and try to make an rtf file with 100 players and see how it will be, we will know if the quantity matters

Do you have an config.xml file somewhere in the facepack? I can't find my config.xml & maybe that's causing it.

I re-extracted the files again & it worked this time!

I have run into a bit of an issue, that I don't believe I had previously.

If I replace player faces it works great. If I replace just staff faces, it works great.

But I can't get it to do both.

I try replacing newgen faces for players first.
Check that everything is in order.
Then run the app for staff faces.
I even select the 'Preserve' option.

All the newgen staff has their faces replaced, but all the newgen players have now reverted to their newgen faces.

If I run the app again for players, then all the staff revert to newgen faces.

Anyone else had this issue?

because you probably delete the rtf file for the players by making the rtf file for the staff, make the 111.rtf file for the players and, for example, aaa.rtf for the staff, no one will disappear, and then, when new players come in other years, also make a 222.rtf file for players and "preserve" not "generate" (then add new faces and not remove old ones), then after year 333.rtf and so on, don't delete old files and remember to give "preserve" instead of "generate", generate only at the beginning at first file ...

I name the files differently. But I'll check what I'm doing exactly.

you can name them whatever you want but don't delete the old ones and remember to use "preserve" when creating new files, because giving "generate" with the next file you will delete old faces and replace them with new ones

you can name them whatever you want but don't delete the old ones and remember to use "preserve" when creating new files, because giving "generate" with the next file you will delete old faces and replace them with new ones
Yeah, I do that already.

Here is what I am doing exactly:

Player faces:
- Made the search on all NewGens aged 18 and above (I prefer the younger-looking newgen faces for under 18 year olds. It looks weird with a 15 year old with an old face)
- Saved it as a new file: NewGens_18Plus_2023.rtf (did not delete the older ones)
- Ran the App
- Selected the file NewGens_18Plus_2023.rtf
- Set the option to 'Preserve'.
- Generated faces.
- Check the faces, and all my newgens that were 18 or older, now has new faces (excellent).

Staff faces:
- Made a search on all staff.
- Saved the list as a new file: Staff_2.rtf
- Ran the App
- Selected the new file: Staff_2.rtf
- Generated the faces.
- Checked that the NewGen faces on staff was replaced.

But when I then check the 18+ Newgen player faces, they have reverted to their newgen faces.

I have kept all the older files of players and staff.
1628582837973.png

are you using the same profile in the program? I think that is also important
mark too " Allow Duplicates"

Last edited:
Yeah, I do that already.

Here is what I am doing exactly:

Player faces:
- Made the search on all NewGens aged 18 and above (I prefer the younger-looking newgen faces for under 18 year olds. It looks weird with a 15 year old with an old face)
- Saved it as a new file: NewGens_18Plus_2023.rtf (did not delete the older ones)
- Ran the App
- Selected the file NewGens_18Plus_2023.rtf
- Generated faces.
- Check the faces, and all my newgens that were 18 or older, now has new faces (excellent).

Staff faces:
- Made a search on all staff.
- Saved the list as a new file: Staff_2.rtf
- Ran the App
- Selected the new file: Staff_2.rtf
- Generated the faces.
- Checked that the NewGen faces on staff was replaced.

But when I then check the 18+ Newgen player faces, they have reverted to their newgen faces.

I have kept all the older files of players and staff.
View attachment 560566

I do the following:
o generate an rtf file for players;
o generate an rtf file for staff;
o using a text editor, I use Notepad++, copy the data from staff.rtf to players.rtf;
o rename players.rtf to players_and_staff.rtf;
o run the app and select players_and_staff.rtf;
o use the preserve and allow duplicates options;
o I'm in 2047 and have used this method successfully every year so far

I do the following:
o generate an rtf file for players;
o generate an rtf file for staff;
o using a text editor, I use Notepad++, copy the data from staff.rtf to players.rtf;
o rename players.rtf to players_and_staff.rtf;
o run the app and select players_and_staff.rtf;
o use the preserve and allow duplicates options;
o I'm in 2047 and have used this method successfully every year so far
Cool ... I will try that out and see how that goes :)

There is no need to do anything except just copy in the full content of the staff file to the player file?

Cool ... I will try that out and see how that goes :)

There is no need to do anything except just copy in the full content of the staff file to the player file?

I copy the staff underneath the players and find that the staff columns are wider than the players. Below the players you will have headers for the staff. I delete these so there is a single line of -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- between the data for the last player and above the data for the first member of staff.

I also find that quite often notepad++ seems to hang after I've pasted the staff file into the player file but I just leave it for a few minutes and all goes well. I guess it depends on how much RAM you have as to how long the paste takes.

I copy the staff underneath the players and find that the staff columns are wider than the players. Below the players you will have headers for the staff. I delete these so there is a single line of -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- between the data for the last player and above the data for the first member of staff.

I also find that quite often notepad++ seems to hang after I've pasted the staff file into the player file but I just leave it for a few minutes and all goes well. I guess it depends on how much RAM you have as to how long the paste takes.
Notepad++ can sometimes have troubles with larger files. I don't think that is necessarily based on RAM.

You could always try out SublimeText3 or Ultraedit when editing long text files :)

But I will see if I can get your idea or zamek9's suggestion to work.

Worst case scenario is that my staff will be newgen faced. I rarely look at those anyways ;)

Seems like running my Staff_2 file using the same profile as my player lists seem to do the trick.

Thanks for the help/advice to both of you :)

it's great that it helped you : )
I do not really understand what you are pasting and copying in the file, I do not paste anything, I do not copy anything, I only create new files with the program and everything works well on one profile, I have never interfered with any file

I am using this facepack update on FM20 and cannot find the filter when going to the scouting section. Is there any way I can fix this?

Edit: I have figured out how to solve it.

Last edited: