Official England v Slovenia/Algeria discussion thread.

Will England Qualify?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i just think ancelotti has only been in england for nearly a year and i believe uses ray wilkins really well who can speak fluent italian. my point is maybe he needs a coach who is english that speaks fluent italian not a traslator if you get my point.
yeah actually i'd agree with that. that kind of link man would be such a huge bonus. but you got to remember those kind of people are fairly rare. ray wilkins is an outstanding assistant manager, and im not sure there is an "england" version there, unless of course we steal ray wilkins himself... given he himself was a massive part of english football

england need a gazza in the team, not just his talent on the field i mean off the field with his jokes his humour his stupidness and randomness just to liven things up.

This is probably how it will go.

We will smash six past Slovenia. The media will say we have found our form and build us up to be world beaters and then we get knocked out in the last sixteen. Its the English way of doing things. I still give them my full support though.

This is probably how it will go.

We will smash six past Slovenia. The media will say we have found our form and build us up to be world beaters and then we get knocked out in the last sixteen. Its the English way of doing things. I still give them my full support though.
lol, so true. we're a good side, every now and then, on our day and if things our way, we can be a very good side.

if the media and many other fickle fans could accept this, we'd be a lot better off

but we love to make it so hard for ourselves

if we didn't make things this hard as usual, we really would not be the same England.

you never know, we can still qualify, and miraculously win the competition.

if we didn't make things this hard as usual, we really would not be the same England.

you never know, we can still qualify, and miraculously win the competition.

Then everyone will say "What was all the fuss about" C'mon England.

I think we'll win tomorrow and top the group. The lads have had a scare -- probably because they believed their own hype (fuelled by the media and us) -- but should come good just in time.

Second round we should be too strong (given the confidence boost) for Serbia, Australia or Ghana (as I don't believe Ghana will beat Germany tomorrow) and then in the Quarters I think we stand a good chance against either Uruguay or South Korea.

The real problems start in the Semis, where a tough tie against Brazil or Holland (if they both come through) will probably see the end of our World Cup adventure -- but then again, at the Semi-Final stage, anything could happen.

Fingers crossed :)

Oh My Gawd I am so nervous I can't sleep!

false.

2years of excitement and impatience followed by 2 weeks of dissappointment.

Yeh we might scrape through with a 1-0 win, in another poor performance and a undeserved results, but even if we do I wouldn't fancy us against Ghana/Serbia/Germany and Oz.

Anyway, predicted 2-0 through optimism - and the fact I did the predictions before the WC started. Here's hoping.

Ive went for a 1-0 win in another dodgy performance.

However i think im being optimistic. It wouldn't suprise me at all if we drew this game and went out, in fact if i wasn't English, that would be my prediction.

The pitch is worse than wembleys after this morning inspection, i can see a few injurys!!!

Capello team : James , Johnson ,Terry,Upson , A .cole Lennon , Lampard , Barry,Gerrard Heskey Rooney

My team : James , Johnson , Terry , Dawson , A.cole Lennon lampard barry gerrard milner rooney !

SCOTLAND IN FOUR YEAR !!!!!!

Hope Capello sorts his head out and realises we should play 5 in midfield.

James
Johnson-Terry-Dawson-A.Cole
Barry
Milner-Lampard-Gerrard-J.Cole
Rooney​

Hope Capello sorts his head out and realises we should play 5 in midfield.

James
Johnson-Terry-Dawson-A.Cole
Barry
Milner-Lampard-Gerrard-J.Cole
Rooney​

He's already stated that Upson will start at centre-half and apparently it's going to be Defoe up front with Rooney with Milner on the right..

Milner and Gerrard on the wings??? I want some of what Capello has been smoking lol.

James
Johnson - Upson - Terry - Cole
Milner - Lampard - Barry - Gerrard
Defoe - Rooney
Dear oh dear...​