Notts County: The Return To Glory

HarryinHD

Reaction score
I'm going to have a go at taking the Notts County Challenge on Chris22s V6 update.
Some people might say it's too easy with all of that money, but I it should be interesting seeing how a squad is built from the depths of league two to (possibly) the soaring heights of the Premier League.
My board have given me a £2.8mill transfer budget, which I will half so I have more money for wages so I can snap up some free agents.
My aim is to get Notts up to the Prem in 4 seasons, yes 4 SEASONS, I'm aiming for 2 consecutive promotions maybe a defense minded 1st season in the championship and then make some big signings in the second year and steam roll all competition.
I hope you carry on reading with interest :D

Last edited:
Good luck Harry, just update my Gretna thread with screenies. I'll be reading this with interest.

Yeah I was thinking of doing this but then didn't fancy the League Two challenge lol, even though I can accept League One as I've just started with Leeds. :S

Hope you do well, being from Nottingham I always like to see county do well :) What's the best standard of player you can attract? And I guess the game doesn't recognise the Sven impact in signing players =/

Good luck Harry, just update my Gretna thread with screenies. I'll be reading this with interest.
Nice one Ben mate, cheers for the support, I'll no doubt be following your Gretna story, I'll have mooch on the thread in a second :)
Yeah I was thinking of doing this but then didn't fancy the League Two challenge lol, even though I can accept League One as I've just started with Leeds. :S
I've never tried Leeds, due to me hating them with a passion like no other :) I think Notts County should be an interesting one, there's the prospect of signing big names with the money I have (a 67k wage budget) :D
Hope you do well, being from Nottingham I always like to see county do well :) What's the best standard of player you can attract? And I guess the game doesn't recognise the Sven impact in signing players =/
I've give it a 'test run', seeing what players would accept contracts and I got Venegoor of H. and Sol Campbell :D Should be quite fun :p

First update at 10 lads :)

Harry what sort of players are willing to join Notts County?

Harry what sort of players are willing to join Notts County?
I had Danny Mills, Trevor Sinclair, Sol Campbell, Venegoor of Hesselink, Edgar Davids and Fernando Couto all accept contracts. It's amazing the kick you get out of signing former world class players to accept a contract at a league two side :D

Is it just older players that will sign then or is there some good young players and players in their prime that will join as-well?

I had Danny Mills, Trevor Sinclair, Sol Campbell, Venegoor of Hesselink, Edgar Davids and Fernando Couto all accept contracts. It's amazing the kick you get out of signing former world class players to accept a contract at a league two side :D

It's an amazing feeling.. I'd rather sign a former world class player for County than sign Messi with Man City anyday.. :)

Is it just older players that will sign then or is there some good young players and players in their prime that will join as-well?
oh yeah there's some younger lads who I signed like Sean O'Hanlon of MK Dons and Simeon Jackson of Gillingham. What surprised me is how much players want to join the club, but how high their demands are, it wasn't easy getting those lot to sign, I had to take £1.5mill off my T.Budget and add it to the wage budget to sign them haha

It's an amazing feeling.. I'd rather sign a former world class player for County than sign Messi with Man City anyday.. :)
it's a feeling of accomplishment innit? I think that managing a lower league side is much better than managing a big rich side like city or chelsea.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Is this on football Manager 2010 ? or 2009
2009 mate, 2010 hasnt been released yet :)

oh yeah there's some younger lads who I signed like Sean O'Hanlon of MK Dons and Simeon Jackson of Gillingham. What surprised me is how much players want to join the club, but how high their demands are, it wasn't easy getting those lot to sign, I had to take £1.5mill off my T.Budget and add it to the wage budget to sign them haha

Great stuff Harry I might start this as a third game. My time is currently going mostly into my FM-Base Dragons game and my Gretna effort but I might start a game with these too.

Great stuff Harry I might start this as a third game. My time is currently going mostly into my FM-Base Dragons game and my Gretna effort but I might start a game with these too.
nice one mate :D
make sure you let me know how you're doing in it :)

Can somebody send me a link to Chris22's update? I can't find it anywhere!!

Thank you in advance.

danny senda right back from millwall i signed him on v5 update with notts county

Did you sigh danny mills , trevor sinclair , sol campbell , edgar davids ,fernando couto in your first season ?