Ok, I have players figured out....

Staff I am having real trouble with. How do I generate a search for just regen staff? There isn't a "is newgen" option, or filter for it (or at least I cant find it, lol.)

TIA...

I did it by sorting the staff by UIDs, generated the rtf file to include all staff and then edited the rtf file using Notepad++ to include only newgen staff. I then combined the staff rtf file with the players' rtf file and used this to generate a single config file.

Last edited:
Now it worked for me i just tried everythign again, but not every face got chagned. Only maybe every 2 faces or sth no idea why

Hey all.

After many many, many problems getting this to work, I finally generated my first face! :)

What I seem to have learned is that the RTF file MUST be in your Sports Interface /Football Manager 2021 folder, or it won't work.

Since when you generate an RTF file, you can save it wherever you want, you might want to add this to the instructions.

I'd still love to see a future enhancement that is capable of generating new faces for non-newgen players as well.

Thanks all!

However, I will add, because I'm not allowed to have nice things, it definitely didn't generate all of the faces. I only had 250 or so in my list, and so far the only one I can find that was actually generated was the very first one.

Any ideas?

I would really love for a future version of this to allow regeneration of ALL faces, not just newgens. Pretty please!

However, I will add, because I'm not allowed to have nice things, it definitely didn't generate all of the faces. I only had 250 or so in my list, and so far the only one I can find that was actually generated was the very first one.

Any ideas?
Yes, I think even though the NewGAN manger 'sticks' at certain point and doesn't change the faces of all the players in the RTF is does change some, maybe 20% - it is difficult to tell. But annoying because now have a mixture of wonderful new faces and old computer generated ones that look even more terrible in comparison.

I would really love for a future version of this to allow regeneration of ALL faces, not just newgens. Pretty please!

as someone else who only plays with all fictional players I would also like to see this feature

I think I've figured it out. Using all fictional players is what's breaking it. The UID values are too low for them to be newgens in non-fictional player database so I think that's why they're getting skipped. I'm not sure there's much that can be done about that, unfortunately.

@Ayal do you know if it is possible/practical that this could be added to the NewGAN manager (ie so it would search a larger range of UID values), or is there something in FM that would prevent this? thank you for your work on this (and everyone else involved). despite not absolutely hating the current regen faces in FM, I can't wait to see my team in 5-10 years time

AZ.png AZ U18.png

[first team compared with u18s]

i'm having a problem with the rtf file, it says is invalid. what do i do?

Yeah, I got the same problem too, ~1 and a half season in.

I try to modify the file or something but it keeps saying "RTF file is invalid" even though I have done nothing differently than I did before, when it worked smoothly

This is a big turnoff, please fix it as it seems many other people seem to have the same issue

as someone else who only plays with all fictional players I would also like to see this feature

@Ayal do you know if it is possible/practical that this could be added to the NewGAN manager (ie so it would search a larger range of UID values),
I posted a workaround for this on the last page: https://fm-base.co.uk/threads/newgan-facepack.164663/post-2514806 - there's no reason why this couldn't be added to the program itself as a checkbox option if the devs want to.

I posted a workaround for this on the last page: https://fm-base.co.uk/threads/newgan-facepack.164663/post-2514806 - there's no reason why this couldn't be added to the program itself as a checkbox option if the devs want to.

oh cool, nice to see it's possible. thanks for the heads up

I'm on a mac and the file structure for NewGAN seems to be set up a little differently, so I'm going to need to figure that out and learn how to recompile the code, but hopefully I can get it working

edit: not having any luck with this, seems simple but having no experience with python and terminal I'm hitting a brick wall

Last edited:
Is there anyway to use the old Regen face pack from 2020? I know its not as intuitive but id trade the ethnicity identifier so that i didnt have to run the newGAN-Manager every year!

Oh, and it worked after I did a clean reinstall and generated faces for the same save from scratch. I'll see if reinstalling the game but making a backup of the profile first fixes the invalid RTF file error.

Hi guys. Absolutely loving this great addition to the game.
I think I've broken mine though. I tried it for the second time to update some new players and the pathways box was greyed out. Anyway I accidentally deleted the pathway that was there and now NEWGAN manager wont open up. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but when I try to open, nothing.
Please help.

Hi guys. Absolutely loving this great addition to the game.
I think I've broken mine though. I tried it for the second time to update some new players and the pathways box was greyed out. Anyway I accidentally deleted the pathway that was there and now NEWGAN manager wont open up. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but when I try to open, nothing.
Please help.

Usually, when the box is greyed out, you have to change the profile to something else and change back. For some reason, that seems to be required every time you launch the program.
Can't really help with the rest, though... I'd suggest checking whether you have really uninstalled it (if the files in the newgan installation folder /local/appdata or wherever that was are still here, if yes, delete them) and whether you have followed the installation instructions correctly when you reinstalled it.

It works for everyone except for my own players. I've tried making new rtf files with unemployed managers to have everyone in the game but it's still not working for the players from my own team. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Any have the same?

It works for everyone except for my own players. I've tried making new rtf files with unemployed managers to have everyone in the game but it's still not working for the players from my own team. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Any have the same?

Are you doing it through player search? If so, untick the box that says "exclude own players"