nezza6969

Reaction score
hi guys iv'e re-created my Legendary 4-4-2 which i had in FM 13 and i got to say it's keeping up with the reputation with good goals, solid at the back and lovely passing and creativity throughout the whole team.

so here it is, it's back, it's bad and it's brilliant.

Tactic/Squad

View attachment 430959

this 4-4-2 is an compact tactic which makes it harder for the opposition to break down play, creativity will come from your midfield your wingers and your complete forward.

Premier League overview

View attachment 430958

as you can see from above i managed to get 92 goals but unfortunately i conceded 45 which at least 25-30 of those were from corners which drove me mad especially against the top teams.

Fixtures/Results

View attachment 430957 View attachment 430956 View attachment 430955

some good results against the bigger teams and with the squad i have to me it's impressive.

Transfers in/out

View attachment 430954

not really a good transfer for me and from the tactic/squad screenshot i still have many weak players, but this shows once this team has been improved i couldn't imagine what the result would of been like.

star players

View attachment 430953 my top scorer with 40 goals to his name but it was unfortunate that he got injured for 2 month sigh.

View attachment 430952 17 goals and 11 assist i can't wait to develop him more

training/Match prep

View attachment 430951 this is my regular but you can change it into defensive position if you wanted to.

Team Instructions

View attachment 430950

Warning Warning Warning

i must stress that for this tactic to work you must have good rotation of players for each role, unlucky for me i was never giving this chance due to my chairmen who every Geordie/Newcastle fan will know in two words

"Mike Ashley"

Hints/Tips

a few hints along the way in case your team struggles or holding onto a lead.

1 - when you are well ahead in the first half say about by 2-3-4 goals i would recommend changing Attacking to Control

2 - when against teams who seem to have more chances or you feel your getting pummelled go to team instructions and select either push much higher up ( against same team as yours ) or push up ( against the big boys )

3 - when playing away don't be afraid to use option 1 and have control, opponents will not always push up against you sometimes they sit deep and using control could break there defence down and open gaps.

4 - wingers foot - Left on Left Wing - Right on Right wing if you have the opposite try going into there PPM and get them to develop there weaker foot ( it's in the Technique training phase )

5 - players needed - when scouting for players make sure to look at the top right of there overview screen and make sure they have the same roles as the roles on the tactic, you can select them even if just say your player has a DLP role on the second or third slot this is fine

for instant View attachment 430949 as you can see Sissoko can play as a Advance playmaker and Deep lying Playmaker, these are the roles that are needed and same goas for your Strikers.

Tactic Link below

• tac.gif
    Nezza's super 4-4-2.tac (1.0 KB)
so enjoy guys and have fun

Looking forward to trying this in my Man City save. I just managed to buy Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I suppose he would work in the poacher role?

Thanks!

Going to Try this out now!! Any suggestions for the complete forward support role?

Looking forward to trying this in my Man City save. I just managed to buy Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I suppose he would work in the poacher role?

Thanks!

you would probably destroy every team with Man City

Loved your tactic in FM13 mate, hopefully give this a try soon, FM14 is so different from FM13

i am well up for trying this one now. how did oberton and gutieraz do for u during the season? would it be better to sell them start of season or secound season :) ?

Going to try this with Monaco witch role would be best for Falcao Poacher or Complete Foward

I will try with Galatasaray so most of the Champions League opponents will be hard. Do you recommend both control and pushing higher up or just one of them?

i am well up for trying this one now. how did oberton and gutieraz do for u during the season? would it be better to sell them start of season or secound season :) ?

it depends on who you buy, Jonas was a good backup and Obertan put in some good performances even the fans were upset when i sold him in the second season

I will try with Galatasaray so most of the Champions League opponents will be hard. Do you recommend both control and pushing higher up or just one of them?

either mate but it depends on how you had it first for instant if you played a bigger team and had push up higher from the kick off leave it as push up higher and if you have say a 2-0 lead switch to control but if the opposition seem to be getting better then switch to drop deeper