"Oh me lads, you should've seen us gannin'" - Newcastle United - Making The Supporters Happy Again!

1624555604146.png

VIDEO LINK - Newcastle 4-3 Man City - 2004

SEPTEMBER

man city.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons (Tavernier), Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, M.Longstaff (Cook), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almiron (Almada), Lainez, Wilson*

A decent point but yet again I am left wishing that we could do better defensively! Lewis Cook came off the bench to make his debut here.

--

UEFA Europa League Group H
cska.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Gila*, Mitchell, Blanco, S.Longstaff, Fraser, Almada, Serrano (Anderson), Badji (Armstrong)

We return to European football and I marked the occasion by playing my backups and handing out 4 debuts. Gila shone the brightest with 2 goals on his debut while Blanco also grabbed a debut goal. Very pleasing.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons (Tavernier), Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Cook (M.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almiron, Lainez (Fraser), Wilson

Wolves deserved their point here for sure but I am ****** off that we couldnt get the clean sheet as we conceded the equaliser late on.

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
burnley.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Cook, Ceballos*, Saint-Maximin, Almada, Lainez (Armstrong), Badji

I am delighted with our performance, result and most of all the clean sheet! We were gifted two own goals and Dani Ceballos scored twice before ASM added the 5th and Badji had a goal disallowed as we thrash Burnley in their own patch.

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Cook (S.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin (Fraser*), Almiron, Lainez, Wilson (Badji)

This was a very tight affair which was settled by Ryan Fraser being our supersub! Our first clean sheet in the league this season too!

--

roma.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Aarons*, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Cook, Saint-Maximin, Almiron (Almada), Lainez (Fraser), Wilson (Badji)

A horrible match. Neither side deserved to win in truth but they got the goal when Diallo gifted them possession to give them the lead. We never really looked like equalising until right at the end when Badji struck the post. Awful.

--

SUMMARY

This month was a mixed bag. In the league got a creditable draw against Man City but disappointingly drew away to Wolves before narrowly defeating West Ham but I am quite happy with our start to the campaign as we are still unbeaten after 7 games. We thrashed Burnley in the Carabao Cup and in the Europa League we easily beat CSKA Sofia before losing out to Roma away in a forgettable match.

I am still waiting for things to properly click which is understandable given the amount of players that I brought in and there are encouraging signs but we still need to get better!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANI CEBALLOS
ceballos.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
sep.png

1624563610791.png

VIDEO LINK - Brighton 1-2 Newcastle - Crazy Diame goal!

OCTOBER

palace.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Cook (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Fraser*, Almiron, Serrano, Wilson (Armstrong)

We were excellent here and put on a bit of a show. My 2 first choice wingers were unavailable but Ryan Fraser and Nico Serrano both scored as they deputised while Adam Armstrong came off the bench to score with a great free-kick.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons (Tavernier), Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Cook*, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almada, Lainez (Fraser), Wilson (Badji)

We come back from behind to get a fine away victory and Ryan Fraser continued his fine scoring form by coming off the bench to get our 3rd goal. This victory takes us top of the league!!!!

--

braga.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons (Tavernier), Mumin (Lascelles), Diallo, Mitchell, Cook, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almada (M.Longstaff), Fraser, Wilson*

We did very well here and totally dominated Braga. Wilson scored a brace while ASM chipped in with one late on and we made Braga, who have some decent players, look like a very poor side. In the other match Roma surprisingly drew with CSKA Sofia so that is a boost.

--

sheff utd.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis (Tavernier), Cook, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Almada, Fraser (Badji), Wilson*

Sheffield United are struggling this season but they were unlucky not to get a point here as they played very well but fortunately we got the win. Ryan Fraser didnt score but he did assist and Thiago Almada scored with a fine free-kick.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
swansea.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Gila, Mitchell, S.Longstaff, M.Longstaff (Blanco), Serrano, Almada (Panagiotu), Fraser*, Badji (Armstrong)

I took a chance and fielded a backup side here and they did the job to get us into the quarter-finals. Ryan Fraser scored twice while I gave a debut to Panagiotu.

--

pool.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Cook (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almada (Almiron), Fraser, Wilson (Armstrong)

Our first defeat of the league campaign. We were terrible in the first half and went into half-time 3-0 down and facing a hiding so I went berserk and my players responded. We got 2 goals back and Adam Armstrong also had a goal chalked off so we gave it a right good go but alas they scored a 4th in stoppage time.

--

SUMMARY

Up until the last month of the season we were having a ball! We had won every match across 3 different competitions until we lost to Liverpool 4-2 in our final match of the month. At the moment it seems as if we will be involved in a title challenge however I fear that our defensive weaknesses will prove to be costly. We dont seem to have a problem scoring goals but at the other end we are pretty slipshod.

There is another rumour of a takeover and we are entering our 8th transfer embargo. Lets see how this one works out! lol.

In the Carabao Cup quarter-finals we will play Crystal Palace at home so that is a winnable tie and next month we have 4 games - all away from home.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RYAN FRASER
FRASER.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
OCT.png

Saw Godfrey went somewhere else but was there anyone else at Everton worth picking up after they went down?

1624641311497.png

VIDEO LINK - Spurs 1-4 Newcastle 2008

NOVEMBER

2-1.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Gila, Lewis (Mitchell), M.Longstaff (Blanco), S.Longstaff, Fraser*, Almada, Lainez, Badji (Serrano)

This win secures our qualification to the knockout stages. Badji got his first goal of the season and unfortunately he also had one disallowed. Ryan Fraser is on fire!!!!!!

--

brentford.png

Lineup - Dubravka*, Aarons (Tavernier), Mumin, Diallo, Mitchell, Cook, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almiron (Almada), Fraser (Lainez), Wilson

Brentford are finding life tougher this season but they should have beaten us here as we were very poor. Having said that Wilson had a late goal disallowed so we almost got an undeserved winner.

--

sofia.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Tavernier*, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, M.Longstaff (Blanco), S.Longstaff, Fraser, Almada (Olise), Lainez, Badji

My backups turned up and won while Roma lost so we are now 2pts clear at the top. Michael Olise finally made his debut here.

--

spurs.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Cook, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almiron (Olise), Fraser (Lainez), Wilson (Badji)

We have now gone 3 league games without a win after this defeat as we slip down the table. We took an early lead but that was quickly cancelled out and then that ***** Harry Kane won the game for them. Diallo did pull one back but Badji missed a great chance right at the death.

--

SUMMARY

With all our games this month being away from home it is no surprise that we struggled. Sure we won both our Europa League games to take charge of the group but we drew with Brentford and lost to Spurs in the league as we drop down to 6th in the table which is arguably our true position give or take.

There is a bit of disharmony in my squad as my new Spanish players (apart from Ceballos) are all unhappy at their lack of game time. I was planning to flog them in the summer but I may be forced to move them on 6 months earlier now but if that allows us to bring in one top notch player to help us I may do that!

We have been drawn away to Reading in the FA Cup which is a nothing tie on the face of it except that they have just appointed Steve Bruce as their new manager so we must not lose against that inept *****!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ABDOU DIALLO
DIALLO.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
NOV.png

1624688689423.png

VIDEO LINK - Leicester 2-4 Newcastle 2021

DECEMBER

man utd.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Aarons, Lascelles, Diallo, Mitchell, Cook, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Almiron (Olise), Fraser, Wilson (Badji)

This was an entertaining match and a fair result however to get gifted the lead with only 10min to go I am annoyed that we contrived to concede an equaliser to drop 2pts. 4 league games without a win now.

--

wba.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin (Lascelles), Diallo, Lewis*, Cook, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin (Tavernier), Almiron, Fraser (Lainez), Wilson

We get back to winning ways in the league here. Wilson had a goal disallowed just before we took the lead through ASM but Wilson was not to be denied as he scored the clincher. Only our 2nd clean sheet in the league this season!!!

--

0-0.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Gila, Lewis, M.Longstaff, S.Longstaff, Lainez (Gelabert), Almada, Serrano (Olise), Badji (Armstrong)

Oh man this was a truly awful match. They had the better of it tbh but they couldnt find the net while we offered nothing. Hey ho. We top the group.
group.png

--

2-0.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Mitchell, Cook (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almiron, Lainez (Fraser), Wilson

Burnley are rock bottom of the league and we easily beat them here thanks to goals from Lainez (amazingly his 1st of the season) and Wilson. 3 clean sheets in a row - unchartered territory!!!!!!!

--

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final
qf.png

Lineup - Dubravka*, Aarons, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, Cook, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almiron (Almada), Lainez (Fraser), Wilson (Badji)

Thiago Almada came off the bench to score the winner here to take us into the semis. 4 clean sheets in a row!!!!

--

soton.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons (Tavernier), Mumin, Diallo, Mitchell, Cook, Ceballos (M.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin, Almiron, Lainez (Fraser), Wilson*

5 clean sheets in a row!!!!!!!!! This was a tight affair settled by the one bit of quality which was the amazing pass from Lewis Cook which set up Callum Wilson for the goal.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons (Tavernier), Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Cook, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin (Fraser), Almiron, Lainez (Badji), Wilson

The run of clean sheets end here as we get a point against Chelsea. It was a fair result in the end and the Cook-Wilson linkup worked again as another long raking pass from Cook was latched onto by Wilson before he finished past Mendy.

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons, Lascelles (Gila), Diallo, Lewis, Cook, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almiron (Almada), Lainez (Fraser), Wilson

This game burst into life in the 2nd half as 5 goals were scored and fortunately we got 3 of them! Callum Wilson has now scored in our last 5 league games while Leicester sacked their manager, Nuno Espirito Santo, immediately after this match.

--

LEEDS.png

Lineup - Dubravka*, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Mitchell, Cook (M.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin (Fraser), Almiron (Almada), Lainez, Wilson

Leeds have newly appointed Brendan Rodgers as their new manager but they werent able to do anything against us here. Wilson scored yet again while Dubravka picked up another clean sheet and his 2nd MOM award of the month.

--

SUMMARY

We had 9 games this month but emerged unbeaten from it so I am delighted with that! In the league we won 5 and drew 2 (against Man Utd and Chelsea) to move up to 3rd in the table and into the Champions League positions however a poor run of form could so easily see us slip back down the table again.

We drew with Roma to win our Europa League group while in the Carabao Cup we edged out Crystal Palace to reach the semis where we will play Leeds. Wolves and Aston Villa are the other teams left in the competition from memory so we are favourites to win this competition surely.

There is another business tycoon in talks with Mike Ashley buying the club and therefor we are under a transfer embargo heading into the January transfer window which is infuriating as I had my eye on some pre-contract deals but I cant go in for them yet. So annoying!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MARTIN DUBRAVKA

DUBS.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
DEC.png

1624697143627.png

VIDEO LINK - Huddersfield 1-3 Newcastle 2017

JANUARY

FA Cup 3rd Round
reading.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Gila, Mitchell, Blanco, M.Longstaff, Fraser, Almada (Anderson), Olise (Popescu), Badji (Armstrong*)

A bit of late magic from Adam Armstrong sees us through into the next round of the cup as we beat Reading and more importantly Steve Bruce. I would have loved to have thrashed them but my backups struggled to get going really which was disappointing but we won and that is the main thing.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg
leeds.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin*, Almiron, Lainez (Olise), Wilson (Armstrong)

This should be enough to see us through into the final. Saint-Maximin was the hero with both of our goals and I may play a slightly weakened side in the 2nd leg but we still have to be careful!

--

villa.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons, Lascelles, Diallo*, Lewis, Cook (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin (Fraser), Almiron, Lainez, Wilson (Armstrong)

Smash and grab!!!! We were poor here and Villa probably deserved all 3pts but we snuck ahead when Diallo headed home a free-kick and after that it was down to the heroics of Martin Dubravka in goal. I hate Villa so to get an undeserved victory against them is pretty sweet!

--

fulham.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons, Lascelles, Diallo, Mitchell, Cook, Ceballos (S.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin (Armstrong), Almiron (Olise), Fraser, Wilson

Meh. We were missing a few players and a few were struggling for fitness so I can just about accept this scoreline except from the fact that we had an early ASM goal disallowed.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup
- Dubravka*, Aarons, Lascelles (Gila), Diallo, Lewis, Cook (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almiron (Almada), Fraser, Wilson

This is the first time this season where we have failed to score in the league but thankfully we still managed to get a point despite ending the match with 10 men due to injuries. Lewis Cook is out for 6 weeks while Lewis and Fraser both picked up knocks.

--

city.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Diallo, Mitchell, M.Longstaff, S.Longstaff (Blanco), Saint-Maximin (Serrano), Almada, Almiron, Wilson (Armstorng)

Our 10 game unbeaten run in the league comes to an end here and it is no surprise given who we were playing and the amount of players that I was missing. 3 league games without a win now!

--

FA Cup 4th Round
hudders.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Gila, Mitchell, M.Longstaff, S.Longstaff*, Fraser, Almada (Anderson), Olise (Serrano), Armstrong

We beat League 1 side Huddersfield with my backups. Fraser had a goal disallowed but in the end we grabbed goals from Almada and Sean Longstaff to see us through.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg
semi.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Gila, Lewis, M.Longstaff, S.Longstaff (Blanco), Fraser*, Almada (Anderson), Serrano, Badji (Armstrong)

I took a risk and decided to give my backups another run out to rest my first picks and they didnt let me down as we reach the final. Ryan Fraser tortured the Leeds defence all game and deservedly got the MOM award.

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons, Lascelles, Diallo (Gila), Lewis, S.Longstaff, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almiron (Almada), Fraser (Lainez), Badji*

4 league games without a win which is disappointing but at least Badji got a goal - only his 2nd of the season which is a disgrace tbh.

--

SUMMARY

Lots going on this month!!! On the pitch it was a bit of a struggle as we had several players either injured, unfit or away on international duty so as expected our form suffered a bit. In the league we beat Villa away somewhat fortunately but we have went on to fail to win any of our next 4 games although we did draw 3 and we are now out of the Champions League places.

In the cups it was better though! We beat Leeds home and away to reach the Carabao Cup final where we will play Aston Villa and in the FA Cup Reading and Huddersfield were beaten and we will play Leicester City in the next round there.

In other news............

WE HAVE BEEN TAKEN OVER!!!!

NO MORE MIKE ASHLEY!!!!!

A consortium has bought the club (and immediately taken out a £122m loan) led by a former Preston owner I think. They have decided to improve the training facilities and youth recruitment but havent ploughed money into the transfer budget. A new era awaits.

Regarding transfers I brought in Ronaldo Camara from Benfica for £180,000 which is an absolute steal and arranged 2 pre-contract deals for the summer which I know will take us into the next level - so excited!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MARTIN DUBRAVKA
dubs.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
jan.png

1624707244871.png

VIDEO LINK - Newcastle 5-1 Aston Villa 1994

FEBRUARY

wolves.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin (Gila), Lascelles, Lewis, S.Longstaff, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almiron (Almada), Fraser (Lainez), Badji*

Two more much needed goals from Youssouph Badji won us the game here as we put an end to our 4 game winless streak.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons, Lascelles, Gila, Lewis, M.Longstaff, Ceballos (Blanco), Saint-Maximin (Lainez*), Almiron (Almada), Lainez, Badji

Badji scores again however it was Diego Lainez who got the late winner. I am almost done with Miggy Almiron however as he has had a nightmare season and is playing very poorly. I will start him in the cup final and if he doesnt perform there then he will be dropped!

--

Carabao Cup Final
final.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis (Tavernier*), Cook, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin (Fraser), Almiron (Almada), Lainez, Wilson

WE WIN THE CARABAO CUP!!!!!

This is the clubs first success in this competition so I am delighted that we have won this trophy and to do it against Villa is even better. Callum Wilson had us ahead but we were behind at half-time and we only got going again once I made my subs. Ryan Fraser levelled and we were awarded 2 late penalties which Tavernier tucked away and the cup was ours!

--

SUMMARY

We only had 3 games this month but we won all 3 and collected the Carabao Cup too!!!! Wolves and Brighton were defeated in the league but it was our final against Aston Villa that was most important and we came from 2-1 down to win 4-2 with James Tavernier being the unlikely hero as he scored 2 late penalties. I aimed to win a trophy this season so it is mission accomplished!!!!

We have been drawn against Roma of all teams in the Europa League. We couldnt even score against them in our group stage but they were even matches so it will be a close run thing I would imagine in that tie.

Next month brings with it the youth intake and an apparent golden generation!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOUSSOUPH BADJI
BADJI.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
FEB.png

1624712926218.png

VIDEO LINK - Newcastle 7-1 Leicester 1993

MARCH

FA Cup 5th Round
leicester.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo (Lascelles), Lewis, Cook*, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almada, Lainez (Fraser), Wilson (Badji)

What a comeback this was!!!! We somehow found ourselves 2-0 down despite dominating yet we managed to bounce back to win the tie. Mumin pulled one back before Lewis Cook levelled from distance with his first goal for us and Ryan Fraser scored an amazing winner. Lainez and Badji also had goals disallowed.

The last time we played Leicester they sacked their manager and they have since appointed Rino Gattuso.

--

sheff utd.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Cook (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin (Olise), Almada, Fraser (Almiron), Badji*

Having scored in our last 3 league games I reinstated Youssouph Badji up front and he duly scored a brace in this comfortable victory. While he keeps on scoring he wont get dropped but Wilson will be playing in our big games.

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 1st Leg
roma.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin*, Diallo, Lewis, Cook, Ceballos (S.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin, Almada, Fraser (Lainez), Badji (Armstrong)

We finally score against Roma and it was a beauty as Thiago Almada bent an effort into the top corner from 20 yards. Callum Wilson picked up an injury before the match so Badji got an unexpected start.

--

liverpool.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin (Lascelles), Diallo, Lewis, Cook (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almada (Almiron), Fraser, Badji

Liverpool are running away with the league and they taught us a lesson here as they thumped us. At least Youssouph Badji kept up his amazing goalscoring run in the league - 5 games in a row now!

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 2nd Leg
4-3.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo (Lascelles), Lewis, Cook (M.Longstaff), Ceballos (S.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin*, Almiron, Fraser, Badji

A thrilling match. When we were 2-1 down we were heading out on away goals but then ASM stepped up as he equalised for us before setting up the next 2 goals for us and he even got the MOM award despite Justin Kluivert scoring a hat-trick for them.

--

FA Cup Quarter-Final
1-1.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Aarons (Tavernier), Mumin*, Diallo, Mitchell, Cook (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Almiron, Fraser (Armstrong), Badji

Our hold on the FA Cup is over as Man City beat us 6-5 on penalties. We took the lead through Ceballos but they quickly levelled and neither side created much after that, even in extra-time so it went to a shoot-out and after missing 1 each in the opening 5 (Armstrong for us), we were kicking 2nd so when Diallo missed it was game over.

--

palace.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Tavernier, Mumin*, Diallo, Mitchell, Cook (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almada, Fraser (Olise), Badji (Wilson)

I dont know how we won this match as Palace dominated from start to finish and even had an injury time goal disallowed. Youssouph Badji's goalscoring run in the league ends at 5 games in a row and you can expect to see Callum Wilson back in the side in the near future.

--

SUMMARY

We had plenty of drama this month with some highs and lows. I suppose the biggest news is that we lost to Man City on penalties in the FA Cup (after a great comeback win against Leicester in the round before) so our reign as winners of that competition is over. In the Europa League however we did well as we beat Roma home and away to book our place in the quarter-finals where we will face Benfica of Portugal.

In the league we beat Sheffield United and Crystal Palace but in between that we were thrashed by Liverpool and we are still in contention for a top 4 finish.

The youth intake was pretty good but there is nobody who I am jumping up and down about while in other news we are expanding our stadium to hold more than 58,000 which is costly but is all good.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ABDUL MUMIN
mumin.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
mar.png

1624721924989.png

VIDEO LINK - Newcastle 7-1 Spurs 1996

APRIL

spurs.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo*, Lewis (Tavernier), Cook, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Almada, Fraser (Badji), Wilson

This win allows us to leapfrog Spurs and move into the Champions League places so this is a big win. Abdou Diallo got the only goal of the game but we should have scored more such was our dominance and we hit the woodwork a few times too.

--

UEFA Europa League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
benfica.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Aarons, Gila, Diallo, Mitchell, Cook (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almada (Almiron), Lainez, Wilson (Badji)

An entertaining match and while losing the game is disappointing the fact that we have 3 away goals is very much a positive. Callum Wilson got injured though and he will be out for around a month.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Tavernier, Mumin, Diallo, Mitchell, Cook (M.Longstaff), S.Longstaff, Lainez (Olise), Almiron, Fraser (Serrano), Badji

If you look at the match stats this was an even game but it wasnt. We were well beaten and apart from a late effort that hit the crossbar we never looked like scoring. An awful performance both individually and collectively.

--

UEFA Europa League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
3-1.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons (Tavernier), Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, Cook, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almada, Fraser*, Badji

We put on a performance here as we overcome our 1st leg deficit to go through by 1 goal. Almada gave us an early lead but Ryan Gauld quickly levelled however long range efforts from Lewis Cook and Ryan Fraser ensured that we would be in the semis where we will play............. Aston Villa!!!

--

wba.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Cook, Ceballos (S.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin*, Almada, Fraser (Lainez), Badji (Armstrong)

An early goal from ASM was enough to beat bottom side West Brom. Badji had a goal disallowed but despite the narrow scoreline we deserved the victory.

--

UEFA Europa League Semi-Final 1st Leg
aston.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Aarons (Tavernier), Mumin, Diallo*, Lewis, Cook (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Almada, Fraser, Badji

Not a bad result. We have an away goal and have to be confident heading into the 2nd leg. Atletico Madrid comfortably beat PSV in the other semi so I would expect them to reach the final. This was my 100th game as Newcastle manager.

--

SUMMARY

We head into the final month of the season with a load of games to play. Some teams in the league only have 2 games left to play but we have 5!!!!! We are 7pts behind Spurs who are in 4th place and that cherished Champions League spot but we have 3 games in hand over them so it is going to go right down to the wire and thats after us beating them 1-0 this month!!!

In the Europa League we overcame a first leg deficit against Benfica to defeat them in the second leg to set up a semi-final tie against Aston Villa and we drew away from home 1-1 so we should be confident heading into the 2nd leg.

The final month of the season will all be about us trying to get Champions League qualification be it via the Europa League or the Premier League.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
THIAGO ALMADA
ALMADA.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
APR.png

View attachment 557096
VIDEO LINK - Newcastle 7-1 Spurs 1996

APRIL

View attachment 557084

Lineup
- Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo*, Lewis (Tavernier), Cook, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Almada, Fraser (Badji), Wilson

This win allows us to leapfrog Spurs and move into the Champions League places so this is a big win. Abdou Diallo got the only goal of the game but we should have scored more such was our dominance and we hit the woodwork a few times too.

--

UEFA Europa League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
View attachment 557085

Lineup
- Dubravka, Aarons, Gila, Diallo, Mitchell, Cook (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almada (Almiron), Lainez, Wilson (Badji)

An entertaining match and while losing the game is disappointing the fact that we have 3 away goals is very much a positive. Callum Wilson got injured though and he will be out for around a month.

--

View attachment 557086

Lineup - Dubravka, Tavernier, Mumin, Diallo, Mitchell, Cook (M.Longstaff), S.Longstaff, Lainez (Olise), Almiron, Fraser (Serrano), Badji

If you look at the match stats this was an even game but it wasnt. We were well beaten and apart from a late effort that hit the crossbar we never looked like scoring. An awful performance both individually and collectively.

--

UEFA Europa League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
View attachment 557087

Lineup
- Dubravka, Aarons (Tavernier), Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, Cook, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almada, Fraser*, Badji

We put on a performance here as we overcome our 1st leg deficit to go through by 1 goal. Almada gave us an early lead but Ryan Gauld quickly levelled however long range efforts from Lewis Cook and Ryan Fraser ensured that we would be in the semis where we will play............. Aston Villa!!!

--

View attachment 557089

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Cook, Ceballos (S.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin*, Almada, Fraser (Lainez), Badji (Armstrong)

An early goal from ASM was enough to beat bottom side West Brom. Badji had a goal disallowed but despite the narrow scoreline we deserved the victory.

--

UEFA Europa League Semi-Final 1st Leg
View attachment 557095

Lineup
- Dubravka, Aarons (Tavernier), Mumin, Diallo*, Lewis, Cook (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Almada, Fraser, Badji

Not a bad result. We have an away goal and have to be confident heading into the 2nd leg. Atletico Madrid comfortably beat PSV in the other semi so I would expect them to reach the final. This was my 100th game as Newcastle manager.

--

SUMMARY

We head into the final month of the season with a load of games to play. Some teams in the league only have 2 games left to play but we have 5!!!!! We are 7pts behind Spurs who are in 4th place and that cherished Champions League spot but we have 3 games in hand over them so it is going to go right down to the wire and thats after us beating them 1-0 this month!!!

In the Europa League we overcame a first leg deficit against Benfica to defeat them in the second leg to set up a semi-final tie against Aston Villa and we drew away from home 1-1 so we should be confident heading into the 2nd leg.

The final month of the season will all be about us trying to get Champions League qualification be it via the Europa League or the Premier League.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
THIAGO ALMADA
View attachment 557098

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
View attachment 557099
so anyways how everton is doing in championship and will newcastle win the europa league and make it to champions league

1624739215140.png

VIDEO LINK - Newcastle 4-3 Leicester 1997

MAY

soton.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin (Lascelles), Diallo, Lewis, Cook, Ceballos (M.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin* (Almiron), Almada, Fraser, Badji

Southampton are a decent side and sit in 8th place in the table but we swept them aside here thanks to doubles from Badji and ASM. Spurs lost at home to Leeds so it has been a great day for us.

--

man utd.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Gila, Mitchell, M.Longstaff (Gelabert), Blanco, Lainez (Olise), Almiron, Serrano (Anderson), Wilson

This match was crazy. Basically my entire first team were out for this match so if you had offered me 4 goals for beforehand I would have snapped your hand off but unfortunately we conceded 7 and they also missed a penalty. Callum Wilson scored a fantastic hat-trick for us while Gelabert scored his first goal for us.

--

UEFA Europa League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
2-1.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Aarons (Tavernier), Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, Cook, Ceballo, Saint-Maximin (Fraser*), Almada, Lainez, Wilson (Badji)

Ryan Fraser is the hero!!!!!!!! My little Scottish winger scored a last minute winner to send us into the final as we come from behind to beat Aston Villa. Ceballos had earlier cancelled out Ollie Watkins opener and it seemed as though we were destined for extra-time until Fraser popped up with a goal right at the death.

Even better - PSV beat Atletico Madrid 2-0 to go through to the final on away goals!!!

--

000.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Tavernier, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis (Mitchell), Cook (Blanco), S.Longstaff, Lainez, Almada, Almiron (Olise), Wilson

Leicester went into this game knowing if they didnt get at least a point then they would probably be relegated and they can count themselves very unlucky not to at least get that. They deserved at least a draw despite only scoring late on and they even had an injury time goal disallowed but this victory means we still have a chance of a top 4 finish!

--

brentford.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, Cook, Ceballos, Lainez (Olise), Almada (Almiron), Fraser (Badji), Wilson

We move into the top 4 with this victory thanks to a late penalty from Callum Wilson - only our 2nd in the league this season! If we beat Burnley away from home we will have secured a Champions League place and if Arsenal lose and we win by about 12 goals we may finish 3rd lol!!!!

Sounds easy - however I have to keep in mind that we have the Europa League final to think of!

--

burnley.png

Lineup - Dubravka*, Tavernier, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Cook (M.Longstaff), S.Longstaff, Lainez, Almada, Fraser (Almiron), Wilson (Badji)

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE HERE WE COME!!!!!!!

We did what we needed to do here as 2 early goals were enough to beat a spirited Burnley side. Tavernier converted a penalty and Diego Lainez struck a 2nd and after that we just saw the game out and tbh Burnley played well but you cant afford to give us a 2 goal head start!

--

UEFA Europa League Final
psv.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Aarons (Tavernier), Mumin, Diallo, Lewis (Mitchell), Cook, Ceballos, Lainez (Almiron), Almada, Fraser, Wilson*

WE WIN THE EUROPA LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!

We got off to the worst possible start when we conceded in the first minute but thankfully Callum Wilson latched onto a short pass back to level just moments later and so the scoreline stayed until half-time. Immediately after the kick-off however we took the lead when Mumin finished and when Wilson added a 2nd late on it was game over but PSV pulled a goal back but there was still enough time for Almada to seal things in the last minute!

--

SUMMARY

An excellent end to the season!!! We managed to finish 4th in the league to claim a Champions League spot but much more importantly won the Europa League to perversely earn us a Champions League spot even if we had finished 5th!!!

There was goals galore this month - in the league we put 4 past Southampton as we swept them aside and then miraculously put the same amount past Man Utd but on that occasion we conceded 7! We ended up beating Leicester, Brentford and Burnley to seal 4th place but in all honesty our main aim was the Europa League.

Having beaten Aston Villa 2-1 thanks to a last minute goal to reach the final we went into the match as favourites and we played as such as we managed to come from behind to score 4 goals and win the final comfortably.

Two seasons in - 3 trophies won, including a major European trophy - not bad!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CALLUM WILSON
WILSON.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
TABLE.png

1624781754324.png

END OF SEASON POST

Season no.2 is done and it was a great one! We improved our league position and won 2 cups - including a European trophy so naturally I am delighted with how things went.

In the league our goals dried up significantly as we scored 20 less than last season however we ended up finishing 4th with 3 more points than last term and in doing so forced the likes of Man City and Chelsea out of the Champions League! We did concede less goals than last season but we still let in far too many for a top side which is what I want us to be!

We lost in the Community Shield but claimed the Carabao Cup by defeating Aston Villa 4-2 in the final. Tbh we walked that tournament as we didnt face any of the big sides so it wasnt the hardest of accomplishments but our hold on the FA Cup ended when Man City knocked us out on penalties at the quarter-final stage.

In the Europa League we were victorious!! We topped our group which included Roma and then somehow drew the Italians in our first knockout round and they were duly despatched as were Benfica and Aston Villa which set us up with a final tie against PSV and we took care of them by beating them 4-2. I have been in 3 major finals and we have won all 3 by the same scoreline!!!!!

--

PREMIER LEAGUE

TABLE.png

--

SQUAD

squad.png
squad2.png

Goalkeepers - Martin Dubravka played all 62 matches for us and he had a terrific season which 7 MOM awards indicate. Freddie Woodman didnt get a look in!!!!

Defenders - I shelled out a club record £50m on my new RB, Max Aarons, and he was a tad disappointing I have to say but he is still young and should improve so I have no worries over him. James Tavernier was his backup and had his moment in the limelight when he scored 2 late penalties to win us the Carabao Cup. On the left Jamal Lewis was the same - could do far better but is young so probably will do!

Abdul Mumin was a revelation in the centre of my defence as my £13m bargain summer signing was immense. He scored 6 goals and built up a fantastic partnership with Abdou Diallo who also impressed. Jamaal Lascelles is the club captain and he played quite often too.

Midfielders - I rocked with a new CM partnership this season as Dani Ceballos and Lewis Cook were my new chosen ones. Ceballos had a fine season with 9 goals while Cook got 14 assists but he still needs to step up a gear methinks. The Longstaff brothers were backup to them and featured fairly often be it on the pitch or from the bench.

The biggest problem in my side was the AMC position. Miguel Almiron was shocking - absolutely terrible and his days are numbered. Thiago Almada came in towards the end of the season and did ok. Allan Saint-Maximin had a fine season on the RW while over on the left Diego Lainez had a poor season after excelling last term but thankfully Ryan Fraser stepped up to the plate with 15 goals and 12 assists and he even won the award as the best player in the Europa League.

Michael Olise, Cesar Gelabert and Nico Serrano were squad fillers and were used as backup options.

Forwards - Callum Wilson was the main man yet again and he ended up with 28 goals which is 8 less than last term. Youssouph Badji was his backup and he did nothing until after Christmas but he did end up finding form and the youngster got 13 goals. Adam Armstrong was mainly used as a sub.

My Player of the Year
- Abdul Mumin
My Young Player of the Year - Youssouph Badji
Must Improve - Max Aarons
Donkey of the Year - Miguel Almiron

--

SUMMER PLANS

Well finding myself a new AMC is on the cards!!! If I can somehow get one who can get double figures in goals and assists that would lift us superbly. I have alrready tried to get James Maddison but he has decided to join Arsenal.

I do have 2 pre-contracts lined up - and they will certainly take us up a level!!!!!!​

1624792893845.png

PRE-SEASON

I have spent the summer improving my squad and I feel that we are now stronger. I had 2 deals pre-arranged but I didnt realise that one wasnt joining us until January so that changed things slightly!

I have spent a tiny bit less than I have recouped so that is not bad and I have got some absolute bargains too!

I also appointed a new assistant manager to help me out and I signed a new contract which included me more than doubling my wage to £100k a week. I had an offer to take the Spurs job which I naturally refused so the board were all over me after that.

Here are my transfer dealings........

--

PLAYERS OUT

I sold James Tavernier to Everton for £32.5m which is more than triple the amount that I paid for him which is not a bad piece of business. He scored 9 goals in 68 matches and will be remembered for scoring the 2 penalties that took us to victory in the Carabao Cup final.

Miguel Almiron was unsurprisingly sold. I love him in real life but by god he was hopeless for me and he annoyed me further when he rejected a £37m move to Crystal Palace! In the end he joined a Chinese team for £22m and he only scored 5 goals in 77 games.

Martin Dubravka left to join West Ham for £18.25m while Antonio Blanco joined him for £15m. Blanco barely featured for me but Dubravka was immense for me, especially last season, and I only chose to sell him due to him being 33y/o.

My only other permanent departure was Cesar Gelabert who joined Malaga for £6m.

--

PLAYERS IN

Dubravka's replacement is Aaron Ramsdale who I signed from Sheffield United for £42.5m. He is England's no.1 and will be ours for many years to come as he is only 24y/o. I feel it is important to have a strong domestic influence in the team and he certainly represents that!
ramsdale.png

As I mentioned earlier I really needed an AMC and tried to get James Maddison but he rejected us so I made the move to sign Yusuf Demir from Rapid Vienna for £29.5m. The 19y/o wonderkid can also play on the RW and I am sure he will be a success here.
demir.png

With Tavernier gone I needed another RB and after failing to get Brandon Williams from Man Utd I ended up going for Ainsley Maitland-Niles who was transfer listed at Arsenal so I got him for a cheap £17.5m. He can play in a number of positions and at 24y/o he can still improve a touch.
amn.png

One of the deals that I had pre-arranged was that of Sandro Tonali on a free. This is an absolute steal and while we didnt really need him the chance to get a world class player on a free transfer was too good to turn down.
tonali.png

The same goes for my next signing on a free transfer! Ousmane Dembele was released by Barcelona so I quickly moved to get him - even though we didnt really need him! He is a world class talent and he should help us get to the next level.
dembele.png

My only other signing was Nico Williams from Athletic Bilbao on a free but he will be with the reserves.

--

SQUAD - SEASON AIMS

Ramsdale will be my new keeper, Tonali will compete with Lewis Cook in midfield while Dembele will probably be my new LW so Fraser and Lainez will probably see reduced game time. Yusuf Demir will be my new AMC but if he struggles the likes of Almada and Olise will get their chance.

As for my season aims I feel that a top 4 finish is a must and also I would like us to win a trophy. This will be our first season in the Champions League so it will be interesting to see how we get on there but this will be a weird season with the World Cup happening at the end of the year.​

1624800918864.png

VIDEO LINK - Chelsea 0-2 Newcastle 2012

AUGUST

dembele.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis (Maitland-Niles), Tonali, Ceballos, Dembele*, Yusuf Demir, Fraser (Lainez), Wilson (Badji)

Heartbreaking!!!! We have yet to beat Man Utd so to come so close is infuriating. Ousmane Dembele had a good debut though and he set up the goal that we scored through Ceballos. A good result I suppose but it is just hard to take.

--

city.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Lascelles (Gila), Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos (Cook), Dembele*, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Fraser, Wilson

A magnificent win! We took the lead in the 1st minute when Callum Wilson scored from close range. Ousmane Dembele had us 2-0 up at half-time and we were cruising however they scored twice to bring us level and they were heavy favourites at that point but Dembele popped up again with the winner to cap off a remarkable performance.

City sacked Guardiola in the summer and replaced him with Luis Enrique but he has lost his first 2 league games.

--

UEFA European Super Cup
pool.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos (S.Longstaff), Dembele, Yusuf Demir, Fraser (Lainez), Wilson (Badji)

We just didnt turn up here and never looked like wining which is extremely disappointing. Liverpool ran away with the league last season and obviously won the Champions League and they then went out and signed Cristiano Ronaldo!!!

--

fulham.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali*, Ceballos (Cook), Dembele (Lainez), Yusuf Demir (Almada), Fraser, Wilson

We fell behind early on here but fought back to win. Ryan Fraser scored twice with his 2nd being a stunning volley while Yusuf Demir scored his first goal for us. Unfortunately Dembele picked up an injury and will be out for a month.

--

leeds.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali*, Ceballos (S.Longstaff), Yusuf Demir, Almada (Olise), Lainez, Wilson (Badji)

A nice victory and a first clean sheet of the season. I was without 3 of my wingers here (ASM, Dembele and Fraser) so Yusuf Demir moved over to the RW and he duly scored which was pleasing.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Lascelles (Mumin), Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos, Yusuf Demir (Saint-Maximin), Almada, Fraser, Wilson (Badji)

We just didnt show up here and never looked like scoring and the only good thing was the return from injury of Mumin and Saint-Maximin.

--

SUMMARY

The fixture list wasnt kind to us as we played both Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Liverpool so to only lose twice is not too bad and of course the Liverpool game wasnt in the league.

We opened the campaign with a draw versus Man Utd when they equalised in the last minute but then went on to win away to Man City who are somehow bottom of the league! Liverpool beat us in the Super Cup but we easily defeated Fulham and Leeds before losing to Chelsea. Not great but not bad and if you had offered me 10pts before the season from the first month I would have accepted it.

In the Carabao Cup we have drawn away to Arsenal and in the Champions League we have been drawn alongside Juventus, Shakhtar Donetsk and Gent so I would expect us to qualify from that group.
1624801477087.png
1624801496583.png
1624801519203.png
1624801541838.png

Regarding the transfer window I signed LB Niels Nkounkou after he was released by Everton but he will be with the reserves mainly.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
OUSMANE DEMBELE
od.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
aug.png

View attachment 557164
VIDEO LINK - Chelsea 0-2 Newcastle 2012

AUGUST

View attachment 557140

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis (Maitland-Niles), Tonali, Ceballos, Dembele*, Yusuf Demir, Fraser (Lainez), Wilson (Badji)

Heartbreaking!!!! We have yet to beat Man Utd so to come so close is infuriating. Ousmane Dembele had a good debut though and he set up the goal that we scored through Ceballos. A good result I suppose but it is just hard to take.

--

View attachment 557141

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Lascelles (Gila), Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos (Cook), Dembele*, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Fraser, Wilson

A magnificent win! We took the lead in the 1st minute when Callum Wilson scored from close range. Ousmane Dembele had us 2-0 up at half-time and we were cruising however they scored twice to bring us level and they were heavy favourites at that point but Dembele popped up again with the winner to cap off a remarkable performance.

City sacked Guardiola in the summer and replaced him with Luis Enrique but he has lost his first 2 league games.

--

UEFA European Super Cup
View attachment 557143

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos (S.Longstaff), Dembele, Yusuf Demir, Fraser (Lainez), Wilson (Badji)

We just didnt turn up here and never looked like wining which is extremely disappointing. Liverpool ran away with the league last season and obviously won the Champions League and they then went out and signed Cristiano Ronaldo!!!

--

View attachment 557157

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali*, Ceballos (Cook), Dembele (Lainez), Yusuf Demir (Almada), Fraser, Wilson

We fell behind early on here but fought back to win. Ryan Fraser scored twice with his 2nd being a stunning volley while Yusuf Demir scored his first goal for us. Unfortunately Dembele picked up an injury and will be out for a month.

--

View attachment 557160

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali*, Ceballos (S.Longstaff), Yusuf Demir, Almada (Olise), Lainez, Wilson (Badji)

A nice victory and a first clean sheet of the season. I was without 3 of my wingers here (ASM, Dembele and Fraser) so Yusuf Demir moved over to the RW and he duly scored which was pleasing.

--

View attachment 557161

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Lascelles (Mumin), Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos, Yusuf Demir (Saint-Maximin), Almada, Fraser, Wilson (Badji)

We just didnt show up here and never looked like scoring and the only good thing was the return from injury of Mumin and Saint-Maximin.

--

SUMMARY

The fixture list wasnt kind to us as we played both Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Liverpool so to only lose twice is not too bad and of course the Liverpool game wasnt in the league.

We opened the campaign with a draw versus Man Utd when they equalised in the last minute but then went on to win away to Man City who are somehow bottom of the league! Liverpool beat us in the Super Cup but we easily defeated Fulham and Leeds before losing to Chelsea. Not great but not bad and if you had offered me 10pts before the season from the first month I would have accepted it.

In the Carabao Cup we have drawn away to Arsenal and in the Champions League we have been drawn alongside Juventus, Shakhtar Donetsk and Gent so I would expect us to qualify from that group.
View attachment 557165View attachment 557166View attachment 557167View attachment 557168

Regarding the transfer window I signed LB Niels Nkounkou after he was released by Everton but he will be with the reserves mainly.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
OUSMANE DEMBELE
View attachment 557163

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
View attachment 557162
holy god what happen to man city and why they did it losing 5 games in the row

1624811449353.png

VIDEO LINK - Arsenal 2-3 Newcastle 1994

SEPTEMBER

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
arsenal.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis (Nkounkou), Tonali (Cook), Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almada, Fraser, Wilson (Badji)

Out we go of the Carabao Cup at the first time of asking. Losing is one thing but losing with such a terrible performance is another as for the 3rd time this season we didnt even look as though we were trying as we only had 1 shot on goal here. Not good enough.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin (Almada), Yusuf Demir, Fraser (Lainez), Wilson (Badji)

AAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

We concede in injury time to drop 2pts to Brighton here. Yet again we just didnt turn up as we scored with our only shot on target. Things must improve!!!!!

--

UEFA Champions League Group G
shakhtar.png

Lineup
- Woodman, Aarons, Lascelles, Gila, Lewis, Cook, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Fraser (Olise), Almada, Lainez (Dembele), Badji*

I decided to rest my first teamers and play my backups here as several of my players were unfit or injured like Aaron Ramsdale who got an injury the day before the game. It was a big risk but it paid off as Youssouph Badji scored a fantastic 4 goals to win us the match with his 4th being a comical goal when their keeper booted the ball off him and into the net!

--

watford.png

Lineup - Woodman, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos (Cook), Dembele (Fraser), Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin*, Badji (Wilson)

I stuck with Badji here up front and he wasnt very good lol. We got the win thanks to a goal from ASM as I decided to play him on the left and Dembele on the right.

--

gent.png

Lineup
- Woodman, Maitland-Niles, Lascelles, Gila, Lewis (Diallo), Cook (M.Longstaff), S.Longstaff, Fraser, Almada, Lainez (Panagiotou), Badji*

Very nice. I went with my backups again and the goals flowed as we scored 4 here. Badji struck twice while Lainez and Almada got their first goals of the season. Shakhtar beat Juventus 3-2 away from home so this matchday has been brilliant for us!

--

villa.png

Lineup - Woodman, Maitland-Niles (Lascelles), Mumin, Diallo, Aarons, Tonali, Ceballos (Cook), Dembele, Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin*, Badji (Wilson)

A decent away win with ASM starring again on the left wing with 2 goals. We put in a much better performance here compared to our previous league fixtures - even though we conceded twice - so I am quite happy.

--

juve.png

Lineup
- Woodman, Maitland-Niles, Mumin, Diallo, Aarons, Tonali, Ceballos, Dembele (Lainez), Almada (Yusuf Demir), Saint-Maximin, Wilson (Badji)

I have said already this season that we havent turned up for matches but this one took the biscuit. We were pathetic. Not turning up? My players werent even born!! We offered absolutely nothing and were lucky to lose by just the 3 goals.

--

SUMMARY

September started poorly and ended the same way unfortunately. We crashed out of the Carabao Cup to Arsenal before drawing with Brighton before things picked up as we put 4 past Shakhtar and Gent in the Champions League while also beating Watford and Aston Villa in the league however we ended the month with a crushing 3-0 defeat to Juventus in Europe.

We are on par I suppose for the season but I still feel that we havent found top form yet. I have yet to field my strongest XI so that is some hope for me to cling to and I am just waiting until January so my other pre-contract signing can join to strengthen us................

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOUSSOUPH BADJI
badji.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
SEP.png

1624907497812.png

VIDEO LINK - Newcastle 1-0 Juventus 2002

OCTOBER

brentford.png

Lineup - Woodman, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis*, Tonali (Cook), Ceballos, Dembele, Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Wilson (Badji)

Saint-Maximin is loving life on the left wing as he scored the only goal of the game here against over-achieving Brentford.

--

burnley.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin (Lascelles), Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos, Dembele (Fraser), Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin*, Badji

A comfortable win and yet another goal for ASM as he scores in 4 league matches in a row. Yusuf Demir got us underway before ASM scored and Ryan Fraser came off the bench to net a 3rd in stoppage time.

--

201.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Cook (S.Longstaff), Dembele (Fraser), Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin*, Wilson

We take control of the group with this victory as we edge out Juventus. Callum Wilson and ASM scored our goals to give us the win and we are 3pts clear of Juventus with 2 games to play but it is Shakhtar Donetsk who lie in 2nd place with 7pts while we are on 9.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Ramsdale*, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Mitchell, Tonali (Cook), Ceballos, Dembele (Fraser), Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin, Wilson

We make it 5 wins in a row (and 5 games scored in a row for ASM) in the league here with this victory but I dont know how as Southampton absolutely battered us but somehow we kept them out!

--

shakhtar.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles (Aarons), Lascelles, Gila, Lewis, Cook (M.Longstaff), S.Longstaff, Fraser, Almada, Lainez (Olise), Badji*

This win secures our place in the knockout stages. Youssouph Badji got both of our goals early on and now has 8 for the season - all have come in the Champions League!!!

--

palace.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Mumin, Diallo, Lewis*, Cook (S.Longstaff), Ceballos, Fraser (Lainez), Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin, Wilson

Crystal Palace are rock bottom of the league and we piled on the misery here with an easy win which makes it 6 wins in a row in the league!

--

SUMMARY

6 games, 6 wins - I am one happy manager! Winning the league 4 league matches was pleasing as Allan Saint-Maximin hit top form and couldnt stop scoring and I suppose having faced Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea in the first month of the season we were always going to get an easier run of fixtures and we took advantage of that this month.

In the Champions League we only need 1pt to win the group after we beat Juventus and Shakhtar Donetsk 2-1. I will play my backups in our final group game away to Gent and I expect us to get the point required there.

The World Cup is upcoming so the next post will combine my matches in November and December.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALLAN SAINT-MAXIMIN
asm.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
SEP.png

1624946356760.png

VIDEO LINK - Newcastle 5-1 Blackburn 2003

NOVEMBER & DECEMBER

gent.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Lascelles, Gila, Mitchell, Cook, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Fraser, Almada*, Lainez (Anderson), Badji (Armstrong)

We only needed a point to win the group and we duly got that but we should have scored 4 or 5 such was our dominance. Hey ho.

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Lascelles (Gila), Diallo, Mitchell, Tonali (Cook), Ceballos, Dembele, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin, Wilson

A disappointing result as our win streak in the league comes to an end but considering we were behind with only a few minutes to play I should be happy with a point as Thiago Almada converted a penalty to give us a draw.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin (Lascelles), Diallo, Lewis, Cook (Tonali), Ceballos, Fraser, Yusuf Demir*, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Wilson

We return to action after the World Cup (won by Germany) to beat Wolves thanks to 2 early goals from Yusuf Demir and Callum Wilson.

--

FA Cup 3rd Round
blackburn.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Lascelles, Gila, Mitchell, Cook, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Fraser (Panagiotu), Almada (Olise), Lainez*, Badji

My backups got another run out here and they smashed 5 past Blackburn. Diego Lainez scored a terrific hat-trick while Lewis Cook scored with a scremaer from distance.

--

SUMMARY

4 games spread over 2 months - nothing much to say really lol. We progressed past Balckburn in the FA Cup but the draw has not been kind as we will play Liverpool away and in the Champions League, despite winning our group we have been paired with Barcelona!!!

Onto 2023 we go...............

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH(S)
THIAGO ALMADA
ALMADA.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
dec.png

1624989555440.png

VIDEO LINK - Newcastle 3-2 Everton 2019

JANUARY

spurs.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis (Maitland-Niles), Cook (Tonali), Ceballos, Dembele, Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Moukoko

Youssoufa Moukoko made his debut here and he got a goal which is very pleasing but alas we couldnt hold on for the victory unfortunately but it is still a decent result.

--

pool.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Lascelles (Gila), Diallo, Mitchell, Cook, Ceballos, Dembele (Lainez), Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin, Moukoko (Wilson)

We were terrible here. Shocking. My players should be embarrassed. They better do better when we play them here in an FA Cup tie in a couple of weeks.

--

everton.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Lascelles, Diallo, Mitchell, Cook, Ceballos (S.Longstaff), Dembele (Lainez), Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin*, Wilson

Thats much better!!!! We ran riot here against Everton with Allan Saint-Maximin especially impressing with a fantastic hat-trick. Defensively we conceded far too many chances however and we still need to work on that for sure.

--

1-4.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Lascelles, Diallo, Mitchell, Cook, Ceballos (S.Longstaff), Lainez, Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin (Fraser), Wilson (Moukoko)

Once again, and twice within a week, we go away to a top side and crumble. Yet again we were shocking. It seems as though we are playing at being a big club and sure I have a very young squad but they are a load of bottlers at the minute. Moukoko's goal was amazing though.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Mitchell (Maitland-Niles), Tonali (Cook), Ceballos, Lainez, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin*, Moukoko

We finally turn up against a top domestic rival as we beat Arsenal but we tried our best to throw it away as we conceded 2 late goals. Moukoko and ASM seem to have got a good partnership already which is all good!

--

FA Cup 4th Round

2-4.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Mitchell (Maitland-Niles), Tonali, Ceballos (Cook), Dembele (Lainez), Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin, Moukoko

THIS HAS GOT TO ******* STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

To concede 4 goals away from home 3 times in a season is one thing - to do it in the space of 2 weeks is ******* terrible.

Unless we win the Champions League or the League - which aint going to happen - then we will be trophyless this season.

--

fulham.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin (Gila), Diallo, Mitchell (Lewis), Tonali, Ceballos*, Lainez, Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin (Fraser), Moukoko

A much needed clean sheet. Dani Ceballos struck the winner from outside the area to give us the points here. He has been disappointing this season to be honest but that was a big goal for us.

--

man city.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo (Lascelles), Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos, Lainez*, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin (Fraser), Moukoko

We beat Man City 3-2 for the 2nd time this season. Diego Lainez set up all 3 goals in a terrific individual performance and it was Thiago Almada who struck the winner with 3min to go after he came off the bench.

--

SUMMARY

What a weird month. Normally in a month where you beat Arsenal and Man City you would be saying it was a great month but with so many fixtures we also managed to concede 4 goals to Liverpool (twice) and Man Utd when we put in terrible performances and that also included us being dumped out of the FA Cup. We arent going to win the league and it is all about getting a top 4 finish tbh and with us playing the big teams in such a short space of time we will have some easier fixtures upcoming although our next game is Chelsea away!!!!

As for the transfer window, as you can see I signed a worldie. Youssoufa Moukoko joined us from Borussia Dortmund on a free transfer. AMAZING!!!! To get possibly the best player in the game as an 18y/o on a free transfer is amazing and he has already hit the ground running. The deal was a year in the making so we had to bide our time but he is here now and banging in the goals.
moukoko.png

I also signed a CB from Crewe for £8.75m that my DoF found. Expensive but at 17y/o he is a top prospect.
hendey.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALLAN SAINT-MAXIMIN
st max.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
jan.png

1625030182253.png

VIDEO LINK - Newcastle 3-2 Chelsea 2013

FEBRUARY

chelsea.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali (Maitland-Niles), Ceballos (Cook), Lainez, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin, Moukoko

What a thriller this was!!!! We come out on top in a 9 goal thriller here as both teams put on a show. ASM struck twice for us while Moukoko scored again, Lainez followed up his game with 3 assists with a goal and Almada came off the bench to score again which proved to be the winner.

--

leeds.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos, Lainez (Dembele), Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin*, Moukoko (Wilson)

If someone can tell me how to upload highlights I will do so as ASM scored a last minute winner with a volley from 61 yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If that isnt goal of the season then the game is done lol. Tonali's opener, a 25 yard free-kick, was completely overshadowed by our winner.

--

watford.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis (Maitland-Niles), Tonali, Ceballos, Lainez, Yusuf Demir*, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Moukoko

6 wins in a row and a clean sheet too!!! Yusuf Demir got the only goal of the game but it was an uneventful match in truth.

--

forest.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos, Dembele (Maitland-Niles*), Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Moukoko (Wilson)

Ainsley Maitland-Niles was the surprise headline grabber here as he came off the bench to score twice and pick up the MOM award.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo*, Lewis, Tonali (Cook), Ceballos (Maitland-Niles), Dembele, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin, Moukoko

We keep on winning!!!! 8 wins in a row!!!!! An early goal from Yusuf Demir was enough to get the points as we keep on chasing down Liverpool but they keep on winning too!!!

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
barcelona.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali*, Ceballos (Cook), Dembele (Lainez), Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin, Moukoko

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All my complaints last month about going away to top sides and crumbling - IGNORE THEM!!!!

What a performance!!!!!!!

What a result!!!!!!

Surely we wont concede 4 goals in the 2nd leg???

--

villa.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis (Mitchell), Tonali (Cook), Ceballos, Dembele (Lainez), Yusuf Demir*, Saint-Maximin, Moukoko

We were 3-0 up and cruising here but decided to let them back into the game annoyingly but we held on to win our 9th league game in a row. We look unbeatable at present!

--

SUMMARY

We cant stop winning at the moment!!! We won all of our matches in February including a 9 goal thriller versus Chelsea and a stonking 3-0 away victory over Barcelona which blew my mind. Having won our last 9 games in the league we have all but secured a Champions League spot for next season but somehow are still a bit short in really challenging Liverpool for the title.

Our victory over Barcelona in the Champions League really showed what we can be - we just need to do it more often!!!!

I forgot to say last month that I sold Adam Armstrong for £8.75m to a team in the far East - cant remember who.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YUSUF DEMIR
demir.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
FEB.png