Tony Mowbray

Although im a Celtic fan Kris makes a fair point,
we wont get anyone as Scottish football is ***** overall
we wont get into the epl so we can give up just now
the days are comming when Aberdeen, Hearts & Hibs are gonna challenge :(.
On Mowbray though we could have done alot better espeically for £2millon
i dont hate him but he wants Celtic to play a certain way,
and with the squad he has no **** has a clue
my question remains,
£4millon on one player, why :mad:?

I thought the Croatia boss was interested? Someone like John Hughes or Craig Levein should have been given the chance.

JP Mowbray is a former Hibs man. Thats hatred right away :)

yeh Slaven Bilic even went as far as to phone up the real radio phone in because celtic wouldn't return his calls!!! why, we could have at least given him an interview. plus he could have attracted some good croats, he would be on low wages, why not.

im a fan

we are really poor at the mo but hoping thing will get beter:p

he will need to spend big in jan

2 cbs 1st couple of mid

I hate John Barnes. Absalutely dispise him.(Yes I am bitter).

Mowbray doesnt have the experience Celtic need. We need a manager who can spot players. Who knows quality when he sees it. £4Million for Fortune what a joke.

To be hoest I'm not complaining about the money we are geting its how we are speding it. We are throwing it away.

Loevens £3Mil
Brown £4.4Mil
Fortune £4 Mil
Samaras £2 Mil

Hardly able to keep up with most leagues in europe but the Scottish league is doing well for the population of the country so take that into accout when comparing it with the EPL.

I hate him too. He doesn't know what he's doing and he only got the job, because they rushed into finding a new manager.. I mean he's known for his "nice football" but at the end of the day, he failed at West Brom and is failing at Celtic.. Nice football isn't enough, you need to win!

well said Aannddyy
Gordon Strachen wasnt the most exciting manager ever
but we still won games
he has to get a grip
give brown and mcdonald a right kick up the ****
imo the board will give him **** all in Jan
and he'll be given until next December at the very least 6Millon (fortune - mowbray) wasted ******* useless
get Hughes, Coyle or even gamble on Larsson and Lubo, we'd atleast win i bet.
Anyone else noticed Celtic play as indeviduals and not a team

If you guys can't win the league this season against as poor a Rangers team as i've ever seen Mowbray should get the sack!
Can't believe you hired him over the likes of Bilic no wonder you're cracking up!
Doesn't always work though we got Le Guen and that didn't last too long!

We've needed a new LB, a new CB and a new FC for ages now, yet Mowbray loans out O'dea, who is arguably our best defender, keeps Mcmanus as captain ( the quietest captain I've ever heard, or not heard to be honest:p), buys Danny fox who hardly set the world alight at Coventry, and blows our whole budget on Fortune, who has scored how many??
The old firm are losing their fear factor up here, any team who has a go can get a result as they are so frail at the back.

What Mowbray should do:

1) Sell Mcmanus, Naylor, maybe Caldwell, Brown, Maloney, McGeady, Brown, Samaras and McDonald. These guys are all over-paid and over-rated.

2) Give youth a chance. Players like Scott Fox, Milan Misun, Mark Millar, Paul McGowan, Paul Caddis, Charlie Grant, Simon Ferry, Luca Santonocito and Carlo Monti are all young boys, most of them Scottish, who have potential and would without a doubt run their heart out for the club they've supported all their life.

3) Don't make promises you can't keep. Has anyone seen our football recently?

4) Attack. If you accept our team can't defend, then at least make sure we can do well at one end. Whoever scores the most wins the game, a philosophy that Rangers seem to be unfamiliar with - particularly in Europe.

5) Be wiser in the Transfer Market. Two young, British, good young defenders in John Kennedy and Darren O'Dea have been loaned out for in the last window, and they can't be any worse than what we have just now.

Anything I've missed? :)

Sorry but i have to laugh at how you have all turned on Brown....Finally

I have been trying to tell people about him for years now. he is a headless chicken and a bottler with no talent. Everyone loves him because he gets stuck in but so what? He has had half a season in his three years? at Celtic and cost about 4m

He was the same at Hibs. Why should anyone fear the old firm? It's been coming for a few years now. If only Romanov would give Lazslo some money

Sorry but i have to laugh at how you have all turned on Brown....Finally

I have been trying to tell people about him for years now. he is a headless chicken and a bottler with no talent. Everyone loves him because he gets stuck in but so what? He has had half a season in his three years? at Celtic and cost about 4m

He was the same at Hibs. Why should anyone fear the old firm? It's been coming for a few years now. If only Romanov would give Lazslo some money
Doesn't really matter how much money you have,you'd never attract the required quality of player these days cos most players view our league as small time,the old firm can only sign total donkeys what chance have other teams got!
You're better concentrating on the likes of wallace,glen,driver,mcgowan ,jonsson and keeping the nucleus of the team,if michael stewart can keep his cool i reckon Hearts have a good chance of doing something this year?

yeah i agree with some people on here, samaras was **** at man city, he is weak now he is playing against crappy defences (no offense kris ) he is doing wonders, i have liked hearts though because i love eastern european players and they have plenty of them, i also used to live next to ruben palazuelos, he was stayin in bristol about 7-8 years ago because he was on trial with swindon or someone

Samaras is the epitamy of the hot and cold player,when he's interested he's ****** frightning,pace,power,two-footed strong in the air but when he's not he looks as if he's never even seen a football!
Celtic have good players but like a lot of the guys on here said mowbray is the manager,he's the guy who sends them out on the pitch with the instructions,they don't become that bad overnight,the manager has to take a lot of the blame?
I've never been a fan of Scott Brown,you can go to sunday league football and see any madman chase a lost cause into the corner flag,it's what you do with the ball that counts,i know a lot of Hoops fans who think we got the better deal with Kevin Thomson?(although Kris won't like him for being a former Hibs captain!!);)

i think the spl is a little bit stupid though, i mean teams like hearts hibs and aberdeen challenge sometimes, but really its the old firm who dominate that league, same can be said about the epl, everyone supports the big four and they have dominated football, but now teams like man city sunderland everton villa and even the spuds are challenging for the big four, could be a whole new big four this year

Yeah with any luck it does tend to get a bit boring when it's always the same teams,this year could be different in the SPL though a lot of teams are getting closer to the old firm,Celtic fans are turning on Mowbray because of a poor start by their standards,Rangers are in disarray with the fianancial situation affecting the team so there might be a surprise this year up here????????

yeah i agree with some people on here, samaras was **** at man city, he is weak now he is playing against crappy defences (no offense kris ) he is doing wonders, i have liked hearts though because i love eastern european players and they have plenty of them, i also used to live next to ruben palazuelos, he was stayin in bristol about 7-8 years ago because he was on trial with swindon or someone

Lol none taken. You cannot be watching him up here either because he is terrible. Ruben is terrible. He plays one good game for every ten we play

Samaras is the epitamy of the hot and cold player,when he's interested he's ****** frightning,pace,power,two-footed strong in the air but when he's not he looks as if he's never even seen a football!
Celtic have good players but like a lot of the guys on here said mowbray is the manager,he's the guy who sends them out on the pitch with the instructions,they don't become that bad overnight,the manager has to take a lot of the blame?
I've never been a fan of Scott Brown,you can go to sunday league football and see any madman chase a lost cause into the corner flag,it's what you do with the ball that counts,i know a lot of Hoops fans who think we got the better deal with Kevin Thomson?(although Kris won't like him for being a former Hibs captain!!);)

HA HA! Used to hate him obviously but he is a cracking player. Hopefully he will get back to his best

Yeah with any luck it does tend to get a bit boring when it's always the same teams,this year could be different in the SPL though a lot of teams are getting closer to the old firm,Celtic fans are turning on Mowbray because of a poor start by their standards,Rangers are in disarray with the fianancial situation affecting the team so there might be a surprise this year up here????????

Could see Hibs do something this year...which worries me

lets give him untill jan when he brings some more of his own players in but if he doesnt bring in a cd then
bye bye had ur chance...........