Oh When The Saints Go Marching In - A Southampton Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam91
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 234
  • Views Views 101K
Good luck, cracking story and layout (i didn't realise how much of your layout i 'copied'! woops) anyways good luck and i will be following

Good luck, cracking story and layout (i didn't realise how much of your layout i 'copied'! woops) anyways good luck and i will be following
Cheers mate, no worries about the layout I'm not fussed :) I'll check your story out now

November

southampton_football_club_19341.jpg

Tough month see's us slip down the table
Great win over Liverpool though!!
Agree deal to sign Kameni

Results

League

Southampton 1 - 1 Newcastle

Lambert

Southampton 3 - 2 Liverpool

Lallana, Sam, Lucas Leiva(og)

View attachment 284514

Southampton 0 - 1 Arsenal

Manchester United 1 - 0 Southampton

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

In a month when we had a really tough run of league matches I was strangely disappointed. We should have beaten Newcastle but they grabbed an 82nd minute equaliser. We smashed Liverpool, but lost undeservedly to Arsenal when Ramsey snatched a winner in the 65th minute, we peppered there goal all game but never managed to grab that much needed goal. Then we had United away where we managed to cling on until the 84th minute when Carrick grabbed the winner on a counter attack from our corner :(

I managed to secure the signing of Malaga keeper Carlos Kameni for £3.5m. Let me know what you think of this deal :)

View attachment 284515

Player of the Month

Jose Fonte

Southampton-v-Fulham-Jose-Fonte-celeb-2-Barcl_2841352.jpg

Been a rock at the back in a difficult run of games

Table

View attachment 284516

Started to slip a bit but we had a hard month, don't think there's any risk of going down and the first 2 seasons will be all about establishing ourselves and improving the squad and young players

I used to go in for Kameni in FM10 methinks as you could get him for £5m or so and he was quality!

Having said that Aitor was definately a better keeper...............................

Good signing, all the stats I rate as priority are high. the only one I would consider a weakness is the average positioning.

Only just got on this story this year :D. Quick tip is in feb-march look to sign mattia destro on a free :D

December

Southampton-v-Burnley-001.jpg

Good league form tails off towards the end of the month
Gaston Ramirez's form very worrying
Wellington Nem more than making up for it
8 Goal thriller versus Chelsea

Results

League

Southampton 1 - 0 Swansea

Sam

West Ham 1 - 2 Southampton

Schneiderlin, Lambert

Reading 0 - 1 Southampton

Rodriguez

View attachment 284761

Southampton 1 - 0 Wigan

Rodriguez

Sunderland 3 - 1 Southampton

Sam

Chelsea 5 - 3 Southampton

Rodriguez, Wellington Nem, Lallana

View attachment 284773

--------------------------------------------------------------

Carling Cup

Brighton 3 - 2 Southampton

Wellington Nem, Lambert

View attachment 284774

------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So honestly I think its a pretty good month for us. Big wins over teams around us will help us maintain a mid table finish. Crazy game against Chelsea but their class shone through in the end, bit of a worrying game against Sunderland but Fletcher tore us apart... I swear he always scores against me :@

Now to talk about our players. I've been thoroughly impressed with Wellington Nem, Adam Lallana, Sidney Sam, Jos Hooiveld, Jose Fonte and Nathaniel Clyne. Gaston Ramirez is really worrying me and will most likely be sold, I wanna see a bit more from Jay Rod but he's done enough so far.

Now onto transfers, I've changed my season expectations to Top Half Finish which has given me £15m to spend this window!! Think I'm gonna bring in a centre midfielder and striker, open to suggestions lads :)

Player of the Month

Wellington Nem

wellington-nem-flu.jpg

Everything good goes through him, decent player

Table

View attachment 284775

Looking goooooooood =]

I know you have probably considered this already but maybe Dzagoev to replace Ramirez, like for like change but free transfer to replace funds brought in from sale. As for a striker maybe try and get Adam Campbell who I heard turns into a sensational poacher and maybe even James McArthur could be taken from Wigan on the cheap with them so low in the table and he is a personal favourite of mine.

Good Luck and KIU :')

I know you have probably considered this already but maybe Dzagoev to replace Ramirez, like for like change but free transfer to replace funds brought in from sale. As for a striker maybe try and get Adam Campbell who I heard turns into a sensational poacher and maybe even James McArthur could be taken from Wigan on the cheap with them so low in the table and he is a personal favourite of mine.

Good Luck and KIU :')
Yeah I've heard Adam Campbell is good, do have him shortlisted but got someone better ;). I'll have a look at McArthur cheers pal

January

article-0-043E625F000005DC-416_468x296.jpg

Make some interesting signings in the window
No big names leave
Mixed bag of results, but crash out of FA Cup

Transfers

View attachment 285000

So my big signing is clearly Erik Lamela. Big fee but this guy looks so classy and could be a Saints legend in a few years. Got Sterling and Romeu in on loan just to add some squad depth. Ademilson was signed and I always planned to sign him after the success I had with him at Blackpool. Kameni was already agreed. Here's screenies of all the new boys.

View attachment 285013View attachment 285009View attachment 285010View attachment 285011View attachment 285012

Results

League

Southampton 3 - 2 Everton

Lambert, Hibert (og), Lallana

View attachment 285004

Manchester City 2 - 2 Southampton

Lallana, Rodriguez

View attachment 285002

Aston Villa 2 - 2 Southampton

Mayuka, Lamela

Southampton 3 - 1 Stoke

Fonte, Lallana, Lamela

-------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup

3rd Round

Wolves 2 - 3 Southampton

Sam(2), Schneiderlin

4th Round

Southampton 0 - 1 Tottenham

-----------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So a hectic month where injuries to Jay Rod, Schneiderlin and Lambert didn't help. We crashed out of the FA Cup against a decent Spurs side, not too upset as now we can fully concentrate on the league. New signing Lamela was brilliant in the 2 games he played bagging 2 awesome goals, the one against Stoke was amazing as I threw him on up front(he's versatile, part of the reason I signed him). Big draw against City in a game which really could have gone either way, but I was unhappy to draw to Villa. We couldn't cope with Benteke and Bent.

Player of the Month

Adam Lallana

Adam-Lallana_2807988.jpg

Awesome once again scoring 3 goals

Table

View attachment 285014

LOL look at Liverpool

February

TN379564_Southampton.jpg

Just 3 games this month
Sterling scores on debut
Disappointing loss to Newcastle

Results

QPR 1 - 3 Southampton

Sam, Ramirez, Sterling

View attachment 285259

Southampton 4 - 2 Norwich

Sam, Ademilson, Turner (og), Schneiderlin

View attachment 285259

Newcastle 2 - 0 Southampton

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So we won 2 out of 3 which isn't bad but we didn't deserve to lose to Newcastle but the simple matter was they took their chances when we didn't. Lamela missed a peno just to **** me off that little bit more. Good wins over QPR and Norwich though where Sterling and Ademilson scored debut goals (Ademilson was away with the Brazil Under 20's when I signed him). Ademilson looks pretty sharp and I think is going to be a big success and I was pleased Sterling could grab a winning goal against Norwich too after Gaston Ramirez had secured us 3 points.

In other news I secured another signing and it was another striker in Mattia Destro!!! Completely free too :)

View attachment 285260

Player of the Month

Sidney Sam

0%20%20%20%20%201-sidney-sam.jpg

Looks better every time he plays for us.

Table

View attachment 285261

Still up there battling away for a Europa League spot!! Liverpool have pulled away from the relegation battle unfortunately lol​

LAMELA ! i signed him at the end of the first season and is an absolute animal

Back