Nike Academy - Your Chance: The Story

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 90
  • Views 12K
Update? (A)

I will try tonight. I did try yesterday before Arsenal vs. Birmingham, but the sheer amount of screenshots made it difficult to put in an update for even half the squad. Definitely trying tonight.

Update tonight or anytime soon matey (A) ?

I am going to, but I am trying to figure out how to put in all of the screenshots into one update.

Definitely will be up soon. I am apologetic for the delay.

brilliant so far mate, not sure about me being a hard nut but defo better than John Terry ;) lol looking forward to the next update.

I am going to, but I am trying to figure out how to put in all of the screenshots into one update.

Definitely will be up soon. I am apologetic for the delay.

No need to apologise or anything in all honesty mate I was only commenting so that when you added in the update it would appear in recent threads because it would have just went in under the other post just thought i'd split it up :p

brilliant so far mate, not sure about me being a hard nut but defo better than John Terry ;) lol looking forward to the next update.

Thanks and we will see in the future. ;)

No need to apologise or anything in all honesty mate I was only commenting so that when you added in the update it would appear in recent threads because it would have just went in under the other post just thought i'd split it up :p

Ah, I see. Clever thinking. :)

Well, the update should be either tonight or tomorrow. Depends. If tonight, great. If tomorrow, still great.

The update should have been quite some time ago, but I don't know why it hasn't been.

I know what it is like :)

And I only had 21 players in my one... ;)

Mass screenshots are a *****. Uploading them all takes forever, and then you have to add them to you post which takes a while when there are a lot.

I know what it is like :)

And I only had 21 players in my one... ;)

Mass screenshots are a *****. Uploading them all takes forever, and then you have to add them to you post which takes a while when there are a lot.

I have decided on how I am going to update. Prepare for one tonight.

picture.php

August - November Update: Three months in, and we are riding high

###

I never thought we could get this far. Three months into the season and we are second in the league. Brilliant. The lads are playing well, we have the strongest attack in the league and on-course to win it. The general directors back in Oregon have given me the thumbs up in saying that my position as Head Coach of the academy is 'very secure' and continuing to play like this will reap mass benefits for the academy. I agree with them. We have so many talented players that, even if some of the first-team get injured, we have players to fall back on and still do a decent job. Maybe even take their first-team role and make it their own. Who knows? They certainly do. I've been knocking it in their heads since the start, and they know that there is no spot reserved in the first-team.

The lads have improved as well. Some of them have been targeted by much bigger clubs than ourselves and others have been called up by their respective nations to go on duty and serve on international level. Both in their U21's and in the senior teams. Me, Huw and Jon have been really encouraged by the team's performances of-late, and proud of them for doing so well. Subtract the eliminations from the Johnstone's Paint Trophy and the Carling Cup, and we have played much better than the odds put out.

But two days before November kicked in, Huw e-mailed me a small team report, consisting brief comments on the team so far, and his views on who is doing great, and those who need improvement. I log into my Hotmail account, click on the e-mail, download the file and continue to read from a page down ...

###

"Hi Nick,

Wanted to send you the three-monthly report that will be regularly around this season for us to analyse the squad. Please find the attached report."

I read ...

Goalkeepers

Jordan Kennedy (*JK*)

Appearances: 8
Goals conceded: 9
Average rating: 6.81

"Jordan has been a good goalkeeper of-late, and has shown some strong performances in goal. This was typically so when we hosted Aldershot Town at home, winning 3-0. He has been a strong contender for the no. 1 shirt in recent times, and also small yet significant improvements in training to gain a clinical advantage over the other two 'keepers. One criticism, however, will be that he will need to improve his decision-making in the future, as we kick on with much more difficult games."

Kevin Naylor (KevNaylor)

Appearances: 8
Goals conceded: 6
Average rating: 6.85

"The most consistent of the three goalkeepers, Naylor has shown signs of strength in consistency, and fine form in goal. He has played well in recent times, and an example of this is in the 7-2 home win over Chesterfield in the league. Despite conceding two goals, the Irishman kept a good game, and made some world-class saves in the defence's times of need. Naylor has also been capped by the Irish national team, having made three appearances in the country's youth. Although competing marginally with Kennedy, Naylor is edging into the lead."

Edward Syers (Ed Syers)

Appearances: 2
Goals conceded: 3
Average rating: 6.60

"In a distant third, Syers has not really shown much potential yet. His last performance in goal was very poor, and was unable to keep a clean sheet against a much weaker team - resulting in the academy's elimination from the Johnstone's Paint Trophy first round. Despite this, he has been capped at international level for the England U21's team which, to his credit, has given him more of a chance of making a first-team return. I would suggest that regular appearances in goal for Syers will help him improve on the way to January."

Defenders

Niall Lawton (Lawton10)

Appearances: 12 (1)
Bookings/sending offs: 3 yellows, 0 reds
Assists: 1
Average rating: 7.20

"Lawton has shown good consistency in the left back position of late, and has played every game this season in that position. The fullback has covered time and time again in the absence of Nevo and Kemp from the lacking area, to which he has also contributed to the team with one assist. Should Lawton continue, further first-team appearances may be required for him to improve, and challenge for a spot in the England U21's squad, like Naylor and Syers have for their respective nations."

Pauley (CtPauley)

Appearances: 13 (2)
Bookings/sending offs: 1 yellow, 0 reds
Average rating: 7.08

"Alongside current captain Joe Williams, Pauley has been a very important defender in the team's back four this season, with signs of improvement in every match. Having played fourteen times this season for the academy shows already that he is a great player with potential to succeed, and not just at club level. A good example of this was in the academy's 1-0 win over Charlton in the Carling Cup at the back with captain Joe Williams. Pauley can be very proud of himself for being such a consistent and well-performing player."

Joe Williams (Average Joe)

Appearances: 12 (2)
Average rating: 7.03

"Captain of the academy, Williams, alongside Pauley, has been an excellent central defender, with contributions to the team in scoring a goal so far with a goal to his name. Sensational performances at the back in several league games has re-affirmed his potential to be a great central defender in the future, has also been accompanied with the influence he brings on the team. His performances against Accrington Stanley, Aldershot Town, Chesterfield and Burton Albion were nothing short of brilliant, as well as two good showings as a substitute in the absence of other defenders.

Alan Kemp (AldoKemp-1)

Appearances: 6
Average rating: 7.15

"Since Kemp's return from injury, the Scotsman has seemingly been able to intergrate back into the line-up, with good showings at left back, in central midfield and central defence. As an enforcer in the midfield alongside creative players, Kemp has been a great replacement for others, and been his best in such a position. Uncapped, I would not put it off the youngster to take duty for the Scotland national team, and put in even stronger teams for his country."

Omar Danish (Rennomillo)

Appearances: 3
Average rating: 7.03

"Danish has not really been given an opportunity to flourish yet in his role as a central defender, but his last three apperances in central defence have been very good. His last performance, in the 0-0 draw with Northampton Town at home, defined this theory. Another was in the 1-1 draw with Brighton Albion. The consistent performances by Pauley and Williams at the back has marred the chances of other defenders in the squad, which includes Danish, but his recent calling-ups to the Malaysian national team has helped his chances of being selected in the future. Having already featured three times, Danish has shown potential."

Luke Cummings (Computerholic14)

Appearances: 13 (1)
Bookings/sending offs: 4 yellows, 1 red
Average rating: 7.01

"Despite having been sent off in the past, and been booked four times in his recent appearances, Cummings has featured in the first-team regularly enough to warrant a spot on the bench, and a back-up to some of the other consistent players. Having been predominantly played down the right hand side as a fullback, he has also had times played as a central midfielder. Even then, he has shown good versatility, alongside other creative players. Down both flanks, Lawton and Cummings have been good performers, and like Lawton, he is a to-be-capped fullback for the England team if he continues to play at the standard he has done at right back."

Harry Charnock (HarryinHD)

Appearances: 5 (2)
Bookings/sending offs: 3 yellows, 0 reds
Average rating: 7.37

"Having not appeared in the first-team since his injury in pulling his hamstring, Charnock has been the best defender in the team in terms of averaging match performances, as well as scoring two goals from set-pieces in the academy's 2-1 home win over Southend United. One concern, however, is his aggressiveness in his performances. Three yellow cards in five games has shown that he needs to be a little more conservative with his tackling, or risk being sent off. I have talked to him in the past about this, but he has refused to unlearn it. I would advise trying to yourself in risk of him sitting out more matches this season."

Ryan Stubbs (MisterStubbs)

Bookings/sending offs: 0 yellows, 0 reds
Average rating: 7.30

"An iron-fist defender, Stubbs has stepped in as a back-up several times this season for unavailable defenders, and done the job well. Stubbs has played consistently well, with good games against Burton Albion, Port Vale, Shrewsbury Town and Northampton Town, alongside Pauley. He has also been one of the best defenders, like Charnock, in terms of recent performances in games, and made it quite well-known that he is just as good as anyone else in the squad. A clean record of no yellow or red cards, it looks like Stubbs could be a good defender, and nudge off some other prosperous players from their wagons."

Tim Harrison (Tharros)

Appearances: 8 (4)
Average rating: 7.02

"Harrison has been more of a utility player than he has been a more of a starter. He has played, equally, in defensive midfield, central midfield and central defence, with three appearances each in the positions to equate to his appearances altogether. Minor improvements have been noitceable, and contribution to the team has also been just as good."

Midfielders

Pablo Hernandez (Redrup)

Appearances: 8 (5)
Goals: 2
Assists: 7
Man of the Match awards: 2
Bookings/sending offs: 2 yellows, 0 reds
Average rating: 7.34

"Hernandez has definitely shown signs of being a potential world-beater. The Argentinian has been putting in the work, with the majority of his appearances this season coming from the left hand-side as a left winger, but also as a right midfielder for the Argentinian national side in their youth squad. His recent performances against Burton Albion, Aldershot Town and Shrewsbury Town have been largely impressive, and ones that have seen him get two goals from, as well as five of the seven assists he has to his name. Hernandez has also caught the eye of Italian Serie A outfit Lazio in recent times, with their interest in bringing the youngster on a permanent transfer. No bids have been made so far."

Ronan (Ronan)

Goals: 1
Man of the Match awards: 0
Average rating: 6.97

"The Irishman's season has been largely hampered by a sports hernia suffered at the peak of October, leaving him out for a month and more and being replaced by other attacking midfielders in Siddharta Gurung, Conor McFadden and Nathan Burbidge. Since then, he has been quite disappointing, and not re-captured the form that was once shown in the team's 4-1 win over Torquay United at the start of the season, scoring one goal and being substituted in the 85th minute due to fatigue and tiredness. Should he find his form back in the centre of the attacking midfield, he should be a greater challenger than most for a spot."

Sergey Tikhonov (Fossmeister)

Appearances: 10 (3)
Average rating: 7.08

"Alongside McFadden, Tikhonov has been a great part of the team's centre midfield, creating a 'creator - destroyer partnership' in the midfield and consistently putting in good performances to build a strong relationship. His recent contribution to the team in the 7-2 thrashing of Chesterfield at home, to which he scored twice, is a benefactor in also giving praise to the fact that he has been captained four times (also scoring once) in the Russian U21's squad, as well as captaining the side. His mentality over the last three months has been good, and his potential to be a great box-to-box midfielder is rising."

Siddharta Gurung (sidgurung97)

Assists: 4
Average rating: 7.07

"Having stepped in for Ronan when suffering from a sports hernia, Gurung has been impressive of late, and shown his abilities as a player in a central role to make the critical passes into the frontmen and to spray it wide to a winger if needed. His passing skills are good enough to open up opportunities and his skill matches it. His marvellous performance against Port Vale is a good example of this. Further performances like such may warrant more rewards for the youngster."

Davide Holioske (Devoultcha)

Appearances: 0 (1)
Goals: 0
Assists: 0
Average rating: 7.43

"Despite good showings in non-competitive matches, Holioske has found it difficult to intergrate within the team, and challenge for a first-team spot. The Spanish-Romanian midfielder is yet to make his senior debut for the academy, as well as prove which position suits him best, and probably the fall of a much more consistent player would be an opening for him into the team. He has also been capped on international level, which also points out that he is a good player. His strengths and weaknesses seem disporportioned, but finding the right role and duty maybe very beneficial."

Conor McFadden (IrishScouse)

Appearances: 11 (1)
Assists: 5
Man of the Match awards: 3
Average rating: 7.41

"One of the most consistent players in the squad, McFadden has been the club's playmaker since the start of the season, and shown some outstanding performances in which has helped the team greatly in creating chances and finishing them off. The co-captain of the academy, McFadden has been mainly played in his favouritised central midfield role, and flourished with such in completing 84% of his passes in the last twelve appearances he has made. A good sign of his performances was the team's 7-2 drubbing of Chesterfield at home, and McFadden completed 38 passes out of 49. The 50 pass mark has been achieved, although the success rate has not been as good. His match against Macclesfield Town came closest, with 55 passes, yet 46 of them were complete. Uncapped, he is certainly showing real raw potential as a playmaker. Similar to Claudio Marchisio, or Raul Meireles."

Kenny Rush (bozinis8)

Appearances: 0
Average rating: 7.00

"Like Ronan, Rush has had his career at the academy slightly jeopardised by the strained knee ligaments that he suffered from mid-way through September, keeping him out of action for the next month and a half. Since then, his last game was in the pre-season against Kidderminster Harriers, where he put in a decent performance as an attacking midfielder. Non-competitive football is helping him so far regain fitness, but it will be difficult for him, like others, to get into the team after having a poor start."

Gustavo Parra (LGFIRE)

Appearances: 2 (8)
Average rating: 7.04

"The Chilean winger has been a super-sub for the academy in recent times, supplying that extra fight within the closing stages of the game and assist in a few more goals to wrap up games. Parra has been unlucky so far, with the consistent form of Hernandez and Burbidge keeping him out of the first-team. He is currently suffering from injury with a groin strain, suffered in the latter stages of October, but should be available very soon. Despite some good performances, it hasn't been enough to establish a strong contendership for a spot in the first-team, and that has come down to some incosistency on his part. I am sure, upon his return and regular appearances in the first-team will give him a chance in becoming a mainstay figure."

Ilham (Haunter99)

Average rating: 6.95

"Ilham has not been really given a chance of late to prove his potential as a player that can challenge for a first-team spot. His lack of starts has shown that he is in need of more to really put in a fight, and appearances for the national team has only been his saving grace. Ilham, if given chances, could be a consistently good performer."

Strikers

Storm (Ravenie)

Goals: 6
Penalties taken/converted ratio: 0 (0)
Assists: 3
Man of the Match awards: 1
Average rating: 7.70

"Having scored in all six of his appearances in the first-team, Storm has been a better striker than most in being clinical and consistent. His ability to finish has improved, and shown on the international stage, having scored once for Scotland in two appearances. Three assists for the team examples how he can be a team-player, as well as help out players that play behind him in contributing. With more work, Storm could actually cause a storm."

Daniel Feliciano (DMF)

Penalties taken/convered ratio: 0 (0)
Average rating: 6.50

"Feliciano has not been able to perform with the heavy competition for the striker spot. On paper, he has been said to be arguably the strongest striker in the squad, with great strengths and few weaknesses, but his actual on-pitch action has not really confirmed that theory. His last game, against Southend United (to which we won 1-0) saw him give a pretty poor performance from one of his best positions. He was eventually subbed and given reserve football. Hopefully, Feliciano will return stronger, and work in training with his mental abilities will definitely make him a stronger contender for a spot in the first-team. He has already been capped by the Portuguese national team, so with that, it should be motivation to show why he was picked."

Nathan Burbidge (Nathan)

Appearances: 13 (1)
Goals: 8
Penalties taken/conversion ratio: 0 (0)
Man of the Match awards: 3
Average rating: 7.43

"Burbidge has been undoubtedly the team's best winger. On a consistent basis, the winger has put in marvellous performances in scoring goals from the right-flank and picking up three Man of the Match awards to re-affirm his importance at this current point in time. Small blips have occurred, but the general feeling is that the youngster has been an asset to the right flank, and alongside Hernandez, have been a credit. Work in training will make him much better and dangerous."

Aleksander Algo (Sass101)

Appearances: 3 (1)
Goals: 3
Average rating: 7.67

"Algo has had some good performances as a head striker, and has shown it in scoring three goals in four games. The Estonian is currently being re-trained to a right winger, in hopes of being a lot more versatile and accompanying his attributes with positions down the flanks, as well as challenge other wingers for a spot. Four international appearances and three goals proves his case even more as a deadly striker and a good one to score consistently."

Michael Wilson (Taida)

Appearances: 4 (1)
Average rating: 6.35

"Wilson has been playing much lower than the standard expected of him, and will need to show that he is a good player with goals in games. Having not scored only once this season (in the 1-1 draw with Brighton Albion) he is more than capable of knocking a few in. On paper, he seems like a good enough striker to play in the Championship, but not performing well in League 2 concerns a lot of people. The Scottish striker will definitely have to turn on the pace if he is to make a real difference in the challenge for the first-team spot as striker."

Liam Richardson (FM1063)

Average rating: 7.0

"Richardson has played decently this season as a versatile winger and striker, with two goals in five appearances. Some poor showings has slightly deteriorated his chances, but the missing form of some of the more consistent players may be to his benefit and allow him to venture into the first-team, giving hope to a shot at a handful of chances to prove his worth. Also, some poor mentalities have developed in his game, so work in training over the coming months should iron these things out."

Dean Burke (Burkie7)

Appearances: 6 (2)
Goals: 3
Average rating: 7.06

"Burke's performances of late have been something of inconsistent, as well as not being a firm goalscorer to be chosen out of the other four or five. His goalscoring record of three goals and three assists in eight games is really not good enough in terms of another who has scored six goals in six appearances. However, his recent performances against Port Vale and Shrewsbury Town, to which he scored in both, gave belief. It is hopeful that he will continue that goalscoring form from now on."

Damien Nevo

Penalties taken/conversion ration: 0 (0)
Average rating: 6.90

"Predominantly played in centre of the midfield or in defence, Nevo has been more of a utility player than first-team appearance maker. Though favouring the centre forward role, Nevo's strengths have not lived up for a spot as a striker, and therefore leading him to be placed as a destroyer amongst the centre of the midfield. With time though, it is certain that he can become a much stronger central midfielder and versatile player."

Charlie Southall (miggo97)

Average rating: 7.82

"Due to recent good performances, only good things can really be said about Southall, and his games as a striker. Though having not scored, Southall has played better than most in recent matches, and put in performances that don't even need a goal to make it seem good. However, his versatility in the attacking front of the midfield has given chance to him being a winger, as well as his attributes contemplating them. Southall needs to contribute more."

Jimmy Chung (Neall)

Appearances: 10
Goals: 10
Man of the Match awards: 4
Bookings/sending offs: 2 yellows, 0 reds
Average rating: 8.01

"In ten appearances, Chung has pretty much wiped the floor with the competition. His superb ten goals in ten appearances has propelled the team to comforting wins when losing. The striker has been said to be the best in the squad at times, and has much more potential to be a world-beater than most. It has shown with his recent performances, and goal scoring record to match. Three assists already has epitomised his work rate for the team, and four Man of the Match awards to match. Continuation of such form is bound to attract interest."

Last edited:
Great update, Give me a run in the team and I will get you goals ;)

I never saw this originally. SO SORRY for not showing in the thread earlier.

I'll give it all a read now. :)

Edit: This looks ****** quality. Getting first team appearences constantly? Yes please. (H)

Last edited:
Great update
13 appearances, not bad.
"he is a to-be-capped fullback for the England team if he continues to play at the standard he has done at right back."

Hope So ;)

Siddharta Gurung (sidgurung97)

Average rating: 7.07

"Having stepped in for Ronan when suffering from a sports hernia, Gurung has been impressive of late, and shown his abilities as a player in a central role to make the critical passes into the frontmen and to spray it wide to a winger if needed. His passing skills are good enough to open up opportunities and his skill matches it. His marvellous performance against Port Vale is a good example of this. Further performances like such may warrant more rewards for the youngster."

Firstly, great update mate. Fully loved the little reports. I am happy now that I have made some contributions; hopefully I pull together some more assists and goals and cement a place on the starting 11. For now, I am happy :D

Ilham (Haunter99)

Average rating: 6.95

"Ilham has not been really given a chance of late to prove his potential as a player that can challenge for a first-team spot. His lack of starts has shown that he is in need of more to really put in a fight, and appearances for the national team has only been his saving grace. Ilham, if given chances, could be a consistently good performer."

ahh... i didnt get more games.... come on.... ilham u can do it!!!!!!