Oh When The Saints Go Marching In - A Southampton Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam91
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 234
  • Views Views 101K
January

Sky-Sports-News-on-Transf-001.jpg

(Jim White getting the shock news of Southampton's huge deal)

Falcao moves to the BPL but to who??
Make some niiiiice signings!!
****** WORK PERMITS
Spectacular month of results

Transfers

View attachment 289294

So I didn't get Falcao :( I had an offer accepted of £37m but he wouldn't even talk to me :( :(. He went to City in the end. BUT who needs Falcao when you have Ademilson hey ;). I snapped up Jakub Blaszcykowski from Dortmund for a very good fee in my opinion, also got Pepe from Madrid to sure up the defense as I don't want to be caught short and have to rely on my 17 and 16 year old back ups like earlier, they're good but its asking a bit much and even though Pepe is 30 he's still a top class defender. Also got Bertrand in to provide some competition for Luke Shaw and a bit of experience even though he is 24, also he can play in the Left Wing role too. Got a young midfielder from Sheffield United. I also agreed a deal to sign Merkel on a free and he's joining in the summer :)

On the departures Jay Rod has gone on loan with a HUGE monthly fee coming in with the view of a permanent move if Norwich want. Mayuka also left too on loan.

View attachment 289300View attachment 289301View attachment 289302View attachment 289303View attachment 289304

Now I also agreed a fee for a very very decent Brazilian centre mid... but couldn't get a work permit!!!! Here's a screenie of this beast!!

View attachment 289295

League

Arsenal 0 - 2 Southampton

Ademilson(2)

View attachment 289306

Southampton 3 - 2 QPR

Adryan, Hooiveld, Ademilson

Southampton 3 - 1 Aston Villa

Lamela(2), Vlaar(og)

Southampton 1 - 1 Manchester United

Pepe

View attachment 289308

Liverpool 0 - 1 Southampton

Lallana

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup

Semi Final 1st Leg

Southampton 3 - 3 Tottenham

Blaszcykowski, Ademilson(2)

Semi Final 2nd Leg

Tottenham 1 - 5 Southampton

Blaszcykowski(3), Wellington Nem, Destro

View attachment 289310

WOOP Newcastle in the final

----------------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup

Southampton 4 - 1 MK Dons

Rodriguez, Moreau, Ademilson, Schneiderlin

Millwall 1 - 4 Southampton

Blaszcykowski, Destro(2), Pasko

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

A really good month and some really special results against Spurs and Arsenal. I used my Counter tactic in both and it just seems to work against the big boys. Jakub Blaszcykowski has come in and looks a snip at £7.25m and Pepe has been a boss at the back also bagging an all important goal against United. The QPR game was bizzare as we were 3-0 up after 30 mins but just collapsed and nearly gave it away.

Had easy draws in the FA Cup and Pasko scored his first senior goal against Millwall!!

Player of the Month

Jakub Blaszcykowski

_60864531_polrushighlightsstill.png

5 Goals in 7 games for the new boy and Sterling faces a fight getting back into the side

Table

View attachment 289293

Still level with City and the game against them will be HUUUGE​

Last edited:
Great January signings man! How is Luke Shaw getting on for you? I had a save going with Saints in FM12 and he was my starter from the first season and he was great even at 21.

Great January signings man! How is Luke Shaw getting on for you? I had a save going with Saints in FM12 and he was my starter from the first season and he was great even at 21.
Yeah Pepe and Blaszcykowski have been pretty immense so far. Luke Shaw is doing well and has been a starter but I really like Bertrand and plus he can mentor Shaw. Luke Shaw was amazing for me on my Saints save last year too, seems a really good player if you develop him properly

Glad you didnt sign Falcao! Destro and Ademilson are young and only going to improve but Falcao must be at least 30 in your save and will only get worse and you will never recoup your money. Brilliant story! Keep it up

Glad you didnt sign Falcao! Destro and Ademilson are young and only going to improve but Falcao must be at least 30 in your save and will only get worse and you will never recoup your money. Brilliant story! Keep it up
Only in my second season mate so he certainly would have been useful, but Ademilson is bossing it to be fair!!! Thanks man :)

February

Southampton.jpg

Capital One Cup Final versus Newcastle
Lose to Stoke
First Leg in the Champs League Knockout Stage

League

West Ham 2 - 5 Southampton

Blaszczykowski, Adryan(2), Destro, Ademilson

View attachment 289450

Southampton 2 - 0 Norwich

Lamela(2)

Southampton 2 - 0 Bolton

Blaszczykowski(2)

Stoke 1 - 0 Southampton

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup

5th Round

Southampton 5 - 2 Aston Villa

Adryan(3), Sterling(2)

View attachment 289460

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League

First Knockout Round 1st Leg

Southampton 3 - 1 Galatasaray

Lamela, Shaw, Ademilson

View attachment 289461

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup Final

Line Ups

View attachment 289463

Newcastle 0 - 2 Southampton

Lamela, Blaszczykowski

View attachment 289464

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Special month as I won my first trophy :) a solid win over Newcastle with Lamela pulling all the stings which he's done all year. Had to play Blaszczykowski up front as Destro and Ademilson both picked up knocks this month but he filled in great. Good wins over West Ham, Norwich and Bolton. Tough game against Stoke as the boys had an off day :(

Such a tough game against Galatasaray and the sending off changed everything with Shaw scoring his first ever Southampton goal, Ademilson's late goal could prove vital.

Player of the Month

Erik Lamela

lamela-real-life.jpg

Notched up 4 goals this month and bags of assists, such a good player.

Table

View attachment 289485

Still top, could we do it???​

Couldn't upload your tactics for me could you? Been absolutely tearing my hair out because I'm losing every game on my Southampton save. Followed your signings for the first season, Followed your tactics but absolutely nothing is working. Also, Leverkusen want 16 million for Sidney Sam on mine. All my vital players get injured a few games into the season and keep being out for like 2-3 weeks at a time, It's really starting to annoy me. What am I doing wrong?

But brilliant story dude! thoroughly enjoyed and you did so well to get champions league football in your first season! Excellent stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Well done on the first trophy Sam, I think that you will be given a tough ride for the title by City. Good luck though

Reckon you can get the title here. What an achievement that would be! Good luck matee :)

Couldn't upload your tactics for me could you? Been absolutely tearing my hair out because I'm losing every game on my Southampton save. Followed your signings for the first season, Followed your tactics but absolutely nothing is working. Also, Leverkusen want 16 million for Sidney Sam on mine. All my vital players get injured a few games into the season and keep being out for like 2-3 weeks at a time, It's really starting to annoy me. What am I doing wrong?

But brilliant story dude! thoroughly enjoyed and you did so well to get champions league football in your first season! Excellent stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Reckon you can get the title here. What an achievement that would be! Good luck matee :)
Would be amazing, gonna be sooo tight between us and City will come down to the match against them I think!!

Well done on the first trophy Sam, I think that you will be given a tough ride for the title by City. Good luck though
Cheers dude, pretty easy as I had a good run of teams but always good to win your first trophy :) City are immense but I'm very surprised United are so far behind considering they have Neymar now!!

Thanks in advance!
Hi :)

The thing is I use different tactics against certain teams, I play my normal 4-2-3-1 Control, Very fluid against sides I think I can control the game against and my Counter Rigid 4-2-3-1(holding midfielders) against the bigger teams and it works a treat. If you want me to post screenies of it thats fine let me know. Sidney Sam was transfer listed maybe thats why I got him cheap.

Would be amazing, gonna be sooo tight between us and City will come down to the match against them I think!!

Cheers dude, pretty easy as I had a good run of teams but always good to win your first trophy :) City are immense but I'm very surprised United are so far behind considering they have Neymar now!!

Hi :)

The thing is I use different tactics against certain teams, I play my normal 4-2-3-1 Control, Very fluid against sides I think I can control the game against and my Counter Rigid 4-2-3-1(holding midfielders) against the bigger teams and it works a treat. If you want me to post screenies of it thats fine let me know. Sidney Sam was transfer listed maybe thats why I got him cheap.

Would love it if you could maybe PM me screenies of each of your tactics? That would be great, Oh I see. Well yeah Saints are in desperate need of a Right attacker straight from the go, Puncheon isn't too good. But I can never seem to get a decent buy from the transfer list. Oh well, Thanks in advance!.

Would love it if you could maybe PM me screenies of each of your tactics? That would be great, Oh I see. Well yeah Saints are in desperate need of a Right attacker straight from the go, Puncheon isn't too good. But I can never seem to get a decent buy from the transfer list. Oh well, Thanks in advance!.
View attachment 289768 View attachment 289769

There they are mate, couldnt PM them wouldnt let me. If you're struggling then use the counter, I'm starting the heavily favour it myself. As for a RW sign Wellington Nem for £3.5m and play him there. Also try and get Sterling on loan

View attachment 289768 View attachment 289769

There they are mate, couldnt PM them wouldnt let me. If you're struggling then use the counter, I'm starting the heavily favour it myself. As for a RW sign Wellington Nem for £3.5m and play him there. Also try and get Sterling on loan

Awesome!, Thank you very much. Also sorry to be a pain, Do you set any training stuff and also, Did you use the monthly installments to sign all the big signings in January? Lamela etc etc.

Thank you for all your time!

sorry to be a pain but could you post a link to where you got your facepack from

great story

Awesome!, Thank you very much. Also sorry to be a pain, Do you set any training stuff and also, Did you use the monthly installments to sign all the big signings in January? Lamela etc etc.

Thank you for all your time!
Yep used monthly installments. Training I use individual training on some players to improve certain stats and my club training thing I use 1 coach on each section using them in the best one if you get me.

sorry to be a pain but could you post a link to where you got your facepack from

great story
Sortitoutsi.net

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH check you with your 5 star rating - is it only us with that accolade for FM13? Well deserved anyways.

I think that skin looks ace but everytime I play with it it does my head in lol

Saints fans would be in paradise if was real life!
I know man!! Lol

Had a rough March though..

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH check you with your 5 star rating - is it only us with that accolade for FM13? Well deserved anyways.

I think that skin looks ace but everytime I play with it it does my head in lol
Haha cheers, yeah think it is just us so far.

Yeah I love it but gonna change it back to the normal one I think

March

Gast-n-Ram-rez--008.jpg

Get a good RB in the Youth Intake
Month full of ups and downs
Draw City in the Quarters of the Champions League

League

Southampton 1 - 2 Chelsea

Wellington Nem

Southampton 2 - 3 Tottenham

Wellington Nem, Destro

View attachment 290025

Southampton 4 - 1 West Brom

Ademilson, Olsson(og), Hooiveld, Destro

Everton 1 - 1 Southampton

Hooiveld

Burnley 1 - 4 Southampton

Sterling(2), Destro(2)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League

First Knockout Round 2nd Leg

Galatasaray 1 - 2 Southampton

Moreau, Sterling

View attachment 290026

City await in the next round, and if we beat them then we have either United or CSKA Moscow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup

6th Round

Southampton 2 - 2 Manchester City

Sterling, Ademilson

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Mixed month, the Chelsea game was always going to be tough and Lamela missed a peno. The Spurs game was bullshit, one of those FM13 games I suppose. Everton scored a last minute equaliser too. Smashed West Brom and Burnley though. Good win over Galatasaray though, Sterling has been smashing them in this month. Also missed out on a huge chance to beat City in the FA Cup as they had Richards sent off in the 35th minute.

Had our youth intake and got a decent looking right back. Also signed a young English striker, here's screenies :D

View attachment 290029 View attachment 290030

Lallana got injured and missed most of the month, Sterling also picked up a knock in the last game of this month and will miss the first leg of the champions league :(

Player of the Month

Raheem Sterling

Raheem+Sterling+X0RBMxCAsKYm.jpg

Goals galore!!

Table

View attachment 290031

Still top after dropping loads of points as the teams around us had mixed results too!!​

Back