North vs South Divide

• Thread starter Thread starter Becky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 6K
I live in Surrey, its either United, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal, as you can imagine nothing ever kicks off

Pretty much Midlands is middle, so anything above it is north, below is south.

Self explanatory, no?

P.S. Death to the chips and gravy eaters.

Pretty much Midlands is middle, so anything above it is north, below is south.

Self explanatory, no?

P.S. Death to the chips and gravy eaters.

ohhh Northern Boys Luv Gravvvy.

No i havent,looks nice though.Im going to pay the castle a visit as well as a few bar's off course.

That will cost you an arm and a leg. Edinburger is nice but it stinks of shortbread XD

I used to have a girlfriend down in Ipsiwch and her family and frineds and what not where lovley, and my aunty also lives down there so I have no problem with people down there, the only thing you can is wrong with them is that they find the idea of chips and gravy insane, as well as not knowing what ha'way means. ****** idiots :P

I stayed on the outskirts of Glasgow for a week with my exes relatives in a placed called Kirkintilloch. Friendly bunch until they were drunk and then could not understand a word they said.

Back to the topic.

Being a southerner I have not had any trouble when I have headed North. Scarborough have some cracking locals who are friendly.

Where I live in the south we have alot of Liverpudlians who moved down during the eighties and again if you were friendly to them then they are friendly back.

i live in the south east of england, and where as northerners are genuinly quite friendly they are alot more rude and pessimistic than the people in the south.

My dads best friend is a Geordie and he is just ****** moody as, he is funny but in an extremly sarcastic way and i dont think the sun ever shines for him.

My dads wife is from Norwich and urgh christ is she the rudest person going, even when she is trying to ask you niceley is sounds horrible.

I once went further south to devon and the people there were IMMENSLY nice, aha i actually accidentally hit some man in the face with my arm when turning round, and he apologised to me!

So your basing your one experience of meeting a Northerner that they all must be quite rude and pessimistic?

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

I only have one friend who comes from down south (Weston Super Mare) and she is very friendly, however when she did move up here she did have a lot of preconceptions of what Northerners were like before she even got to know them. Now she goes to university in Sunderland and when she goes back home to see her family they all think she speaks 'common', but to me she sounds like she has a very strong 'posh' or standard English accent! lol.

My general view of the South was that they dismiss the North, especially those from London and don't have the time for us, were seen as not providing for the economy as such. If you have a Northern accent, the general view is that 'oh they must be stupid, they can't even speak properly!'

Im Irish, and I have no idea what ye are talking about
We have a North-South divide, not the healthiest of relationships

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ECGKcl4s-k"]YouTube- Garth Marenghi's Darkplace - Scottish Rant[/ame]

Lee is my favourite Englishman :wub:

You're my favourite Scot too. Even though you're not ginger.

My favorite Scottish person is SuperGran or groundskeeper ***** :P

Last edited:
Yeah but have you met your favourite Scot ? No, But Lee has (K)

My favorite Englishman has to be Gazza! The obvious reason being he was ****** awesome for Rangers when he was up here and would have been great to go out on the lash with at that time,pity he ended up the way he is,feel's sad to see him lke that?:(

I'm just waiting on someone saying Rod Stewart's their favourite Scottish person!:D

I've got a few points to this

My mate has got a mate who has been to both Leeds fest and Reading fest. He prefers Leeds fest as everyone is friendly and has a good banter. That does not happen down south

My mate from work is from Nottingham (Midlands, for this argument neutral). He works in London, he doesn't like it as everyone is rude and doesn't talk to you. Whenever he has been up north, he has noticed the difference with all the friendly banter

My Uncle lives in Dorset. His mate from there loves coming up to Middlesbrough because he completely notices the difference. he says everyone down south is rude and stuck up wheras up here people are far more welcoming.

It is known that the north has more of a welcoming community atmosphere than the stuck up southerners who don't make eye contact with you

my missus is from nottingham and she's under the impression shes northern
i'm from northampton and always cosidered myself southern
they're on hour apart so the divide for me is somewhere between northampton and nottingham

EDIT: which pretty much ties in with post above

im from Manchester so im northern but now live in Essex which is south of London.

Back