0widowmaker0

Reaction score
Right first off, this is from Tactics from different forums (around the world)

Tried to find whos tactic it is but with no luck so i thought i'd post here and see what happens.

Im not a god thread creator so please be gentle. I'm just a massive fan of Football Manager and want a little help.

Here it is!

Tactic

I know i have a strong squad and i have only played 1 game with my Chesterfield game, beat the top of the table 6-3 BTW.

The football is amazing to watch and the player rating are super.

In the original thread, people said they got mixed results BUT i wondered how many games they ACTUALLY gave the tactic! I always grab a new tactic, plug it in and see how it plays by playing the game (NEVER DO I INSTANT RESULT) Whether i win lose or draw that game, i can usually see if i like how the tactic plays or not. Just by seeing how many chances it creates for example. It's not a amazing way to start a test i know but it works for me.

If i like it, i will start a new save and get playing. If you are getting friendly games scoring 10+ you can bank your onto a winner. I know they are friendlies but trust me, if i constantly win them scoring 2 or 3 goals, i bin the tactic. Yet again, not perfect but it works for me. The first friendly with this tactic? 19-0

When i play/test or whatever you call your save, i always do the same setup. 10+ friendlies. Fully set up training system with new coaches ect... I have 2 full teams. Play first team in first game and second string in the second and barring injuries, never the two shall meet :D Just works for me when building fitness and tactic familiarity.

Like any tactic, im a massive believer that you get what you put into it. This defo needs time and training and more importantly, patients to get it working. If you play 2 games and lose, it happenes! If you don't have the right players, it wont work! BUt, But friends, if you get it right, it's amazing!!!

I'm hoping a few can get it to work for you as i'm absolutely loving the games, goals and player ratings!

I'm also hoping someone may stedy up the away games.

There are good tactics out there but this is my fav ATM

It really matters not to me if you comment, only that you have fun with the game. It's not my tactic just wanted to share the love :D

Happy hunting!

Finished the season

Please ignore the highlighted Man united, i got the job at the end of the season

Last edited:
This tactic is deadly on attack. But if there is a way to improve the defence against the opposition's wide players it would be much more consistant.

Having extensively used this tactic with Liverpool. I can say that it is immense at home. A few pointers for away games:

1. Ensure Moral is high.
2. The WBs are extremely important and if they're having a 6.6 or lower. Sub them.
3. The center backs have to be very comfortable on the ball. For some reason, VVD does not work that well but Matip is great. Also De Ligt (second season onwards has been immense).
4. Advice for CAR - El Neny: Cheap, will give you a 7.7 game 9 out of 10.
5. Wide strikers have to be fast! Salah (45 goals and 43 assists) Mane (35 goals and 29 assists) worked wonders there. Center striker should not come deep to get the ball. (Firmino got 42 goals first season) Second season I got Belotti and he has scored 18 in 7 games in December.
8. DO NOT buy more than 3 first team players. Gradually phase them out.

Training:

Pre season plus first few weeks of the season: Team Cohesion + Tactics.
Sometime around October: Balance Average + Attacking Movement.

Try using Counter in a few away games and see if it works. Sometimes works for me sometimes doesn't. Once I get the moral up and team is happy I am smashing teams away also.

results are terrible. maybe the tactic can be used at last minutes if when we are lost

View attachment 1149208View attachment 1149211

They are not terrible, just inconsistent away, as i mentioned! I also query if you played the game as you got a load of results fast there brother. I also said, i play every game. Also, i said it was a doggy but fun tactic to use.

Never mind. Thanks for the info x

They are not terrible, just inconsistent away, as i mentioned! I also query if you played the game as you got a load of results fast there brother. I also said, i play every game. Also, i said it was a doggy but fun tactic to use.

Never mind. Thanks for the info x

how did your season with spurs finish?

I 'm trying to improve the defensive part of the tactic without losing much of the offensive effectiveness. If you just move the deep lying playmaker to central defender, you lose that extra man in midfield and it becomes just another 343 tactic...

The solution I found is to change the DLP into a Libero with attacking duty. It needs more testing but it certainly seem to have improved the defense, as the libero acts on defense just like another DC, but will venture into the midfield when in possession.

Hello,

Could you post the screen with this tweak? How to change the DLP into a ibero?

Thkx

I 'm trying to improve the defensive part of the tactic without losing much of the offensive effectiveness. If you just move the deep lying playmaker to central defender, you lose that extra man in midfield and it becomes just another 343 tactic...

The solution I found is to change the DLP into a Libero with attacking duty. It needs more testing but it certainly seem to have improved the defense, as the libero acts on defense just like another DC, but will venture into the midfield when in possession.

Just put my DLP (William Carvalho) playing was a Libero with attacking duty, and the result speakes for itself, but he plays at 6.8.

Looking promising according to others. Im going to finish my Spurs season off with your tweak. I'll report back but it will be wednesday due to work and the fact i play every game, no IR for me :D

How you put a Libero with atack duties ... i just can put to defence

How you put a Libero with atack duties ... i just can put to defence

You are probably selecting the sweeper which has only defensive mentality. The libero has support and attack mentalities available.

sorry galego, but i cant see that, do you can put a screen of that ... ty very much