"Oh me lads, you should've seen us gannin'" - Newcastle United - Making The Supporters Happy Again!

1625030539951.png

VIDEO LINK - Newcastle 3-2 Barcelona 1998

MARCH

5-0.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Mumin (Wilson), Diallo, Lewis, Tonali*, Ceballos, Dembele (Lainez), Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin, Moukoko

We hit Forest for 5 as we make it 10 wins in a row. Tonali was outstanding as he claimed 3 assists and we really should have had double figures but their keeper had a worldie. Ceballos, Yusuf Demir and Moukoko cant stop scoring at the minute!!!!!

--

brentford.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis (Mitchell), Tonali, Ceballos (M.Longstaff), Dembele, Almada, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Moukoko*

A fantastic individual effort from Moukoko was enough for us to win this match but this was anything but comfortable and they probably deserved something from the game tbh.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
1-1.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles (Aarons), Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Cook, Ceballos*, Lainez, Panagiotou, Saint-Maximin (Fraser), Moukoko (Badji)

We see the job through here as we knock Barcelona out of the competition. Dani Ceballos crashed in a powerful shot from just inside the area and after that we didnt really look bothered lol.

--

bunrley.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles (Aarons), Mumin, Diallo (Lascelles), Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos, Dembele*, Yusuf Demir, Lainez, Moukoko (Wilson)

12 wins in a row and we go top of the league - albeit because we have played 2 games more! We ripped Burnley apart with Dembele helping himself to a hat-trick.

--

SUMMARY

Our amazing form continued this month as we won all of our league games to take us top of the league and also drew with Barcelona to progress in the Champions League!!!

Sure we are leading the way domestically but Liverpool have 2 games in hand and although we have still to play each other I still cant see us toppling them. In the Champions League we will play Borussia Dortmund in the quarter-finals so that should be a good match up.

The youth intake was meh.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANI CEBALLOS
ceballos.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
mar.png

1625118007537.png

VIDEO LINK - Newcastle 3-2 Southampton 2021

APRIL

soton.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos, Dembele (Lainez), Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin*, Moukoko

Its 13 wins in a row now in the league and if we keep on winning we aint going to be losing! Whats more impressive is that we are blowing away teams at the minute as we scored 4 here with Moukoko getting his first brace for the club.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
dortmund.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin (Lascelles), Diallo, Lewis, Tonali (Cook), Ceballos, Dembele, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin, Moukoko

We have a narrow advantage for the 2nd leg with this victory. They have the away goal though which is annoying and they also had a late equaliser disallowed.

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali*, Ceballos (Cook), Dembele (Lainez), Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin (Almada), Moukoko

SANDRO TONALI!!!!!!!!!!!!

He had 1 goal for us before this match and he scored 4 here with a hat-trick of free-kicks as we smash 6 past West Ham.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
2-3.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin (Lascelles), Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos (Cook), Lainez (Fraser), Almada, Saint-Maximin, Moukoko

We march into the semis on away goals. We fell 2 goals behind but I wasnt overly concerned as I fancied us to get a goal and when we scored the 2nd we were home free!

--

palace.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos, Dembele (Lainez), Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin*, Moukoko (Wilson)

With our current run of amazing form I expected us to smash bottom side Crystal Palace but it didnt turn out that way and we had to rely on a fantastic goal from ASM late on to give us the points.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali*, Ceballos (Cook), Dembele (Maitland-Niles), Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Moukoko

16 wins in a row in the league!!!! Unfortunately Liverpool keep winning too.......................

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
man utd.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos, Dembele, Almada, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Moukoko (Wilson)

It seems our run in the Champions League is about to end as we lose to Man Utd here. We gave it a good go and created a few chances but we were firmly put in our place.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos (Cook), Dembele (Maitland-Niles), Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Moukoko

If our last fixture all but ended our Champions League hopes then this one all but ends our league title hopes as Arsenal's victory allows them to leapfrog us in the table.

--

SUMMARY

We kept on winning this month - and then it all stopped!!! Alas it seems our season is all but over as defeats to Arsenal in the league and Man Utd in the Champions League means we are realistically not going to triumph in either competition. I suppose there is a minimal chance we could overturn the first leg deficit against Man Utd but we have yet to beat them in this save.

It was all looking so good! When Sandro Tonali is scoring 4 goals in a game you cant help but wonder if something was written in the stars but not so it seems.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SANDRO TONALI
tonali.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
APR.png

Attachments

• arsenal.png
    arsenal.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 22
1625157628205.png

VIDEO LINK - Newcastle 5-0 Man Utd 1996

MAY

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
0-2.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Lascelles, Gila, Mitchell, Tonali (Cook), Ceballos, Dembele, Almada, Saint-Maximin (Fraser), Moukoko

Sure it was always likely that we werent going to go through after the first leg but we offered nothing here and that is a great shame and not acceptable. It didnt look as if we were even trying. Man Utd have certainly got our number.

--

spurs.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos (Cook), Dembele, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin, Moukoko (Wilson*)

Remember Callum Wilson? lol. He came off the bench to score the winner here as we get back on track.

--

pool.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos, Dembele (Lainez), Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin, Moukoko (Wilson*)

WHAT A COMEBACK!!!!

Liverpool were crowned champions a few days before this game and they may have been hungover here as even though they led 3-2 we absolutely battered them. Callum Wilson came off the bench to drag us level and ASM struck the winner in the 4th minute of stoppage time.

--

everton.png

Lineup - Woodman, Maitland-Niles, Mumin (Gila), Diallo, Mitchell, Cook, Ceballos (M.Longstaff), Lainez, Almada, Fraser, Wilson (Badji*)

We end the season with a win and in doing so we move up to 2nd in the table. Badji hasnt played since Moukoko arrived but he came off the bench here to score both of our goals to give us the win.

--

SUMMARY

The season ended in fine fashion I suppose - if you ignore our defeat to Man Utd in the Champions League that is! We won our last 3 league games including a terrific comeback against Liverpool and then when we beat their city neighbours we managed to move up to 2nd place so we managed to salvage something at the end of the season.

A big summer ahead!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CALLUM WILSON
WILSON.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
may.png

1625170869191.png

END OF SEASON POST

On one hand we had a great season but at the end of the day we didnt win any trophies so I feel as though it is a failure of a season. It was a barmy season however with the World Cup happening in the winter so fixture lists were congested and our fixture list had us playing pretty much all the top teams in the league in one month and then we had all the weaker sides all in a row.

Our form in the league was patchy until the New Year and whether it was coincidental that Moukoko arrived but once we got through a very dodgy January we then went on to win 16 league games in a row!!!! Normally that would shoehorn you into first place but alas it was not to be. We actually won 19 of our final 20 fixtures but we still finished 5pts behind Liverpool.

We lost to Arsenal in the 3rd round of the Carabao Cup and we didnt do much better in the FA Cup as Liverpool sent us packing in the 4th round and they also defeated us in the European Super Cup.

We did however pull up trees in the Champions League as we reached the semis. We topped our group ahead of Juventus and went on to convincingly knockout Barcelona before edging out Borussia Dortmund however Man Utd defeated us 4-0 on aggregate in the semis. The winners? ****** Juventus!!!!!

This season I think shows that despite not winning anything for the first time, we can be seen as serious contenders for the trophies. If we strengthen wisely in the summer then who knows what will happen?

--

PREMIER LEAGUE

TABLE.png

--

SQUAD

squad.png
squad2.png

Goalkeepers - Aaron Ramsdale was signed in the summer and he was decent but he missed 7 fixtures which meant that Freddie Woodman got a few rare starts. Nothing will be changing in the summer in this position in the summer!

Defenders
- Not much to say tbh. They all did their jobs but nobody stood-out tbh. Lewis improved from last season but Mumin dropped a bit. Tbh this is possibly the part of my side that needs strengthening the most but considering none of them were awful I would have to find some top notch defenders to take their places. Max Aarons is the only one who is assured of his future here.

Midfielders
- Sandro Tonali came into the club in the summer and he did well. He scored 5 goals and amazingly 4 were in 1 match!!!! Dani Ceballos had a quiet first half to the season but he came to the fore after Christmas and started scoring goals fairly regularly. The Longstaff brothers barely featured but I need them for the home grown quotas in European competitions. Lewis Cook was demoted to a backup CM to Tonali and also Ceballos tbh.

At AMC Yusuf Demir was a definite upgrade over Miguel Almiron. With 13 goals and 7 assists he contributed far more than Miggy and at such a young age he can only get better. Dembele and Saint-Maximin were our first choice wingers with ASM ending up as our top scorer with 20 goals. Dembele did not bad while the likes of Fraser and Lainez had spells in and out of the team.

Thiago Almada was my backup AMC but despite having great attributes Michael Olise barely featured and that needs to be addressed.

Forwards - I started the season with Callum Wilson up top and he did well but Badji came in in the Champions League and rattled in 8 goals in the group stage so when my pre-arranged transfer of Moukoko arrived I had decisions to make. 3 in to one doesnt fit. I plumped with Moukoko and at just 18y/o to get 17 goals in 29 apps is good going but his average rating must improve.

Wilson was demoted to the bench, Badji was hardly seen again and Adam Armstrong was sold.

My Player of the Year - Allan Saint-Maximin
My Young Player of the Year - Yusuf Demir
Must Improve - Max Aarons
Donkey of the Year - Michael Olise

--

SUMMER PLANS

I have 1 signing incoming and have thought about promoting a couple of youngsters to the first team as that is a huge criticism I have received from the board. I have an initial £80m to spend so there is room to strengthen the squad significantly. We shall see.​

1625242835630.png

PRE-SEASON

So my task in the summer was to bring in quality - not quantity. I think I have done that!!!! We are so close to winning the big trophies and with such a young squad surely it is just a matter of time but until we win a title or the Champions League we will have achieved nothing.

I only signed 3 new players for the first team but I had in mind to promote a couple from the youth squads so I have done that also.

So let me introduce you to my new players and tell you about the departures.........

--

PLAYERS OUT

I raked in over £100m in transfer fees. Callum Wilson is the most expensive sale at £20m to Everton. He was fantastic for me in 3 seasons but fell down the pecking order when Moukoko arrived. He played 107 games for me and scored 76 goals so that is not bad!!!!

Ryan Fraser (111 apps, 23 goals) is also a goner as he joined newly promoted Derby County for a cut price £18.5m. He did well for me but he was blocking the path of a promising youngster so he had to go.

All the other permanent departures were those of backup players or u23s. Nico Serrano (Firoentina £15.25m), Matty Longstaff (Trabzonspor £13.5m), Mario Gila (Nantes £11.5m), Rodrigo Vilca (Nice £7.5m) and Niels Nkounkou (LAFC £1.6m) were those.

Jamaal Lascelles has joined Almeria on loan for £1.1m and Octavian Popescu (Borussia MGB), Michael Olise (Feyenoord), Nico Williams (Werder Bremen) and Elliot Anderson were among those who were also loaned out.

--

PLAYERS IN

I had a pre-arranged deal in place and tbh I had planned to loan him out and sell him for a huge profit but upon his arrival I decided to keep him! It is Zinho Vanheusden who joined from Standard Liege on a free. I didnt really need a CB but I think he is a small improvement on what I had already so he should play.
vanheusden.png

So after signing 1 CB who I didnt really need I felt that it was natural to spend £48m on another one!!!! I brought in Ben Godfrey from Barcelona. He is a top player and the fact he is English is nice although his arrival forced Lascelles out the door. I now have to choose 2 of Diallo, Mumin, Vanheusden and Godfrey - strength and depth!!!!
godfrey.png

My final signing for the first team smashed the clubs transfer record. I tried to bring in Jude Bellingham for £114m but he instead opted to extend his contract with Dortmund so I then went for my 2nd choice - Ryan Gravenberch. The 21y/o midfielder joins from Ajax for £85m and at that price he better do well!!!!!
GRAVENBERCH.png

I did sign Willem Geubbels on a free transfer but he is to be loaned out and sold and a couple of youngsters to fill the U23 squad.

--

PLAYERS PROMOTED

Just the 2. Tasos Panagiotou has featured a few times for the first team already and he will be my backup LW while Phil Jarrett is a young striker who I dont think has even been in a matchday squad for me yet but he will be my 3rd choice striker.
panagiotou.png
jarrett.png

--

SQUAD - AIMS FOR THE SEASON

I have a few decisions to make. Mainly who will be my CB pairing? I have 4 quality players and I could easily play my 2 new signings but the other 2 havent done anything wrong!!!!! Gravenberch will probably play ahead of Ceballos which is harsh on the Spaniard as he has proved to be a good goalscoring midfielder. Other than that Panagiotou replaces Ryan Fraser in the squad, Jarrett replaces Wilson and I am a AMC short on last season as I have let Olise go out on loan.

Aims for the season? Get back to winning trophies!!!!!!!!!!!!​

1625292572457.png

Kevin Keegan
1992-97 & 2008

Having re-galvanised the club as a player in the early 1980s Keegan did the same as a manager a decade later taking the club from the brink of relegation to the 3rd tier to challenging for the Premier League title. His teams were all about attacking play and he wasnt afraid to spend the cash as he paid a then world record £15m for Alan Shearer. He returned to the club in 2008 but was forced out of the club by Mike Ashley and his cronies.

AUGUST

FA Community Shield
liverpool.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Vanheusden (Ceballos), Godfrey (Almada), Lewis (Diallo), Tonali*, Gravenberch, Lainez, Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin (Panagiotou), Moukoko (Badji)

We triumph in the Community Shield so I suppose I can say that we have won a trophy but I want a bigger prize. We were 2-0 down and listless but Tonali pulled a goal back through a free-kick to drag us back in it. We then decided to kick them off the park as Salah and Fabinho were taken off injured and it worked as Tonali levelled with just 2min to go to take it to penalties.

What a shoot-out it was!!!! The first 16 penalties were all scored but Valverde blasted wide for them and Panagiotu converted his penalty to win us the match!

--

SHEFF UTD.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali*, Gravenberch, Lainez (Panagiotou), Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin, Moukoko (Badji)

We took a while to get going here but we came through in the end. ASM had a goal disallowed just before Sandro Tonali put us in front with a long range screamer and ASM was not to be denied when he sealed the win minutes later.

--

burnley.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Gravenberch*, Lainez (Dembele), Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin, Moukoko (Badji)

A good result but all 4 goals were worldies from outside of the area!!!!! Tonali scored again somehow while Gravenberch got his first 2 goals for the club including a stunning free-kick. Moukoko missed a penalty here.

--

derby.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Vanheusden, Godfrey (Diallo), Lewis, Tonali*, Gravenberch, Lainez, Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Moukoko

What is Sandro Tonali on??????

He scored again from distance to get his 5th of the season - the same amount as last season - and Moukoko added a double to end his goalscoring drought which was particularly pleasing.

--

SUMMARY

We have had a great start to the season! We started by beating Liverpool on penalties after coming back from 2-0 down to claim the trophy and then we went on to easily beat Sheffield United, Burnley and Derby. Sandro Tonali was the star of the show as he scored 5 goals across the 4 games which is quite incredible and he looks to have built a great relationship with Ryan Gravenberch already!!!

We have been drawn against Newport in the Carabao Cup while in the Champions League we have been given a tough draw as we will play Borussia Dortmund, Inter Milan and FC Kobenhavn. While it is a tricky group we have got to fancy our chances of getting through.
1625293574530.png
1625293593071.png
1625293615719.png
1625293636133.png

Regarding the transfer window I brought in a Bulgarian teenage striker for £4.9m and thats about it.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SANDRO TONALI
tonali.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
sep.png

1625300107167.png

Joe Harvey
1962-75

Harvey won the FA Cup twice as a player with Newcastle and went on to lead Newcastle to their last major trophy - the Fairs Cup in 1969. He also won the 2nd division title also.

SEPTEMBER

leeds.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali (Ceballos), Gravenberch, Dembele, Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin, Moukoko*

Another good victory and I have just noticed that out of our 4 league games 3 have been away from home which makes our start to the season even more impressive!

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos (Longstaff), Dembele (Lainez), Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin, Moukoko*

An easy win but we really should have scored at least double the amount we did as we missed so many sitters. As it was Moukoko converted 2 penalties and Tonali fired in a free-kick.

--

UEFA Champions League Group C
kobenhavn.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Mumin (Hendey), Diallo, Mitchell, Tonali (Longstaff), Ceballos, Lainez, Almada, Panagiotou*, Badji (Jarrett)

I put my faith in my backups here and they duly won the game thanks to 2 early goals from Panagiotou and Badji. Jarrett and Hendey got their debuts here.

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis (Diallo), Tonali*, Gravenberch (Ceballos), Dembele, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin, Moukoko

Another double for Moukoko here and without any penalties this time!

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
newport.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Mumin, Diallo (Hendey), Mitchell, Longstaff, Ceballos, Lainez, Almada, Panagiotou, Badji*

Newport were never going to be good enough to beat us but they did manage to score 2 against us and took a surprise early lead. We should have scored more though.

--

man city.png

Lineup - Ramsdale*, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Gravenberch, Dembele (Lainez), Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin, Moukoko (Badji)

Our 100% record to the start of the season ends here but I am glad to get a point as Man City were the better side throughout. Ramsdale kept them out thankfully as for once we offered nothing going forward.

--

SUMMARY

We are still going strong! We remain unbeaten in all comps this season as we won all our matches apart from the no score draw against Man City. I also took the opportunity to play my backups in a couple of matches so I am pleased with that. Moukoko is banging in the goals for fun at the minute and is grabbing the headlines but the whole team is playing at a very high level just now.

Fixtures wise we have 2 tough months ahead however!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOUSSOUFA MOUKOKO
moukoko.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
AUG.png

1625314391514.png

Bobby Robson
1999-2004

Bobby Robson joined the club from PSV Eindhoven and his spell in charge of his boyhood club was the last spell of a remarkable managerial career. Having taken over from Ruud Gullit with the club bottom of the table Robson rebuilt the club by signing young talents and took the club back into the Champions League.

OCTOBER

inter.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Gravenberch, Lainez, Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin (Panagiotou), Moukoko (Badji)

While the result is disappointing the performance was abysmal!!!! We were terrible here against an Inter side which I actually think we are better than but we offered nothing going forward and didnt deserve anything from the match. They didnt play well either tbh.

--

man utd.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali (Ceballos), Gravenberch, Lainez, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin, Moukoko (Badji)

Our first defeat in the league this season as we still cannot beat Man Utd. We have now failed to score in our last 3 games albeit top opposition. We better get back to winning ways soon!!!!!

--

fulham.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Gravenberch (Ceballos), Lainez (Dembele), Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin, Moukoko*

We get back to winning ways here as Moukoko ran Fulham ragged with 4 goals and he had 1 disallowed too!!!

--

dortmund.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey*, Lewis, Tonali (Cook), Gravenberch, Lainez, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin, Moukoko (Badji)

Dortmund have had a nightmare start to the group stage as they even lost to Kobenhavn and have just 1pt but they deserved at least a point here but they missed a load of chances. Yusuf Demir finally got off the mark for the season.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Gravenberch, Lainez (Dembele), Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin*, Moukoko

This was an entertaining match with loads of chances for both sides but thankfully we came out on top. Saint-Maximin was in top form with 2 goals while Moukoko also had a goal ruled out for offside.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
stoke.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Mumin*, Diallo, Mitchell, Cook (Longstaff), Ceballos, Lainez (Ignatov), Almada, Panagiotou (Jarrett), Badji

My backups get us through to the quarter-finals thanks to an early goal from Badji. They had a late equaliser disallowed fortunately while I gave a debut to Ignatov.

--

SUMMARY

This month started off poorly with defeats to Inter Milan and Man Utd but we responded by finding our form. We put 5 past Fulham with Moukoko scoring 4 before beating Dortmund, hitting Chelsea for 4 and then my backups edged out Stoke in the Carabao Cup.

I dont want to jinx things but if we do well next month where we will face Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs in the league then I can see no reason for us not to challenge for the title. We have to aim high!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALLAN SAINT-MAXIMIN
asm.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
oct.png

1625322286005.png

Stan Seymour
1939-58

Known as "Mr. Newcastle United", Seymour had a 9 year playing career with the club winning 1 league title and 1 FA Cup before managing the club for 19 years and when he picked up another 2 FA Cup trophies. He later became vice-chairman and was part of the board until his death in 1978 while in 1976 he was named as Life President of the club. His son later went on to become the chairman of the club.

NOVEMBER

arsenal.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis (Diallo), Tonali, Gravenberch, Dembele, Yusuf Demir*, Saint-Maximin, Moukoko (Badji)

This was a missed opportunity as we should have won this match given how well we played. Yusuf Demir scored in the 3rd match running but Moukoko had one of his off days.

--

bvb.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Gravenberch, Dembele (Lainez), Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin (Badji), Moukoko

Absolutely pathetic!!!!

We were let off the hook here as Dortmund only managed to score 3 - they could have had 13 we were that bad!!!!! Terrible.

--

pool.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Vanheusden*, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Gravenberch (Ceballos), Dembele, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Saint-Maximin, Moukoko

Much better!!!! We beat Liverpool here and deservedly so as we bounce back from our horrible performance against Dortmund. Moukoko put us ahead and we created several more chances but only scored the 2nd after they had 2 men sent-off!

--

spurs.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey (Mumin), Diallo, Tonali (Cook), Gravenberch, Dembele (Lainez), Almada, Saint-Maximin, Moukoko*

A fine victory as we move 3pts clear at the top of the league. Moukoko got our goal as he deflected an ASM shot into the net.

--

fck.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Cook (Longstaff), Ceballos (Miller), Lainez, Almada, Panagiotou (Jarrett), Badji*

This win secures our place into the knockout stages. Badji scored a hat-trick and he is impressing me this season. Youth academy player, Jonathan Miller, came off the bench to make his debut here.

--

SUMMARY

Apart from the abhorration against Borussia Dortmund this was an excellent month as we end it sitting pretty 3pts at the top of the league. We had some tough fixtures against Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs but we managed to get 7pts from them so I am naturally delighted with that.

In the Champions League despite getting humped by Dortmund we managed to qualify by beating FC Kobenhavn with me fielding a backup side so that was pleasing. We cannot win the group so I will play my backups against Inter Milan in the final group match.

We have been drawn away to Man City in the Carabao Cup quarter-finals so that is a tough draw.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOUSSOUPH BADJI
badji.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
NOV.png

1625342813223.png

Rafael Benitez
2016-19

Benitez took over a side destined for relegation yet he stayed with the club and managed to win the Championship in the next season. In his first season back in the Premier League he managed to finish 10th and another mid-table finish followed before he left the club to go to China.

DECEMBER

everton.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden (Mumin), Godfrey, Diallo, Tonali, Gravenberch (Ceballos), Dembele, Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin, Moukoko*

We put on a show here as we thrash Everton 5-0. Moukoko scored a hat-trick and Dembele finally got off the mark for the season. Very pleasing.

--

inter.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Mumin, Godfrey, Diallo, Longstaff, Ceballos, Lainez, Almada, Saint-Maximin (Dembele), Badji*

I am delighted with this result as I played a largely backup side and we managed to comfortbaly beat Inter. Badji scored twice and had a goal ruled out for offside and I would have played more backups had my U23s not had a match the night before!

c.png

--

villa.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Gravenberch, Dembele*, Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin (Panagiotou), Moukoko (Jarrett)

Aston Villa are pleasingly struggling really badly this season so for us to rock up at their place and take all 3pts very easily makes me very happy! Aston Villa sacked Dean Smith immediately after this match.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali (Longstaff), Gravenberch, Dembele, Almada (Ceballos), Jarrett, Moukoko*

Forget about the result - on the day before the game I received the news that Saint-Maximin got injured and will be out for 4-5 months and Lainez and Panagiotou for a few days!!!!! My right sided players must have been angry in training!!!!! We ended up winning thanks to a Moukoko hat-trick and he also missed a penalty but Almada got injured and he will be out for around a month now!

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Mitchell (Diallo), Tonali, Ceballos, Dembele (Maitland-Niles), Yusuf Demir, Lainez (Jarrett), Moukoko*

Moukoko scored all 4 of our goals here to get his 3rd hat-trick in 4 league games!!! We were cruising at 3-0 up but we let Wolves get back on level terms but Moukoko struck late on to win the match for us.

--

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final
ciry.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Ceballos (Hucko), Lainez, Gravenberch, Dembele (Maitland-Niles), Moukoko

This game was going to be hard enough to begin with but considering we were without 7 players due to injury then it became almost mission impossible.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Vanheusden*, Diallo, Mitchell, Tonali (Cook), Longstaff, Dembele (Lainez), Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou, Moukoko (Jarrett)

We went into this game with 6 players injured and 4 players not fit enough to play apparently so we are really struggling at the moment. Dembele was one of those who was unfit as was Lainez who came on for him so to win this game is a huge achievement. Moukoko has now scored in our last 7 league games and scored 14 goals in the process!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

brentford.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali (Longstaff), Gravenberch, Dembele*, Yusuf Demir (Ceballos), Panagiotou, Moukoko

We go 5pts clear at the top of the table with this convincing win. Moukoko scored another 2 goals but he was overshadowed by Ousmane Dembele who scored a fine hat-trick.

--

sheff utd.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles (Mumin), Vanheusden, Diallo, Lewis*, Tonali, Gravenberch, Dembele (Lainez), Yusuf Demir (Longstaff), Panagiotou, Moukoko

Its 9 games in a row now that Moukoko has scored in the league and his goal here is his 30th of the season!!!!

--

SUMMARY

We end 2023 in a very strong position after we won every match bar one in December. We sit 5pts clear at the top of the table and the aim now is to push on and convert our lead into a title winning season. We are the top scorers in the league and have the 2nd best defense at the minute so everything is looking good!

We did exit the Carabao Cup against Man City however as injuries mounted up which really hampered my team and the fact that ASM is out for a few months is a big blow but in the Champions League we beat Inter Milan and have been drawn against Barcelona for the 2nd year running in the knockouts.

Heading into the January transfer window I will have to sign 1 player as a departure is already arranged but whoever I sign has to be playing on these shores or be British as I have already signed 6 foreign players which is the maximum allowed in a season.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOUSSOUFA MOUKOKO
moukoko.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
DEC.png

1625391869483.png

Frank Watt
1892-1929

Frank Watt was Newcastle's first ever manager although it was an unofficial title as the team tended to be picked by committees in those days. He was in charge for 37 years and led the side to 4 league titles and 2 FA Cups.

JANUARY

FA Cup 3rd Round

plymouth.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Mumin, Hendey, Diallo, Cook (Longstaff), Ceballos, Lainez (Dembele), Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou*, Badji (Jarrett)

Two late goals see us through as my backups ease past Plymouth. I was surprised to see Maitland-Niles take the penalty but thankfully he tucked it away.

--

burnley.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Vanheusden, Godfrey (Diallo), Lewis, Tonali*, Gravenberch, Dembele, Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou (Lainez), Badji (Jarrett)

We struggled to beat 10 man Burnley here and it seems that we missed Moukoko who is out injured for a month. Dembele scored our goal however to make it 10 wins in a row in the league.

--

derby.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis (Williams), Tonali, Gravenberch (Ceballos), Dembele*, Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou, Badji (Jarrett)

Another win and another clean sheet. We scored 2 screamers here as Tonali and Dembele fired in efforts from 25 yards.

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles (Williams), Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali (Cook), Ceballos, Dembele, Panagiotou, Lainez (Jarrett), Badji

Despite the narrow scoreline we battered Leicester here and their keeper got the MOM award which goes to show that. Dembele missed a penalty late on frustratingly but thankfully it didnt prove costly.

--

WEST HAM.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles (Williams), Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali*, Ceballos, Dembele (Almada), Yusuf Demir, Lainez, Badji

We blasted West Ham away here thanks to 4 first half goals but annoyingly we took our foot off the pedal in the 2nd half as they pulled a goal back and also had 2 goals disallowed. I cant complain about a 4-1 away victory though!

--

FA Cup 4th Round
birmingham.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Mumin, Diallo, Williams (Hendey), Cook, Ceballos, Lainez*, Almada, Panagiotou, Badji

My backups got another run out here and won easily enough. Panagiotou scored twice but he was denied a hat-trick when he missed a penalty late on.

--

SUMMARY

A perfect month so I am very happy. Unfortunately for us despite winning every match so did Man Utd so we didnt extend our lead at the top of the table any further. We also progressed in the FA Cup as I fielded my backups against the 2 Championship sides that we were drawn against.

The injuries kept mounting up though with Moukoko, Aarons, ASM, Gravenberch, Almada and Badji all having injuries of various lengths.

As for the transfer window I sold Tyrick Mitchell to FC Porto for £17.25m which could rise up to £21.5m although Crystal Palace got a chunk of the transfer fee. He was always unhappy so when Porto came up with a big fee I was happy to accept.

As for his replacement I brought in Brandon Williams from Borussia Dortmund for £8.75m. He can play on either side, is very quick and still young so he should be a solid addition for the club.
williams.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SANDRO TONALI
tonali.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
jan.png

1625393824955.png

Arthur ***
1980-84

*** was the manager of the Newcastle side that won promotion to the top division with a side containing Kevin Keegan, Terry McDermott, Peter Beardsley and Chris Waddle. Alas he fell out with the board and left the club just after they won promotion.

FEBRUARY

leeds.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles (Aarons), Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis (Diallo), Tonali, Gravenberch, Dembele*, Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou, Jarrett (Ignatov)

I feel sorry for Phil Jarrett here as he got his first start for the club, had 2 goals disallowed and saw his replacement come on and get his first goal for the club!

--

city.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Graveneberch, Dembele, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Panagiotou (Lainez), Badji (Moukoko)

After 14 wins in a row in the league we fall to Man City for the 2nd time this season. In all competitions we have played them 3 times and not scored a single goal. Considering they are having a disappointing season that is just not good enough.

--

man utd.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Williams), Vanheusden, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali*, Gravenberch, Lainez, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Panagiotou, Badji (Ignatov)

GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE FINALLY BEAT MAN UTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We took an early lead through Yusuf Demir but we found ourselves level at half-time. It was a nervy 2nd half but we got the winner when Tonali thundered in an effort from outside the area with 9min to go and Valentin Ignatov scored a last minute goal to seal the victory.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
barcelona.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali (Cook), Gravenberch, Dembele (Lainez), Almada, Panagiotou, Badji (Moukoko)

What a crazy end to the game this was!!! Barcelona were the better side but we took the lead when Almada arrowed a shot into the top corner and we just needed to hold on so I was gutted to concede a stoppage time equaliser but that soon turned into rage when we somehow fell behind. Then remarkably we got a free-kick and Lainez bundled the ball home to level the scores.

--

SUMMARY

We had some huge matches this month. In the league we beat Leeds easily but then lost out to Man City which saw our lead being cut down to 2pts but then we beat Man Utd to get my first victory over them which restored our 5pt lead. I was delighted with that result and the monkey is well and truly off our back regarding Man Utd fixtures now.

To end the month we played out an entertaining and crazy 2-2 draw with Barcelona. They will be the favourites for the 2nd leg but who knows?

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YUSUF DEMIR
yusuf.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
feb.png

1625399026891.png

Chris Hughton
2009-10

Hughton was caretaker manager as the side were relegated from the Premier League but got the job full time early in the Championship season and he led his side to the title. He started the next season well and was harshly sacked despite some strong results.

--

MARCH

fulham.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Vanheusden, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Gravenberch*, Lainez (Almada), Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou, Jarrett (Moukoko)

Another win. Yusuf Demir put us in front and then Tasos Panagiotou scored twice to get his first couple of league goals for us. He has been great since he has had a run in the side and I feel as though we have developed him very well indeed.

--

FA Cup 5th Round
sheff utd.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Diallo (Mumin), Lewis, Tonali, Gravenberch, Maitland-Niles (Yusuf Demir), Almada, Panagiotou (Lainez), Jarrett (Moukoko*)

We go through but we made a meal of it as Sheffield United never had a shot on goal yet somehow we were taken into extra-time. In the end Moukoko scored twice - his first cup goals of the season - and Yusuf Demir continues his fine scoring form.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Williams), Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Gravenberch (Ceballos), Lainez, Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou, Moukoko (Jarrett)

Very disappointing. We matched Chelsea in terms of stats and general play but they were more ruthless in attack and also had a goal disallowed so we were deservedly beaten in the end.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Gravenberch, Lainez, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Panagiotou, Moukoko (Jarrett)

Back to back defeats. Arsenal had 3 shots on target and all 3 went in so I am enraged about that. Phil Jarrett scored a beautiful chipped goal for his first goal for the club but the result is a shocker given our performance.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
barcelona.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali (Cook), Gravenberch (Ceballos), Yusuf Demir, Almada, Lainez, Moukoko (Jarrett)

3 defeats in a row as we crash out of the Champions League and I cant say that I am too surprised given our run of fixtures away from home. We gave it a good go but unfortunately Barcelona get revenge on us eliminating them last season.

--

FA Cup Quarter-Final
leicester.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Gravenberch, Lainez (Maitland-Niles), Yusuf Demir (Almada), Panagiotou*, Moukoko (Badji)

A much needed win as we reach the semis. Moukoko had an early goal disallowed but he wasnt to be denied as he scored our 2nd after Gravenberch fired us ahead. Panagiotou assisted both goals here.

--

SUMMARY

Having beaten Fulham in the league and then Sheffield United in the FA Cup we then had a nightmare run of fixtures and it aint over yet! We lost to Chelsea and Arsenal away in the league as our 7pt lead is now down to just 1pt and then we lost away to Barcelona in the Champions League to see us eliminated there but thankfully we won our next fixture away to Leicester in the FA Cup to halt our bad run.

Our next match? Away to Liverpool!!!!!!

We head into the penultimate month of the season with a 1pt lead at the top of the table but it is going to be a close run thing as you would expect. With Liverpool and Spurs being our next 2 fixtures we may end up giving up top spot so the title race should go right down to the wire.

Man Utd will be our opponents in the FA Cup semis while the youth intake wasnt anything special.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TASOS PANAGIOTOU
TASOS.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
MAR.png

1625409001257.png

Willie McFaul
1985-88

McFaul was a legendary keeper for Newcastle and had 9 years as a player but his time as manager wasnt too successful although there were some high points. He was the manager that gave Paul Gascoigne his debut but his time as manager was limited by the boards ambitions.

--

APRIL

pool.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis (Williams), Tonali (Ceballos), Gravenberch, Lainez, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Panagiotou, Moukoko

Are the wheels falling off? 3 defeats in a row now in the league and we relinquish top spot to Man Utd who thankfully only drew with Spurs but they lead on goal difference. Our next game against Spurs is huge - lose and I cant see us recovering.

--

spurs.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali*, Gravenberch (Ceballos), Dembele, Yusuf Demir, Lainez (Badji), Moukoko

It was vitally important that we won this match so I am delighted that we did so but having been 3-0 up it should have been much more comfortable. Dembele had a late goal disallowed but overall I am just happy that we got back to winning ways.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Williams (Diallo), Tonali, Gravenberch (Ceballos), Dembele, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Panagiotou, Moukoko*

Moukoko was on fire here as he scored a hat-trick and also had a goal disallowed before his goals that counted. Zinho Vanheusden scored his first goal for the club here.

--

everton.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Gravenberch (Ceballos), Dembele (Maitland-Niles), Yusuf Demir (Almada), Lainez, Moukoko*

We fought back from behind to win this game as my former striker Callum Wilson put Everton ahead however his replacement, Youssoufa Moukoko, had the last laugh as he struck twice.

--

FA Cup Semi-Final
man utd.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden*, Diallo, Williams, Tonali (Ceballos), Gravenberch, Dembele, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Panagiotou (Lainez), Moukoko

WE BEAT MAN UTD AGAIN!!!!!

Having not beaten them for 3 seasons we get back to back victories over them here to reach the FA Cup final and it was fully deserved as we were the strongest side throughout the 90min. Moukoko had a goal disallowed before he put us ahead and when Dembele scored a 2nd we were looking comfortable. They pulled a goal back late on but we saw the game out.

--

villa.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Vanheusden*, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Gravenberch (Ceballos), Dembele (Lainez), Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou, Moukoko

Apparently this makes it 50 league games unbeaten at home! Moukoko put us ahead from the penalty spot but it was Zinho Vanheusden who stole the show with 2 goals including an effort curled in from 20 yards.

--

SUMMARY

We are on the brink of winning the title!!!!!!!

Despite losing to Liverpool 4-2 we went on to win our next 4 league matches and that combined with a slump in form for Man Utd means we are within touching distance of winning the title. If they win all their games we just need 4pts and with a kind fixture list to come I am extremely confident.

We also dumped Man Utd out of the FA Cup semis by beating them 2-1 and we will play Liverpool in the final.

Can we do it??????

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOUSSOUFA MOUKOKO
MOUKOKO.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
APR.png

1625501351248.png

MAY

soton.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Diallo, Lewis, Tonali, Gravenberch, Lainez, Yusuf Demir (Almada), Panagiotou* (Saint-Maximin), Moukoko

Nearly there!!!!

We win here so we only need another win to win the title but Man Utd have to win their games in hand also! Moukoko put us ahead, they drew level but Yusuf Demir struck just before half-time and that was enough for us to win the match. Allan Saint-Maximin finally made his return from injury here.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden (Godfrey), Diallo, Lewis, Tonali (Cook), Gravenberch, Lainez, Almada, Panagiotou (Saint-Maximin), Moukoko*

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!

We were crowned champions before kick-off as Man Utd lost but we still had a job to do and Moukoko scored twice to make it 7 games in a row that he has scored in in the league and he has scored 12 goals in that spell and he has also struck first in all 7 games for us!

--

brentford.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Mumin, Diallo, Williams, Cook (Longstaff), Ceballos (Hucko), Lainez, Almada, Panagiotou, Badji (Jarrett)

Meh. With the title already won and the FA Cup final upcoming I decided to play my backups here but we lost to Brentford who amazingly qualify for Europe.

--

FA Cup Final
final.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Gravenberch (Ceballos), Lainez (Almada), Yusuf Demir, Saint-Maximin (Panagiotou), Moukoko*

Meh. The league and cup double was not meant to be! We played out a classic final with Liverpool but they were well worth the win as they were 4-1 up and had a goal disallowed and all over us but we pulled 2 goals back late on to make the scoreline more respectable.

--

SUMMARY

I have mixed feelings about this month. On one hand we sealed the title and ended up winning the league by 5pts but on the other hand we lost to Liverpool in the FA Cup final so that meant that the season ended on a low.

Youssoufa Moukoko certainly ended the season on fire as he just cant stop scoring and he is attracting interest from Chelsea, Man City, Real Madrid and Barcelona!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOUSSOUFA MOUKOKO
ym.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
TABL.png

1625549547498.png

END OF SEASON POST

This was a momentous season as we won our first Premier League title. Sure the cup competitions didnt go exactly to plan but for us with such a young side that was hampered by injuries to win the title in the end by 5pts is pretty special.

We got our noses in front and won 14 games in a row but remarkably Man Utd were still keeping touch with us and when results started to slip our 7pt lead was cut down to 1 but we then rattled off another 6 wins in a row, including our first win over United to take the title and we could even afford to lose the last game of the season!!! The goals from Moukoko was the key as despite missing 7 games and coming off the bench twice he still banged in 42 league goals!!!!

We won the Community Shield on penalties after fighting back from 2-0 down against Liverpool but they beat us 4-3 in the FA Cup final and Man City dumped us out of the Carabao Cup at the quarter-final stage. In the Champions League we finished runners-up in our group which led us into a tie against Barcelona and they knocked us out 4-3 on aggregate to gain revenge on our victory against them at the same stage the year before.

My young side, naturally, is still improving and it just needs tweaking. With the likes of Yusuf Demir, Moukoko, Gravenberch, Panagiotou, Tonali, Vanheusden etc we really do have a core group of players to build a side around and create a dynasty here.

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
TABL.png

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD
squad.png
squad2.png

Goalkeepers - Aaron Ramsdale played in all of our 56 fixtures this season so Freddie Woodman didnt get a look in unfortunately. He did well though and our defensive record improved considerably this year which was another big pointer to how we managed to win the title.

Defenders
- I bought 2 new CBs in the summer in the shape of Ben Godfrey and Zinho Vanheusden and they formed a great partnership together. It was a tad harsh on Diallo and Mumin who were relegated to backup roles but our defensive play improved so I feel vindicated in making that move. Vanheusden impressed me the most tbh and he is still improving.

Max Aarons was my RB but he disappointed me a little and he did suffer for a spell with injuries but Maitland-Niles was an adequate backup while on the left Jamal Lewis continues to hold onto his place and fought off the challenges of firstly Tyrick Mitchell and secondly Brandon Williams.

Midfielders
- I broke the clubs transfer record to pay £85m for Ryan Gravenberch and the young Dutchman had a fine first season with us. I would have preferred more goals from him tbh but it was his more defensive minded partner, Sandro Tonali, who surprised us all by getting into double figures. Those 2 seem to be a perfect midfield partnership for me. Dani Ceballos drifted out as a backup while Lewis Cook and Sean Longstaff found opportunities hard to come by.

At AMC Yusuf Demir had a decent season but I still think that he can do more and Almada covered for him while on the RW Dembele was the main man although Diego Lainez got plenty of opportunities also but he cant find his goalscoring form that he showed when he arrived at the club. The intriguing story of the season however was the emergence of Tasos Panagiotou!! He barely featured in the first few months as Allan Saint-Maximin had the jersey but when he broke his leg I chucked the young Englishman in and he was absolutely superb and got an astonishing 19 assists!!!!

Forwards - It was all about Youssoufa Moukoko. The teenage striker scored 48 goals in all competitions and naturally picked up all the goalscoring awards and some other individual honours. With him in my team goals are always guaranteed and if we can get some more regularly from midfield I think that will be when we can really compete for the Champions League.

Badji had a decent season as backup while even young Phil Jarrett got some opportunities as did Valentin Ignatov.

My Player of the Season - Youssoufa Moukoko
My Young Player of the Season - Tasos Panagiotou
Must Improve - Max Aarons
Donkey of the Season - Sean Longstaff

--

SUMMER PLANS

I have arranged 1 deal already but that is for a player that I dont really need lol! If a truly world class player becomes available then I may make some moves or if any of my long term targets are open to signing too but otherwise I would expect to see a trimming of some players and basically just playing it by ear!​

1625587913703.png

PRE-SEASON POST

So I had the best intentions in this window. Not much changes, just keep things ticking over.

Didnt quite work out like that!!!!

To be fair at the time of writing (on the day of the Community Shield) I have only signed 4 players for the first team but so, so many have gone although most were squad fillers or U23s.

Other than the transfer moves there isnt a lot to say so I had better explain myself!

--

PLAYERS OUT

My previous CB partnership pairing of Abdul Mumin (89 apps, 8 goals) and Abdou Diallo (150 apps, 10 goals) were the first to be moved on and both relatively cheaply as Mumin joined Sheffield United for £35m and Diallo to Chelsea for a ridiculously cheap £21.5m. I still made a profit of nearly £40m on them in total and they served me well for a couple of seasons but I felt that they were on too big a wage for sitting on the bench or playing in the reserves.

My next 2 departures came out of the blue! Man Utd offered me £69m plus £32m in future fees for Ousmane Dembele. Now I was happy to keep Ousmane but I had my eye on someone else so I let him go but the only thing is I couldnt sign the player that I wanted to replace him!!! In 2 seasons he made 71 apps and scored 19 goals and considering I got him on a free it was a great move for us.

Lewis Cook also left. Arsenal bid £37m rising up to £47.5m so I felt that he had to go as he barely played last season and that meant we made a massive profit on him.

The rest were mainly U23 players although Jamaal Lascelles (100 apps, 2 goals) joined Leicester for £11m the others were Nico Williams back to Athletic Bilbao (£13.5m) and Octavian Popescu to Eintracht Frankfurt (£8.25m).

I loaned out a load of players including Thiago Almada to West Ham and several other prospects and there should be one more at least to go.

Why loan out Almada? You will soon see!

--

PLAYERS IN

So I went out and broke the clubs record transfer fee again and not for the first time it was on a player I didnt really need him. I had eyed up Jadon Sancho as the replacement for Dembele and bid £101m to meet his release clause but he wasnt interested however his teammate Jude Bellingham was so I paid £100m to bring the 21y/o back to England. He is a world class player but I was happy with Tonali and Gravenberch so god knows what I will do now!!!!
bellingham.png

Now for the reason why I loaned out Almada. I had actually tried to sell him but there were no takers so a loan deal was all that I could get. Anywho the reason I had to move him on was the fact that I signed Phil Foden from Man City for £66m!!!! The 24y/o was on the transfer list so I had to make my move for him and considering he can play CM, AMC or on the wings means he will be a very valuable player for us.
foden.png

Next up is a Mexican wonderkid I brought in to replace one of my outgoing CBs. Luis Daniel Escarega joined us from America for £17.25m and he can play either RB or CB but I will not be playing him on the right as I have 2,000 other options there. He is only 19 so will improve in the future so lets see how he does!
escarega.png

Now for the deal that I had arranged already that I didnt need - another RB!!!! Upon Brightons relegation from the Premier League they transfer listed Tariq Lamptey and he was available for just £14m so I swooped. Now with Aarons, Maitland-Niles and Williams in my squad I didnt really need him but it was a bargain fee and I couldnt turn it down.
lamptey.png

My only other signing was Tommy Doyle from Man City for £700,000 but that was a signing for my reserve side as I know how good he can be from my Red Star Belgrade save.

--

PLAYER PROMOTED

James Hendey, a signing from Crewe 2 seasons back is now in the first team squad as a backup CB. He looks decent enough but has to take his chance if and when it is given to him!
HENDEY.png

Michael Olise has returned from his loan spell at Feyenoord and is also back in the fold.

--

SQUAD/AIMS FOR SEASON

Regarding my first team squad my defence and striker is sorted but the rest is all up in the air. Who plays RW? ASM, Yusuf Demir, Foden, and Lainez can all play there while on the other side if you swap Yusuf Demir in that list for Panagiotou that is my available players there! AMC? Foden, Yusuf Demir, Gravenberch, Olise and Bellingham are all options and at CM I have those 3 bar Yusuf Demir plus Tonali and Ceballos!!!!! I dont have a ****** clue!!!!

As for season aims I would like to hold onto the league title and maybe do a bit better in the Champions League.

1625670706355.png

Jimmy Lawrence
1904-22
Goalkeeper
496 apps, 0 goals

Newcastle's record appearance holder and oldest ever player, Lawrence played for the club over a space of 18 seasons and won 3 league titles and 1 FA Cup. He also earned 1 cap for Scotland.

AUGUST

FA Community Shield
liverpool.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Bellingham (Maitland-Niles), Yusuf Demir (Lainez), Foden (Olise), Saint-Maximin (Panagiotou), Moukoko* (Badji)

Now then - this is a good start to the season! We win the curtain raiser and gain swift revenge for our FA Cup final defeat and my scorers were exactly the same as on that day. Bellingham had a good debut but Foden was disappointing. My team pick was made easier because Gravenberch was unavailable.

--

leeds.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Bellingham, Yusuf Demir (Lainez), Foden (Olise), Saint-Maximin*, Moukoko

An easy first game of the season with ASM on fire and Moukoko scoring another 2 while Bellingham got his first goal for us. Very pleasing.

--

brentford.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham, Yusuf Demir (Lainez), Foden, Saint-Maximin, Moukoko*

Our start to the season just keeps on getting better and better as we hit Brentford for 6 here with Moukoko scoring a hat-trick. Foden got his 1st goal for the club with a fine effort from 25 yards also.

--

spurs.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch, Bellingham*, Yusuf Demir (Lainez), Foden, Saint-Maximin (Panagiotou), Moukoko

Another convincing victory, another goal for Moukoko and another clean sheet! We also had Yusuf Demir and Saint-Maximin taken off injured but I am not too worried about that as we are well stocked in those areas!

--

everton.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Escarega (Hendey), Godfrey, Williams*, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham, Lainez, Foden, Panagiotou, Moukoko (Badji)

We were rocked before the match with injury news as Zinho Vanheusden will miss the rest of the season so I now have to find myself a CB!!!!

Anywho we slaughtered Everton here despite being behind at half-time. Lainez levelled (he had 1 disallowed in the 1st half), Foden struck moments later, Badji came off the bench to score twice and then miss a penalty for his hat-trick and Bellingham also chipped in!

Off to buy a CB I go lol.

--

SUMMARY

This month was all good on the field and quite troubling off it due to injuries!

Results wise it couldnt have gone much better. Liverpool were swept aside in the Community Shield and then we went on to win our 4 league games with an aggregate socre of 18-1!!!!! Moukoko is banging in the goals, Bellingham has been immense while Lainez, Foden and Saint-Maximin have been impressing too in fact the only player who seems to be struggling is Gravenberch.

The bad news was our injury problems. Several attacking players have picked up injuries but that is manageable however the season ending injury for Zinho Vanheusden really was a shocker, so much so that I had to go out and buy a new CB. So in came Teun Koopmeiners from PSG for £50m which was pretty much all I had left!!!! He is best used as a CM tbh but his passing ability will be ideal for my team at the back and he is a set-piece specialist too!
KOOPMEINERS.png

Outgoing was several U23 players on loan but Dani Ceballos has gone to Norwich on loan for the season.

In the Champions League we have been given a favourable group alongside Bayern Munich, Celtic and Club Brugge.
1625672466328.png
1625672497036.png
1625672514953.png
1625672539249.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JUDE BELLINGHAM
bellingham.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
AUG.png

1625672703664.png

Frank Hudspeth
1910-29
Defender
472 apps, 37 goals

Once capped by England, Hudspeth was a left back who captained the club for 3 seasons and he won 1 league title and 1 FA Cup. He spent his entire career at the club.

--

SEPTEMBER

wba.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners, Godfrey, Lamptey, Gravenberch (Maitland-Niles), Bellingham, Lainez (Saint-Maximin), Foden, Panagiotou*, Badji (Jarrett)

We left it late here as we scored 3 goals in the last 8 minutes to win it. We had an early goal from Badji disallowed so when we went a goal down and the scoreline remained the same with 8min to go I thought it was game over but we somehow smashed 3 goals in in 4min!!!! Koopmeiners and Lamptey made their debuts here.

--

UEFA Champions League Group H
celtic.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Lamptey (Pontillo), Escarega, Hendey (Koopmeiners), Williams, Tonali, Maitland-Niles (Foden), Lainez, Olise, Panagiotou, Badji*

I took a risk and went with my backups here and they came through for me but my injury worries continue as Lamptey went off injured and will be out for a month.

--

man utd.png

Lineup - Ramsdale*, Aarons (Maitland-Niles)z, Koopmeiners, Godfrey, Williams, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin (Yusuf Demir), Foden, Panagiotou (Lainez), Badji

The complete performance!!!!!!!!!

I am ecstatic over this result and performance as we wiped the floor with Man Utd at Old Trafford. They played decent enough and the fact that Ramsdale got the MOM award shows that we were under pressure but it wasnt a counter attacking performance by any means as we smashed in 3 goals thanks to Badji, Panagiotou and Lainez.

We look unstoppable at the moment.

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
west ham.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners, Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham (Maitland-Niles), Saint-Maximin, Foden*, Panagiotou (Lainez), Badji

The wins keep on coming as we dispose of West Ham out of the Carabao Cup. Phil Foden excelled and ASM literally chipped in with a goal and the fact that my former player, Blanco, scored against us couldnt dampen our spirits.

--

bournemouth.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners, Godfrey, Lewis (Maitland-Niles), Gravenberch, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin*, Foden, Panagiotou (Lainez), Badji (Jarrett)

It keeps on getting better!!! Seventh heaven as Bournemouth were humiliated and we were 6-0 up at half-time so I was a tad disappointed that we only added one more goal. Gravenberch has been struggling so I changed him from an attacking playmaker to a deep lying playmaker role and he responded with 1 goal and 2 assists!

--

SUMMARY

The superlatives keep on coming for our side and it is getting to the stage where the team picks itself as in my attacking midfield areas they are really shining by scoring goals and getting assists so some supposed first picks are having to take a back seat! Our form has been so good that after 7 league games our goal difference is ABOVE 4 goals a game and we have conceded a couple to boot!

It begs the question - how good will we be when we get Moukoko back?????

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PHIL FODEN
foden.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE

sep.png