Tony Mowbray

Thats true but e got a decent amount to spend. Not sure exactly how much he spent tho Jan VoH and Nakamure was £5 Million plus.

Thats true but e got a decent amount to spend. Not sure exactly how much he spent tho Jan VoH and Nakamure was £5 Million plus.

And how much has Mowbray spent? And what have we gotten in return? Let's face it; at least Strachan could get a mediocum of talent to the club and make it play well. Mowbray can't get talent (Keane, maybe. He's done ****** all so far), nor can he make what he has play well.

Mowbray spent £4Million on Fortune for a start but Stachan was way more succesfull in the transfer market.

Fair but he also got a few bargains too,Boruc,Mcdonald,Robson,McCourt,Caldwell were all pretty cheap and done well at SPL level,Suppose every manager will sign a dud or two,We got Lafferty for 3.5 million,No wonder we're skint

I am a celtic fan and i am going to the game on sat although not looking forward to it. I just feel that he has lost the dressing room. Like a lot of you have been saying the team have no team harmony. Although i wanted Keane at parkhead i feel he has been brought in as shaddow pupet. Trying to divert the celtic fans eyes away from the real truth that celtic are terrible. We cant defend. My mate was saying we should give him until end of season but by that time we could end up been third in the league and i am not kidding. Mowbry has a worse record than the famous John Barnes 65% win rate for barnes which wasnt bad he just lost the dressing room and a little matter of the exit to inverness calley in the scottish cup lol. I was a big fan of Mowbry before he came up but i do believe he is bad manager. I mean the guy played defence how can he not be able to sort out this defence. I will never say never until rangers are crowned champions. Will allways follow them (depends on how the money is next year with season book) but we have to play much better either that or just play with the ball between the midfields and forwards and dont let the ball reach our defence lol.

AC milan paid 10million for donati not 17. and he was contantly shipped out on loan cos he failed to fulfil his potential..... a shocking signing by strachan and to be honest its a stroke of genius that mowbray could even get a fee for him

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

Mowbray is simply out of his depth at celtic, he is one of those managers that can work well on a low budget (he only ever spent 105k at hibs on Rob Jones and Ivan Sproule) but the moment he gets a bit to spend he gets carried away. £3.5 for fortune is a joke and as for this superstar Korean boy he paid £2m for? Thats just peter lawell trying to sell more jerseys in the far east.

Also selling a left back he has only just signed and replacing him with a loan signing who has every intention of going back to bayern munich at the end of the season is hardly long term planning, i feel he is just trying to limit the damage before walking at the end of the season.

And finally... Robbie Keane isnt a mowbray signing, peter lawell signed him and made it clear he had been tracking him long before mowbray arrived, he is quite simply a show off signing, something to say to rangers "your in debt but look what we can afford" well i'm sorry but no striker in the SPL will ever merit 65k a week, even if he does score in every game which keane hasnt.

Mowbray must be having nightmares about this job now? He seems devoid of ideas when things go wrong on the park and his defence is truly awful,feel sorry for him because he was 3rd choice for the job after Coyle and Martinez but it seems Lawell is running the show andnot the manager?

From another thread, concerning the 2-1 loss to HIbs:

How on earth can people be disgusted with Mowbray?

It's these same people that moaned at O'niell's tactics that won 4/5 SPL's and got us to Seville - then the moan when he leaves. Same with Strachan: the man wins three titles on the bounce and still is riducled. Ok Rangers were but you still need to gain the points to win the league. You win the league on your on merit and I like Strachan and feel he merited his success.

Now I understand that TM has a worse record than Le Guen, he's been poorer than Barnes, but come on give the guy a chance he's not even had 2 transfer windows! He's building a team and that's what we need - stability. Like he said, "Come back to me in a year and we'll see where this team is."

The big man is going to be the first Hoops manager for years to leave his successor with a good team.
Barnes came in and the team couldn't string two passes together.
Jansen was left with a pile a' pish.
O'nie;; was left a poor and demoralised squad.
O'niell left Strachan old has-been that he was too loyal too.
Strachan left Mowbray a team lacking character, authority and depth.

This is still Strachan's team, 'Mogga' has only signed 3/4 players that will actually play immediately:
Fortune,Rasmussen, Zhi, Hoovield, (and Fox but he's leaving). Mowbray is building for the future, as you can see with the like of Rogne and Josh Thomson.

Celtic and Rangers should do what Ajax do:

i) Don't expect instant success
ii) Give the manager time, money and confidence to make his mark on the team
iii) Be content with a Cup or 2 in the first 2/3 years
iv) Let a promising young team develop into something special
v) Run riot in the league for 4 years or so
vi) Sell them all on for a massive profit
vii) Invest some of the profits in youth and start it all again

So come on, have some patience and trust, them man is only 1/10th of the way through a 5 year-plan. Sack him now and we're back to square 1.

In Tony I trust, Hail Hail.
(H) (Y)

We made the wrong choice to bring in Mowbray wel need to think bigger at the end of the season if he leaves.