Oh When The Saints Go Marching In - A Southampton Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam91
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 234
  • Views Views 101K
Nice story mate! Not sure if I've commented already but always check to see how you're doing :P Would you recommend Erik Lamela?

Nice story mate! Not sure if I've commented already but always check to see how you're doing :P Would you recommend Erik Lamela?
Thanks man, yeah I'd defo recommend him. He costs a fair bit but he's been my best player this season probably, turning into a real class player

Update tomorrow lads, nearly finished April and its been a massive month!!! Loads of league games to level out the table! ;)

Kurt Zouma = beast!!!!!!!!

I always find that the Ox and Walcott dont have great stats but they are terrific players when used right - pace is king!

Kurt Zouma = beast!!!!!!!!

I always find that the Ox and Walcott dont have great stats but they are terrific players when used right - pace is king!
Zouma is a freaking boss, thought I might have overpaid but he's been sensational for me, pace does seem slightly overpowered this year. Zaha's stats look shocking but he raped me when I had my Blackpool save!!

Could you post a screenshot of Lamela (with the attribute graph) :)
Sure will post it in my update mate

awesome stuff mate KIU, haven't been on the site for a while so nice to see this story still going :D

April

southampton-mboro-clown.jpg

This was the month that would make or break this season...
Games against United, Chelsea and Spurs
Knocked out of the FA Cup though

League

Reading 0 - 4 Southampton

Sneijder, Ademilson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Villa

Tottenham 0 - 1 Southampton

Sneijder

Amazing goal from Wesley with a 40 yard free-kick!!

Wigan 0 - 4 Southampton

Lallana, Sneijder, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cork

View attachment 300908

Southampton 2 - 1 Chelsea

Lamela(2)

View attachment 300909

Southampton 2 - 0 Norwich

Sneijder, Martinez

Southampton 4 - 3 Manchester United

Ademilson(2), Oxlade-Chamberlain(2)

View attachment 300910

------------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup

Chelsea 2 - 1 Southampton

Ademilson

That's our FA Cup journey over for the season, never mind.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Europa League

Quarter Final 1st Leg

Southampton 3 - 1 Dortmund

Sturridge(2), Lamela

View attachment 300914

Quarter Final 2nd Leg

Dortmund 2 - 1 Southampton
Saints win 4-3 on agg

Lamela

Semi-Final 1st Leg

Ajax 2 - 1 Southampton

Lamela

----------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

A sensational month which was packed full of games as you saw, but we steamrolled all opposition in the league smashing Norwich, Wigan, Reading ect. and scoring key wins over United, Chelsea and Spurs!! I had to rest players in other competitions like the FA Cup in which Chelsea managed to beat us and in the Europa League we crept past Dortmund and got beaten by Ajax but we scored an away goal which could probe key.

I snapped up a young keeper for £1m and he looks really really good and should provide competition for Butland. Here's a screenie:

View attachment 300925

Just 17 and look at those stats!! Could be a world beater in a few years

Player of the Month

Erik Lamela

erik-lamela.jpeg

Insanely good this month and all season, one of my favourite players in FM13. Here's a screenie which Tommy asked for:

View attachment 300927

Table

View attachment 300929

TOP!!!! Finally, jeez sick of playing catch up but we do have SIX games left to play whilst City have 2 and United 3. Add the second leg and if we win that maybe the Europa League final we may have 8 games to play this month!!!

Should have an update out tonight as long as I can finish the season, sorry been really busy with work!!

May and End of Season Awards

BPL%2Btrophy

Win the title FINALLY!!
Ajax knock us out of Europa League though
Brilliant season

League

Wolves 1 - 2 Southampton

Ademilson(2)

Southampton 1 - 1 Newcastle

Lamela

Wrapped up the season after this game :D

West Ham 1 - 2 Southampton

Villa(2)

View attachment 301961

Southampton 1 - 0 Stoke

Lamela

Manchester United 0 - 2 Southampton

Villa, Sturridge

View attachment 301962

Liverpool 2 - 1 Southampton

Sturridge

---------------------------------------------------------------

Europa League

Southampton 1 - 1 Ajax
3-2 to Ajax on agg

Sneijder

----------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly and Season Review

FINALLY!!!!! After coming sooooo close last year we wrapped the league up in convincing style. We won the Capital One Cup again too. Lamela has been sensational, as has Zouma, Inigo Martinez, Sterling, The Ox, Sneijder, Clyne and Shaw. Been a tad disappointed with Ademilson as I thought this might be a break through season for him but maybe I'm expecting too much too soon from him. He still hit in 22 goals in all competitions.

There will be some sales this summer and I'm looking at bringing in a new keeper, both Courtois and ter Stegan are looking likely but don't know which one.

BPL Champions: Southampton
FA Cup: Manchester City
Capital One Cup: Southampton
Champions League: TBD (United or Juve)
Europa League: TBD (Udinese or Ajax)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final League Table and BPL Player Stats

View attachment 301982 View attachment 301983

13 Points clear in the end :D very nice!!! What a season Eden Hazard had and if I didn't have so many options in his position I would snap him up for sure. Lamela was sensational but strangely he didn't make team of the year :S very weird.

Blackpool, QPR and Cardiff all got relegated and none of their players interest me anymore as I need young talent and world class players to push for the Champions League win I'm now targeting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Squad

View attachment 301977 View attachment 301978

Lamela was quite clearly the stand out player, The Ox was also impressive and if he could have played in Europe for us we may have seen off Ajax. Jos Hooiveld's rating is surprising, age is against him but may hang on to him for tutoring and as a back up. Most players hit over an average of 7.00 which is key, Adryan will be sold. There's just no space for him. Mauro Alarcon and Cole Jones proved very good back ups for Essien and Clyne. Alarcon is likely to take over from Essien next year as his stats look very, very good.

Player Awards

My Player of the Season

Erik Lamela

View attachment 301971

What a player, what a season. Just amazing, favourite player so far on FM13 without a doubt.

My Young Player of the Season

Luke Shaw

View attachment 301972

Breakthrough season for him, fought off Ryan Bertrand for the first team spot and has nailed down that place. Turning into one of the best left backs I've ever had.

Golden Glove

Jack Butland!!!!!!

View attachment 301980

I've never had one of my keepers win this award so I'm quite impressed with myself :)

Manager of the Year

Sam Birch

View attachment 301981

Yeah I won it again, and Pep came runner up.

BPL Team of the Year

View attachment 301984

Butland and Clyne make the cut but no Lamela :( wtf SI, seriously he has a season like that at the age of 23 and doesn't make TOTY. **** offffffff

Thats all folks!!! I'll be back after I've done the summer and return just before the Charity Shield match with transfers and pre-season :D. Nice to win the league after last seasons heartbreak on the last day but still need to win the FA Cup and Champions League which is proving trickier for me than last season!! Many thanks to all my readers :)

Dam Sam its been to long! great to see your still firing on with another FM Story which looks great by the way, congrats on BPL man... ;)

Dam Sam its been to long! great to see your still firing on with another FM Story which looks great by the way, congrats on BPL man... ;)
Cheers buddy, made some interesting signings. No big names yet, gutted our squad though to reduce the wage bill.

Also Atletico Madrid have had a tycoon takeover and are now the 3rd richest club in the world!!!!

Pre-Season

preseason595.jpg

Everyone very quite in the transfer market
Miss out on ter Stegan
Gut the squad with quite a few old players leaving

Transfers

View attachment 302176 View attachment 302177

So the big departures were Poli, Villa, Pepe and Hooiveld. I'm very happy with the fee I got for Poli seeing as I got him for £12.5m!! Also happy with the fee's for Villa, Pepe and Hooiveld considering their age. Blaszczykowski was offloaded as I no longer need him. John Guidetti and Wellington Nem both were sold for considerable profits as well. All in all we drastically cut our wage bill and made £67m from our sales.

Now onto the In's!! D'Ambrosio was a deal that was done last year, he has been loaned out to new feeder club Nottingham Forest to get some game time. Jorge Farina was also a pre-agreed deal and he's interesting as his stats look quite incredible, will play him in games against lower opposition and league cup games. Oriol Romeu was snapped up for an incredible price if you ask me!! Still young and can improve, also very versatile. Tomas Kalas was signed to replace Pepe and Hooiveld, his stats look crazy good for a 22 year old. Lastly our replacement for Poli, 16 year old Jose Gregorio snapped up before he could sign a pro contract with Barca, will rotate with Jack Cork and hopefully turn into a top player. I tried to get Thiago but Barca were demanding a whopping £91m which was just never going to happen. Here's screenies of the new boys:

View attachment 302187View attachment 302188View attachment 302189View attachment 302190View attachment 302191

Pre Season Results

View attachment 302192

Yeah not the greatest but I did leave it all to my assistant who played some weird players, but Scott Maden looked good. Probably the main reason I offloaded Villa was because I want to push Maden and Farina for stating roles.

Key Player

Erik Lamela

View attachment 302193

We'll need Lamela firing on all cylinders if we want to win anything this year, he was sensational last year and can hopefully continue to improe.

One To Watch

Scott Maden

View attachment 302194

With Villa being sold, Scott Maden has now moved up the pecking order. Ademilson didn't have the best season last year and if he does start to falter Maden will be given his chance.

Starting 11

View attachment 302195

This could and probably will change but this I'd say is my strongest 11. We have some brilliant young players both in the line up and on the bench. Very bright future for this team :)

Thanks for reading lads, next update end of August as usual :D any questions feel free to ask!!​

How are Sneijder's physical stats? Surely he's getting on a bit now

Back