One City, One Club, One Love - A Newcastle United Story

Major irritation - I forgot to do the real name fix again so the German national team isn't working. That is ******* annoying.

If I fix it again will it come back in game?

Or in time will the senior team be regens?

Anyone know?

Still carrying on with the save though. Almost at the start of the new season and it has been a crazy summer so far!

You should be able to apply the fix and German NT will populate with real players once the next International call ups happen. I've applied the fix mid-save and it works.

1578515446615.png

PRE-SEASON POST

This summer will go down in history in this save as I finally stepped up to the plate and challenged the big boys in transfers. I spent a whopping £278m (£6m more than Man Utd) but in order to do so I sold £232m but there is still more sales to be done.

Sign more English players I said - I certainly did that - but how could I improve a championship winning side? Well I pretty much sold all of my backup players and replaced them with a higher level of player and whereas before there wasn't much competition for places there certainly is now.

I will post my players out as usual but I will do my incomings a bit differently.........…..

--

PLAYERS OUT

players out.png

out2.png

Look at that list carefully. One name should jump out. Robbie Ward. Who? Precisely. He was an average youth intake player who I loaned out to Crewe and then Huddersfield and when he came back he was valued at £8.75m so I thought I would keep him around and be our 3rd/4th choice striker. Then Wolves came in with a rediculous offer which I had to accept. Here he is......
ward.png

Now onto the other players. I was half thinking of selling Willems when Man Utd shoved in an offer so he went for £55m. He was excellent for me and it is a £48m profit. He played 91 games and scored 1 goal for us.

I raked in £36m for Cristian Pavon as I had a RW already coming in. That is over £30m in profit and he played 67 times and scored 12 goals. Another player to leave due to an incoming player was Luka Ivanusec (73apps, 14gls) and he joined Southampton for £34m. I really liked Ivanusec but his game time was limited and I raked in a £20m profit.

Its a fond farewell to Miguel Almiron (112apps, 22gls) also. He had reached his peak and I had my eye on someone else so I sold him at a cut price £15.75m. I had been offered double that 6 months before but I didnt want to stand in his way. Another South American leaving is Alfredo Morelos (100apps, 29gls) and the £15m fee to Bournemouth meant I made a loss! His contract was due to expire so I decided to cash in.

Eric Bailly was also sold at a loss but that was always going to happen while I sold a **** of a lot of U23 players with Lewis Ferguson and Marcos Paulo being the standout players I suppose.

Now the deadline has passed but it is in mid July as the season is starting early due to the winter World Cup and by the end of the European window one more player will definately be gone while one other might go depending if he returns from injury.

Rejected deals...….

Arsenal bid £53m for Onana
West Ham bid £40m for Matty Longstaff

--

PLAYERS IN

Where to start? At the beginning? How novel! Well my pre-arranged player was Allan Saint-Maximin's replacement and it was the pre-contract deal to sign Federico Chiesa from Fiorentina. The Italian international can play naturally on the right or the left and he will be a huge asset. You cant complain when you get a £67m player for free!
chiesa.png

I then moved for 2 transfer listed players who were brought in before the takeover. I couldnt believe it when I saw that Tammy Abraham was transfer listed for £12.25m and even more surprised when I seen that Hannibal Mejbri was up for sale for just £4.5m at Man Utd. To get a wonderkid that cheap is a major coup although I have loaned him out to get experience. Abraham was brought in to be my backup striker (that would soon change lol) and being English was an added bonus.
abraham.png

mejbri.png

Then the takeover happened although that didnt effect my transfer budget and this was when I thought I would cash in on Willems. I had a £20m deal arranged for a French left back but then I noticed a player transfer listed who I was furious at missing when Chelsea signed him last summer and that was for Renan Lodi. I paid Chelsea £34.5m to bring in the left back and he is every bit as good as Chilwell in my eyes and now my LB slot looks seriously strong.
lodi.png

Then I brought in one of my long term targets in Jude Bellingham from Birmingham City for £16m which is a great deal for an English wonderkid. I reacted to other clubs bidding for him and made my move and in he came. At only 18y/o he has plenty of time on his side but he will be my backup AMC even though he isnt a natural there as I have plenty of CMs already.
bellers.png

Another long term target came in next and that was Ben Godfrey of Norwich City for £38m. He is a top quality player who I think will fit into my system perfectly as a ball playing defender and will probably replace Lascelles in my first XI. I should say that me wanting to buy English players isnt for the national team as being a Scot I hope they crash and burn I just wanted more domestic players in my squad.
godfrey.png

And then we had deadline day and I did a thorough search (over 2 hours) and came up with a young French striker who will be in my U23s but my squad wasnt complete and I had over £150m left to spend. I had 2 strikers so did I bring in a 3rd and sell Bozenik or do I just stick with him. I had 3 wingers so needed to bring in 1 more and had 2 long term targets but I couldnt decide on which one even after comparing them so what was I to do?

SPEND THE MONEY ON ALL 3!!!!!

Firstly the striker and I brought in Gabriel Jesus from Man City for a rediculously cheap £20m. He was transfer listed and although I had Abraham I thought this was a deal that was too good to turn down. Silva had a poor 2nd half to the season so this increased competition may inspire him.
jesus.png

I couldnt afford all 3 without taking a bit out of future transfer budgets so I have committed £20m in the next 2 summers to bring in my 2 targets who I couldnt split and I am so excited at getting them both. Firstly from Borussia Dortmund for £81m came Jadon Sancho. Yes he is English but he is also a world class player and at only 22 will be a key player for years to come. With him on the left and Chiesa on the right (Dembele as backup) we are definitely stronger and I cant wait to see how he gets on.
sancho.png

So who could I bring in who was just as good as Sancho and who I couldnt decide which one to go for? Well that was a certain Ansu Fati from Barcelona and I brought in the 19y/o for £70m. I had him in my Bilbao save and he was excellent as a 16y/o so I have brought him in here expecting him to be even better and being younger he can develop into a truly world class player. He and Sancho will have a right battle for the left wing spot.
fati.png

So there you have it. I also brought in some fodder for the U23s on free transfers who dont deserve a screenshot.

--

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY

Now this would have been huge. So huge that Ward would have stayed, Matty Longstaff would possibly have been sold and whisper it - I WOULD HAVE CHANGED FORMATION!!!!!! Paul Pogba left Man Utd on a free transfer and I agreed a contract with him as it was too good a chance to turn down but unfortunately he joined PSG instead.

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

It looks amazing tbh. In my first XI Godfrey will replace Lascelles while on the left of the pitch I will have to decide between Chilwell and Renan Lodi at left back and Sancho and Fati at left wing. Chiesa comes in as my RW while Bellingham, as mentioned above, will be my new backup AMC.

Attachments

• out2.png
    out2.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 98
What. A. Summer. Can't believe this, what a solid youth core to build around for years to come! I smell more glory!

Wow, that's some transfer window. Some absolute bargains! £40m for ward looks like daylight robbery looking at the stats ?‍♂️?

That is a summer and a half that is!! Hopefully with the added competiotion in the squad this could help you push on for the CL!

Excited to see how this plays out!

1578592250133.png

Jimmy Lawrence
1904-22
Goalkeeper
496 apps

Lawrence won 1 league title and 1 FA Cup in his 18 years at the club and 1 solitary cap for Scotland. He has the record for most appearances at Newcastle.

JULY

FA Community Shield
bmth.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Renan Lodi (Chilwell), Tonali, Palacios (Bellingham), Dembele (Lee Kang-In), Olmo, Chiesa, Silva*

A nice way to kick off a domestic season. This was the weekend before the transfer window closed so there was no Fati, Sancho or Gabriel Jesus. Chiesa got us off to a flyer with a debut goal after 2min and Silva finished them off. Renan Lodi got the nod at left back and quickly got injured and is out for a couple of months so there wont be a decision to be made there for a while!

--

city.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali (S.Longstaff), Palacios, Chiesa, Olmo*, Fati (Dembele), Silva (Gabriel Jesus)

We got away with that as Bristol City dominated throughout and we struggled to get anything going. Sancho was unfit so Fati started (and picked up a knock) and he didn't do much in truth but his replacement, Dembele, set up Gabriel Jesus for the winner on his debut.

--

hudders.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios (S.Longstaff), Chiesa (Fati), Olmo, Sancho*, Silva (Gabriel Jesus)

Jadon Sancho made his debut and was the MOM as he scored a double - hopefully a sign of things to come!

--

SUMMARY

After an exciting and hectic summer we were back on it here but it was weird playing games in July. We started off with a 3-1 win in the Community Shield over Bournemouth so that's another trophy in the bag. In the league Gabriel Jesus got a late winner on his debut against Bristol City while against Huddersfield it was Jadon Sancho who impressed on his debut as he scored twice.

More transfer news - in a bid to recoup money spent last month I decided to sell Lee Kang-In and the attacking midfielder has joined Galatasaray for £40m which is a profit of over £25m. He didn't play much so to make that big a profit is quite impressive. Rayan Cherki joined Marseille on loan - hopefully he will get plenty of games!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANI OLMO
OLMO.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
july.png

Manager Moves

Pep Guardiola takes over Liverpool
Massimiliano Allegri replaces Guardiola at Man City
Gerardo Seoane (who?) is in charge at Southampton

Couldn't ask for a better start! Seoane is the current manager of Young Boys (SUI). Would be interesting to look at his career history and see how he earned the post!

can't ask for more than 3 wins from 3. What's your starting XI been for the first few games?

1578685327539.png

Frank Hudspeth
1910-29
Defender
472 apps, 37 goals

"Old Surefoot" spent 19 seasons at Newcastle and was their regular penalty taker and captain until Hughie Gallacher arrived. He won 1 cap for England and while at Newcastle he won 1 title and 1 FA Cup.

AUGUST

arsenal.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu (Yedlin), Montes, Lascelles, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Chiesa (Dembele), Olmo (Bellingham), Fati, Silva

I am happy with this point as away to Arsenal is usually a nightmare fixture for us. Sancho got injured in training so Fati came in and got his 1st goal for us early on. We missed some great chances late on but a draw is a fair outcome.

--

burnley.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali (S.Longstaff), Palacios, Chiesa, Olmo*, Fati (Dembele), Silva (Abraham)

Ben Godfrey and Tammy Abraham made their debuts here and it was Abraham who got the clinching goal late on.

--

everton.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali*, Palacios, Chiesa, Olmo (Abraham), Sancho, Silva

Sandro Tonali finally scores!!!!!!!!! It was the best goal of the game also. Sancho played his 2nd game and got his 3rd goal.

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
spurs.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Chiesa, Olmo (Bellingham), Fati*, Gabriel Jesus (Abraham)

A fine victory. For once the draw wasn't too kind so I couldn't rest too many players although I did bring in Fati and Gabriel Jesus and it was Fati who won us the game with his 2 goals. Tbh Spurs were the better side but it is us who go through.

--

liverpool.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali (S.Longstaff), Palacios, Chiesa, Olmo (Bellingham), Sancho (Fati), Silva

A huge, huge win. We were pretty even in the 1st half and Silva's goal gave us something to hold on to which we did but it wasn't easy as Sean Longstaff went off injured with 20min to go so we were down to 10 men.

--

SUMMARY

We maintained our decent start to the season with a fine August as apart from drawing away to Arsenal we won every other match which included Liverpool at home in the league and Spurs away in the Carabao Cup. I am very happy that my new players have clicked into gear early as I would have hated having to struggle early season having spent the best part of £300m.

In the cups we have drawn Brighton in the Carabao Cup while in the Champions League we will play Barcelona, Club Brugge and Vitoria Guimaraes so I cant complain about that.

Transfer news - Robert Bozenik, who I signed for £1.2m was sold to Ajax for an initial £14.75m which could rise to £16m. He had a short spell in favour but as 3rd choice striker he was never likely to feature much. Just don't tell that to Tammy Abraham lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FABIO SILVA

SILVA.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
aug.png

Transfers

transfer.png

transfers2.png

Attachments

• 1578685304593.png
    1578685304593.png
    255.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Couldn't ask for a better start! Seoane is the current manager of Young Boys (SUI). Would be interesting to look at his career history and see how he earned the post!

In my 1st season in the Champions League they reached the knockout stages of it as I remember I wanted to draw them so that is pretty impressive.

You should be able to apply the fix and German NT will populate with real players once the next International call ups happen. I've applied the fix mid-save and it works.

Cheers. It worked a treat. Hopefully I will be an international manager after the winter world cup. Got offered the Norway job but I have my eyes on the Scotland job naturally.

You've inspired me to do my own toon save, raised across the Tyne in gateshead and I never do the toon! Until now, 9 games in and in second after a huge first summer overhauling the squad! Dani olmo isn't nearly as good for me though, did steal ajer from celtic for 11m though and he's a beast!

1578688832549.png

Frank Clark
1962-75
Defender
464 apps, 2 goals

Clark was part of the side that won the 1969 Fairs Cup and was a club stalwart but got released. He promptly signed for Nottingham Forest and there he duly won the league, league cup and European Cup!

SEPTEMBER

derby.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Godfrey (Lascelles), Chilwell, Tonali (M.Longstaff), Palacios, Chiesa (Fati), Olmo*, Sancho, Silva

A five goal haul! After 2 league games Silva hadn't scored and was carrying on his poor form from the end of last season but in the last 5 league games he has scored in every match and has 7 goals in that spell.

--

UEFA Champions League Group A
brugge.png

Lineup
- Onana, Yedlin, Pankov, Lascelles, Chilwell, M.Longstaff, Palacios*, Dembele, Bellingham, Fati, Gabriel Jesus (Abraham)

Always nice to get a win in the Champions League with my backups but we really should have won much more comfortably considering they had a man sent-off early doors. Palacios scored a wonder goal from long range.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu*, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali (M.Longstaff), Palacios, Chiesa, Olmo (Bellingham), Sancho (Fati), Silva

We were awful here and were lucky to escape with a point. My old player Luka Ivanusec came back to haunt us with his goal. ***** lol.

--

vg.png

Lineup
- Onana, Yedlin, Pankov, Lascelles, Chilwell, S.Longstaff, M.Longstaff, Dembele*, Bellingham (Abraham), Fati, Gabriel Jesus

My backups got a run out again and they won easily. Having a far stronger backup side is already paying off. Abraham and Gabriel Jsesus are impressing every time they play and pushing Fabio Silva all the way.

--

spurs 3-3.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Lascelles (Pankov), Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios (S.Longstaff), Chiesa (Fati), Olmo, Sancho, Silva

A horror show. For an hour we were excellent and stormed into a 3 goal lead but then we shat it and we were left at the end how we escaped with a point as we were truly awful and Spurs clawed us back and missed a hatful of chances. Pathetic.

--

barca.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Chiesa*, Olmo, Sancho (Fati), Silva (Gabriel Jesus)

WOW!!!!!

We beat Barcelona - and comfortably too as we put our calamitous match against Spurs behind us. Gabriel Jesus even had a goal disallowed!! To put 5 goals past Barcelona is some achievement. We are in pole position in the group now.

--

SUMMARY

Overall September was a good month but the Spurs match sticks in the throat a bit as we threw away a 3 goal lead which sees us drop down to 3rd in the table. However if you put it in perspective we are unbeaten in all competitions and individually my new players have settled in well (Chiesa was struggling until Barca came to town lol) and all is good.

Due to the weird schedule due to the winter World Cup everything is getting condensed and here we are at the end of September having played 9 league games, 3 Champions League games and a league cup match!!!

Oh and naturally the highlight of the month was the fantastic 5-2 victory over Barcelona!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
EXEQUIEL PALACIOS

palacios.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
SEP.png

Manager Moves

Everton and Chelsea sack their managers.

Last edited:
1578746254513.png

Shay Given
1997-2009
Goalkeeper
462 apps

Signed from Blackburn Rovers for £1.5m Given went on to become a mainstay in the Newcastle side until his sad departure in 2009 when he joined Man City for £6m. One of the best keepers in the country at his peak he is a gaolkeeping coach in my backroom staff (Derby in real life)

OCTOBER

norwich.png

Lineup
- Onana, Yedlin, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali*, Palacios (S.Longstaff), Chiesa (Abraham), Bellingham, Sancho, Silva (Gabriel Jesus)

Nice and easy. Just as well Silva has scored in his last 8 league games as Abraham and Gabriel Jesus seem to score every time they play! They both came off the bench to score here.

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
brighton.png

Lineup
- Woodman, Yedlin, Pankov, Lascelles, Mbabu, Tonali (M.Longstaff), Palacios (Bellingham), Dembele*, Olmo, Fati, Gabriel Jesus (Abraham)

There were international games being played while we played here so I was without a left back, Woodman finally made his 1st appearance under me and basically we were depleted. We still made it through though with a great performance. Tammy Abraham even had a goal disallowed.

--

Lineup
-

--

Lineup -​

1578777842655.png

Shay Given
1997-2009
Goalkeeper
462 apps

Signed from Blackburn Rovers for £1.5m Given went on to become a mainstay in the Newcastle side until his sad departure in 2009 when he joined Man City for £6m. One of the best keepers in the country at his peak he is a gaolkeeping coach in my backroom staff (Derby in real life)

OCTOBER

norwich.png

Lineup - Onana, Yedlin, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali*, Palacios (S.Longstaff), Chiesa (Abraham), Bellingham, Sancho, Silva (Gabriel Jesus)

Nice and easy. Just as well Silva has scored in his last 8 league games as Abraham and Gabriel Jesus seem to score every time they play! They both came off the bench to score here.

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
brighton.png

Lineup
- Woodman, Yedlin, Pankov, Lascelles, Mbabu, Tonali (M.Longstaff), Palacios (Bellingham), Dembele*, Olmo, Fati, Gabriel Jesus (Abraham)

There were international games being played while we played here so I was without a left back, Woodman finally made his 1st appearance under me and basically we were depleted. We still made it through though with a great performance. Tammy Abraham even had a goal disallowed.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), Tonali*, Palacios, Chiesa, Olmo, Sancho (Fati), Silva (Gabriel Jesus)

Chelsea have been awful this season and have just appointed a new manager but they couldn't get anything against us here. Fabio Silva kept up his scoring run in the league and even missed a penalty.

--

4-0.png

Lineup
- Onana, Yedlin, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell (Renan Lodi), S.Longstaff, Palacios (M.Longstaff), Dembele (Abraham), Olmo*, Fati, Gabriel Jesus

OH MY GOD!!!!!

I rested some players here as I thought we would get beat anyway and as long as we didn't lose by 3 we would be ahead of them in the group and my gamble paid off - big time - as we get an incredible victory in the Nou Camp. Fiati opened the scoring against his old team and then Olmo had one disallowed before Gabriel Jesus struck to put us 2-0 up. Olmo (also against his old club) put us 3-0 up shortly after the break and completed the scoring late on.

Not a bad way to qualify for the next round lol.

--

alli.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali, Palacios, Chiesa, Olmo (Bellingham), Sancho (Fati), Silva (Gabriel Jesus)

Very disappointing. We didn't deserve to lose but we did and that ends our unbeaten start to the season and also Silva's scoring run in the league. Man City are mid table so this is a missed opportunity - especially having taken the lead.

--

3-2.png

Lineup
- Onana, Yedlin, Pankov (Ljubicic), Lascelles, Renan Lodi, S.Longstaff, M.Longstaff, Dembele*, Bellingham, Fati (Abraham), Gabriel Jesus

My backups got a game and did what was asked to do. With the group won there was no pressure although I am disappointed to have conceded 2 goals.

--

bmth.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali*, Palacios, Chiesa, Olmo (Bellingham), Sancho (Fati), Silva (Gabriel Jesus)

Bournemouth as always proved to be tough opponents here and we just edged it although both Silva and Gabriel Jesus had goals disallowed so it could have been much more comfortable.

--

SUMMARY

We had an excellent October - despite losing our 1st game of the season - with the highlight being our incredible 4-0 away win over Barcelona in the Champions League. That match was one in a million and arguably the best result in this save so far.

We are doing well in the league and are 2nd in the table but level top with Arsenal but whereas last season was a 2 horse race this season will be a lot tighter I feel but not with Chelsea - they are battling against relegation!!!!!

We have 1 match in November (our final Champions League group game) and then we break for the World Cup until Christmas so I will do a 2 month post next.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANI OLMO
OLMO.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
oct.png

Manager Moves

Who the **** is Jesse Marsch????? Well he is the new Chelsea manager!!!!
Frank Vercauteren rocks up at Everton
Spurs sack Mauricio Bielsa​

Some unreal results against Barca mate, such a good team you've put together as well

1578823692312.png

Alf McMichael
1949-62
Defender
433 apps, 1 goal

McMichael was signed from Linfield and was argued to be the best left back in Britain for a while. He won an FA Cup while at Newcastle and won 40 caps for Northern Ireland.

--

NOVEMBER & DECEMBER

vg.png

Lineup - Onana, Mbabu, Godfrey, Pankov, Renan Lodi*, S.Longstaff, M.Longstaff, Dembele, Blelingham, Fati (Abraham), Gabriel Jesus

We finish the group with a win which means we won all 6 of our group games. Bellingham got his first goal for us here. We break up for the World Cup now.

--

brent.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Montes, Godfrey, Chilwell, Tonali*, Palacios, Chiesa (Dembele), Olmo (Gabriel Jesus), Sancho (Fati), Silva

After a month and a half without a match we return to action here and we got the win that we wanted although the performance wasnt that great.

--

FA Cup 3rd Round
tranmere.png

Lineup
- Onana, Mbabu, Pankov, Lascelles (Ljubicic), Renan Lodi, S.Longstaff, M.Longstaff, Dembele, Olmo, Fati*, Gabriel Jesus (Munteanu)

We march into the next round with an easy win. Gabriel Jesus had a goal disallowed while Louis Munteanu made an appearance after returning from a year loan from New York City.

--

SUMMARY

What a weird period of time this was - 3 games spread over 2 months. Not much to say really as most of my team were off to the World Cup including Ansu Fati who was called up by Spain. Jadon Sancho however didn't make the England squad. In the end Portugal beat Italy 1-0 in the final while after the tournament I got offered the Paraguay and Republic of Ireland jobs but they don't interest me.

The board have given me extra money to spend in January and I now have around £100m to spend but I dont really need anybody!!!! I might just search for regens.

As an aside I think I might list all of the managers in the summer after the season is finished as there are so many weird appointments going on in all divisions!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RENAN LODI
lodi.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
dec.png

Manager Moves

Jurgen Klinsmann returns to Spurs to be their manager
England sack Gareth Southgate and appoint Derby manager Javi Gracia!
Uruguay, Paraguay, Croatia, Brazil, Holland and Argentina sack their managers after the World Cup (all apart from Paraguay rejected me lol)​

Those results against Barcelona were something else! Last time we played Barca IRL, I was about 12 I think in a friendly and Kluivert scored against us!

I find it a bit strange how you can win the PL with Newcastle however not even get considered for those NT jobs!