "perserve" function where you have to delete the .png extension in the config file.
thanks for the input will run a few tests to see if I can get it to work

Nice post, but I have some questions here

What do you mean to set to "Is Not", whih filter you are using?

Nu isn't that way missing 20k regens which will not get faces, if you filter by age first? Or you are not?

in FM20 if you have the ingame editor you can set a Newgen flag. however the filter "Newgen" requires you to set it to "is not" to display only newgens

and yes they're missing 20k regens -- but it's 20k regens they don't care about in their save since they lack the ability to ever be useful or play in any of the divisions they care about

Holy ****. Finally got it to work. Every newgen in my game with at least 70 PA (~26000 newgens) has a generated face now. Here are my tips for everyone who has had problems:

- Ensure you have clicked the "Exclude" tab in the player search, and uncheck the box that excludes all players from your team.

- Every player you want to generate a face for must be selected in the player search as opposed to just hitting Ctrl+P with no players selected. To do this, click the first player, then push Ctrl+A. It might take the game a minute to do this if you have tens of thousands of players or more. Sometimes, this still did not work for me and my RTFs would only save about 500 players. If you're having problems with only some, but not all of your newgens getting faces, your problem could be that your RTF is not actually saving all the newgens correctly. You can use a program like Notepad++ to view your RTF file and see how many, and which newgens are actually on it. Every newgen you want a face for MUST be on the RTF.

- Once you've loaded your RTF file into the app, set the mode to "Generate" and close FM. Once FM is closed, click Replace. Do NOT do anything after that. Before you click Replace, you can move the window off to the side and load up a YouTube video or something next to it to watch, because it will take a while if you have a large number of players. I cannot stress enough that once you click Replace and the program begins processing you must not minimize the program, move the window, etc. Just sit there and wait. If it says it's not responding, restart the app, try the process again, and DO NOT TOUCH YOUR COMPUTER UNTIL IT FINISHES PROCESSING.

This was the only way I could actually get the program to work without ignoring newgens I wanted faces on. Sure, some 20,000 newgens in my game still have the default FM newgen faces, but they're all under 70 PA and will probably have no impact on my game whatsoever, so I'm not too bothered by it. I suppose that will alert me when a player has less than 70 PA, but my scouts could probably figure that out anyway.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to quote/tag me and I'll try to help you.

Great manual sadly I'm still stuck on "mapping ethnicity with only 5 players in the RTF. don't know what the issue is :cautious:

Great manual sadly I'm still stuck on "mapping ethnicity with only 5 players in the RTF. don't know what the issue is :cautious:

does it go straight to "mapping ethnicity" or does it process and the bar gets stuck 2/3 through?
I've encountered an issue with the app going straight to mapping when either there is an issue with the RTF (such as a line missing) or you specified the wrong folder (such as choosing the african subfolder accidentally instead of the whole FMNEWGANv2 folder)