Oh When The Saints Go Marching In - A Southampton Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam91
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 234
  • Views Views 101K
Great start! Awesome signing Destro, he's tearing up Serie A with Napoli for 2014/15 in my San Marino save. Funny because I was reading this then flipped over to FM and found in my inbox that he's been named to the Italy squad and might win his first cap. I compared your screen to how he is in my game and looks like he can really develop.

March

saints_v_scunthorpe_at_st_marys_stadium_pix_andy_scaysbrook_southampton_fc_676698.jpg

Youth Intake!!
Ademilson goes haaaaaaaard this month
Magnificent results this month

Youth Intake

View attachment 285467 View attachment 285468

Andy Savage looks pretty decent and Rodney Nelson looks okay. No-one to get mega excited about, maybe Savage could break into the first team.

Results

Liverpool 2 - 4 Southampton

Lallana, Agger (og), Ademilson(2)

View attachment 285472

Southampton 3 - 2 Fulham

Lallana(2), Schneiderlin

Southampton 3 - 2 Manchester United

Lamela, Ademilson, Sterling

View attachment 285475

Southampton 3 - 1 West Brom

Clyne, Ademilson(2)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

WOW!!! Some insane results there, obviously the United game really stands out. Firstly the Liverpool game, just wow really Ademilson showing some real classiness and would have had a hat trick but Agger slid in on him and the ball went into his own net. Next up the Fulham match in which we were actually 3-0 up and nearly threw it away but managed to hold on, Lallana scoring 2 identical goals with Sterling bombing down the right crossing deep to Lallana who smashed it home.

Then the United game, just WOW went 3-0 up and Lamela's goal was just amazing running from the halfway line then crashing home into the top corner from just outside the box. Then Ademilson scored a trademark goal being played in by Lamela and slotting home easily. Sterling then scored a tap in, but Rooney scored twice quickly and even got a third but was a mile offside ;).

Player of the Month

Ademilson

Paulo-Sport-Campeonato-Brasileiro-Ademilson_LANIMA20120805_0107_26.jpg

Goals, goals, goals!!! 5 in 4 games!!

Table

View attachment 285482

Wow... if we win our game in hand we go fourth!!!

Ademilson is an amazing player. On my Arsenal game Giroud was injured so he missed one game so I gave a start to Ademilson and he's been my main striker since. 3 goals in 3 games.

Ademilson is an amazing player. On my Arsenal game Giroud was injured so he missed one game so I gave a start to Ademilson and he's been my main striker since. 3 goals in 3 games.
Ademilson is amazing, forcing Lambert and Jay Rod out and with Destro coming in the summer I don't see a future for either of them to be honest!! Maybe Jay Rod but not Lambert

you got destro coming on a free ?? If so awsome. Second season i sold Lambert for £5mil and JayRod for £12.5 :D

April

A+young+Southampton+fan+celebrates+his+teams+promotion+to+the+premier+league

Keep on winning as the other big clubs falter!!
Lamela is a boss
Thrilling game against Arsenal

Results

Arsenal 2 - 4 Southampton

Lallana(2), Ademilson, Schneiderlin

View attachment 285871

Swansea 0 - 3 Southampton

Sam, Wellington Nem, Sterling

Southampton 0 - 1 Tottenham

Southampton 3 - 2 West Ham

Sam(2), Lamela

View attachment 285874

Wigan 0 - 1 Southampton

Rodriguez

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

WOW, what a run of games. Okay we lost to Spurs but they're really good this year and it was only by one and we were pretty bad there. But all the others just wow, what a result against Arsenal that pushed us up to 4th. Our wins over Swansea and Wigan relegated both sides and I'm pretty shocked to see them down there!! A stunning game against West Ham was won thanks to Lamela's late goal and when you see the table your'll see how important a goal that was. Sidney Sam's two goals were almost identical with Raheem Sterling bombing down the right and crossing in for Sam to tap home.

Player of the Month

Raheem Sterling

SNN1903AXZ---620_1586623a.jpg

4 assists and a goal this month and his performances were so important. He's been fantastic and a master-stroke of a deadline day deal. Will certainly look into getting him again next season either on loan or permenant.

Table

View attachment 285876

Holy shitballs, 3rd... I never in a million years thought we'd be this high first season but whilst we've been plugging away winning teams around us just seem to falter and lose to silly teams!!

Our last 2 games are against Reading and Sunderland both at home... surely 3rd is ours??​

Post your first team in the end of season report? And if you get 3rd (which I'm sure you will) I'm looking forward to next years budget.

May and End of Season Awards

Champions-League-2012.jpg

(Will Saints fans be hearing the famous tune next season?)

Thrilling game against Reading
Jay Rod to the rescue!!
Did we secure thrid?

Results

Southampton 5 - 3 Reading

Rodriguez(4), Lamela

View attachment 285939

Southampton 1 - 0 Sunderland

View attachment 285940

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Season Table and Player Stats

View attachment 285941 View attachment 285942

YES!!!!! Third was ours, what a ****** season. Honestly think my January transfers done it, Lamela was amazing and Sterling was a game changer at times. Berba went goal mad for Fulham. Jose Fonte was a boss at the back for us too.

Southampton Squad

View attachment 285943 View attachment 285944

Our two centre backs were amazing, but I think as we're going to be in the Champions League next year its an area that needs strengthening. Jay Rod was immense with 21 goals and will stay for another year as the fans love him apparently. Lamela was awesome and looks like a real talent, same goes for Ademilson. As you can also see I heavily favoured Luke Shaw at Left Back and he was really really impressive considering his age, JWP didn't get as much game time as I would have hoped.

At the other end Kameni has been **** and cost us some points in certain games with some weird keeping and I will certainly replace him in the window. Adryan didn't get enough game time but was injured for around 3 months in total this year and with Wellington Nem, Ramirez and Lamela all in his position I will look to play him some more in a Centre Mid role rotating with Jack Cork who did okay I suppose.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awards

None of our players won individual awards some home but Lallana did make the Team of the Year!!! With Fonte on the bench.

View attachment 285945

I did come second in the Manager of the Year though!!

View attachment 285946

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Southampton Player Awards

Player of the Season

Adam Lallana

View attachment 285947

Why? Because he got a very decent amount of goals along with assists. Also pretty consistent.

Young Player of the Season

Luke Shaw

View attachment 285948

17, this kid is 17 and has been a mainstay in a newly promoted side and helped them qualify for the Champions League. Also clocked up 4 assists.

Thats all folks!!!! Until pre season :D going to be interesting to see how much money I get to spend

Pre Season tomorrow laads managed to spend over £50m!!!

Brilliant effort in the 1st season... competing with the big boys now lol! Hope you can keep the challenge next year and break into the top 2!! KUTGW

Jayyysus what a season could you link up to your tactic its ****** amazing

Jayyysus what a season could you link up to your tactic its ****** amazing
Cheers mate, I do tinker it a bit depending on who I'm playing I can't post it now as it would give away my signings but I'll include it in the pre season update :)

Brilliant effort in the 1st season... competing with the big boys now lol! Hope you can keep the challenge next year and break into the top 2!! KUTGW
Cheers man but we got very lucky last year, yes we had some superb results like the one over United but the teams around us flopped hugely in the last 2 months which was the only reason we managed 3rd :)

Back