nezza6969

Reaction score
TESTERS NEEDED TO FULLY UPDATE THIS THREAD

Hi guys Iv'e created a 4-2-3-1 which is unusual since I haven't/never created a wide 4-2-3-1 before but hey there's always a first time for everything :)

first of though I would to describe this tactic as a ongoing tactic and is still in development but in the meantime I would really appreciate it if ppl would test this and post some SS off the success or not so success because I'm going to be a Daddy soon so I won't have much time to myself.

when I created this tactic I never looked at which position would be perfect for certain roles or who's the best player to get for certain roles instead I used a very uncommon style to approach this tactic and that's certain players to get that are more to get!

sounds confusing? I bet it did but I will explain more, when I check the transfers market or a basic player search I notice that most players in different positions tend to be the same for example if your looking for a Advance Forward nearly 95% of Strikers play as a AF or within there 3 roles they play you will see this role, so for me I wanted to utilize this.

training - match and general

this is what I use during the season to get the full affect out of the defenders since we all know by now defenders are the weakest flaw in this years FM.

players needed - follow the tactic roles of what you need but with the wingers though you can use wingers, defensive wingers and Inside Forwards because with them swapping sides during the match they switch roles as well to keep the opposition guessing.

OI - I never use them in my tactics because this could leave your players exposed and get hit hard on the counter but give it a try because it might work.

Like I said at the top I will keep my thread updated with SS and I will also post certain PPM's for players to make them better.

Transfer history

PPM's - ongoing.

SK - develop foot

BPD - mark tighter -

CB - mark tighter - simple passing

FB's - run down flank - knock ball past opponent - pass instead of shoot -

Box - get further forward - plays one two's - dictates tempo

AP-S - switch ball to flanks - killer balls through - comes deep -

Wingers - knock ball past opponent - places shoot - cuts inside - dribble down left and right flank - develop foot

AP-A - killer through balls - lobs keeper - develop foot

AF - beat offside trap - develop foot

P.S this tactic won't win you every game and it might not work for every team in every league since every opposition have different styles, but again please test this so I can see the good & bad with this tactic.

TACTIC LINK BELOW ( 4-2-3-1 )

View attachment 605616

TACTIC LINK BELOW ( 4-4-1-1 )

View attachment 608004

TACTIC LINK BELOW ( 4-1-2-2-1 )

View attachment 608026

TACTIC LINK BELOW ( New 4-2-3-1 )

View attachment 357507

( this new 4-2-3-1 has a much deeper D-Line in hope to keep the goals high and the conceding less )

Last edited:
RESERVED FOR SS

View attachment 372831 View attachment 372830 View attachment 372795 View attachment 372794

4 games in with 4 clean sheets and 13 goals

View attachment 372621 View attachment 372620 View attachment 372619 View attachment 372618

I finally beat my bogey team Everton :) but I draw with Fulham since they play a 4-1-2-1-2 but overall so far in the league and having only 3 defenders in my team this is looking impressive

View attachment 372271 View attachment 372270 View attachment 372269 View attachment 372268

not bad midway through the season and with only 9 goals conceded one above Man U I think is pretty impressive so far.

Last edited:
have you managed to win anything with this nezza?

in my old save I managed to win the PL & FA cup first season with Newcastle and I didn't have the right players for the roles so Iv'e started a new save with Newcastle to get the proper players and so far so good

with the 2 SS against Hull & Swansea they both were stronger against teams that play a 4231, and the game away against Swansea was just epic in every phase of play

will try and post results but will only try 1/2 season because ive got bored of using danilo. will use with my arsenal save, with benders, jese and cerci as my only siginings.

Ill pick it up Nezza, since you are one of my all time favourites on this forum ^^

Currently trying to tweak TFF_perfection and despite im pretty sucessfull with pacy direct attack, i cant figure out how to balance the defence as im leaking like crazy :p

ill try you'rs for the remaining 80% of the season and report back!

nezza what teamtalks u using ? I think there important to keep up morle

what I do for team talks and I do this all the time regardless what tactic or team I'm using is -

beginning of the match I say nothing at all let the lads go out with a clear head.

second half team -

when leading 1-0 but the player stats are low I go aggressive and not happy with performance.

if leading by 2 goals or more I say nothing at all, again keeps them from getting complacent

hope this helps mate

Ill pick it up Nezza, since you are one of my all time favourites on this forum ^^

Currently trying to tweak TFF_perfection and despite im pretty sucessfull with pacy direct attack, i cant figure out how to balance the defence as im leaking like crazy :p

ill try you'rs for the remaining 80% of the season and report back!

cheers mate, but don't worry about the defence it happens with all the tactic out there, Iv'e even re-created my legendary 3-3-3-1 tactic a few weeks back and still my defence got battered

So far so good, been using it since the 2-1 home win vs Besiktas.

Here are some screenshoots as its getting closer to fluid:

View attachment 606079View attachment 606080View attachment 606083View attachment 606086

Can't realy complaine as the 4-0 win vs Cagliari provided 3 ccc's 64% possession and hardly gave them a sniff :p

nice results mate, Iv'e also notice that I have more possession & CCC than the other team which could lead to this tactic being deadly for any team.

keep up the good work mate and keep me posted :)

Is the tactic basing itself around possession? In the screenshots you had some nice possession stats. I love the 4-2-3-1 system. Every tactic I have tried for the 4-2-3-1 is either low on possession, strikers offering little in terms of goals or the defence is horrible.

I was using Steaton's for a while but the player ratings were often terrible in the ST, Wingers/Inside Forwards and the CM's.

Is the tactic basing itself around possession? In the screenshots you had some nice possession stats. I love the 4-2-3-1 system. Every tactic I have tried for the 4-2-3-1 is either low on possession, strikers offering little in terms of goals or the defence is horrible.

I was using Steaton's for a while but the player ratings were often terrible in the ST, Wingers/Inside Forwards and the CM's.

the idea was at first was to have the back 4 more solid in defence whilst the CM, AM & Wingers controlled the game and the striker just stayed up top so in a way it was built on a possession style tactic.

when I started to create this tactic I notice I had a very good possession tactic on this thread but it was from the very first patch and I think only 1 person commented on the thread so it didn't get as popular as my other tactics, so I decided to upload the tactic onto my save and started to revamp it to suit this patch.

and like you said about "for the 4-2-3-1 is either low on possession, strikers offering little in terms of goals or the defence is horrible" I also had this in mind but thanks to Mohin and his 4-2-3-1 set up with his AP & striker I finally cracked it and it has done wonders for me, so cheers Mohin xx

at the moment though I'm trying a new attacking set piece because not many goals are coming from corners in this I'm using Jassars set piece for attacking and my own for defensive but I was thinking of switching to Danilo's attacking set pieces which I think is probably the best out there