North vs South Divide

• Thread starter Thread starter Becky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 6K
I live in mighty London (H), I would say above birmingham is north to me

I live in the mighty Warrington(H) and anywhere below birmingham is south to me.:D

I seem to have hit the nail on the head with Brum :P

I wouldn't fancy Glasgow, every place has their rough parts, there a lot of places in London i don't go and i don't plan to either

LOL i go out in Glasgow all the time. It's really not that bad

Technically, the north/south boarder runs from the Severn to just below the Humber

I wouldn't dare go near Glasgow, I have a mate who lives in a rough area and stories he comes back with

Ive been to London and Glasgow and im in no rush to go back to either.
Depends where you were in Glasgow? Generally Glasgow's city centre is pretty good and just as lively a place as most cities in England,although the surrounding areas are pretty bad!

I never got the whole we hate the English thing? People up here hold a grudge for something that happened 100's of years ago,it's ****** ridiculous,i keep thinking that i'm the only Scotsman who thinks that Braveheart was a propaganda film?(we had nothing to do with it incidentley,total hollywood!)

I've always thought anything below Manchester is south?

I live in Stockport so pretty much anywhere below birmingham....like Anderson said (H)

To be fair, Braveheart is a good film and a lot English people hate the scots because the scots hate them

To be fair, Braveheart is a good film and a lot English people hate the scots because the scots hate them
Sorry to go off topic here but braveheart sucked ***! Just hollywoods misrepresentation of what actually happened,i prefer my films factual and not just based on a sort of true story!

Can't argue with the hate issue,i suppose if someone you never met has a preconception about you else based on nationality it wolud make you resent them in the same way,it's pretty sad really !

I've only met 1 english person in my lifetime that i didn't like but thats just because he was a ******,i have no problems with you guys south of the border i don't judge people till i meet them!:D

Maybe JP was just in the wrong place at the wrong time? The majority of us are a friendly bunch!:D

Yes there is a divide.

Down with the southern fairies!!

Depends where you were in Glasgow? Generally Glasgow's city centre is pretty good and just as lively a place as most cities in England,although the surrounding areas are pretty bad!

I never got the whole we hate the English thing? People up here hold a grudge for something that happened 100's of years ago,it's ****** ridiculous,i keep thinking that i'm the only Scotsman who thinks that Braveheart was a propaganda film?(we had nothing to do with it incidentley,total hollywood!)

I've always thought anything below Manchester is south?

This.

Glasgow's got the friendlist people i've ever met; banter's terrific! But you've obviously got to watch out for the neds, but they're indigenous to mostly any city in Britain. All the knife crime is basically youth gangs and they rarely go after anyone but other youth gangs anyway. Only problem i've had was coming back from my uni gym and i was wearing a Celtic top and my jacket zipper wasn't working. Of course this had to be the day Rangers were playing Fiorentina so all the Huns were drunk. And of course i ran into a herd of Huns who thought it'd be fun to beat up the lone Tim. Taking them by surprise, i hit on one of their girlfriends and in the confusion legged it.

This.

Glasgow's got the friendlist people i've ever met; banter's terrific! But you've obviously got to watch out for the neds, but they're indigenous to mostly any city in Britain. All the knife crime is basically youth gangs and they rarely go after anyone but other youth gangs anyway. Only problem i've had was coming back from my uni gym and i was wearing a Celtic top and my jacket zipper wasn't working. Of course this had to be the day Rangers were playing Fiorentina so all the Huns were drunk. And of course i ran into a herd of Huns who thought it'd be fun to beat up the lone Tim. Taking them by surprise, i hit on one of their girlfriends and in the confusion legged it.
Yeh Glasgow's got a pretty bad reputation for knife crime but it's everywhere nowadays!
The area i currently live in was bad for football top fighting,if you wore a Gers top you had to be as quick as Usain Bolt! Thankfully it's calmed down over the years and it's a 50/50 area now!

Yeh Glasgow's got a pretty bad reputation for knife crime but it's everywhere nowadays!
The area i currently live in was bad for football top fighting,if you wore a Gers top you had to be as quick as Usain Bolt! Thankfully it's calmed down over the years and it's a 50/50 area now!

Glasgow's still the knife crime capitol of Europe! But you definitely won't have too much difficulty finding bad eggs in both Hoops and Blue in Glasgow. All the Rangers supporters i've known have been sound, aside from one from Lewis who hated my guts for being a Celtic supporter. But he was a bit mental anyway.

Glasgow's still the knife crime capitol of Europe! But you definitely won't have too much difficulty finding bad eggs in both Hoops and Blue in Glasgow. All the Rangers supporters i've known have been sound, aside from one from Lewis who hated my guts for being a Celtic supporter. But he was a bit mental anyway.
I have never had any trouble in Glasgow when i've been out but i don't have an English accent so i can't say that JP's wrong in what he say's,but i'd encourage peopl to visit it's really not that bad at all!
I normally hang with a mixed group of football fans,Gers,Hoops,Hibs so i never really get hassled as someone else normally speaks up if anything threatens to kick off!

Back