Just watched the Zealand video and this looks amazing!!! well done to everyone who has worked on this project - honorary Hall of Fame awards all round. Can I please ask respectfully (acknowledging you must be totally overworked) when will this be available for us FM21 Mac users? Can' wait, sod two front teeth or Mariah Carey, this is all I want for Christmas!

How many players are you trying to assign faces and how large is the .rtf file? Also, make sure program has the facepack folder set correctly and not to the entire graphics pack or one of the subfolders of the facepack.

Ayal, thanks very much for your help troubleshooting my issues. Still stuck for now. Any thoughts on my comments in post 307?

Thanks!

I have tried the new version of the facepack with all the existing newgens (using the editor to search all the players & the players who are newgens), but it's not working for me.
That is, it's still blocking on mapping... I have passed some time to check in the log which was the player causing the issue, but there are plenty of them in the file (because I chose all the players in the search).

I attach the original serach file in case of somebody wants to test.
The issue is due to some nationalities or combination of nationalities don't match with any face, and the program instead of skipping it blocks.

Anyone knows a quick solution to make the program work with big rtf files? I also tried ordering by UID, 1st nationality, 1st and 2nd nationality... but same result (stops when mapping...)

PS: in order to use try in NewGan Manager you have to delete the extenxion .xml and leave only the .rtf

Attachments

• newgensJune2021.rtf.xml
    3.2 MB · Views: 142
I have tried the new version of the facepack with all the existing newgens (using the editor to search all the players & the players who are newgens), but it's not working for me.
That is, it's still blocking on mapping... I have passed some time to check in the log which was the player causing the issue, but there are plenty of them in the file (because I chose all the players in the search).

I attach the original serach file in case of somebody wants to test.
The issue is due to some nationalities or combination of nationalities don't match with any face, and the program instead of skipping it blocks.

Anyone knows a quick solution to make the program work with big rtf files? I also tried ordering by UID, 1st nationality, 1st and 2nd nationality... but same result (stops when mapping...)

PS: in order to use try in NewGan Manager you have to delete the extenxion .xml and leave only the .rtf
What I discovered when I was testing with the huge rtf (all the players) is that greek players cause issues when combined with other nationalities. I also remember some serbians, albanians... I don't code in python a lot, but the issue seems to be in the function that checks the possible faces to asign regarding the 1st and/or 2nd nationality of the player. It might not be founding anything in those cases and instead of skipping, it blocks there.

If you run the tool with a smaller rtf (without including all the players in the search with the editor), it would be able to remove just some few players from the rtf file and re-test. For instance, in my save with Wigan Athletic, in June 2021 I had to remove about 10 players to re-test the NewGan program. It's painfull but at least it's the way to solve it until the code is fixed.

Ayal, thanks very much for your help troubleshooting my issues. Still stuck for now. Any thoughts on my comments in post 307?

Thanks!

I'm not sure what's causing it to fail. I'd install the updated NewGAN Manager program and also download the facepack update and try again. The updated program has quite a few bug fixes so, hopefully, it gets your config file set up properly. If after that it's still failing, send your broken config.xml, newgan.log and .rtf file to the email at the bottom of the post.

Very nice update. Preserve works flawlessly (almost, sometimes you still have to split players up).

One suggestion I have is to separate Latin American faces from Black Latin American ones, since currently it happens quite often that the generator gives a black face to a non-black player if from Latin America, and it's rather unrealistic with some countries (Argentina, Mexico...)

Thank you for all the awesome work you did there !
As some others who posted I still have some issues with some regens not being taken into account. Is it possible to change a specific player's regen with the NewGAN Manager ? (I'm guessing I need to use overwrite & the player UID but I haven't been able to so far)
Thank you in advance ! ;)

Nice work on this. Just one little thing. On the text version of the installation, steps 3 and 4 are below:

"When you extract the file, move the FMNEWGAN folder to the following location: %userprofile%\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\faces
If you do not have a faces folder, simply create one. In the folder listed above ensure that you have a "graphics" folder. If not, right click, scroll over "new" and click on "folder. Name the folder "graphics"."

Should step 3 be %userprofile%\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics\faces ? (bolding/emphasis for showing the suggestion) -- Step 4 does talk about graphics, but step 3 doesn't include a graphics in it.

Nice work on this. Just one little thing. On the text version of the installation, steps 3 and 4 are below:

"When you extract the file, move the FMNEWGAN folder to the following location: %userprofile%\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\faces
If you do not have a faces folder, simply create one. In the folder listed above ensure that you have a "graphics" folder. If not, right click, scroll over "new" and click on "folder. Name the folder "graphics"."

Should step 3 be %userprofile%\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics\faces ? (bolding/emphasis for showing the suggestion) -- Step 4 does talk about graphics, but step 3 doesn't include a graphics in it.

Yeah, that's right. Should be /graphics/faces (or whatever direction the slash is supposed to be in)

Very much appreciate your help, luftwaffle. So, I tried this:

1. Ggenerated a RTF file for just my squad.
  2. Confirmed that the rtf file indeed contains my players (about 35 of them for now).
  3. Quit FM.
  4. Ran it through NewGan using the "Generate" option. It processed in maybe 1 second, "finished" with a smiley face.
  5. Launched FM.
  6. Checked pictures - still no changes.
  7. Tried the steps listed in the guide to reload the skin ("Open Football Manager. Click on "FM", then go to "Preferences". Use the drop down option and select "Interface". Scroll down to the skin section and ensure that "Use skin caching to decrease loading times" is unticked but ensure that "reload skin..." and "Show screen IDs..." is ticked". )
  8. Still no change.
So, not sure if it's a volume thing, but there's not much point in doing this with an even smaller sets of data IMO. Even if I can get it to work with a set of 10 players, if I can only do it 10 players at a time it's just not going to be worth the effort.

I also tried the little "report" thing at the bottom of the screen in NewGan, but that doesn't do anything for me. If I put a UID in and click Report, the face on the screen never changes.

It's too bad; I'd be really excited to try this feature, it just seems like it's not quite robust yet. :(

Any other ideas?

take a look at the config.xml file in the faces folder, it should contain players whose appearance has been changed. Perhaps it is too small or empty?
Either way I'd recommend updating to the newest version, where "preserve" does work, so you can save yourself a bit of work.

Hi everyone! Anyone else having problem with the in game editor filter "Is Newgen"? Since the new FM update I can't find it anymore, anyone knows where is it gone?

take a look at the config.xml file in the faces folder, it should contain players whose appearance has been changed. Perhaps it is too small or empty?
Either way I'd recommend updating to the newest version, where "preserve" does work, so you can save yourself a bit of work.

Well, I've updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, and still am struggling. I sent my log files in. I just can't seem to get it to do anything. This last run, it finishes instantly, and the config.xml doesn't have any players listed. Newgan.log is almost empty too.

Does the fact I'm running Steam make any difference?

hello guys. how comes the option to show only newgens doesn't come up when I search ? i have the in game editor as well ??

With the new update they removed the "is-newgen" so you can create the file for the program. Can maybe someone from here go on the SI forums and report it? This idiot FrazT will ban me for "alias account" and remove it when I try.

Clownery, how can they just remove something like this in an update and then need 3-4 days to even notice it.

This is what I've been stuck on for a few days now, its acting like it's still loading but I can change profiles etc and start again as if I've just opened it

tkjRRCX.png

Well, I've updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, and still am struggling. I sent my log files in. I just can't seem to get it to do anything. This last run, it finishes instantly, and the config.xml doesn't have any players listed. Newgan.log is almost empty too.

Does the fact I'm running Steam make any difference?
Did you select all the players before printing to a text file? Otherwise, it only does like 30 players instead of the whole list.

This is what I've been stuck on for a few days now, its acting like it's still loading but I can change profiles etc and start again as if I've just opened it

You need to update the program itself, you're using the outdated version. Go to the facepack page and download from the top right "NewGAN-Manager-Installer-Win-v1.1.0.zip" and install that.

Did you select all the players before printing to a text file? Otherwise, it only does like 30 players instead of the whole list.

I'm deliberately trying to do this just for my team, until I can prove that I can even get it to generate even one face. My RTF file has just the players on my team, so 20 in all. Same results - no faces generated. My config.xml doesn't list any of these players, however.