Edit the newgan.log file with a text editor by deleting the line(s) which contain your newgen's uid and then regenerate the config.xml file. I've also deleted the uid reference from the original config.xml file but I don't think that this step is necessary.

Thanks for the response - this didn’t work for me but I did figure out another way in case anyone else sees this.

I went into the config.xml file and CTRL+F'd the player's UID. I noticed that a non-bugged entry looked something like this:

<record from="Caucasian/Caucasian1038" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000383289/portrait"/>

However, my affected player's entry look like this:

<record from="Caucasian/Central European9664" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000353848/portrait"/>

For some reason, the first half of part in bold had changed from Central European to Caucasian, which in turn stopped the player's face being matched with the player. I made sure it was the first half that had gone wrong and not the second by looking for picture Central European9664 in the Central European folder of the facepack, and confirmed it was indeed my player's lost face.

I just changed Caucasian back to Central European, saved the config.xml file and reloaded the skin in-game, and the face was back.

I took it a step further then and used find and replace for all entries of Caucasian/Central European and changed them to Central European/Central European, which in turn fixed all the other players who I'd noticed had lost their faces over the years (but ignored because they weren't mine haha). I've only noticed this issue affecting players with Central European faces so far, but it might affect others. Just fix the file path in the player's entry, and their face should pop back up.

Hi guys, any idea why I cannot find the rtf file for the NEW-GAN? I have followed step-by-step and didn't even notice that we downloaded any rtf file. Thanks in advance!

Is it possible to use Newgan to replace blank profile faces on your team? I tried, but it only generated faces for my Newgens! It seems to ignore any players who are not newgens. Is there any way around this? Would love to generate faces for my faroe islands team, but they're not all newgens!

Hi guys, any idea why I cannot find the rtf file for the NEW-GAN? I have followed step-by-step and didn't even notice that we downloaded any rtf file. Thanks in advance!
You have to create the RFT file by running the newgen search filter, viewing with the instructed view and then printing to an rtf file.

Hi.
This, along with skins that remove attributes and CA/PA, is the best thing that happened in years for FM.
Only problem i have noticed is some newgens receive african faces even though they have european ethnicity.
Might because their skin seems a little to dark when you look at their newgen face.
And please release more faces 🙂
Amazing work!

I tried to insert faces for the newgens after a Season in which I already used the tool, I selected "preserve" but appeared faces just for the newgens, deleting the old ones, I had to Generate new faces for everyone again (and changed the faces I had). Is there a way to avoid this next season?

Does it work with FM19 oder FM20? Can i manually add a folder for faces to be used by the FM for new players?

I was able to create images for the newgens one season, but the next one I just couldn't.
Even to make the first time the images was really hard.

Hi, when I try to print the text file, there is a file size cutoff and I end up with very few regens in the file. Is this a known issue where FM doesn't preint the complete player search and if so is there a fix?

Zealand uploaded SAGKRZealand Facepack

If you have any questions or need any support, please do not hesitate to ask.

Hi. I'm on FM20 (mac through steam) and I have encountered some issues and would like to know if anyone have any solutions.

1) I cannot open the filter. I (probably) solved this by using the hidden attribute instead to generate the RTF file, BUT
2) The 'NEW-Gan Manager' keeps telling me that the 'RTF file is invalid' and 'Parsing RTF'.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me out!

Having the same issue. Worked alright the first time, then I noticed some regens did not get their faces changed when others for teams in the same league did. Tried to redo it but the UI wasn't letting me select anything, so I closed it down. Wouldn't open back up so uninstalled it entirely and reinstalled. Get the loading cursor for a bit then nothing at best

If you are in trouble with an error "RTF file is invalid!", just uninstall NewGAN-manager and try ver1.1.0.
For me, it works fine now.

Newgan Manager programı çalışmıyor, kurulumu yaptıktan sonra tıklıyorum ama açılmıyor lütfen yardım. anlattığınız şekilde anlamadım ? Kurulumu yaptım ama açılmıyor !

Attachments

• Adsız.png
    Adsız.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 66
Hey guys, I'm using the 1.2 version newgan pack and got to the point to update the faces of the new guys. I used preserve, however it replaced all faces.

I've heard this is fixed as known defect from before, but it does not work for me.

I also checked the config.xml in the NewGan image folder, below is an example, it all looks fine, no .png added

<record from="SAMed/SAMed1732" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000166584/portrait"/>
<record from="Asian/Asian3195" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000162404/portrait"/>
<record from="African/African10213" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000166991/portrait"/>
<record from="African/African4457" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000166990/portrait"/>
<record from="African/African5068" to="graphics/pictures/person/2000166989/portrait"/>

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Maybe I have done something stupid (thank you for your patience if so). But I did a round of NEWGAN generation a while ago and it worked fine. I just did another one for some new regens I bought and for updates. I clicked on preserve this time but it seems to have removed all of my old ones and not added new ones to all the individuals in the RTF file. It might even have added none. Do I have an old version of the application or is this a known issue? I feel like I might not have updated it for a while but maybe thats fine?

Hello, I am trying to install this add on for my Football Manager 20 save. However, when I get to the part where you import the filter, nothing shows up. I read the review saying this can be fixed by using the in game editor to filter hidden attributes but unfortunately I do not have the in game editor. Is there any other way to filter for newgens on FM20?