Michael Wilson (Taida)

Appearances: 4 (1)
Goals: 0
Penalties taken/conversion ratio: 0 (0)
Assists: 0
Man of the Match awards: 0
Bookings/sending offs: 0 yellows, 0 reds
Average rating: 6.35

"Wilson has been playing much lower than the standard expected of him, and will need to show that he is a good player with goals in games. Having not scored only once this season (in the 1-1 draw with Brighton Albion) he is more than capable of knocking a few in. On paper, he seems like a good enough striker to play in the Championship, but not performing well in League 2 concerns a lot of people. The Scottish striker will definitely have to turn on the pace if he is to make a real difference in the challenge for the first-team spot as striker."
:( One goal in 5 appearances? Ha. :L Loving the reports Nick. <3

Loving the fact that you guys are loving the reports. :wub:

Took eight hours, Black Ops was distracting me.

*Sigh* Why am I so ****? :(
Great update though, Nick. Awesomes

Tim Harrison (Tharros)

Appearances: 8 (4)
Bookings/sending offs: 1 yellow, 0 reds
Average rating: 7.02

"Harrison has been more of a utility player than he has been a more of a starter. He has played, equally, in defensive midfield, central midfield and central defence, with three appearances each in the positions to equate to his appearances altogether. Minor improvements have been noitceable, and contribution to the team has also been just as good."

I'm doing OK. Although, even though I can play as a central defender, I don't think I'm suited to it. I'm a bit on the short side for a DC and not good at jumping/heading. Much better suited to DMC/FB Just like in real life :p

This isn't going so great, although I've been reliably informed by someone playing the database themselves that I'm a beast if played regularly - which I'm obviously not being lol..

Still, great updates Nick - keep it up!

Omg, that update must have taken veerry much time !!!

I'm with 3 appearances and 3 goals ! International appearances are 4 and 3 goals ! Sad that I'm being re-trained to RM, because it seems I'm an deadly striker ;)

Wish my 6ft9 guy would stop walking into ceilings and get match fit.

I didn't make thirty-two people sign up to this for no reason. I have just written my latest article, so that will give me some breathing space. Next update should be around next Tuesday or Wednesday. Just nearing the end of the next three months, a few twists and turns have gone about, and severe interest in other clubs has been noticed.

Won't reveal anything, but it's looking good. I am trying my best to juggle both my thread and this, so I asking for more patience. Thanks.

I didn't make thirty-two people sign up to this for no reason. I have just written my latest article, so that will give me some breathing space. Next update should be around next Tuesday or Wednesday. Just nearing the end of the next three months, a few twists and turns have gone about, and severe interest in other clubs has been noticed.

Won't reveal anything, but it's looking good. I am trying my best to juggle both my thread and this, so I asking for more patience. Thanks.

No worries mate, good luck with it too, hopefully my player takes advantage of the injury of the other player :)

View attachment 145497

Here is a little teaser. These are my latest messages. So far, we are on a twenty match unbeaten run, dumped Derby County out of the F.A. Cup and now await either Wycombe Wanderers or West Bromwich Albion in the fourth round. We have scored 75 goals in the league so far, conceding 15, averaging a goal difference of 60. Next, we have Oxford away from home, as well as two more away games before we return for another few home fixtures.

Right now, thirteen players have been catching the eyes of top clubs, and there have been bids for them. Despite this, the bids are very low, and not worthy of the consistent performances they have been putting on. Here they are:

• Portsmouth
  • Preston North End
  • Swansea
  • Wolves
  • Chelsea
  • Triestina
  • Valencia
  • Juventus
  • Liverpool
  • Barcelona Ath.
  • Lazio
  • Aston Villa
  • Fulham
And others. Clearly, they want some of the players, but the minimum I will accept for each player to leave is £2.5million. I won't name the players that are being hunted until the next update. The update will not be tonight, but should be up tomorrow. I have been playing this since yesterday, and we have been doing fantastic.

I almost lost my job due to a consortium takeover, but that was squandered for some reason, and now we are still topping the league quite nicely.

Hopefully Chelsea are interested for me :D
Can't wait till tommoraw - to see how **** my player is doing

Interested to see the absolute lack of goals my player has scored. XD

Nice one looking forward to it much more now!!! I hope my guy stays loyal for a few years and is keeping a place in the first team.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, ffs. I just lost all of it. The update. Took me a good hour and so to write and it's gone within a second. **** take.

I'll try to do it again.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, ffs. I just lost all of it. The update. Took me a good hour and so to write and it's gone within a second. **** take.

I'll try to do it again.

Ah **** :S
Don't worry mate, just do your best :)

picture.php

The job is half done, just need to keep our foot on the gas: November - March Update

###

This is completely unexpected. Top of the league by eighteen points, having scored ninety goals in thirty-two games, three games in hand of the next team and we have both the strongest attack and defence in the league. We've reached the fifth round of the F.A. Cup, holding out against Stoke at home, and now face a replay of them tomorrow. The lads are pepped up, raring to go and 'hungry for success'. That's what Jon described the lads as. Hungry for success. I agree with him. Not only because it's a great slogan for the academy and goes in rhythm with what this squad's supposed to be about, but without this extreme ambition, we wouldn't be where we are. Not in a million years. We couldn't have dumped Derby out of the cup without this ambition. Or come back from two goals down to beat Chesterfield 7-2. But we can't slip up now. An eighteen point lead at the top of League 2 is something that cannot be lost. Anything less than a win of the league is a failure in my eyes. Not after this.

###

Huw sent me another team report. I was a lot more eager this time, wanting to see how the players improved from four months ago and who's been putting the work in training to increase their chances of being selected more often in to rotational programme. I accessed my e-mail account, clicked on the message, and found his message saying ...

"Hi Nick,

Please find the attached team report from November 2010 to March 2011."

I downloaded the document, and read on ...

Goalkeepers

Jordan Kennedy (*JK*)

Appearances: 26
Goals conceded: 15
Average rating: 6.93

"Having largely improved since November, Kennedy has almost become a mainstay figure in the Nike Academy goal, with some good performances between the sticks to maintain a spot. His contribution to the team has been through his joint-effort with the team's defence to have not conceded in a number of games whilst in goal, and have the team win 84% of it's games whilst he was in goal. The shot-stopper has been capped once by the England team, and is yet to gain another with his promising career taking shape."

Edward Syers (Ed Syers)

Appearances: 6
Goals conceded: 4
Average rating: 6.82

"Although having improved since November, Syers is still at a point where he is finding it difficult to break into the first team's goal. He has made only four more appearances since the four months that have passed by, and despite improving in training and being selected twice for the England team, is still finding himself third-choice goalkeeper to Kennedy and Naylor."

Kevin Naylor (KevNaylor)

Appearances: 16
Goals conceded: 10
Average rating: 7.04

"Despite having played the better out of the three goalkeepers recently, Naylor has only played twice in twenty games. Reports have suggested that he is the better of the three as well, but a lack of games in goal has contradicted that theory. Having now been selected five times to be in the Ireland U21's, he is slowly becoming a contender for first-team goalkeeper for the Ireland national senior team. He should be considered for the run in to the end of the season, and given more chances, as he needs chances."

Defenders

Niall Lawton (Lawton10)

Appearances: 32 (2)
Bookings/sending offs: 7 yellows, 1 red
Assists: 2
Average rating: 7.17

"Having played in almost every game that the academy has had this season, Lawton has become a mainstay figure at left-back in the absences of Kemp, Nevo and others who are more accustomed to the position, and playing as back-ups to other central midfielders during their absences via injury or suspension. But with more consistent football at left back has slowly taken a toll on his performances, and shown that he has played a little worse than November, but I can only guess that it's natural. Uncapped, Lawton is also eligible for Ireland, just like Naylor."

Pauley (CtPauley)

Appearances: 25 (8)
Goals: 1
Bookings/sending offs: 3 yellows, 0 reds
Assists: 4
Average rating: 7.22

"Pauley has been one of the better defenders and versatile players in the team than most, and has greatly improved and adjusted to the team. His work in training has made him a lot more able to adapt to the midfield, as well as have the mental ability to close down players when needed, anticipated and be determined enough to get into the tackles. Alongside Williams, Stubbs and Lawton, Pauley and the other two have formed a formidable parnership at the back for the academy, and contributed to not conceding for a lengthy amount of games. He is yet to be capped by both England and Wales."

Joe Williams (Average Joe)

Appearances: 26 (4)
Bookings/sending offs: 4 yellows, 0 reds
Average rating: 7.09

"The captain has not made many appearances as he should be, but is still making his way through to the first team with other defenders, and playing consistently well. Having avoided injury, Williams has had a run of games in the team, all of which he played well, but also got booked in three of the four games. Something that could be cut down on. His first cap on international duty for Italy may well be a good reason for him to return with another fixture of games."

Alan (AldoKemp-1)

Appearances: 14
Bookings/sending offs: 2 yellows, 0 reds
Assists: 5
Average rating: 7.49

"A great improvement since November, Kemp has played equally in the centre of the midfield and at left back during the times of which Lawton was not available for selection. His first appearance for Scotland has shown that he is capable of playing at a standard to which can warrant first team football, and his strides of improvement in training has been nothing short of excellent. His return from injury has, seemingly, made him stronger."

Omar Danish (Rennommillo)

Appearances: 12
Assists: 1
Average rating: 7.37

"Having made just nine more appearances within four months, Danish is yet to compile a strong attack on the forefront for consistent first team football in the side. His appearances for Malaysia have been good, and impressive in the sense that he is now a mainstay figure in his country's squad, but is still not being able to break through the consistent performances of Williams, Pauley, Stubbs and Co. to be chosen. Currently undergoing surgery on his knee after straining his ligaments, he is yet to return to action in the side."

Luke Cummings (Computerholic14)

Appearances: 26 (10)
Goals: 2
Bookings/sending offs: 4 yellows, 1 red
Assists: 3
Average rating: 7.12

"A consistent figure in the team of-late, Cummings has filled the right back, centre back and central midfield spots very well, with good performances and strong showings alongside the defence and midfield. Twenty-six appearances and ten substitute appearances, totalling up to thirty-six in total has shown that his importance due to the poor performances of others has been vital at times, despite changes in the formation several times and keeping the side fresh and healthy for the run into the end of the season."

Harry Charnock (HarryinHD)

Appearances: 16 (4)
Goals: 6
Assists: 2
Average rating: 7.73

"For a central defender, he has scored the most out of the whole academy's defence, and has the highest average performance rating. With this has come one of the lowest amount of appearances in the squad. His spots of great consistency and reliance has not been in an abundance, and has played the majority of this season in the reserves to rack up match fitness, as well as find some form. Playing only six games out of twenty possible this season in the first team has shown that he will need to step up his game a little if he wants to make a bigger impact."

Ryan Stubbs (MisterStubbs)

Appearances: 19
Bookings/sending offs: 1 yellow, 1 red
Average rating: 7.45

"He has re-paid the faith given in him by putting in the work with performances on and off the pitch. Thirteen more appearances in the first team over the last four months was due to a rotational system being put into effect once again, and Stubbs' performances has kept him within reach of a first role on a regular basis. His game against Stoke was a great example of his persistent good matches at the back for the squad."

Tim Harrison (Tharros)

Appearances: 28 (6)
Assists: 4
Average rating: 7.40

"Regularly played just behind his best role, Harrison has made a great impact as a centre back, and the occassional role as a midfield destroyer has worked equally well as a destroyer at the back. A massive jump in terms of appearances win the last four months has made him, Stubbs and others regular first team members within the rotation system to be much better players than before. His one and only appearance for Australia so far was played a right back, but an abysmal performance to say the least has made him need to work a lot harder in club football to make Holger Olseick and Paul Burley reconsider him for the national's youth squads."

Midfielders

Pablo Hernandez (Redrup)

Appearances: 15 (7)
Goals: 5
Bookings/sending offs: 4 yellows, 1 red
Assists: 12
Man of the Match awards: 2
Average rating: 7.45

"Since coming back from international duty with the Argentina U20's, Hernandez has come back to the academy a lot stronger than before, and with a good intention to break back into the first team to which will have a much bigger impact on the interest clubs have shown in him before. His role for Argentina in the international stage helped them win the tournament, and him to be the first player in the academy to play and win in an international tournament, at nineteen years old. He seems to have learnt a lot over the last six to eight months, and will improve as time progresses, as well as help the team by helping himself, and grabbing more assists."

Ronan (Ronan)

Appearances: 7 (10)
Average rating: 6.95

"Mainly being used as a substitute due to not staying fit, being inconsistent and being too used to the attacking midfielder role, Ronan has actually become worse than before, and plagued by injuries since joining back in July. Currently out with a hernia for the next month and a half, his place has been filled by other capable midfielders, and put him lower down in the pecking order than usual."

Siddharta Gurung

Appearances: 26 (7)
Goals: 3
Assists: 7
Average rating: 7.11

"In the replacement of Ronan from what was his usual role, Gurung has impressed and improved of late in the team, with some good performances in the attacking midfield slot, as well as a deep-lying playmaker in the defensive midfielder slot at times. This has proven him to be a decent-enough playmaker in the future of his career, and also gained a few assists for the team along the way. His work in training and in international level for Nepal has only made things better for the youngster."

Davide Holioske (Devoultcha)

Appearances: 6 (6)
Average rating: 7.14

"During the switch around with formations, Holioske was given a chance at right wing back to prove himself as a prospectful youngster, with the abilities that wouldn't normally be possessed in other played such as himself. In fairness to him, he did play well, and he has finally made over ten appearances this season, but the awkwardness of his best positions and the improvements made in other players has made it awfully difficult for there to be a spot for him. There is not much to report here, and he will have to step up his game a little in reserves football to make it better impact."

Sergey Tikhonov (Fossmeister)

Appearances: 29 (6)
Goals: 4
Average rating: 7.12

"A mainstay figure in the team's midfield, Tikhonov is starting to relish the central midfield role as a box-to-box player that occassionally chips in with an assist or two to contribute to the team's game. Alongside McFadden and others, the Russian has begun to show stints of a future all-round midfielder, with the ability to play as a playmaker, a ball-winner and a box-to-box. A rarity in the game. The thirty-five games played by him altogether is nothing short of consistency and good performances, whilst having played for the Russian youth teams to benefit even further and have a taste of what it is like amongst the country's best."

Connor McFadden (IrishScouse)

Appearances: 21 (5)
Assists: 8
Man of the Match awards: 3
Average rating: 7.28

"Since suffering a back injury, it is safe to say that McFadden is playing worse than he did before. Another fourteen appearances to add to the tally, his performances in his favoured midfield slot has gotten worse, and will need to adapt to a different training regime for him to return to what was his best before injury. Others have swept past him in terms of performances in matches, but may soon find himself on the subs bench regularly during the rotation period, whilst his career slowly swirls down the drain."

Kenny Rush (Bozinis8)

Appearances: 1 (5)
Average rating: 6.92

"Like Ronan, Rush has not been able to find a spot in the first team that will grant him some kind of prospect with other clubs that could be interested in him at the end of the season. Having only made one start and five substitute appearances, it seems to be better than four months ago when he didn't make any at all. Strained knee ligaments suffered back in October put his career on the line, but since returning to the squad, he is back to where he was before."

Gustavo Parra (LGFIRE)

Appearances: 14 (10)
Assists: 15
Average rating: 7.53

"Like Hernandez, Parra went on international duty for Chile during the U20's tournament, leaving his post at the club to be taken over by another winger that could do a similar job to him. Eventually, Chile were unable to qualify for the next round of the tournament, giving him an early leave from the international stage and back to the academy. His five youth caps and one and only goal so far for Chile has not disputed him out of a chance at playing for Italy, due to not having had a full cap yet. On club level, Parra has instigated a good run of form, playing in more than half of a possible twenty games through assists, goals and man-of-the-match worthy performances."

Ilham (Haunter99)

Appearances: 6
Average rating: 7.53

"Having just received a broken leg through a reserves match, Ilham has not played recently in the first team, so therefore a ful and extensive report cannot be carried out on during this point in time. With this injury, Ilham has been ruled out of action for the rest of the season, so therefore will not be included in the end-of-season report."

Strikers

Storm (Ravenie)

Appearances: 16
Goals: 18
Assists: 11
Man of the Match awards: 5
Average rating: 8.01

"One of the top goalscorers in the team, Storm has built a storm of late, with eighteen goals in sixteen appearances for the academy. A tremendous record that has rewarded him with four international appearances, having scored in half of them. A highly prosperous striker, the Scotsman has caught a lot of attention recently, and put in the goals with good reasoning, and scored four goals within his last five matches. Only Johnston has been able to do better, but you wouldn't put it past Storm to equal or even beat that record."

Daniel Feliciano (DMF)

Appearances: 11 (10)
Goals: 10
Average rating: 7.20

"Finally kicking into gear, Feliciano has been in a different body of-late, with goals coming in quite quickly. A brilliant performance in the F.A. Cup against Stoke City had him score his tenth goal this season in eleven, and put in a good challenge for a spot in the first team. At the start of the season, his chances of breaking into the side looked bleak, but being played as a left and right winger, and occassionally in his favourite and natural position has given him confidence, as well as hunger for goals."

Nathan Burbidge (Nathan)

Appearances: 29 (1)
Goals: 13
Man of the Match awards: 7
Average rating: 7.38

"Despite still playing at a great level of play, Burbidge has slowly started to find inconsistency in his game that has been evident for a while. Last year, his game was fantastic, and looked to have a very bright start to what looks like a massive future ahead of head. Four months later, he has racked up sixteen more appearances under his belt, scored five more goals and put in seven more assists. Albeit that it is good, his performances per game have been a little poorer than usual, and it is concerning that he may not hit that top form again."

Aleksander Algo (Sass101)

Appearances: 5 (2)
Man of the Match awards: 1
Average rating: 7.62

"Although statistics show that, over this season Algo has played very well by scoring five goals in seven, he has not played in the first team for more than twenty games, and finds himself in reliance of his country's national team for fitness and the ability to play. Five goals in six appearances for the Estonia senior team suggests that he is good enough to play in the academy's first team, but with high scoring games from Storm and Johnston, it's a big ask. The mission in re-training him to a right winger is still within progress, but taking it's toll, as the space for him to get back in to the squad is getting smaller and smaller."

Michael Wilson (Taida)

Appearances: 10 (2)
Goals: 6
Average rating: 7.21

"After a frustrating first three months in the academy, Wilson is finally showing glimpses of his ability to become a great future striker. Six goals in twelve appearances has hinted that a return to prominence is on the horizon for the Scottish lad, and the two goals scored against Wycombe was a good example of this. A reward for his efforts at club level gave him a chance at international level for Scotland, when he scored in his one and only game for his home nation so far, boosting his confidence. With more good performances from Wilson, there should be a bright future."

Liam Richardson (FM1063)

Appearances: 8 (2)
Goals: 2
Bookings/sending offs: 0
Average rating: 7.09

"Little, but significant improvement has come from Richardson in terms of off-the-pitch actions, training and mental preparation. In the absence of other wingers and strikers, Richardson has taken over their roles, and shown little sparks of which can be present over this season. However, Richardson has not played in the team's last twenty matches, and has regularly played for the reserves squad to gain match fitness, as well as waiting upon an international call-up. That is yet to arrive for the youngster."

Dean Burke (Burkie)

Appearances: 18 (4)
Goals: 17
Assists: 5
Average rating: 7.52

"With Storm and Johnston, Burke has been one of the team's top goalscorers, and is actually the third highest out of the four, with seventeen. Storm with eighteen. The Irishman has had his good and bad games, but has scored three goals in six games, and contributed to his rising tally. Three goals in three appearances for Ireland has strengthened good praise for him by admirers of his game, and is certainly looking like a great player for the future."

Damien Nevo

Appearances: 12 (5)
Average rating: 7.13

"Nevo has not helped himself over the last six months by picking up injuries, and is looking like having a smaller and smaller chance of actually making it into the first team regularly this season. His appearances this season have mostly come from playing in and around the defence and midfield, but is once again a short slice to the bigger picnic. The defensive games of Cummings, Pauley, Lawton and Stubbs are of a much higher order than Nevo's, and no appearances for England is quite self-explanatory at this point."

Charlie Southall (Miggo97)

Appearances: 10 (3)
Goals: 4
Assists: 11
Average rating: 7.78

"Predominantly played this season as a left midfielder, Southall is slowly becoming a winger than a striker, and the eleven assists picked up this season compliment the theory. With a rating of 7.78, it seems better for him to be played as a winger than as a striker, and put in more team performances, than played at the tip of the formation. Similar at times to Storm, Southall seems to be a lighter version of the Scotsman, and more of a utility player with the improvements in players within the academy."

Neall Johnston (Neall)

Appearances: 31 (1)
Goals: 33
Bookings/sending offs: 7 yellows, 0 reds
Assists: 13
Man of the Match awards: 8
Average rating: 8.01

"The accolades for this youngster are fully deserved, as his phenomenal tally of thirty-three goals in thirty-two appearances completely outplays the rest of the competition's tallies, which are eighteen, seventeen and thirtreen respectively. Johnston has netted sixteen goals in fifteen appearances this season from a possible twenty games recently, and also played once for Argentina on international level with fellow team-mate Pablo Hernandez, but failed to score. But his gmaes at club level have been brilliant, and very hard to knock him off his game. Very well done."

Clubs interested (in no particular order and as it stands)

• Daniel Feliciano: Bolton Wanderers, Motherwell, Livorno and Triestina
  • Pablo Hernandez: Werder Bremen
  • Michael Wilson: Motherwell
  • Tim Harrison: Fulham, Scunthorpe United
  • Joe Williams: Crystal Palace, Derby County, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Aberdeen, Motherwell
  • Siddharta Gurung: Aston Villa, Bolton Wanderers, Werder Bremen, AlbinoLeffe, Lille
  • Kenny Rush: Scunthorpe United
  • Luke Cummings: Crystal Palace, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday
  • Niall Lawton: Ipswich Town
  • Davide Holioske: Barcelona (At.), Villarreal 'B'
  • Connor McFadden: Aston Villa, Bolton Wanderers, Fulham
  • Storm: Arsenal, Motherwell
  • Pauley: Abderdeen, Sheffield Wednesday
  • Aleksander Algo: Crystal Palace, Triestina, Livorno
  • Alan Kemp: Crystal Palace, Sheffield Wednesday
  • Liam Richardson: Arsenal, Blackburn Rovers, Crystal Palace
  • Dean Burke: Arsenal, Derby County, Crystal Palace
  • Charlie Southall: Bolton Wanderers, Motherwell
  • Neall Johnston: Blackburn Rovers, Grenoble Foot 38, Arsenal, Stade Rennais

Trophy Haul

Pablo Hernandez: (1) South America U20's Tournament
Neall Johnston: (1) South America U20's Tournament

NOTE:

Please don't ask me when the next update is. It will come soon, but it doesn't require people to ask. Sidgurung97 and Sass101, you and everyone else have been warned. Please take it into consideration.

Thank you.

Last edited: