I've been using the program with no issues. Today the Newgan program crashed and then does not open. I deleted and reinstalled but nothing. I have auto updates on my Win 10. Wondering if something has changed.

I've run into an issue when i go to import the views and filters into the player search they don't appear despite having the files in there respective folders, anyone know how to fix this issue. On Mac btw as well

Hi there

First of all i like to thank all of which contributed to this facepack. really amazing.
Now for me it is not working at the moment. I looked everywhere if someone has the same problem but it seem s not. My problem i cant import the downloaded views so i cant create the correct rtf file. I use FM 21 Touch with original skin it always says:

"This view in file "SCRIPT FACES player search" is not valid for the current panel" i tried it with different languages, zoom levels but i couldn find the problem. (Importing the is regen filter worked fine and everything else too). Would be glad if someone has the solution to this.

Greetings from Switzerland

I've installed the latest version of the NewGAN program and my previous profiles aren't there and I don't seem to be able to load them when I've found them in the old locations

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Hello!

Anyone play FM on the Mac? Really trying to get the Zealand newgen pack working and I’m going mad. I’ve got everything set up but I can’t seem to print the text file. I have tried every keyboard command I can think of, none work. I can select all with control + A but nothing works for the print function. I’ve also noticed the print screen function on the FM drop down menu isn’t able to be used. Any ideas? Help would be massively appreciated. Thanks.

Screenshot (12).png

I'm having an issue where its frozen on map to like this.

I've followed every YouTube video there is and no explanation. Also I can't find my config file anywhere.

What's wrong please

It keeps stopping at 'map player to' with a black bar. I've tried everything I can think of. Don't know if I've made a stupid mistake at some point but it just won't work for me at all. I've used the SCRIPT FACES player search filter, made that mistake initially. I've left it running for around 3 hours at one point and it didn't move past this point.Tried different amount of regens, checked the rtf files. Doesn't seem to be an issue with those.
View attachment 529861
same. I don't really know what's going on, I made sure I did everything right, even trying with one player and still not working.
I'm in the same boat aswell, did ye guys get any fix for it? Support is no help at all.

View attachment 532001

I've followed every YouTube video there is and no explanation. Also I can't find my config file anywhere.

What's wrong please

Sadly I'm having the same problem. My progress seems to be stuck in exactly the same place. I've restarted the programme, followed the same procedures and it does the same thing. Does it matter if FM is open? I'v tried both having it open and closed, same result.

Mac Newgen Manager.

Okay, I got it working. Instead of trying to do all 14,000 newgens I selected 15 and used those as my rtf. document. The Manager worked perfectly with this much smaller number. I then went back into FM (which had been open the whole time), went to preferences, turned off cache and reloaded skin. Boom! it worked.

It looks like the problem was trying to change tens of thousands of faces. Now, I guess I need to work out how to make a useful list at a size it can cope with...

Hello
I have a problem when install NewGen Manager i cant find apps anywhere.
Now even in %localappdata%\Programs\NewGAN Manager ... there just dont have app ??

EDIT: i found it ****** lol

Last edited:
Mac Newgen Manager.

Okay, I got it working. Instead of trying to do all 14,000 newgens I selected 15 and used those as my rtf. document. The Manager worked perfectly with this much smaller number. I then went back into FM (which had been open the whole time), went to preferences, turned off cache and reloaded skin. Boom! it worked.

It looks like the problem was trying to change tens of thousands of faces. Now, I guess I need to work out how to make a useful list at a size it can cope with...

Having tried a number of different batch numbers I can only get it to work with tiny samples of less than 10. That works fine for changing all the newgens at my club but is obviously no good for the rest of the game.

For anyone wanting to replace silhouettes for non-regens that you just don't have a facepack image for, particularly if you're playing modded low tier leagues, you can replace these with a simple fix to the code. The code specifically looks for IDs of 10 digits length. If you open the file C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Programs\NewGAN-Manager\app\rtfparser.py in your text editor of choice (replace YourName with your profile name) and edit line #9 to read:
Code:
UID_regex = re.compile('([0-9])')
by deleting the {10} part of the code. Open Command Prompt (in admin mode to be safe), and recompile the code by entering
Code:
cd C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Programs\NewGAN-Manager\python
python C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Programs\NewGAN-Manager\app\newganmanager\__main__.py
replacing the YourName part again. The new window will run and after selecting/changing your profile and pointing the locations to the correct folders/files, run the program using Preserve (I assume you've already run this for the bulk of players and are just cleaning up here).

YMMV obviously, but doing this has filled all those silhouettes in my squad - I run this just using a small rtf file filtered against my club only, I can live with silhouettes for players in other teams.

Last edited:
Just realised that there is a staff seach filter as well as one for the players so I've been able to create a combined RTF file for both staff and players ... brilliant. I've also used the updated NEWGAN manager and that was so fast it created the config file virtually instantaniously. Great job. Thank you.

easy fix, in newgan map, open app folder and then config folder, copy those 3 items, go back 2 times. there you open config folder and paste the 3 items there. the program should work now

I'm running into this same issue but there are only two items in the config folder. What am I missing here?

Just realised that there is a staff seach filter as well as one for the players so I've been able to create a combined RTF file for both staff and players ... brilliant. I've also used the updated NEWGAN manager and that was so fast it created the config file virtually instantaniously. Great job. Thank you.
How did you go around searching for staff? I am on FM20 and I can't find a search option for NewGen staff.

View attachment 532001

What's wrong please
I have exactly the same problem. Is there anything I can do? Or that's just mistake in this mod? Maybe my computer is too weak too

Thanks for all the hard work, I have follow the you tube video but can't find RTF file 2020 or any RTF file . I am on a Mac cheers

Ok, I have players figured out....

Staff I am having real trouble with. How do I generate a search for just regen staff? There isn't a "is newgen" option, or filter for it (or at least I cant find it, lol.)

TIA...