do you know where bielsa's link is? i might have a look at his attacking phase to implement mine

Bielsa’s Chile the most tactically-exciting side | Zonal Marking
Bielsa set to thrive in Bilbao | Zonal Marking
Athletic Bilbao’s movement v Sporting | Zonal Marking
Marcelo Bielsa – Method in the Madness | chalkontheboots

The last link is particularly interesting because it looks at his philosophy before Bilbao with Chile...With Bilbao he can be less adventurous or aggressive with his tactics because of them being Basque-only and being in La Liga with genuine aspirations in the league.

“Our simple ethos is this: we try and win the ball back as quickly as possible from our opponents as far up the field as we can. And by that I mean everyone is involved in regaining the ball, from the forwards through to anyone else”
“Then once we have the ball, we try and find a way of getting forward as quickly as possible, in a vertical direction if you like. But we don’t get frustrated if we can’t get it forward immediately, we aim to be comfortable on the ball, and if it’s not a case of going forward straight away, we keep it.”

I suppose the idea is that you have the 3 CB's + DM playing very defensively and high up the field, and the 3 forwards + playmaker acting as attackers....but what I found hard was the wing backs to implement as they often cut inside as you see in the movements link.

You would need to have two tactics though, as Bielsa changes from 2/3 CB's depending on how many strikers the opposition plays.

Would be interested to see what you think btw because I will start to try and adapt your tactic at the moment. Would you say your tactic is an attacking/counter/possession type tactic at the moment? Haven't had a chance to play with it yet

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...g-2-3-1-2-2-formation-aim-score-anywhere.html

Personally, I think this is a near representation of the formation/style, so I may try to combine yours with this.

The very difficult thing is the behaviour of the wing backs. Yes you want them to act as WB's defensively, but I noticed when attacking or trying to build up play, the WBs (even with cut inside) always push up the flanks, and you are left with just the DM and CM to build up play, whereas in Bielsa's teams, the WB's come inside to the middle to build up play....Any idea how to implement this philosophy for the WBs?

Last edited:
thanks m8 i'll try it in france with saint-etienne and ill give some feedback :)

I have tried many tactics on the forums and i will have to say this is hands down the best tactic. Really solid at the back and scoring consistently, well done nezza.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...g-2-3-1-2-2-formation-aim-score-anywhere.html

Personally, I think this is a near representation of the formation/style, so I may try to combine yours with this.

The very difficult thing is the behaviour of the wing backs. Yes you want them to act as WB's defensively, but I noticed when attacking or trying to build up play, the WBs (even with cut inside) always push up the flanks, and you are left with just the DM and CM to build up play, whereas in Bielsa's teams, the WB's come inside to the middle to build up play....Any idea how to implement this philosophy for the WBs?

good question mate, in my very first tactic called (best tactic ever) my WB's were scoring, assisting and acting as a CM at times i think the philosophy for this for WB was moved into channels instead of hugging touchline maybe this could be answer and also runs from deep could be put on sometimes

I have tried many tactics on the forums and i will have to say this is hands down the best tactic. Really solid at the back and scoring consistently, well done nezza.

cheers mate keep up the work

What training did you use Nezza? What's the best do you think?

thanks m8 i'll try it in france with saint-etienne and ill give some feedback :)
I saw you have tried Wolfsburg, do you have any success with any tactic? I tried bulk load of tactics (including this one) and can't get good result

Great tactic ! But, do you have the tactic in modern version (not classic, because i want to tweak it) ?

Great tactic ! But, do you have the tactic in modern version (not classic, because i want to tweak it) ?

sorry mate i only make them in classic to get more depth but i'll have a look at my deleted files it might still be in there hopefully

I like classic tactic bcoz i think it is more stable (and I am lazy!(K))

good question mate, in my very first tactic called (best tactic ever) my WB's were scoring, assisting and acting as a CM at times i think the philosophy for this for WB was moved into channels instead of hugging touchline maybe this could be answer and also runs from deep could be put on sometimes

Interesting, I will give this a go as well, I played 10 or so games with the basic formation as shown on the Chile tactics and the WBs were hugging the touchline as I said, so I'll try your idea and get back to you then.

Interesting, I will give this a go as well, I played 10 or so games with the basic formation as shown on the Chile tactics and the WBs were hugging the touchline as I said, so I'll try your idea and get back to you then.

my up to date tactic have these changes try it out and let me know, it's on my thread

When you get sent off,what player to replace?

If we one of DC or DMC get sent off,do we then replace FC and put into sent off position?
Sorry for my english :D.

If we one of DC or DMC get sent off,do we then replace FC and put into sent off position?
Sorry for my english :D.

i think a striker or your central midfielder should come off, you must by all means keep 3 DC and you DM on the pitch