Official England v Slovenia/Algeria discussion thread.

Will England Qualify?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The possible starting eleven was just filtered through to TalkSport and this what it looks like:

James
Johnson - Terry - Upson - Cole
Milner - Barry - Lampard - Gerrard
Rooney - Defoe​

This hasn't been confimed yet but it is the breaking news on TalkSport. Personally, I don't like the changes and can't see why Capello hasn't picked J.Cole yet again.

Milner for Lennon I don't understand, Milner lacks pace as shown against USA so basicaly Slovenia can just exploit that easily by putting an attacking left winger on like USA did. Sure Milner can cross better than Lennon but what's the point when we don't have a target man now?

Defoe for Heskey im not sure about aswell. Defoe likes to lead the line which means Rooney will have to play deeper. If he is going to stick with the 4-4-2 formation then I would have put in Crouch. In an ideal world, I would have changed it to a 4-5-1/4-2-3-1 with Gerrard playing off of Rooney and J.Cole and Lennon an both flanks. But hey, I guess Fabio knows better than all despite EVERYONE thinking the same about J.Cole starting.

Lastly, Gerrard from the left wing clearly hasn't worked so I don't see why he's going with it again. Gerrard comes infield too much which then doesn't allow Lampard to push up. So with Milner in the team aswell, we will basicaly have 4 players within 10 yards of eachother with no width at all.

Looks like I was right.

What happened to Capello only naming his team 2 hours before K.O?

with the formation your playing, id imagine either J.Cole/Lennon or Gerrard/Lampard are playing as wingers and there wouldn't give space for Johnson/A.Cole to get foward.

I'd have J.Cole and Lennon on the wings. Both of these players like to come into the middle more rather than stick out wide. That would give A.Cole and Johnson the space. I think its about trying to get a bit of balance so that everyone can play together

i can't believe he's chosen that midfield? i really don't think that will work, at all.

oh well, i'll still back anything England does all the way tonight.

Looks like I was right.

What happened to Capello only naming his team 2 hours before K.O?

In Stan Collymore's Mirror Newspaper collumn last week he said tune into TALKSPORT as they get the line-up way before anyone else

No matter who plays i believe England will win with 2-3 goal margin.

The line up is awful again. Why aren't we playing to our strengths ffs. :(

just noticed he hasn't picked Joe Cole again, whats his problem with picking him, seriously?

i heard it was actually a 4-3-1-2 like this
Johnson-Upson-Terry-Cole
Lampard-Barry-Milner
Gerrard
Defoe-Rooney​

Why do the BBC have to make such a ******* drama out of everything.

BBC reckon Stevie G's playing behind the two strikers. That sounds better than sticking him out on the left :)

In the 6 games that Defoe has started with Rooney, Defoe has been subbed after failing to score. LOL.

Got a good feeling England will win this.

2-0

Rooney 36th min
Lampard 72nd min

To be exact ;)

BBC you f**king w**nkers! I seriously crapped my pants for 3 seconds there, lol.