North vs South Divide

• Thread starter Thread starter Becky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 6K
I would say Sheffield is the first 'Northern' city on the M1, Nottingham is neither one extreme nor the other, so you couldn't say it's Northern really, if you spoke to someone from Arnold you would say that Nottingham is in the North, but if you spoke to someone from West Bridgford you would perhaps think that Nottingham is in the South.

The North-South Divide (or Rich-Poor Divide) is the socio-economic and political division that exists between the wealthy developed countries, known collectively as "the North", and the poorer developing countries (least developed countries), or "the South.

Doesn't say about england though :S

Here for more Information.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Lol, you realise that is talking about the world in general - ie above and below the equator as it tends to be the richer countries in the north (north america and europe) and poorer countries in the south (africa and south america).

Anyway i live in exeter and i would say anywhere above birmingham is north.

I live in liverpool so im northern. I dont like southerner's accents lol, maybe thats bias :P

Why would you resurrect this thread :S

I live in the North, and I imagine we're seen as mostly the working class, at least where I live, or the people I know, the Southerners are perceived as being snobby, and look down upon the Northern people.

.. Stereotypes are so cool.

I think North is anything north of Northampton, which isn't really in the north :)

I live in Portsmouth which is as south as can get and of corse there is a divide and at times i think a nasty one aswell. If im watching any football team who are more north than London then i will shout northern c***s at the TV.

Anywhere North of Marsh Mills roundabout is classed as Northern England for me. We percieve the North as fat and bald men, coming home from the mines and then beating their wife.

Note: Marsh Mills roundabout in Plymouth, is the roundabout which is used to exit Plymouth, onto the A38 Towards the 'North'

Anywhere North of Marsh Mills roundabout is classed as Northern England for me. We percieve the North as fat and bald men, coming home from the mines and then beating their wife.

Note: Marsh Mills roundabout in Plymouth, is the roundabout which is used to exit Plymouth, onto the A38 Towards the 'North'

Well the 'we' you refer to are clearly retarded.

North, but if you spoke to someone from West Bridgford you would perhaps think that Nottingham is in the South.

Back