Nine players set to leave Aston Villa.

I'm not suprised at this to be honest Villa aren't getting any better so why stay.

I'm not suprised at this to be honest Villa aren't getting any better so why stay.

I dunno, maybe because even with most of our first team squad out we're still above Birmingham in the Prem? :D

Well it's definitely shaping up to be an eventful transfer window, that's for sure.

Plenty of teams looking to do some business in January. Whether that be offloading players, or bringing new faces in, or both.

I wonder if Ireland will move to a team he genuinely wants to play for. He's an exceptional talent when his head is on the game. If we didn't have several hundred midfielders, I wouldn't mind him moving to North London.

Well it's definitely shaping up to be an eventful transfer window, that's for sure.

Plenty of teams looking to do some business in January. Whether that be offloading players, or bringing new faces in, or both.

I wonder if Ireland will move to a team he genuinely wants to play for. He's an exceptional talent when his head is on the game. If we didn't have several hundred midfielders, I wouldn't mind him moving to North London.

Ah, a Spurs fan. What do you reckon our chances of landing Kranjcar are? I'd love to have him at Villa Park, a versatile and technical player, at home on either the wing or the centre. He'd be a great starting player/super sub for us.

Well he's definitely on his way out. It's a shame, because I love him, and think he is deserving of a place in our team, but then you have Bale who keeps playing to a high standard.

Kranjcar deserves first team action, so I'm not sure he'll want to join you guys as a 'super sub'. I think it'll be one of the things he puts first when negotiating a new deal, to ensure he is playing continuously.

It hasn't surprised me that once O'Niel left Villa would be worse off, he bought everything to the club. It's a real shame that he left because he really is a great manager. However, I like Houlliers policy of putting in younger players, Villa already have Albrighton on the wing and he has already begun to show what he's capable of. Imo some investment is needed in january though, I can't recall the last time when Carew started a game. It's a shame because he was a class player for the past 2-3 seasons. I guess injuries just aren't going to leave the guy alone. Having said that, Houllier is a coach who's tactics and strategies take a while to implement I think he and the team just need more time to plan ahead. I just hope he doesn't bring in any expensive flops from France again like he did at Liverpool.

Well he's definitely on his way out. It's a shame, because I love him, and think he is deserving of a place in our team, but then you have Bale who keeps playing to a high standard.

Kranjcar deserves first team action, so I'm not sure he'll want to join you guys as a 'super sub'. I think it'll be one of the things he puts first when negotiating a new deal, to ensure he is playing continuously.

I suppose with you you have both Bale and Modric, with the latter being just an all-round better version of Kranjcar.

The problem I'm having with Kranjcar is that we really need left-wing backup, but with Downing tearing it up there we don't want to get a newfirst-teamer for there. I think we could work him into the starting line-up if we used him as a DLP-ish player, like Modric has been used on occasion for you guys this season. I reckon Kranjcar would work well there, and we would welcome extra passing quality from the centre of the park. Of course, then Bannan gets left out... bah, whatever. I'd love to have him.

Bring Carew over to sporting!! we need a decent striker for a change.

Together thats about what £10??? Only Joking your looking at about 20-30 million for the lot i would say.

Last edited:
What was that sorry 2-1

still above Birmingham in the Prem? :D
oO)

Together thats about what £10??? Only Joking your looking at about 20-30 million for the lot i would say.
Aiming high. I reckon if we sold all of them we might get £10-£15 mil out of them. This is disregarding our transfer budget of course.

Carew is far better.

When he feels like it.

I dunno, maybe because even with most of our first team squad out we're still above Birmingham in the Prem? :D

Now thats not a very mature comment is it mate, i thought you were better than that!

When he feels like it.

Well, sporting plays in the Europa League, has the possibility of winning the league, there is more motivation there to play than to play at Villa, which hasnt won the league in 29 years.

Now thats not a very mature comment is it mate, i thought you were better than that!

Ahh, I was just messing with him, and goodness me he bit. You and I both know current position is in no way a guarantee of form or quality, especially at this stage of the season.

Well, sporting plays in the Europa League, has the possibility of winning the league, there is more motivation there to play than to play at Villa, which hasnt won the league in 29 years.

Not in that sense. He's a seriously lazy player. When he feels like playing, he can rip teams apart with power, pace and clinical finishing. When he doesn't, he doesn't make a pass or a run. Still, if he moves to Sporting it may well be the motivation to start performing consistently.

Last edited:
Not in that sense. He's a seriously lazy player. When he feels like playing, he can rip teams apart with power, pace and clinical finishing. When he doesn't, he doesn't make a pass or a run. Still, if he moves to Sporting it may well be the motivation to start performing consistently.

Kinda like Fabio Rochemback. I reckon that if sporting presented him with a contract with high performance bonuses, he should be more than motivated.

are aston villa is bankrupt(im serious)im scared they will be like portsmouth

I suppose with you you have both Bale and Modric, with the latter being just an all-round better version of Kranjcar.

The problem I'm having with Kranjcar is that we really need left-wing backup, but with Downing tearing it up there we don't want to get a newfirst-teamer for there. I think we could work him into the starting line-up if we used him as a DLP-ish player, like Modric has been used on occasion for you guys this season. I reckon Kranjcar would work well there, and we would welcome extra passing quality from the centre of the park. Of course, then Bannan gets left out... bah, whatever. I'd love to have him.

He is very capable in a central role. Just don't try and play him on the right, as it just doesn't work.

Kinda like Fabio Rochemback. I reckon that if sporting presented him with a contract with high performance bonuses, he should be more than motivated.

Might well work. Either way, I wish him the best, he's a tank of a man and a lovely guy too, real gentle giant type.

John Carew, Carew
He's bigger than me, or you
He turns like the QE2
John Carew, Carew...

are aston villa is bankrupt(im serious)im scared they will be like portsmouth

No.