it's great that it helped you : )
I do not really understand what you are pasting and copying in the file, I do not paste anything, I do not copy anything, I only create new files with the program and everything works well on one profile, I have never interfered with any file

Thanks for the question. I didn't realise that you could apply two separate rtf files to one profile but I've just successfully tried applying a staff. rtf followed by a player.rtf using the preserve option. This will save me a load of time in future (y)

Last edited:
Hello, fellas, can I use this facekack for every player and staff? Not just the newgen and regen ones

Are there any plans to add more faces to add more variety with hair styles etc?

Hey guys, first thing first, anyone who has a problem with the map to player ethnicity thing, my solution was that you have to have the same path at the image directory search, so what i mean is that the path has to end like this: graphics\faces\FMNEWGANv2
otherwise it couldnt go through, but when i changed it to this, it worked instantly

Now my main question would be that, is there a way to generate faces not just for players with 2000xxx ID but everyone?

Hey I download the newgan face pack but I cant seem to find the config anywhere in any of the folders

A while back I noticed that some of my players had their face dissapear when I generated new ones.
I think I've figured out why it does that, based on my brief look at the code.

The tool looks at both of a players nationality + their ethnicity.
For example, an Argentine regen got assigned Central European6142.

The problem is, after living in England for 5 years, he took up the nationality. Now based on his nationalities, he should be Caucasian and not Central European. Even with the preserve feature, this breaks his face, because his line turns into:
<record from="Caucasian/Central European6142" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000302716/portrait"/>.
It happens the most in the form of Caucasian/Central European and SpanMed/SAMed. Most of the time it's because a player took up English nationality, but it could happen with every nationality.

I can fix it in my config, with a Ctrl+F and replace, but it returns everytime I add new faces.

I'm not super experienced with Python, so I don't now exactly how to fix it, but I assume you could just have preserve keep everything?
Update on this: I think I've fixed the issue.

In the program files there is a file called mapper.py. File location for me is ...\AppData\Local\Programs\NewGAN-Manager\app
The line: mapping.append([player[0], p_ethnic, xml_data[player[0]]["image"]])
Needs to be replaced with: mapping.append([player[0], xml_data[player[0]]["ethnicity"], xml_data[player[0]]["image"]])

Got a question regarding the UIDs: Is it possible to adjust the code to accept all types of UIDs (remove the 2000xxxx requirement) so i can change the portrait for every player? I wasn't able to spot the parts in the code that would need to be change to accomplish this. Thanks!

Got a question regarding the UIDs: Is it possible to adjust the code to accept all types of UIDs (remove the 2000xxxx requirement) so i can change the portrait for every player? I wasn't able to spot the parts in the code that would need to be change to accomplish this. Thanks!
Not the creator, but I have been looking at the code for a bit.
It's probably the regex for an ID, which is
"UID_regex = re.compile('([0-9]){10}')" in rtfparser.py
and
"UID_regex = re.compile('([0-9]{10}(?=\/))')"in xmlparser.py

Regen id's will always have 10 numbers, while real players can often have a shorter id. (there are actually some real players, like Moukoko who also have a 'regen' id and therefore does have a replacable face.)

There are also other points in the code where it tests
"if len(uid) == 10:"

Those seem like the main thing to replace.

I don't know what your using to look at the code. But I'm using Visual Studio Code and I just open the whole program folder and search for UID. That will probably be your best bet to try to get it working.
1631123482526.png

How do I fix Argentinan faces being African faces? Also is there a way I can add more pictures to expand from duplicate pictures? cause I have noticed 2 player faces used by another 2 players

I'm making good progress and got the program adjust to spit out xml files containing all player. Everything works great for 2000xxxx newgens, but doesn't for people with other IDs. I created some XMLs by hand and still wasn't able to map new faces on "OG Players". So my question is: What could cause this difference in program behavior between different types of players? (FYI im working on an all random save)

help my brazil and argentinian regen player keep getting asian faces..
i have tried to put the rtf file inside the same folder D:\Users\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics\faces\FMNEWGANv2 + Update 1
any help would be very appreciated

I'm making good progress and got the program adjust to spit out xml files containing all player. Everything works great for 2000xxxx newgens, but doesn't for people with other IDs. I created some XMLs by hand and still wasn't able to map new faces on "OG Players". So my question is: What could cause this difference in program behavior between different types of players? (FYI im working on an all random save)

Recently i found out something interesting, i also did adjust a bit the code to make it change evereyones face, same reason as u, but not much success so far
So i was thinking, i tried the "UID" labeled finder in the newGAN manager at the bottom of the screen and as the program states, it did give everyone a face, but somehow in the game players under 20008xxx doesnt get a face and im just out of ideas..
For me it seems like the game blocks the program to change those faces, but it kinda sounds bullshit tho

the coaching staff and the coach I don't see it changing. Or is it that the newgan facepack only changes the player, not the face staff or manager ???
241486331_387250802951209_7266341071031356248_n.png

Last edited:
I have the problem . I tried to uninstall many times, install to the latest version, but it still crashes, the black bar only works 1\4 to stand.
when i press next, the black bar will run out and nothing happens.

do you have any way to fix it?
I am using latest version 1.2.1
HELPS!!!!
View attachment 563538

hi, i had the same problem, what seemed to resolve the issue is that i changed the name of the image directory
like in your case it ends with \FMNEWGANv2 + Update 1/
it was the same for me, then i changed the folder's name to make it look like this when i searched for th path:
\FMNEWGANv2/
after this, it just worked fine
i hope it helps :)

Recently i found out something interesting, i also did adjust a bit the code to make it change evereyones face, same reason as u, but not much success so far
So i was thinking, i tried the "UID" labeled finder in the newGAN manager at the bottom of the screen and as the program states, it did give everyone a face, but somehow in the game players under 20008xxx doesnt get a face and im just out of ideas..
For me it seems like the game blocks the program to change those faces, but it kinda sounds bullshit tho

now there is something new i can add to this topic
so i recently started a save where i didnt tell the game to replace every real player with fake ones
in that case the adjusted application code works fine and gives everyone a generated face
so it seems like the game makes this issue, where if u play with fully generated players and staff, the game overwrites the faces what the app gives to them, thats why a lot of the players dont get a face, and instead u have to play with the baby faces lol

hi, i had the same problem, what seemed to resolve the issue is that i changed the name of the image directory
like in your case it ends with \FMNEWGANv2 + Update 1/
it was the same for me, then i changed the folder's name to make it look like this when i searched for th path:
\FMNEWGANv2/
after this, it just worked fine
i hope it helps :)

241486331_387250802951209_7266341071031356248_n.png

Thanks. I have successfully fixed that error. but i want to ask the coaching staff and the coach I don't see it changing. Or is it that the newgan facepack only changes the player, not the face staff or manager ???

View attachment 563545

Thanks. I have successfully fixed that error. but i want to ask the coaching staff and the coach I don't see it changing. Or is it that the newgan facepack only changes the player, not the face staff or manager ???

i think it only changes faces of players, at least the staff doesnt have faces in my save too

i think it only changes faces of players, at least the staff doesnt have faces in my save too

if I play a new club now, in the new gan manager app, in the mode section, which of the 3 parts should I choose: generate, overwrite or preverse to replace faces ?