"Oh me lads, you should've seen us gannin'" - Newcastle United - Making The Supporters Happy Again!

1625682542474.png

Frank Clark
1962-75
Defender
464 apps, 2 goals

Clark was a left back who was part of the 1969 UEFA Fairs Cup winning side. He was unceremoniously dumped by the club on a free transfer and he went on to join Nottingham Forest under Brian Clough where he won the European Cup amongst other trophies.

--

OCTOBER

UEFA Champions League Group H
brugge.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Escarega, Hendey, Williams (Lewis), Tonali, Longstaff (Koopmeiners), Lainez (Olise), Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou, Badji*

We fell behind but quickly levelled and then Badji struck twice in the 2nd half to give us another win. Always nice to see my backups get a run out and get a win against decent competition.

--

sheff utd.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners, Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin, Foden (Yusuf Demir), Panagiotou (Lainez), Badji*

Sure we won but it wasnt as comfortable as the scoreline suggests as they missed several chances to draw level.

--

villa.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners, Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin*, Foden (Yusuf Demir), Panagiotou (Lainez), Moukoko (Badji)

Another handsome victory and the goals got shared out again. We are truly playing some amazing football at the minute and look unbeatable. Bayern Munich up next though so that will be a test.

--

bayern.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners, Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham (Yusuf Demir), Saint-Maximin*, Foden, Panagiotou, Moukoko (Badji)

If Bayern were the barometer to how good we are then this shows that we are up there amongst the best! Bayern played well enough but not for the first time we kept our opposition out and going forward we take some stopping! Yusuf Demir scored a world class solo goal as he took the ball from inside our own half to score.

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners, Godfrey (Escarega), Lewis, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin, Foden (Yusuf Demir), Panagiotou, Moukoko*

Another 5 goals here. Moukoko scored a hat-trick while ASM struck twice as those 2 continue to terrorise opposition defences.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
2-2.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners, Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham, Saint-Maximin, Foden, Panagiotou (Lainez), Moukoko (Badji)

What a comeback!!!! We made 2 defensive errors to find ourselves 2-0 down and looked like heading out but we somehow struck twice in the final 10min to take the game into penalties and that was a farce as they missed 3 and we missed 2!

--

SUMMARY

Our amazing run continues. Everything has clicked into place. There are not enough superlatives to describe how good we are at the moment. Everyone is playing magnificently and just look at Saint-Maximin's stats below for the last 5 games - 6 goals and 5 assists! I could go on.

It seems as though we have jumped up not just one level but maybe 2 or 3 but I may be proved wrong as we have Arsenal and Liverpool back to back in the league next month!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALLAN SAINT-MAXIMIN
asm.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
OCT.png

1625760971819.png

Shay Given
1997-2009
Goalkeeper
462 apps, 0 goals

Signed from Blackburn for £1.5m, Given went on to become one of Newcastle's best ever keepers despite his short frame. He never won any trophies at the club unfortunately in his 12 years with the club but had some magical moments all the same before he was sold to Man City for £6m. He was capped 134 times for the Republic of Ireland.

--

NOVEMBER

burnley.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners (Escarega), Godfrey, Lewis (Maitland-Niles), Gravenberch*, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou, Moukoko

We werent our using swashbuckling best here but we did enough to get the 3pts thanks to a double from Moukoko who lest we forget is still a teenager!

--

fcb.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners, Godfrey, Williams, Tonali (Longstaff), Foden*, Saint-Maximin (Olise), Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou (Lainez), Moukoko

To beat Bayern at home is one thing but to turn up in Munich and wipe the floor with them with a weakened side is completely different. We were superb and fully deserved our emphatic victory with Phil Foden pulling all the strings as he assisted all 3 goals. This win secures our qualification into the next round.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Lamptey, Koopmeiners, Godfrey, Aarons, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Yusuf Demir (Tonali), Panagiotou (Foden), Moukoko

Our 100% start to the season ends in devastating fashion as we concede an injury time goal to lose. We deserved a draw even though we didnt play well. A lesson to be learned for sure.

--

liverpool.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons (Hendey), Escarega, Godfrey, Lewis (Maitland-Niles), Gravenberch, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin (Yusuf Demir), Foden, Lainez, Moukoko*

We needed to bounce back here and we did just that with a great win over Liverpool. Moukoko scored twice and Yusuf Demir also netted while Moukoko and Lainez also had goals disallowed!!!

Injuries are piling up again. Koopmeiners is out for a couple of months while ASM went off here to join Longstaff, Panagiotou and Jarrett that are on the injury list.

--

celtic.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Lamptey, Escarega, Hendey, Williams, Tonali, Maitland-Niles (Foden), Olise, Yusuf Demir, Lainez*, Badji

Out came my backups as my first teamers need a rest and we duly beat Celtic comfortably. Badji put us ahead in the 1st minute (he loves this competition) and then Diego Lainez stepped up to score a hat-trick.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Escarega, Godfrey, Lewis (Lamptey), Gravenberch, Bellingham, Yusuf Demir, Foden, Lainez*, Moukoko

Diego Lainez is enjoying his time in the limelight as he scored another 2 goals here to add to the hat-trick he scored in our previous fixture. Moukoko scored his customary goal but nothing new there.

--

SUMMARY

We suffered our first defeat of the season this month as an injury time goal saw us lose against Arsenal but we quickly forgot about that as we went out and beat Liverpool 3-1 in our very next match. We also beat Bayern Munich and Celtic in the Champions League very comfortably and everything is still going great. We have won our Champions League group and have an 8pt lead at the top of the domestic table so it is a matter of keeping on going!

Injuries are mounting up however and the Koopmeiners injury is a huge blow especially since I have no money to sign a short term replacement when January comes!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOUSSOUFA MOUKOKO
moukoko.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
nov.png

1625769210061.png

Alf McMichael
1949-62
Defender
433 apps, 1 goal

McMichael joined from Linfield and the left back spent 13 years with the club and he won 1 FA Cup at this time at St.James' Park although he did miss one victorious final due to injury. He was capped 40 times by Northern Ireland.

--

DECEMBER

man city.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Escarcega, Godfrey, Lewis (Lamptey), Tonali, Bellingham (Longstaff), Yusuf Demir, Foden, Lainez (Olise), Moukoko

Our 2nd defeat of the season and once again it was due to a goal scored in injury time and while naturally I am gutted we really didnt deserve anything from the match as we played poorly and Man City had 2 disallowed goals also.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Escarcega, Hendey, Lewis (Williams), Gravenberch, Longstaff (Maitland-Niles), Olise, Foden, Lainez (Badji), Moukoko

Back to back defeats and the first time that we fail to score this season although Olise did have a goal disallowed however we went into this game with 9 players injured or unfit and we actually deserved a draw.

--

club.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Lamptey, Escarcega, Hendey, Williams, Tonali, Longstaff, Maitland-Niles, Olise, Lainez (Jarrett), Badji

Meh. Another run out of the backups and while we should have won at least we didnt get beat.
group.png

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Escarcega, Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch, Bellingham*, Moukoko, Foden, Lainez (Saint-Maximin), Badji (Jarrett)

Back to winning ways thankfully although it wasnt one of our best performances but after 3 games without a win I am just delighted that we won!

--

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final
everton.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Escarcega, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Bellingham (Longstaff), Saint-Maximin, Foden (Olise), Lainez (Panagiotou), Badji*

I am not happy with this result. Sure when a match goes to penalties it is always going to be a lottery but we shouldnt have been taken to penalties in the first place as we are far better than Everton - we just didnt play like it!

What makes it worse is that Leeds, Brentford and Southampton are the other 3 teams to make it to the semis so you would think that we would have won this competition!

--

norwich.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Escarcega, Godfrey (Hendey), Lewis, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham*, Saint-Maximin, Foden (Olise), Lainez, Moukoko

A standard victory. We were always in control but it seems as though we have got into the habit of letting our opposition nick a goal which is a tad annoying.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Escarcega (Hendey), Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch, Tonali, Saint-Maximin (Yusuf Demir), Foden, Lainez (Panagiotou), Moukoko*

Our first draw in the league this season and I have no complaints as we never really looked like winning plus they had a goal disallowed. We are struggling at the minute it has to be said.

--

leeds.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Lamptey), Escarcega, Hendey*, Lewis (Williams), Tonali, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin, Yusuf Demir, Lainez (Panagiotou), Badji

More dropped points. This awful run has to end soon. Only 2 wins in 6 now in the league and our 8pt lead has turned into a 1pt deficit! We were missing 6 first choice players here I suppose.

--

SUMMARY

Probably the worst month we have had. In 8 fixtures we only won 2 and our once commanding lead has been evaporated as we are now in 2nd place - 1pt behind Chelsea. In the league we lost to Chelsea and Man City on the spin then won 2 on the bounce before drawing 2 and while 6 of our 8 fixtures were away from home I still expect better! My next 2 fixtures are away too!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason for the slump is the fitness of my players. So many need a rest but if I give them the rest they need they will be out for 2-3 games given the fixture schedule and add that to the actual injuries that we have then it really is an impossible situation. We just have to hope that we get some players back sharpish.

I cant even buy anyone in January as I have no transfer budget left.

The lowest point of the month was our exit in the Carabao Cup to Everton on penalties as I felt that that cup had our name on it while in the Champions League we won our group but still managed to avoid the weaker sides and have been paired against Real Madrid in the next round.

It really was the month from ****!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JUDE BELLINGHAM
bellingham.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
DEC.png

1625843454582.png

Bill McCracken
1904-24
Defender
432 apps, 8 goals

Signed as a 21y/o from Northern Irish side Distillery, McCracken spent 20 years at the club and won 3 league titles and 1 FA Cup. For Ireland as it was back then he was capped 16 times, scoring once. While playing at Newcastle McCracken organised a defensive tactic that was so successful that the offside rule had to change!!!!

--

JANUARY

spurs.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Escarcega, Godfrey, Lewis (Maitland-Niles), Tonali (Yusuf Demir), Gravenberch, Saint-Maximin, Foden, Lainez, Moukoko (Badji*)

Our 3rd draw in a row but this one feels like a victory as we scored 2 goals in the final 6min to salvage a point. Only 2 wins in 7 in the league and in 9 in all competitions. Pathetic how we have dropped off so badly.

--

FA Cup 3rd Round
0-0.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale*, Aarons, Escarcega, Hendey, Lewis, Tonali, Longstaff, Saint-Maximin (Maitland-Niles), Olise, Lainez (Panagiotou), Yusuf Demir (Badji)

Its getting worse. Before the match I decided to give 6 players a week long rest which was a risk and thankfully we arent out of the cup after this dismal performance. How Burnley didnt win is beyond me. 2 wins in 10..............

--

brentford.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Escarcega, Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch, Bellingham (Tonali), Saint-Maximin*, Foden, Lainez (Panagiotou), Moukoko (Yusuf Demir)

Finally we got back to winning ways here but I am pretty sure we would not have won had they not had 2 men sent-off!!!! Allan Saint-Maximin was on fire as he assisted all 3 goals while Foden went off injured and will be out for the rest of the month.

--

FA Cup 3rd Round Replay
3-0.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons (Williams), Escarcega, Godfrey (Hendey), Lewis, Gravenberch, Bellingham*, Saint-Maximin (Jarrett), Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou, Moukoko

For the first time in ages we put in a complete performance as we take over 30 shots on goal and Burnley didnt have any. Hopefully the confidence gained thanks to our two victories coupled with me resting a few players will pay dividends.

--

wba.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Escarcega, Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham (Olise), Saint-Maximin, Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou (Lainez), Moukoko*

It seems that our opponents want to help us out by having a player or two sent-off against us. WBA were especially generous as they did it early doors which allowed us to wipe the floor with them. Yusuf Demir scored from 27 yards and then Moukoko fired in 4.

--

man utd.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Escarcega, Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Lainez*, Yusuf Demir (Olise), Panagiotou, Moukoko

WE ARE BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

What a win. What a result. What a performance. We were outstanding here and fully deserved our handsome victory as we crushed Man Utd. I was even pleased that we conceded the goal as if Ousmane Dembele scores a certain amount of league goals we will get another £10m!!!!

--

FA Cup 4th Round
watford.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles (Pontillo), Escarcega, Hendey, Lewis, Tonali*, Longstaff, Lainez, Olise, Panagiotou, Jarrett (Yusuf Demir)

Watford are in the Championship so I played mostly a backup side. Tonali and Olise got the goals and they both could have had doubles as Tonali had one chalked off for offside and Olise missed a penalty.

--

SUMMARY

Despite a rocky start we had a good month. We somehow salvaged a draw against Spurs in the league having been 2-0 down with 6min left but we then went on to easily win our next 3 matches to find ourselves back on top of the table by a couple of points. In the FA Cup we knocked out Burnley after a replay before we beat Watford so everything is looking good again!

Undoubtedly the highlight of the month was our 4-1 home victory over Man Utd which was a great day for us as we thrashed them. Until the end of last season we hadnt beaten them but we have done so now in our last 4 occasions!

At the end of year awards Youssoufa Moukoko won absolutely everything from the Ballon D'or to the European Golden Boy to the FIFA Mens Best Player. We certainly have the best player in the world at the moment and considering he is only 20y/o I would like to think that he can go on to be the best ever!

There is a bit of transfer news as Tariq Lamptey has left the club to join Man City for £26m which is a £12m profit. The transfer just didnt work out for us and he was unhappy at the club so since I had plenty of RBs and the fact that he was unhappy meant I was happy to cash in on him.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOUSSOUFA MOUKOKO
ym.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
jan.png

1625855477376.png

Bobby Mitchell
1949-61
Forward
412 apps, 113 goals

Signed from Third Lanark for £16,000 Bobby Mitchell was a left winger who played for the club over 12 seasons until his late 30s. He went on to win 3 FA Cups with the club but was only capped twice by Scotland although he did score on his debut. After leaving the club he had a couple of seasons with Berwick Rangers.

--

FEBRUARY

everton.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons*, Escarcega (Koopmeiners), Godfrey, Lewis (Maitland-Niles), Gravenberch, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin, Yusuf Demir (Olise), Panagiotou, Moukoko

We get revenge for our defeat in the Carabao Cup as Moukoko's 30th goal of the season was enough to beat them. Koopmeiners came off the bench to make his return from injury which is a huge boost.

--

bmth.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners, Godfrey, Lewis (Maitland-Niles), Gravenberch, Bellingham (Tonali), Saint-Maximin, Yusuf Demir (Foden), Panagiotou*, Moukoko

Bournemouth are bottom of the league so it was no surprise that we came out on top here. We have now won our last 5 league games to go clear at the top of the league again.

--

villa.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners, Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin*, Yusuf Demir (Foden), Panagiotou (Lainez), Moukoko (Badji)

Disappointing. On one hand we played well enough to win as they offered very little but on the other hand they had a goal disallowed. Still work to do it seems.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
madrid.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners (Escarcega), Godfrey, Lewis (Williams), Gravenberch, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin, Foden (Yusuf Demir), Panagiotou, Moukoko

Fantastic. We fought back from 2-0 down to get a fantastic 2-2 draw and the away goals could really be key. Saint-Maximin pulled one back and then admittedly we got a dodgy penalty but Moukoko tucked it away to give us the slenderest of advantages heading into the 2nd leg.

--

SUMMARY

All 4 of our games this month were away from home which was tough going but we emerged from it unbeaten although every match was a close call. We beat Everton and Bournemouth in the league as you would expect considering they are in the bottom 3 but then we drew with Villa. We top the table by 1pt and just have to make sure we stay there!

Our 2nd last game of the season is Chelsea at home so it could be some end of the season!

In the Champions League we got a good result away to Real Madrid as we fought back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2. The away goals could prove to be crucial but the tie is still on a knife edge.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOUSSOUFA MOUKOKO
moukoko.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
feb.png

1625901569889.png

David Craig
1962-78
Defender
412 apps, 12 goals

Craig was part of the side that won the Fairs Cup in 1969 and the right back spent his entire career with Newcastle. He was capped 25 times by Northern Ireland.

--

MARCH

sheff.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Koopmeiners (Escarcega), Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Yusuf Demir, Foden, Panagiotou, Moukoko*

My former defender, Abdul Mumin, helped us out greatly here by having a bit of a nightmare and gifting us a penalty. Sheffield United actually played quite well and created a few chances but we were always in control. Sheffield United sacked their manager after this match.

--

FA Cup 5th Round
brighton.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles (Pontillo), Escarcega, Hendey, Williams, Tonali, Koopmeiners (Longstaff), Yusuf Demir*, Olise, Lainez, Badji (Jarrett)

Brighton are a Championship side so I took the opportunity to rest my first choice players and thankfully everything worked out for us as Yusuf Demir scored a fabulous hat-trick to see us through.

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners, Godfrey, Lewis (Maitland-Niles), Gravenberch, Bellingham, Yusuf Demir, Foden*, Panagiotou, Moukoko

A very good victory and performance. Foden hadnt scored in ages but he struck twice here while Koopmeiners got his first goal direct from a free-kick.

--

burnley.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Escarcega), Koopmeiners, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin, Foden*, Panagiotou, Moukoko (Badji)

We trounce Burnley here. ASM scored 2, Panagiotou scored a wonder goal with a volley, Foden converted a penalty after having a goal disallowed, Koopmeiners struck with a free-kick for the 2nd game in a row and Badji came off the bench to head in the 6th!

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
4-2.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners, Godfrey, Lewis (Maitland-Niles), Gravenberch*, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin (Yusuf Demir), Foden (Tonali), Panagiotou, Moukoko (Badji)

WHAT A THRILLING MATCH THIS WAS!!!!

We were the better side throughout but Real Madrid made us work so hard for this. They took the lead after a defensive mistake but Godfrey headed us level before half-time. We looked to be going through on away goals but then they took the lead with 6min left and we were heading out until Gravenberch powered one in from 22 yards to send the game into extra-time.

The man who loves this competition more than any other, Badji, put us ahead and then Gravenberch scored from outside of the area again to see us through 6-4 on aggregate!

--

FA Cup Quarter-Final
man utd.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons (Williams), Koopmeiners, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Bellingham (Maitland-Niles), Yusuf Demir, Foden (Olise), Panagiotou (Lainez), Moukoko

I am livid with this result as we crash out of the FA Cup.

To be 2-0 up and 3-1 up but still lose is just not acceptable and while the fact that this game came days after our match against Real Madrid which also went into extra-time may be a reason for our collapse I expect much better game management from my players than they showed here.

--

SUMMARY

Up until the final few minutes of the 90 in our match against Man Utd this was looking like a perfect month but we conceded a goal and went out of the FA Cup in extra-time which really ****** me off!!

Before that collapse we were excellent. Sheffield United, Leicester and Burnley were easily beaten in the league, Brighton were beaten in the cup and we put 4 past Real Madrid to progress in the Champions League!!!

Heading into the penultimate month of the season we are 1pt clear at the top still but with Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea to play we are going to have to put in some top performances if we are to retain the title while in the Champions League we will play Juventus.

The youth intake was ok. Plenty of players signed but nobody to shout to the rooftops about.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PHIL FODEN
foden.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
MAR.png

1625914366317.png

Alan Shearer
1996-2006
Forward
405 apps, 206 goals

Signed from Blackburn Rovers for a then world record £15m, Shearer played for his boyhood club over 10 years and became the clubs record goalscorer. He is the record goalscorer in the Premier League and he earned 63 caps for England, scoring 30 goals. Fittingly his last ever kick of a football was to score a penalty against Sunderland.

--

APRIL

wolves.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners (Vanheusden), Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Foden*, Panagiotou, Moukoko (Badji)

If we keep on winning we cant get caught! lol. ASM got injured here unfortunately and will be out for around a month but Zinho Vanheusden finally made his return from injury here. Chelsea drew so our lead at the top is now up to 3pts.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
juventus.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners (Vanheusden), Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch, Bellingham*, Yusuf Demir, Foden (Lainez), Panagiotou (Badji), Moukoko

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

What a result! We were on fire here and blew Juventus away with 4 first half goals. They actually didnt play too badly but we were ruthless in front of goal and surely we will see the tie through and reach the semis.

--

man city.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners, Godfrey (Vanheusden), Lewis, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Yusuf Demir, Foden (Tonali), Panagiotou (Lainez), Moukoko*

We take a giant step towards retaining the title here as our thrashing of Man City moves us 7pts clear of them and with Chelsea losing to Man Utd we are 6pts clear at the summit. Moukoko scored a hat-trick here to take him past the 40 goal mark for the season and Gravenberch also popped up with a goal.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
0-2.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles (Pontillo), Escarcega, Vanheusden, Williams, Tonali, Koopmeiners (Longstaff), Yusuf Demir, Olise, Lainez, Badji (Jarrett)

I took a huge and somewhat foolish risk here as I rested my first XI as with 5 away games coming up I felt it best to give my big hitters a break. We nearly paid dearly for it however as we lost the game and was only 1 goal away from being knocked out of the competition altogether.

--

liverpool.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey*, Lewis (Williams), Tonali, Gravenberch, Yusuf Demir (Maitland-Niles), Olise, Lainez, Moukoko (Badji)

Fantastic!!!!

Liverpool may be struggling to qualify for Europe this season and have sacked Jurgen Klopp because of that but this is still a huge win in our pursuit of the title. They had 2 goals disallowed but we were always looking dangerous so when Badji headed in the opener late on it was a terrific moment and then Alexander-Arnold decided to gift us a 2nd in the last minute.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Koopmeiners), Vanheusden (Escarcega), Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Gravenberch, Yusuf Demir, Foden, Panagiotou, Moukoko (Badji)

I dont know what the **** happened here. Tonali put us in front with a long range effort and when they equalised I wasnt overly concerned but then we just collapsed and to lose 4-1 is embarrassing. They do the double over us this season which is not a good sign considering we play them in the Champions League semis. Our lead at the top is reduced back down to 3pts.

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Escarcega), Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali*, Gravenberch, Yusuf Demir (Maitland-Niles), Bellingham, Badji, Moukoko (Jarrett)

The pressure was on here after our last result and also knowing that Chelsea had won their match to go level with us before we kicked off but my players responded and dug out a fine victory. Moukoko had a goal disallowed also.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
semi.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden (Koopmeiners), Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham, Yusuf Demir (Lainez*), Foden, Panagiotou, Moukoko

We gain swift revenge over Arsenal here but I am still not quite sure how we managed it as we hardly played for over an hour and they should have been out of sight. Lainez came on and changed the match however and not only do we win but we have 2 away goals in the bank also.

--

SUMMARY

We had some tough fixtures this month and some terrific results but also a couple of howlers! In the league we are 3pts clear but with our far superior goal difference it is basically 4pts as we beat Wolves, thumped Man City at home, edged out Liverpool away and also beat West Ham but in amongst those games we lost 4-1 to Arsenal. We still have Chelsea to play but basically we are within touching distance of retaining our title.

In the Champions League we beat Juventus 4-1 away which was an incredible result and then lost the 2nd leg 2-0 when I played my backups but I didnt care as going through was the most important thing. We then got small revenge over Arsenal by coming from behind to win 2-1 but it aint over yet!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SANDRO TONALI
TONALI.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
apr.png

1625923746340.png

Jackie Milburn
1943-57
Forward
399 apps, 201 goals

"Wor Jackie" was the clubs record goalscorer until Alan Shearer came along. The striker won 13 caps for England, scoring 10 goals and for Newcastle he won 3 FA Cups. He went on to join Linfield and he is the uncle of Bobby and Jack Charlton.

--

MAY

norwich.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali (Koopmeiners), Bellingham*, Lainez, Foden, Panagiotou (Saint-Maximin), Moukoko (Jarrett)

An emphatic victory against a Norwich side who are battling relegation. We hit 6 past them including Phil Jarrett finally getting off the mark for the season although to be fair he has hardly played!

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
0-1.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons (Escarcega), Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch, Bellingham (Tonali), Lainez, Foden (Yusuf Demir), Panagiotou, Moukoko

WE REACH THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL!!!!!

By god this was an awful game and our performance was just as bad but thankfully so was theirs. They scored a goal in stoppage time to win the game but we go through on away goals. We will face Man Utd in the final after they beat the holders PSG.

We also qualify for the Club World Cup which is nice.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis (Maitland-Niles), Gravenberch, Bellingham, Lainez (Yusuf Demir), Foden, Panagiotou (Saint-Maximin), Moukoko

We have all but won the league now after this draw as Chelsea need us to lose on the final day and they have to win and overturn a 32 goal difference deficit! They have managed to keep 2 clean sheets against us this season - the only domestic side to shut us out.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Ramsdale*, Maitland-Niles, Escarcega, Fellipe, Williams, Koopmeiners, Tonali (Longstaff), Yusuf Demir (Omolade), Olise, Lainez, Jarrett

CHAMPIONS!!!!!

I didnt risk any of my first choice players here so it gave my backups a chance to get the title over the line and not get beat by 30 goals lol. Phil Jarrett got the only goal of the game and Ramsdale saved a penalty.

--

UEFA Champions League Final
final.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis (Williams), Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham*, Saint-Maximin, Foden, Panagiotou (Lainez), Moukoko

WE WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a crazy, crazy final! 7 goals were scored in the first half alone!

We took the lead in the first minute through Moukoko but Greenwood levelled for them however Bellingham and Moukoko scored within 2min of each other and we were in control. Well for 7min we were as Martial pulled a goal back. Then Panagiotou restored our 2 goal advantage before Moukoko missed a penalty to deny himself a hat-trick and there was still time for them to pull a goal back before the break!!

In the 2nd half we killed the game early on when Bellingham got his 2nd and Diego Lainez scored a fine individual goal to wrap things up near the end.

--

SUMMARY

This month was great! In the league we beat Norwich 6-1 and then it was the must not lose match against Chelsea which we drew to all but win the title. My backups got a run out against Southampton and we won 1-0 to seal the title by 3pts.

It was in the Champions League where our efforts really mattered though. We lost to Arsenal 1-0 at home but went through to the final on away goals and what a final it was as we beat Man Utd 6-3 to become champions of Europe. It was a fascinating final and now surely we are up there with the top teams in world football. Now we have to make sure that we are the undisputed no.1!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JUDE BELLINGHAM
BELLINGHAM.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
table.png

1625937715334.png

END OF SEASON POST

We had an outstanding season as we retained the league title and won the Champions League! (we also won the Community Shield).

A momentous season. We played some thrilling football and just about every one of my players improved on last season. I have a young, thriving squad who can only get better and I hope that this is the start of worldwide dominance!!!!

We won the league title by 3pts. Chelsea kept us honest right until the end but with 111 goals scored and with the best defensive record despite suffering major injury problems there we fully deserved the title. We won our opening 11 league matches to storm ahead and at one point we had a 8pt lead at the top but when Christmas came our form dropped off the end of a cliff as we suffered injuries and had tired players and we actually lost the lead.

We did however then string a 17 game unbeaten run and while Chelsea were still in close contact we always looked like winning it especially after we beat Man City 4-1 and Liverpool 2-0 in back to back games. Sure we were then thumped by Arsenal but the key game was against Chelsea on the 2nd last day of the season - if we didnt lose the title was ours and a 0-0 draw ensued.

We beat Liverpool in the Community Shield but the other 2 domestic cups were a huge disappointment. We were knocked out of the Carabao Cup by Everton on penalties which was infuriating as we would surely have won it given the teams left in the competition and in the FA Cup we threw away a 3-1 lead against Man Utd to lose after extra-time 4-3 and they ended up winning the cup against Championship side Crystal Palace. Those 2 defeats cost us a clean sweep of trophies!!!!

We are the new Champions of Europe however. We cruised through our group stage which included home and away wins over Bayern Munich and that set us up with a tie against Real Madrid. We came back from 2-0 down to draw the 1st leg 2-2 and in the 2nd leg we won 4-2 after extra-time to progress. Juventus were up next and we got a magnificent 4-1 win away to all but book our place in the semis.

So into the semis we went and we beat Arsenal 2-1 away to gain revenge for our 4-1 defeat in the league and although they won the 2nd leg we went through to the final on away goals. There we faced Man Utd and we emerged victorious as we beat them 6-3 in a 9 goal thriller. It was a crazy match and there were 7 goals and a missed penalty in the first half alone!!!!

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
table.png

Worth pointing out that Brentford got relegated despite winning the UEFA Conference League!!!!

--

SQUAD
squad.png
squad2.png

Goalkeepers - Aaron Ramsdale once again had a 100% appearance record. He played in all 60 matches and won the golden glove award for the Premier League as Freddie Woodman didnt get a sniff.

Defenders - At RB Max Aarons finally had a decent season and he attracted bids from Man City and Barcelona. Tariq Lamptey was backup until January before he was quickly moved on for a profit but it was the ever reliable and ever versatile Maitland-Niles who covered the most. Lewis again held down the LB spot ahead of Williams although he needs to up his game a bit.

At CB I had major injury problems. Vanheusden started the season as first choice but then got injured for 8 months so I had to sign another CB on deadline day. In came Koopmeiners for £50m and he started well before he too got injured for a few months!!! In the end my young Mexican summer signing, Escarcega, got regular games quicker than expected and he did well while Ben Godfrey was the constant as the other CB.

Midfielders - Jude Bellingham was the big summer signing as I paid a club record £100m to bring him in from Borussia Dortmund. He had a stellar season and scored 11 goals and assisted 16. Gravenberch was his partner and while I gave him a more defensive role he still played very well. Sandro Tonali did well when he came in and can count himself unlucky to be 3rd choice and that was basically it for CMs although Koopmeiners did play a few games there when Vanheusden returned from injury.

Phil Foden has the AMC position locked down. I signed him for £66m in the summer and although I expected more than the 9 goals that he gave us he did get 25 assists!!! On the left wing Tasos Panagiotou had another standout season although his assists dropped while Allan Saint-Maximin was excellent on the right hand side with 17 goals and 14 assists.

Then there was Diego Lainez! He was my backup winger for either side yet he ended up being my 2nd top scorer with 19 goals and yet he didnt play great! You also cant forget about Yusuf Demir who flitted in and out of the side at RW and AMC but he still scored 13 goals.

Forwards - Moukoko had another standout season. He won all the major individual awards and ended the season as the golden boot winner yet perversely he didnt have as good a season as he did previous yet he still scored 42 in 42!!!! Badji was excellent as backup as he fired in 18 goals and Phil Jarrett got a few opportunites.

My Player of the Season - Jude Bellingham
My Young Player of the Season - Youssoufa Moukoko
Must Improve - Jamal Lewis
Donkey of the Season - Sean Longstaff

--

SUMMER PLANS

I have no pre-arranged transfers but I have 1 bid in for a player. Improving the first team will be both difficult and expensive so I cant see loads happening there however I have a shed load of reserve players to get rid of which will hopefully raise some big cash. The likes of Almada, Ceballos etc are available.

Of course we also have the Club World Cup to compete in and we will play Boca Juniors and TP Mazembe.​

Last edited:
1625939290557.png

NEWCASTLE UNITED SIGN JADON SANCHO!!!!!!!!!!!

We are just about to kick-off the Club World Cup and I have already made this signing and he will play in the tournament so I thought that I would unveil him here. I have paid £88m (all up front) to bring in Sancho and he will play either on the left or the right - I havent figured it out yet!!!!

Did we need him? No!!!! With Yusuf Demir, ASM, Panagiotou and Lainez a winger wasnt really what I was after but he is one of England's best players so to bring him back before he reaches his prime is a coup.

He joins former teammates Bellingham and Moukoko at the club.​

1625939626520.png

2025 FIFA Club World Cup

Group D
MAZEMBE.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Vanheusden, Escarcega, Williams, Tonali, Koopmeiners*, Lainez, Yusuf Demir (Olise), Panagiotou (Jarrett), Badji

We struggled here lol!!!!

We hit double figures as we humiliate our South African opponents and it makes me wonder what the score would have been if I had played my full strenth side! Lainez got a hat-trick, Koopmeiners and Badji got doubles while Maitland-Niles also had a goal chalked off.

It will be interesting to see how many of these players will be here when the season proper starts - I have no bids in for any of them but it is so early in the summer.

--

Group D
boca.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Escarcega (Vanheusden), Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Yusuf Demir (Lainez), Olise, Panagiotou (Saint-Maximin), Jarrett

Despite falling behind we easily beat Boca Juniors here. Jarrett levelled for us and also had a goal disallowed while Gravenberch and Panagiotou scored worldies. The group is easily won but harder tests await.

group.png

--

Quarter-Final
psg.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Williams, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Koopmeiners, Bellingham (Gravenberch), Saint-Maximin, Foden, Sancho (Lainez), Moukoko (Badji)

2 late goals from Kylian Mbappe did for us here. We gave it a good go and it was actually an entertaining match but I have to take responsibility for our exit as my decision to play my backups in the first game cost us dearly. The reason why is I played my better players in the next match so they were all ****** for this tie. Lesson learned.

1625986371662.png

PRE-SEASON POST

Considering I have only signed 1 player for the first team and he has already been announced this will be short and sweet! It is all about player departures. When Sancho was signed for £88m that totally cleared me out so much so that I couldnt afford to offer anyone any new contracts but fear not I have managed to bring in nearly £200m in player sales!!!!!!

Here is the departures.......

PLAYERS OUT

Michael Olise joins Celtic for an eyewatering £45m!!!! I signed him for £10m and he hardly featured for me (41apps, 3 goals) and although he had a season on loan at Feyenoord the signing didnt quite work out as I had hoped but I didnt think I would get this high a transfer fee for him!

Dani Ceballos (128apps, 18 goals) has joined relegated but Conference League winners Brentford for £31m which is a £20m profit for me. He was a key player for me for 2 seasons but as I brought in top name CMs he moved down the pecking order unfortunately.

Somehow I got £30m for Fellipe!!!!! My teenage Brazilian defender only played 1 game for me and he wasnt interested in signing a new contract so when I got offered crazy money by Leverkusen I readily accepted it!!! Another backup who left for crazy money is Morten Brenoe who joined Genk for an initial £24m - he never played a game for me!

Thiago Almada (142 apps, 20 goals) has also departed as he has joined Burnley for £23.5m. He is a quality player but I just couldnt find a place in my squad for him anymore so it was best to cash in.

Bulgarian wonderkid Valentin Ignatov (3 apps, 2 goals!) has joined Borussia Dortmund for £17.25m while Sean Longstaff and Freddie Woodman - 2 players who were at the club before I took over have also finally moved on. Longstaff (106 apps, 5 goals) joins Brighton for £15.25m and Woodman (29 apps) is now at Swansea who paid £5.25m for him. I didnt need their home grown status anymore so it was the right time to move them on. The same goes for Elliot Anderson who is off to Benfica for £5m.

I have loaned out the usual 5000 players to get some match experience for various fees.

--

SQUAD - AIMS FOR SEASON

Regarding the squad the arrival of Jadon Sancho means I have a decision to make whether to play him on the left ahead of Panagiotou or the right ahead of ASM. But then again there is also Yusuf Demir and Lainez to think of as well!!!!!

Everything else is pretty much the same except my new backup keeper is Jozef Svec who has come up through the youth ranks. I do have a wonderkid keeper but I loaned him out.

The transfer window is still open and I have nearly £160m to spend but unless somebody outstanding piques my interest I wouldnt imagine that there would be too much changes happening.

As for season aims the minimum requirement is for us to make it a hat-trick of league titles. I wouldnt mind picking up one of the domestic cup competitions again while in the Champions League we are defending our title but that will still be a tough ask. Having said that I do believe we are stronger than last season as my young side develops and with the addition of Sancho.

1625986556128.png

Shola Ameobi
2000-14
Forward
397 apps, 79 goals

Known as "The Mackem Slayer" for his tendency to score goals against Sunderland, Ameobi came up through the youth ranks and although was mainly used as a substitute still spent 14 years at the club. He was capped 10 times by Nigeria, scoring twice and was part of the Championship winning team in 2010 which earned the club a Premier League spot. He is currently (and in this save) the clubs loan manager.

--

AUGUST

FA Community Shield
shield.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons (Escarcega), Vanheusden, Godfrey (Koopmeiners), Williams, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin (Yusuf Demir), Foden (Tonali), Sancho (Panagiotou), Moukoko

We win the Community Shield on penalties but it should have been won in normal time as we missed loads of chances and their keeper had a worldie. That being said they also had a late goal disallowed for offside so it could have went either way.

--

stoke.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden (Koopmeiners), Godfrey, Gvardiol, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham*, Saint-Maximin, Foden, Sancho (Panagiotou), Moukoko

We welcome Stoke back into the Premier League by giving them a good hiding! Moukoko and Bellingham got doubles while Ben Godfrey headed in a rare goal. Josko Gvardiol made his debut here.

--

UEFA Super Cup
chelsea.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons*, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Gvardiol (Lewis), Gravenberch, Bellingham (Tonali), Saint-Maximin, Foden, Sancho, Moukoko (Badji)

We pick up our 2nd trophy in 3 matches as we edge out Chelsea here. Moukoko missed a penalty before Jadon Sancho put us in front for his first goal for the club. Phil Foden then had a goal disallowed but we were always comfortable.

--

burnley.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Escarcega, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Gvardiol (Lewis), Gravenberch*, Bellingham, Yusuf Demir (Saint-Maximin), Foden, Sancho, Moukoko (Badji)

We follow up our opening day 5-0 victory against Stoke with another convincing victory against Burnley here. Aarons and ASM werent fully fit and with the strength and depth of squad that I have I didnt play them! We have certainly stepped up a few levels.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Escarcega), Vanheusden (Koopmeiners), Godfrey, Gvardiol, Gravenberch, Bellingham (Tonali), Saint-Maximin, Foden*, Sancho, Moukoko

Another easy league win and it seems that this season we are getting clean sheets to go with the victories!

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Escarcega, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Gvardiol (Lewis), Gravenberch, Bellingham (Koopmeiners), Saint-Maximin, Foden*, Sancho (Panagiotou), Moukoko

We are on fire!!!! Our previous league results were impressive enough but to rock up at the Emirates and wipe the floor with Arsenal who have caused us so many problems in the past is really something. ASM scored the goal of the game with an effort into the top corner from 25 yards.

--

SUMMARY

We have had an amazing start to the season!!!! Not only did we win the Community Shield by beating Liverpool and the Super Cup against Chelsea but we also won all 4 league games quite handsomely including a terrific 3-1 away victory over Arsenal. Some of our play has been sensational with my attacking midfielders and Moukoko running riot and my CBs have also been scoring too!!

I did bring in another player as you have probably seen as I signed Josko Gvardiol from RB Leipzig for £73m! He is a world class defender who is natural as both a left back and centre back but I will start him on the left so maybe Lewis' surprise hold on that spot is finally at an end!
gvardiol.png

One thing I have found out is that I need injuries!!!!!!!! My squad is so good now with the arrival of Sancho and Gvardiol (only Olise and Longstaff left remember) that when I name my matchday squad a couple of squad regulars will miss out like Lainez, Lewis and Maitland-Niles. With that in mind I am going to be more ruthless regarding players fitness as in if a player is not recommended to play I just wont play him unlike before.

In the Champions League we are the 2nd favourites behind PSG and in our group we will play Hertha Berlin, Celtic and Bologna!
1626022778730.png
1626022804643.png
1626022832798.png
1626022862982.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PHIL FODEN
foden.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
AUG.png

1626022951431.png

Rob Lee
1992-2002
Midfielder
381 apps, 56 goals

One of my favourite ever Newcastle players, Lee was signed by Kevin Keegan to be part of "The Entertainers" side that stormed the Championship and challenged for the Premier League. He was signed from Charlton Athletic for £700,000 and went on to play for the club for a decade. Highlights include a hat-trick of headers against Antwerp in the UEFA Cup and a goal in a FA Cup semi-final. He won 21 caps for England, scoring 2 goals.

--

SEPTEMBER

liverpool.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Escarcega, Koopmeiners, Godfrey (Hendey), Gvardiol, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham, Saint-Maximin, Foden*, Sancho, Moukoko (Badji)

Allan Saint-Maximin scored a dramatic late winning goal as we deservedly win this match. We took the lead through Sancho and then proceeded to miss a load of chances and when they equalised it looked to be costly but thankfully ASM struck with a couple of minutes remaining to give us all 3pts.

--

hertha.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Escarcega, Koopmeiners, Gvardiol (Hendey), Lewis*, Tonali, Bellingham (Maitland-Niles), Lainez, Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou, Moukoko (Jarrett)

I decided to mix up the team a little here as I was confident that we would get the job done and although we only scored the one goal to win we could and probably should have scored 3 or 4 at least.

--

man utd.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles (Aarons), Koopmeiners, Godfrey, Gvardiol, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin, Foden (Yusuf Demir), Sancho, Moukoko (Badji)

Ouch!!!! Despite the result we were actually by far the better side but defensive mistakes and a wonder goal from my former player Dembele did for us. Despite the defeat I cant go to hard on my players here as we played very well - we just didnt get the luck required.

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
brighton.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons (Escarcega), Koopmeiners, Godfrey, Gvardiol, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham, Saint-Maximin (Yusuf Demir), Foden, Sancho*, Moukoko

Not the most thrilling of matches but we go through and thats all that counts! I did think about playing my backups tbh but I decided against it although a few of my players ended up struggling with fitness so there could be a few changes in the next match.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners, Godfrey*, Gvardiol, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham, Saint-Maximin, Foden (Yusuf Demir), Sancho (Panagiotou), Moukoko

We get back to winning ways in the league with an easy win over Southampton. Moukoko struck twice while Foden and Godfrey also popped up with goals. A fine response.

--

celtic.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Hendey (Gravenberch), Escarcega, Lewis, Tonali, Koopmeiners, Lainez, Yusuf Demir (Foden), Panagiotou*, Badji

Out came the backups and we got the win to take charge of the group. I will probably play my backups for the remaining matches now as Celtic beat Bologna in their match so we are already in control of the group.

--

SUMMARY

We are still looking good! Sure we lost to Man Utd in the league but we should have won that match as we were by far the better side so I am not too downhearted about that and we did win all of our other matches so we are still in a good place.

We just need to keep things going - simple as that!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TASOS PANAGIOTOU
panagiotou.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
sep.png

1626080502740.png

Wilf Low
1909-24
Defender
367 apps, 8 goals

Signed from Aberdeen, Low played for Newcastle until 40 years of age and he won 1 FA Cup while at Newcastle. He was capped 5 times by Scotland and upon retirement he stayed with the club to be a youth coach and groundsman.

--

OCTOBER

west ham.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Koopmeiners (Escarcega), Godfrey, Gvardiol, Gravenberch, Bellingham (Tonali), Saint-Maximin (Yusuf Demir), Foden, Sancho, Moukoko*

Forget about Mouokoko's hat-trick and MOM performance - Max Aarons scored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took him 194 games to get a goal but score a goal he did. Now for Jamal Lewis to get his first goal............lol

--

leicester.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Gvardiol, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Foden (Yusuf Demir), Panagiotou*, Moukoko (Badji)

Not the most exciting of matches but we win and keep a clean sheet so I cant complain!

--

bologna.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles, Escarcega, Hendey, Lewis (Williams), Tonali, Koopmeiners, Lainez*, Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou (Jarrett), Badji

My backups ran riot here as they put 5 past Bologna. Badji and Lainez got doubles while Escarcega popped up with a rare goal too!

--

leeds.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin, Foden* (Yusuf Demir), Sancho (Panagiotou), Badji (Jarrett)

We were shocked here when Leeds scored early on with their only shot on target early on but Badji soon levelled and ASM struck the winner. Foden assisted both goals but he also missed a penalty.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
5-1.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons (Escarcega), Vanheusden, Godfrey, Gvardiol, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham (Koopmeiners), Saint-Maximin*, Foden, Panagiotou, Badji

WOW!!!!

We were amazing here and blew Arsenal away with the 5 goals that we scored - even Sandro Tonali got in on the act!!!!

--

SUMMARY

A perfect month! 5 games, 5 wins and 3 hidings dished out with the highlight being our 5-1 demolition of Arsenal in the Carabao Cup! My backups even hit Bologna for 5 in the Champions League as most of my squad got some minutes during this month. Despite winning all 3 league games we are still not top of the league as Chelsea are 1pt ahead of us and we play them at Stamford Bridge next month which will be a huge game!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOUSSOUPH BADJI
badji.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
oct.png

1626086019084.png

Tommy McDonald
1921-31
Forward
367 apps, 113 goals

Signed from Rangers in his native Scotland, McDonald spent a decade at Newcastle and won the FA Cup as well as a league title while at the club but he was never capped for his country despite his decent club record.

--

NOVEMBER

4-0.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Gvardiol, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham, Saint-Maximin (Badji), Foden, Sancho*, Moukoko

Nice and easy. Jadon Sancho struck twice while Moukoko returned to the lineup and managed to get a goal but Badji was not to be outdone as he came off the bench to score and continue his great run of form!

--

0-4.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles (Williams), Escarcega, Hendey, Lewis (Jamieson), Tonali, Koopmeiners, Lainez*, Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou, Badji (Jarrett)

My backups like playing Bologna as we follow up our 5-0 victory against them by hitting 4 past them here to secure our qualification into the next round and also win the group.

--

2-1.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey*, Gvardiol, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin (Yusuf Demir), Foden, Sancho (Panagiotou), Moukoko (Badji)

This is a huge result for us as we go back on top of the league by 2pts. We came out of the blocks on fire and were 2-0 up within 12min and pretty much managed the game from then on pretty well - even though they did pull a goal back. This is Chelsea's first defeat in the league this season.

--

spurs.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Escarcega), Vanheusden, Godfrey, Gvardiol, Gravenberch, Bellingham*, Saint-Maximin, Foden, Sancho (Panagiotou), Moukoko (Badji)

Our first draw in the league this season but Chelsea also drew so I am happy enough. Bellingham put us ahead early on but tbh Spurs deserved their equaliser.

--

1-0.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Williams (Aarons), Escarcega, Hendey, Lewis, Tonali, Koopmeiners, Lainez (Saint-Maximin), Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou, Badji (Jarrett)

We had to get a late penalty converted by Koopmeiners to win this match but we dominated the game and should have scored more. Another good run out for my backups.

--

wba.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons*, Vanheusden, Godfrey (Koopmeiners), Gvardiol, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin (Badji), Foden, Sancho (Panagiotou), Moukoko

Max Aarons to the rescue!!!! My right back scored a wonder goal here late on to win us the match which I admit I thought we would win easily but it didnt turn out that way. Sancho had a goal disallowed mind you.

--

SUMMARY

We are ticking along nicely! In the league we got a huge victory away to Chelsea to take back top spot and while we drew away with Spurs we are still 2pts clear at the top. My backups continue to win in Europe as we have 5 wins out of 5 with a 4-0 away win over Bologna being quite impressive.

Despite all the positives there are some nagging doubts. Moukoko is struggling a bit this season and ASM isnt performing as well as he can do either so I will monitor both those players next month.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MAX AARONS
aarons.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
nov.png

1626120704046.png

Bobby Moncur
1962-74
Defender
356 apps, 8 goals

Moncur came through the ranks at Newcastle and spent 12 years at the club before joining Sunderland of all places. He captained the side to the 1969 Fairs Cup where he scored 3 of his 8 club goals in the 2 legged final. He was capped 16 times by Scotland

--

DECEMBER

everton.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey (Escarcega), Gvardiol, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham*, Saint-Maximin (Badji), Foden, Sancho, Moukoko

ASM got back on the scoresheet here and although we won we were far from convincing. Some of my players are needing a rest but with Man City away next that will have to wait.

--

man city.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Escarcega), Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis (Maitland-Niles), Tonali, Koopmeiners, Yusuf Demir, Foden (Panagiotou), Sancho, Moukoko

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!!!!!!!

To be 3-0 up away to Man City with half an hour to go and to end up losing the game is an absolute disgrace. Maybe my subs ****** things up mixed with the players I was missing but this is a total embarrassment.

--

celtic.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Williams, Escarcega (Jamieson), Hendey, Lewis, Tonali, Koopmeiners, Saint-Maximin (Jarrett), Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou*, Badji (Maitland-Niles)

We wrap up the group stage with another comfortable win. Brandon Williams scored his first goal for the club but it was Panagiotou who stole the show.

group.png

What a weird group! We won all 6 and the other 3 teams all finished on 5pts with negative goal difference!

--

sheff utd.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Vanheusden*, Godfrey (Escarcega), Gvardiol, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Saint-Maximin, Yusuf Demir (Panagiotou), Sancho, Moukoko

We took a while to get going here but got there in the end. I really want to give Panagiotou more starts as he keeps performing when played but Sancho is a better alternative on the left but might be less effective on the right. Hmm.

--

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final
villa.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Vanheusden, Godfrey, Gvardiol, Gravenberch, Bellingham, Yusuf Demir, Foden, Sancho (Panagiotou), Moukoko*

Jude Bellingham is loving the Carabao Cup this season as he has scored in every round so far and 3 of his 7 goals have come in this competition this season. Moukoko is beginning to find his scoring form again thankfully.

--

aston.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Escarcega, Gvardiol, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Foden, Panagiotou*, Moukoko (Badji)

What a crazy final few minutes this was!!!!! We fell behind just after the hour mark but Panagiotou levelled on 77min and then put us in front on 83min however they levelled annoyingly but Phil Foden crashed in an effort a minute later and we could relax but there was still time for us to get a penalty and Panagiotou stepped up to complete his hat-trick. I just have to start him now!!!

--

luton.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden (Yusuf Demir), Godfrey, Gvardiol, Gravenberch, Bellingham*, Sancho, Foden, Panagiotou, Moukoko

Naturally I am extremely pleased with the result but to not score any goals in the 2nd half after banging in 6 in the first is infuriating. I event changed to a very attacking mentality and took off a CB for an attacking player but it seemed like my players were just going through the motions in the 2nd half.

--

stoke.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Koopmeiners), Vanheusden, Escarcega*, Gvardiol, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham, Saint-Maximin, Foden (Yusuf Demir), Panagiotou, Moukoko

Panagiotou scores in his 4th league game in a row here. Moukoko got the 2nd and we just toyed with them from then on and they didnt even have a shot at goal!

--

burnley.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Williams), Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Tonali, Koopmeiners*, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou, Moukoko (Jarrett)

Panagiotou is at it again!!!!! I gave a few players a weeks rest so some of my backups got a rare league start or sub appearance.

--

SUMMARY

If it wasnt for our horrible collapse in our match against Man City this would have been a perfect month as we won all of our other matches. To be 3-0 up midway through the 2nd half and to end up losing was a horror moment for us but credit goes to my players for bouncing back with victories to remain top of the table. Man Utd are now are closest challengers as Chelsea have slipped a bit.

Tasos Panagiotou has forced his way into the side and just cant stop scoring and he is actually my 2nd highest scorer this season so far - just 2 behind Moukoko!!!!!

Once again the Champions League draw screwed us over even though we won our group at a canter. There were 7 2nd placed sides I would quite happily have taken including Ludogorets but we got the 1 team we didnt want - Juventus!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TASOS PANAGIOTOU
PANAGIOTOU.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
DEC.png

1626162101786.png

Andy Aitken
1895-1906
Midfielder
349 apps, 42 goals

Aitken signed for Newcastle in only their 3rd season of existence and helped them gain promotion to the top division before winning the league title. He left the club at the age of 29 to become player manager of Middlesbrough. He won 14 caps for Scotland.

--

JANUARY

FA Cup 3rd Round
wigan.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles*, Escarcega, Hendey, Lewis (Williams), Tonali (Bayles), Koopmeiners, Lainez, Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou, Badji (Jarrett)

Another run out for my backups as they easily swot aside League 1 side Wigan.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg
west ham.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden (Escarcega), Godfrey (Koopmeiners), Gvardiol, Gravenberch*, Bellingham, Sancho, Foden, Panagiotou (Saint-Maximin), Moukoko

This should be good enough for us to get a place in the final! My backups will get to see the job through in the 2nd leg now.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Gvardiol, Gravenberch*, Bellingham (Tonali), Sancho, Foden (Yusuf Demir), Panagiotou, Moukoko (Jarrett)

Thats 6 league games in a row now that Panagiotou has scored in the league. Bellingham got injured here and will be out for a few weeks.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Gvardiol, Tonali, Koopmeiners, Sancho (Lainez), Foden, Panagiotou (Saint-Maximin), Moukoko (Jarrett)

I dont know how we didnt win this match as Arsenal offered nothing and we peppered their goal. Bernd Leno had a worldie performance in goal for them and when we finally got the ball past him in stoppage time from Jarrett it was disallowed for offside. 5 clean sheets in a row in the league for us.

--

MAN UTD.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Escarcega), Vanheusden, Godfrey, Gvardiol, Tonali, Koopmeiners*, Saint-Maximin, Foden (Yusuf Demir), Panagiotou, Moukoko (Jarrett)

Fantastic!!!! We move 7pts clear at the top of the table with this wonderful victory against Man Utd. The scoreline was at 1-1 but the arrival of Phil Jarrett off the bench for the disappointing Moukoko really changed the game for us and he popped up with the winner before winning the penalty that sealed the victory.

--

FA Cup 4th Round
cardiff.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Maitland-Niles (Williams), Escarcega, Hendey, Lewis, Tonali, Koopmeiners*, Saint-Maximin, Yusuf Demir, Lainez, Jarrett

Into the 5th round we go. Phil Jarrett had a goal disallowed before he finally put us in front in the 2nd half. Moukoko should take note as my 3rd choice striker is doing better than he is at the moment!

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg
semi.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Williams, Escarcega, Hendey, Lewis, Tonali, Koopmeiners, Saint-Maximin, Panagiotou, Lainez, Jarrett (Badji)

Pathetic. Just as well we got the job done in the first leg as we didnt turn up here at all!!!!

--

liverpool.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Hendey), Vanheusden, Escarcega, Gvardiol, Tonali (Yusuf Demir), Koopmeiners, Sancho (Lainez), Foden, Panagiotou, Moukoko

We were well beaten here. Liverpool battered us and missed so many chances and we did well just to keep the score respectable tbh. At least Moukoko got back on the scoresheet!

--

SUMMARY

January had its moments both good and bad! We opened up a 7pt lead at the top of the league table by beating Man Utd but promptly lost to Liverpool for it to get cut back down to 4pts but I am still happy how we are going in the league. In both cups we progressed by beating Wigan and Cardiff in the FA Cup and West Ham in the Carabao Cup semis even though we lost the 2nd leg 3-0.

Chelsea will be our opponents in the final.

No transfer news at all. I did look at bringing in a more attacking CM as with Bellingham and Graveneberch both out injured Tonali and Koopmeiners are both defensive minded replacements but all the top targets were too expensive and I couldnt sign a foreign U21 player that I fancied.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TEUN KOOPMEINERS
koopmeiners.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
JAN.png

1626192710006.png

Frank Brennan
1946-56
Defender
349 apps, 3 goals

Signed from Airdrieonians for £7,500, Brennan spent the rest of his career with Newcastle and won 2 FA Cups in the process. He was capped 8 times by Scotland.

--

FEBRUARY

soton.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden (Hendey), Godfrey, Gvardiol, Tonali, Foden, Sancho*, Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou, Moukoko

Jadon Sancho was the man of the moment here with 2 goals while Moukoko also found the net - he needs to be scoring more however.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
juventus.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Gvardiol (Lewis), Tonali (Gravenberch), Foden, Sancho, Yusuf Demir, Panagiotou, Moukoko (Badji)

**** sake!!!! Not for the first time we collapse after being in a commanding position but I suppose we didnt lose and have 3 away goals in the bank so we should still fancy our chances but it should have been far more comfortable.

--

4-1.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Gvardiol (Maitland-Niles), Tonali, Bellingham*, Sancho (Saint-Maximin), Foden (Yusuf Demir), Panagiotou, Moukoko

Despite falling behind here we won very easily. Moukoko and Panagiotou continue their battle to be top scorer which shows how well Panagiotou has done this season and how far Moukoko has regressed and Jude Bellingham returned to the side to grab a couple.

--

SUMMARY

Just the 3 games this month and we came through it relatively unscathed. Southampton and West Ham were beaten in the league to maintain our 4pt lead at the top of the table but in the Champions League we threw away a 3-1 lead away to Juventus to draw 3-3 which was a huge disappointment. We are still favourites to go through but we have made things far more difficult than needed to be.

There is a bit of transfer news as Brandon Williams has left the club to move to China for £29m. That is over a £20m profit on him and he rarely played so that is a nice piece of business for us.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JADON SANCHO
SANCHO.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
FEB.png

1626204165464.png

Jock Rutherford
1902-13
Midfielder
334 apps, 92 goals

Rutherford played 10 seasons with Newcastle but ended up playing until 1928 at the age of 44! For Newcastle he won 3 league titles, 1 FA Cup and a Charity Shield while he was also capped 11 times for England, scoring 3 times. He left the club to join Arsenal who he ended up having 2 spells with.

--

MARCH

Carabao Cup Final
final.png

Lineup
- Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Gvardiol, Gravenberch, Bellingham (Tonali), Sancho (Saint-Maximin), Foden, Panagiotou, Moukoko*

WE WIN THE CARABAO CUP!!!!

On one hand this was an even game but we had 2 goals disallowed in the first half so I feel that we are deserved winners. We are on for winning every trophy this season - if you count the Club World Cup as last season - which I dont lol.

--

FA Cup 5th Round
pool.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Gvardiol, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham, Sancho, Foden (Yusuf Demir), Panagiotou (Saint-Maximin), Moukoko*

I HAVE MOUKOKO BACK FIRING!!!!!!

He was superb here as he got a hat-trick to down Liverpool in the FA Cup. He was unplayable and even caused the own goal right at the end to boot! To score 4 goals away to Liverpool is a great achievement.

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Escarcega, Vanheusden (Maitland-Niles), Godfrey, Gvardiol, Gravenberch, Bellingham (Koopmeiners), Sancho (Saint-Maximin), Foden, Panagiotou, Moukoko*

Moukoko and Panagiotou both scored yet again to give us the points here. Moukoko is trying to claw back goals that he had scored by this time already in previous seasons while Panagiotou is setting himself new standards to live up to!!!!

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
2-2.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey (Escarcega), Gvardiol, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham, Sancho, Foden, Panagiotou (Saint-Maximin), Moukoko*

We go through on away goals and this was a match against the 2 top young strikers in world football. They both scored twice each but it was Moukoko who had the last laugh.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Escarcega, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Lewis, Gravenberch (Koopmeiners), Bellingham, Sancho (Saint-Maximin), Foden (Yusuf Demir), Panagiotou*, Moukoko

We move further clear at the top of the league with this victory and it is no surprise that my deadly duo managed to find the net against bottom side Brighton. Ben Godfrey chipped in with his 5th of the season.

--

FA Cup Quarter-Final

qf.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons (Maitland-Niles), Vanheusden, Godfrey, Gvardiol, Tonali (Koopmeiners), Bellingham, Sancho, Foden, Panagiotou, Moukoko*

They cant stop scoring!!!! Moukoko got another 2 goals to make it 10 for the month and 31 for the season while Tasos Panagiotou got his token effort in his attempts to catch up lol.

--

leeds.png

Lineup - Ramsdale, Aarons, Vanheusden, Godfrey, Gvardiol, Gravenberch (Tonali), Bellingham, Sancho, Foden (Yusuf Demir), Panagiotou (Saint-Maximin), Moukoko*

On one hand I am ****** off that we threw away a 2 goal lead but on the other hand we were lucky to escape with a point as they gifted us 2 goals thanks to 2 horrendous defensive errors.

--

SUMMARY

This month saw the return of the free-scoring Youssoufa Moukoko as my German striker netted 12 goals in 7 matches and he scored in every single match!!!! The highlight of the month was our win in the Carabao Cup final as we beat Chelsea 2-1 to claim the trophy but our 4-2 away win against Liverpool in the FA Cup was also a special moment.

We are in control in the league as we have a 4pt lead while in the cups Chelsea will be our opponents in the Champions League and Man City will play us in the FA Cup.

The youth intake was pretty ****.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOUSSOUFA MOUKOKO
moukoko.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
mar.png