ok so i was trying to do this with all the regens (im going to the 10th season). figured it could be too many faces at once (40k) so i tried to divide the RTF files by age groups
I make a 15-22 file and it works. I make a 24+ file and it works.
I then try to add the faces of all 23 year old players, i get "map player to" in newgan. So then i tried all the 23 year old by positions. Every single one of them worked, except for the strikers. For some reason newgan cant map my 23yo STRIKERS ONLY. I try adding just one player to the RTF file and i still get the "map player to"

Any solution?

Anyone else had issues with NewGan Manager, post the winter update. It has always worked graet, however after the winter update I encountered my save's regen day, I ran NewGan Manager as I always do, it froze, I left it for ages as I know there were a lot of regens. It had stopped about 33% along and froze, that was it. I gave up, exited, went back to my game> I had lost all my existing regen faces. I went back and ran NewGan Manager again. It just didn't initiate/ I reloaded it several times - nothing. I found the hidden newgan manager files in app data, deleted them. Then finally NewGan manager ran but then froze again about 33% along. I have copied the NewGan Manager views into the sports interactive file, deleted the old ones. Re-installed it but it still doesn't work. I;d just give up after wasting best part of half a day but it was such a cool mod and added loads to game play. Reaching out for support.

Does anyone has a filter from FM20 saved which included "is newgen"? Can you share it plz

1614631833523.png

Any fix for this error? Followed Zealands video step by step

I've just run into the same problem. Everything was working fine before, and if I try to generate using an older rtf file created on the previous patch it works, but it doesn't with the new ones I make.

I've just run into the same problem. Everything was working fine before, and if I try to generate using an older rtf file created on the previous patch it works, but it doesn't with the new ones I make.
I managed to fix it, I was making the mistake of not applying the Custom View after selecting the filter.

After every update of the NEWGAN MANAGER all the profiles are gone, so now all the players I have played 6-7 years and known their faces the pictures are gone. This is heartwrenching.

Is there anything that can be done?

can please somebody tell the developer to look at this as well, preserve doesnt work at all anymore? no matter what

ok so i was trying to do this with all the regens (im going to the 10th season). figured it could be too many faces at once (40k) so i tried to divide the RTF files by age groups
I make a 15-22 file and it works. I make a 24+ file and it works.
I then try to add the faces of all 23 year old players, i get "map player to" in newgan. So then i tried all the 23 year old by positions. Every single one of them worked, except for the strikers. For some reason newgan cant map my 23yo STRIKERS ONLY. I try adding just one player to the RTF file and i still get the "map player to"

Any solution?

have you enabled "allow duplicates"? most errors I've encountered that have been like that were due to running out of faces. Might be there's a big amount of idk...asian-african strikers that are 23 for some reason or something like that
other than that: can you narrow it down further to a special striker that makes it fail? might be there's just a broken record in there somewhere....

Are they abandoning this project? Sure seems like it.

i'm also having this problem... i click replace faces and it loads to the exact same percentage as yours, if i click replace faces it moves a bit again but it does nothing ingame

i've lost the faces of the regens i had :(

Try clicking the "Allow Duplicates" that worked for me when I had the same issue.

My FM 20 also cant locate the is new gen filter fmf search for separating the new gens in game. The folder clearly has the file in it when i view it on Windows. When I go to add it in game however the folder is empty

Anyone have a solution?

My FM 20 also cant locate the is new gen filter fmf search for separating the new gens in game. The folder clearly has the file in it when i view it on Windows. When I go to add it in game however the folder is empty

Anyone have a solution?

This is because the filter is made for FM21, i have also the same problem as you.

If someone has the filter for FM20, please share it

If you haven't got a newgen filter try creating an rtf file which includes all the players in the game and then edit the file in a text editor (I use notepad++) to delete all the non newgens. Tip: Before generating the rtf file sort the players by their UID.

If you haven't got a newgen filter try creating an rtf file which includes all the players in the game and then edit the file in a text editor (I use notepad++) to delete all the non newgens. Tip: Before generating the rtf file sort the players by their UID.

I have done it as you said but, how do you know which are the newgens to eliminate the rest? Are they starting from an indicated ID?

I have done it as you said but, how do you know which are the newgens to eliminate the rest? Are they starting from an indicated ID?
The newgens all have UIDs of 10 digits in the format of 2000xxxxxx so if you sort by UID they will either all be at the beginning or the list. I always sort so that they will be at the beginning.

If you have problems like me that your pics disappeared try installing the very first version again (and delete the .png from the config file manually). All my profiles were there and I could all the faces I had known on my players back.

After the update I have an issue. I keep getting the error "INVALID RTF FILE". Is this a bug? I send the rtf file that I made

Attachments

• 2021.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 53
hi, my newgan manager doesn’t open and i’ve been told to use the directory Local/Programs/NewGan Manager/app/config but after i go into the app folder there is this and i’m confused, any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Attachments

• 5F1E71CA-5180-42FB-BCC2-27C5D016173A.jpeg
    5F1E71CA-5180-42FB-BCC2-27C5D016173A.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 147
I think they are possibly at the point where they wish they'd never got into this. It's a shame because for me personally I've been able to play a save for longer than 3-4 seasons and remain interested. Albeit that my newgen faces have changed twice in that time when preserve didn't work and I see duplicate and very similar faces in the game. I'd be happy to make a small financial contribution to make the work worthwhile if enough did it. Thanks anyway.