Nigeria Banned

The group qualifiers take place during 2010 and 2011 though.

Yes, well their recent performances will probably see them unseeded, meaning they get Cameroon, Ghana & co in their group.

The group qualifiers take place during 2010 and 2011 though.
Exactly! They still would have to compete. He should rather flush out those old dead legs and build a team of under 25.

Yes, well their recent performances will probably see them unseeded, meaning they get Cameroon, Ghana & co in their group.

Their group is - Nigeria, Guinea, Ethiopia, Madagascar.

But will they take part in it? If they do, then they haven't pulled out of anything.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

The other problem Nigeria have is -- 2012 is the last time the ANC will take place in an even year. After that, it will change to uneven, with the first being 2013. As there is no time to schedule a qualification process for this tournament, every nation who qualifies for the 2012 ANC will automatically qualify for 2013. If Nigeria don't play in these qualifiers they're writing off two competitions straight away.

wow they really havent thought this through....

The chief of FA wants beating with a vuvuzela...

Er, hang on, i thought Sepp was having a go at Sarkozy for interfering with the country's football and promising to have a full report into what went wrong... so won't they just be banned completely now anyway? Or is it the president of the Nigerian FA?
Seems a little silly to me, i agree with madsheep when he says they should just play younger players and give them some experience, that's what Slovakia started doing, especially vs Holland, they blooded some youngsters for 5/10/15 minute run-outs...LINK

Just a thought -- France have been threatened with a FIFA suspension over unacceptable political interference in footballing matters. All France have really done is call for enquiries into their own team's lack lustre performance (rightly so, in my eyes too -- the public and government put a lot of money into football and deserve better from their own team.) Nigeria have gone way over the top in comparision so could a two year break (if FIFA stand firm) turn into a much longer suspension?

Pretty much what i said literally 7 minutes before... still if that does happen then they;ve shot themselves in the foot. FIFA should stand firm imo

The decison was made by Goodluck Jonathan - the President of the country.
His name is GOODLUCK? XD, he'll need it if FIFA get involved

Thats a bit crazy. Sucks for Nigerians I thought Hearts had it bad with Romanov lol.

i belive it needs to be done. the nigerian football team get massivly sidetracked by politics etc in the country and maybe loosking football for a few years might get their hunger back for it.

I think that some of their players may retire from intenational duty as they will want to be playing competitively

im not 2 sure about this decision as either way a country still needs to play games....

I could be wrong, but as far as i know, only FIFA has a right to ban them from participating in competitions. Funny thing is that with the President apparently now interfering it just so happens to be against FIFA rules, which consequently will result in an official ban by FIFA itself, as politics aren't to interfere with sport teams. Same thing happened with Iraq during qualifying stages for this WC.

FIFA have announced they'll suspend Nigeria from world football if the president doesn't overturn his ban on the national side playing in competitions by Monday.

FIFA have announced they'll suspend Nigeria from world football if the president doesn't overturn his ban on the national side playing in competitions by Monday.
and now it really starts... because for fifa's ban to have any effect it it would of course have to be longer than 2 years

and now it really starts... because for fifa's ban to have any effect it it would of course have to be longer than 2 years

Yeah, I think the Nigerian president will back down tbh because a world suspension is a whole different kettle of fish to a ban on playing competitions. They would be banned from friendlies and everything wouldn't they? I'm not even sure if it would affect just the mens team -- does anyone else know? I know a world ban for players is pretty harsh and prevents you playing almost any type of football associated with a FIFA registered league. Not sure how drastic the team version is though...

What is the Nigerian President expecting at the end of the day? They win the world cup? Some of these heads of state are so deluded and they know nothing about sport. They should keep out of it.

Yeah, I think the Nigerian president will back down tbh because a world suspension is a whole different kettle of fish to a ban on playing competitions. They would be banned from friendlies and everything wouldn't they? I'm not even sure if it would affect just the mens team -- does anyone else know? I know a world ban for players is pretty harsh and prevents you playing almost any type of football associated with a FIFA registered league. Not sure how drastic the team version is though...
i dont think it was the smart move in the first place,if you are looking for inprovments, forget about results and just use the upcoming games as 2 years of blooding a new generation, its something i'd like to see us doing through euro qualifying